Sage Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Kelly

1,156 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management seems disconnected from general colleagues (in 51 reviews)

• Complacency in the market - real lack of New Business awareness in the business despite the messages from Senior Management (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr, PAyroll Admin"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

I have been working at Sage 3 months. I can say that it is a great company to work for! I'm in the payroll team. They all are very helpful. It is a great team environment which I was looking for. Thank you Sage!

Cons

There is nothing negative about at Sage that I can criticize. I heard good things about the company before I accept the job offer. I'm glad I decide to work at Sage.

Advice to Management

Thank you for great work!

Feb 7, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of life here at Sage - and welcome! It's great to hear you are loving your role and you have a fabulous team and environment in Reston.

Thanks... More

"Broke free of Sage. Same Issues (Sage Payments)"

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

New ownership. Money to spend. Payments focused people being brought in.

Cons

Still a significant lack of transparency. Most C-Level Management are remote. Plenty of funding, but still unable to hire. Changes have been slow.

Advice to Management

Understand that the lack of transparency is hurting the company. People need leaders who actually lead and not just talk about it and say the right things.

"Sage review"

Former Employee - Digital Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Digital Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, fun team projects and social responsibility, colleagues are willing to pitch in help you when you have to get work dive or have to fix a problem.

Cons

CEO and Sales don’t understand or appreciate marketing. It’s a sales focused organization. Management talks badly about one another to their team! Yuck! Blame games occur all day long, unorganized company and HR is shady. Constant layoffs, high turnover in leadership like a train wreck every other month occurs.

Advice to Management

Get some ntegrity and get organized. Stop treating people like they’re a number and not person.

"Coordinator"

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free tuition for employees and tuition benefit credit for children of employees.

Cons

Lack of transparency in decision making.

"You take the good.... You take the bad..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sage is a good company to work for. Not great but good. The work is interesting (and challenging at times), and the colleagues and teams are knowledgeable and collaborative.

However, the company and its organizational structure, both in NA and abroad , are difficult to navigate. But that's the good thing though if you wait long enough the company will reorg again (and again and again), and there will be more changes. And as with all company changes some good and some bad.

Vacation policy is fine and the work-life-balance is as well.

BOTTOM LINE: It's a lot of work running a global company of 12,000+, and I think Sage is doing the best they think they can. I do think there is room for improvement and, when looking at competitive companies, there are probably just as good or better employers out there. If you are looking for a job I would keep Sage on your list -- but just rate it somewhere in the middle.

Cons

The company changes org structures frequently, and rarely looks inside for the next generation leadership. To move up in Sage you probably have to move out and then back in. In recent years many of the leadership decisions have moved to the global HQ in the UK so many of the regions are just rolling out the plans from the mothership.

If you want a position to contribute to daily, but not get out of your comfort zone then Sage is for you. If you have hopes of a growing career, recognition and advancement - this is probably not the right organization for you.

Compensation is fair, but negotiate hard for your initial salary as increases once on-board are non-existent. My previous employer provided cost-of-living adjustments annually (on top of any type of performance bonuses) ; however, Sage provides 1-4% increase based on your yearly performance review - without any real hope of making larger salary jumps or role moves. Miserly (and pointless) would be a good way to describe the annual review process. Bonus structure looks enticing on paper but forget about actually making those goals as an individual, region and company.

"Unclear direction"

I worked at Sage full-time

Pros

Overall good benefits and PTO

Cons

Lots of changes.
    The leadership team doesn't have a clear strategy and direction.

Advice to Management

Be transparent

"It's Decent....Not Amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Nice location for commute. Good Holiday

Cons

They pay more attention to sales position than any other position. They get treated way better than Support or any other function. They tend to not care about Support analysts and their comfortable workflow utilities. There's no job opportunities for Support to move up. Takes several years to advance your career path or obtain your true salary value.

Advice to Management

Pay attention more to Support and stop treating Sales like Kings and Queens. Support teams are noticing the biased benefits and perks of sales which is complete nonsense. Pay attention to WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING. Callback Queues are not the best method and causing you to lose customer base quicker than other companies I've worked for!

Nov 23, 2017 – Channel and Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for your insight and feedback. We value all colleagues and every single one has an impact on customers. Have you worked with your manager to create a development plan? Within YourSage under... More

"Great Employer, but does not promote from within"

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and working with a good group of people.

Cons

Management is not promoted from within and turnover rate is high. The level an employee is hired is the level they will likely stay. In my 4 year tenure I saw a lot of new hires in positoin, but little if any pomotion from within.

Advice to Management

Promote growth from within, it changes the culture. Discontinue allowing new senior managers to bring in their former employees, force them to develop and promote existing employees. In 3.75 years with Sage, management above my manager turned over 3 times. Organizatoinally, it was blind leading the blind.

Nov 23, 2017 – Channel and Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for your feedback. Sage knows it makes sense to promote our own people and we are determined to do more of this. 26% of our vacancies go to internal candidates and in some countries this is... More

"I am laughing at myself for spending over 5 years here, only because now I have a real job that pays me what I deserve."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good view from 11th floor of BBT building in Midtown; free fruit occasionally...and that is all.

Cons

Too many to mention but as a REAL Sales professional the negative Glassdoor comments are more true to life than the positive ones.

Advice to Management

I know there is nothing you can do... the previous post regarding the revolving door of VP and Directors is totally true; the low pay structure is true, the changes in comp plans are true, the uncaring of the executives is true. If I was to give advice I would say, do what I did, leave now, and make more money with a company that cares for you; and I say that to the inside sales rep up to the VP of Sales.

"Sage Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They contribute to 401K and you're immediately vested

Cons

They only hire after you've proved yourself as a temp. You would assume that the pay would increase a lot after conversion but it does not. It's a call center so you are very much being micro managed. Very strict about taking breaks and lunch on time. Takes a very long time to be promoted in the company and as a barrier to promotion you have to take a test. The annual raise is a joke.

Nov 3, 2017 – Channel and Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. Once you become permanent you will receive benefits such as our award-winning colleague share plan, also you become part of the bonus plan. At Sage, we encourage... More

Showing 1,156 of 1,202 reviews