SIRVA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Wes Lucas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The culture and mentality is just the way upper management wants it (in 6 reviews)

• horrible health insurance and long hours (in 5 reviews)

"plusses and minuses"

I have been working at SIRVA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, recognition, pto policy, work from home ability, ability to move within the company to build your skills

Cons

Very lean organization in which most employees feel overburdened by work load.
     Complex systems that don't integrate well cause simple tasks to seem like an obstacle. A back log of data cleanup lurks with insufficient bandwidth to accomplish, high stress level, low tenure in key positions, high turnover rate, very challenging work environment, frequent layoffs, little backroom support.

Advice to Management

Provide sufficient resources and back room support to ensure customer quality. Poor data and stretched employee bandwidth create unnecessary challenges for client retention.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SIRVA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good PTO, Good hours, that's about it. I don't have anything else positive to.say about this company, that's all folks.

Cons

Awful, management does not care about employees, loud call center environment , rude employees, created a "Fun Area which Is a big joke, most people would rather have better coffee! way to much to list, medical to expensive.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway!

"You Deserve Better!"

Former Employee - Corporate Housing
    Former Employee - Corporate Housing

I worked at SIRVA full-time

Pros

Plenty of PTO days (even though you have to use them as sick days too)

Cons

This company has nothing to offer hard working employees. In the three years I've worked here, my hourly rate only went up .70 cent.

They overwork employees, expect you to work overtime, but will not pay you overtime.

Employee Benefits? More like "Employee Inconveniences"! Insurance premiums and deductible are so high, sometimes it's just cheaper to die.

Micro management is so severe, it teeters on the lines of harassment (listening in on phone calls, following you around the office, monitoring time spent out of the office).

Team culture was very click (ish). Throw you under the bus/ pass the buck mentality. No one wants to be accountable for their errors, but everyone will take credit for your accomplishments.

Management doesn't want good employees to advance for fear they may change things in the company. The culture and mentality is just the way upper management wants it. Management is the corporate equivalent of your stereotypical slum lord. You deserve better.

"Mgmt was not helpful and felt combative at times"

I worked at SIRVA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun activities for holidays, bonus pay, understood when life got in the way and you needed a day off for sick time or other family issues

Cons

Felt the managers did not try to understand issues that an individual would have and would not listen. Always defensive. Based on position, the base pay was lower and the metrics to receive bonus pay sometimes were not achievable and then you lost your bonus for things out of your control.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they are having an issue and don't flip a conversation to what they may have done or how they would feel. Its comparable to when you blame a victim for something they may have happened. Peoples concerns and feelings are legit. Management should treat all the same, but there are times when management is involved in cliques and it's obvious. More training on a management level, and how to speak to someone in a professional manner. Withholding raises for no given reason does not encourage people to want to come to work and give their all.

5. "Good Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at SIRVA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SIRVA does the best job I've ever seen at on-boarding a new employee. I worked remotely and was provided with every piece of equipment (laptop, phone, printer, etc) that I could need - and all were set up and ready to go. I was introduced to every person who I would need to interact with in order to perform my job. Hat's off to H/R!

Cons

There were a lot of clicks and it was not easy to come into this group as an outsider.

"Typical Corporate Job"

I worked at SIRVA full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home
    Managers are flexible

Cons

Low salary
    Poor raises
    Quick to lay off workers
    Micro-management
    Long hours and too much work for one person

7. "Financial Analyst Temporary"

Current Employee - Client Financial Analyst Temporary in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Client Financial Analyst Temporary in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SIRVA full-time

Pros

Team environment, very friendly, nice building in Cleveland and great location. Supervisors are always available and helpful. Numerous times an issue may come up that I do not know the answer to and they will try to solve it if they can. Response times from supervisors and managers are quick, I note this because sometimes I have to email or Skype to get in contact with them. Considerate with staff for doctor's appointments, illness and emergencies as I have noted with the other staff there.

Cons

temporary assignment is renewed every 30 days at the end of each month, so I don't know if I am working another month or just the end of the week. Pay is very low.

Advice to Management

I don't mind the job, but finding out on the 28th or 30th of the month if I am working the next 30 days is stressful and gives me little reason to stay. The work also seems to be feast or famine, I don't mind working, but one week I will work some 9 hour days or even 10-12 hour days then the next week it could be 6-8 hour days and struggling to get the 8 hours. Just spread the work out to 8 hours a day.

8. "Work Hard Get Promoted"

I have been working at SIRVA full-time

Pros

It is easy to shine here, all you have to do is commit and work hard and the promotions follow. Other reviews I have seen here are likely from those that don't want to put in extra effort to get the next promotion. I have had 3 promotions in 5 years and my salary has followed. Awesome flexibility, best part of working here, PTO is really good too. Benefits are fair but the cost is extremely high.

Cons

401k match is low and management keeps saying they can't afford to increase it...I think it is time the figure out how to afford it, there seems to be a lot of wasteful spending in the organization.

Advice to Management

You need more people that do the work you sell and less management strategizing on what to do. Hold management accountable for achieving goals and pay attention to those leaders who continue to have people leaving from their group, no one seems to pay attention to poor leaders and there are several

"Good Company, could use some policy changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at SIRVA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many positions offer work from home capabilities. Depending on your manager, hours can be flexible.

Cons

Flexibility should not depend on the manager, but a company-wide policy. This way, every employee gets the same chance for flexible hours or work from home capability.

Advice to Management

A nursing mother's room that is dedicated to only nursing mothers (and not used for other purposes) would be helpful. A sink and refrigerator in there would be great too. Many people are uncomfortable eating lunch around people who are washing pump equipment and may not be comfortable with breast milk next to their lunches in the fridge. With such a high percentage of women working at this location, a nursing mother's room should be a priority.

"Not always a pleasant culture to work in"

Pros

No shortage of work. Passionate people who truly want to help.

Cons

Too many competing interests with no clear leadership. The consultants get blamed for things that are out of their control. Outdated technology. Too many directors and VP's.

Advice to Management

Spend more time and money on developing the infrastructure to support the relocation consultants. Improve IT. Provide extensive new hire training. Unify processes globally.