Sage Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Kelly

1,054 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 50 reviews)

• Some cultural challenges in senior management (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr, PAyroll Admin"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

I have been working at Sage 3 months. I can say that it is a great company to work for! I'm in the payroll team. They all are very helpful. It is a great team environment which I was looking for. Thank you Sage!

Cons

There is nothing negative about at Sage that I can criticize. I heard good things about the company before I accept the job offer. I'm glad I decide to work at Sage.

Advice to Management

Thank you for great work!

Feb 7, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of life here at Sage - and welcome! It's great to hear you are loving your role and you have a fabulous team and environment in Reston.

Thanks... More

"Could be much better"

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work Balance, excellent benefits, collaborative environment. Able to develop programs and put creativity into place.

Cons

Constant re-structuring, deficiency in strategic view from HQ leadership (not the NA). My 4 stars for leadership goes for the NA team

Advice to Management

Be customer centric in your product design

Sep 21, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback. At Sage, we are passionate about delivering the
    very best solutions for our customers. We therefore continue to evolve our organization, how it is organized, and... More

"Only if... they truly cared"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing and friendly. Helpful, for the most part. Some really try hard but their promotion process is INCREDIBLY long and bureaucratically AWFUL that they quit and get other jobs that deserve them.

Cons

The sales and Sr. technical support people for the Sage 50 queues are rude and unprofessional. Management is either micro-managing you or you have some that couldn't give a poo about what you're doing, they just don't want to be bothered. You will never get the elusive 10% bonus they bait you with. In the 5 years I was there, we never met sales goals and never saw a true "bonus", only fed pipe dreams and told support needs to pick-up where sales slacked off. I wish I could say that corporate cared but in reality, they're only interested in how good they are and how much money you can make them.

Advice to Management

Actually promote your employees and not just treat them "nice" at Peak season but during ALL SEASONS. Your promotion process is the absolute worst I've ever seen and DETERS long term employees and stunts their growth. A shame really, losing all of that talent when all corporate had to do was show that they actually care.

Sep 15, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We agree that our people at Sage are the best, not only professional but friendly too. In FY17 we launched our leadership development programme... More

"Don't work in Irvine"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people at the company are phenomenal. They are the best group of people that I have ever had the honor of working with. Highly intelligent, caring, and fun loving.

Cons

Company is reducing their foot print in Irvine. They don't say it, but everyone knows that Sage will eventually leave Irvine. Also, the company makes too many changes too quickly resulting in frustrated customers and employees.

Advice to Management

The Executive level needs to stop and really take a look at the changes that they are making and ask their customers and their employees how they feel about all of the changes. The customers that I have spoken with were very unhappy with all of the changes and the employees are frustrated.

Aug 15, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, we agree that our people are amazing - we work hard and play hard! We are still recruiting in Irvine and it's a strategically important centre for Sage. We regularly... More

"Training"

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Decent benefits.

Cons

Too much of a workload. Not really teamwork just pass the buck. Doesn't pay enough for the workload. Its a tech company but the systems used are not up to par. Everything is too manual.

"Sales Executive"

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

Paid time off, work life balance is good

Cons

new management is terrible and messing up peoples money.

Advice to Management

get new management.

Sep 1, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Really great to hear the PTO works well for you and you achieve a good work life balance - two very important benefits for our people.

We would like to understand what you... More

7. "Green Army"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues, many resources available for learning, work/life balance, open environment

Cons

No cons at the present time.

Advice to Management

Keep associates excited. Great company.

Aug 29, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback about Sage. It's great to hear you have a positive work life balance - it's really important our people can achieve this. We agree we have such friendly colleagues - our... More

8. "Customer Account Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun and open atmosphere . Challenging and fast paced . Great people .

Cons

sometimes the open work space can become loud.

Advice to Management

Management is great accessible and knowledgeable very welcoming . they will throw right in the fire though so always be prepared .

Aug 29, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and it's great you're loving the fun aspects of Sage. It sure is fast-paced and always a challenge - life goes quick when you work here! Feedback we get about our people is... More

"District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has great benefits if you can find someone in HR to assist with issues arising - they outsource all aspects and are processed through an third party.

Cons

Very difficult to get deals to processed. The operations team is overworked and under paid. The infrastructure for getting a deal processed is ridiculous. They hired too many sales people and don't have enough operations people to process the workload. The majority of the products are offered through third-party vendors causing minimal commission percentages for sales people.

Advice to Management

Better planning. When you hire qualified sales people and ask them to sell, you need to have the operations department trained and ready to roll. But when you push them to sell and then can't process their sales, penalizing them with no commission and inability to make quota, don't blame them. Take responsibility for your lack of planning.

"Some work to be done"

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People I worked with were awesome, and the benefits were great.

Cons

Within the last couple years there has been less emphasis on the employees and more focus on the numbers.

Aug 15, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for reviewing Sage. It's great to read your enjoyed working here and the benefits were good - our people are just the best aren't they! Our colleagues are the glue that hold the company... More

Showing 1,054 of 1,096 reviews