SIRVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SIRVA (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Not a great first impression, they were friendly but were very disorganized. The HR Rep/ Recruiter that contacted me did not have much information to share about the role… I've not heard very good things about the company but decided to go forward with the interview to see for myself…no offer was given, no further communication was received after the face to face interview…no follow up.

Global Assignment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SIRVA in February 2016.

Interview

I had already interviewed with them several years ago. This time we only got through the initial phone interview and found out that the particular client they need someone for, requires a certain experience I don't have. But the interviewer was very nice. The questions were your standard behavioral questions, why you're interested, what you see your ideal job as, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you could have an ideal job, what would it be, or what would it entail?   Answer Question

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SIRVA (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, then progressed through hiring manager and colleague. HR was very helpful and provided great follow up. Hiring manager was very easy to talk to; very personable.

Assistant Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SIRVA (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

I was assigned by a staffing agency. I worked for them for approximately 3 months. The hiring process was short and casual. There was 2 interviews, a drug test and a background check. I was hired full-time within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

International Relocation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SIRVA (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was received a phone screen interview followed by an invitation for a live interview. The hiring managers dragged their feet a little and I didn't hear that I got the job until a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked what I owed the company. Kind of a weird question...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Relocation Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SIRVA.

Interview

Email correspondence was initiated a little over a week after submitting an online application. A short and standard phone interview then followed. The next step is an in person interview that was less structured.

Interview Questions

• What was one learned outcome of a challenging project?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SIRVA (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very through and it included two (2) face to face meetings, and three (3) phone interviews. They arranged all travel/accommodations for the face to face meetings. Interviews were professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• General sales experience and questions regarding how I would handle a variety of situations   1 Answer

Relocation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SIRVA in November 2014.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and tried to set up a time for a phone interview. We finally set up a date and time and then he never called. When I emailed him to follow-up he blamed it on another employee and didn't even apologize. By this point I had already realized what a joke this recruiter/company was but I went ahead and rescheduled a time for another phone interview. He called me ten minutes after our scheduled time and immediately told me that they were trying to fill the position by poaching someone from one of their competitors. I thought it was pretty bizarre that he would say that but he was entertaining so I stayed on the line. He then tried pushing me into a low-level position within the company that was located in a different state! I then ended the call and wished him the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move to Illinois?   1 Answer

Relocation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SIRVA (Oak Brook, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and very professional. It looks like this is a well run organization. I initially did a phone screen with a recruiter, and then was brought in to a panel interview. I did not get the job, but I think this would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into this role?   1 Answer

Relocation Consultant Interview

Interview

Standard questions involving background and how to handle different situations. They were keen on trying to use what I would call unethical tricks of the trade to handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you choose a white person over a black person?   Answer Question

SIRVA Response

Aug 29, 2014 – Manager TA

At SIRVA we stride to provide the best candidate experience and we are sorry we missed the mark for you. With that being said, we have never nor would we ever ask questions about race. SIRVA is an ... More