STG Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Technician"

Current Employee - CSE in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - CSE in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at STG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. I am able to learn new technology and work for a very large company. Tech Data has left us alone.

Cons

This can move slowly when you want to make big changes. With Avnet belonged merged, it will becomes very interesting on the team that is chosen.

Advice to Management

Trust your team.

2. "Tech ponzi scheme"

Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There were some very pleasant people working

Cons

This place is a ponzi scheme. They have no real services or assets to offer clients and take the labor of others and pass if off as their own. How they cleaned their books up enough to get acquired is a mystery to me.
    STG has no real employees of their own who perform work. They simply outsource other companies and pass it off as STG using 3rd parties to enhance their workforce. But no actual work force actually exists.
    This place is a heavy pump and grind sales operation. The company leadership only understand call center sale tactics so that is what they push with their sales team to constantly call up customers. Constantly overbills clients because sales team can't add up hours.

Advice to Management

Be honest

3. "Ponzi is 100 percent correct. It's a scam. End of story"

Pros

Well it beats food stamps or pumping gasoline. Also beats laying blocks at the logo factory. Hmm 20 words to fill this space.

Cons

It's not a real company. As the previous reviewer has said. It's not a real company. It's a marketing desk that desperately calls private contractors to handle there calls. They should not even be in business.

Advice to Management

Buy a few KFC chain stores and make some chicken.

4. "New ownership and investment"

Current Employee - Management in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Management in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Tech Data has acquired STG and are serious about growing, expanding the offering and taking care of our teammates. Being a fortune 100 company has great benefits and improved stability.

Cons

Channel only is harder than we expected, but the team is making progress and we are realizing the vision.

Advice to Management

Hang in there - we are SO CLOSE!!'

5. "Run as fast as you can!!"

Pros

If your one of the Corporate smacks you have no worries--Other than that Pfft--NOTHING

Cons

You will be used then thrown away--Phones rings--Your gone..What you do is NEVER good enough. This was the most toxic work environment ever worked for. Constant and never ending fear of being fired. Most all w2 techs worth anything ---you guessed it-Pfft -GONE!! They outsource techs all over the country--Like another person said, " Pretty on the outside" Run--Run as fast and as far as you can from this company.

Advice to Management

I hope the same same happens to you as what you did to me.

"decent company to work for if you stay healthy.once you have medical issues they throw you away."

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

working remotely with support covering stg customers 7x24 in massachusetts and rhode island for 4 years

Cons

company changes it's stripes if you develop medical issues.their true colors come out.mgmt has little ethics or morals.

Advice to Management

fire your ceo,then fire yourselves

7. "Industrial services"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at STG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment in a small company atmosphere. Well rounded benefits package. Friendly people. Located near like type companies As well.as retail, housing, and banking.

Cons

Never faces with challenges while employed,

8. "Great staff, easy to work with and very professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at STG part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about their employees. Their staff is professional and great to work with. Thoughtful and knowledgeable about their respective areas.

Cons

Sometimes a little disorganized and communication is not entirely solid, sometimes misunderstandings take place, but nothing too serious.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, caring about employees goes a long way.

9. "Hired to fill a role, empowered to do my job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my short time at STG I have noticed a culture of leadership empowering people to do their job. There is a difference in being hired to fill a roll and being empowered to do your job. Anyone can fill a roll but true leadership is empowering your employees to actually do their job thru trust, clear communication and accountability. The trust that has been placed in my ability and decision making is outstanding and like nothing I have experienced with any other employer. It makes me look forward to coming to work every day knowing that I can make decisions based on my ability that actually contribute to the overall success of the company. Having leadership that understand these principals is key to retaining the talented people they hire as well as letting your employees feel they are truly making a contribution as the company grows. The flexibility of work hours also is a plus when life throws the occasional curve ball and remote work makes more sense than coming into the office.

Cons

This company is for the self starting attitude. if you are looking for a place that you need to be told what to do most of the time you might struggle at STG.

Advice to Management

Creating a career road map for employees would help to utilize talent in the correct roles and also give employees more goal oriented focus in their daily jobs. This can strengthen morale and leadership as a company grows as rapidly as STG has the last few years.

10. "Great company, great leadership"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out at STG as an intern with high goals of growth within the company. With hard work, and great guidance I was able to move up and fill the Executive Assistant role, while still learning aspects of other positions. From the moment I started I have felt valued by the leadership team as well as my fellow teammates. My opportunities to succeed and excel were due to the leadership team's interest in mentoring and developing my professional and personal goals. STG is filled with great people, excellent benefits, and positivity. There are countless opportunities to build great relations with those who work around you as well as those who work thousands of miles from you, with fun wellness plans and recognition programs. I love working here and look forward to many years to come.

Cons

You must have ambition and drive to succeed here. Those who think they can just get by will not last.

Advice to Management

Keep up the same level of guidance, positivity and support for your team and we will continue to grow!