Sage Reviews | Glassdoor

Sage CEO Stephen Kelly
Stephen Kelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 50 reviews)

• Some cultural challenges in senior management (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr, PAyroll Admin"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

I have been working at Sage 3 months. I can say that it is a great company to work for! I'm in the payroll team. They all are very helpful. It is a great team environment which I was looking for. Thank you Sage!

Cons

There is nothing negative about at Sage that I can criticize. I heard good things about the company before I accept the job offer. I'm glad I decide to work at Sage.

Advice to Management

Thank you for great work!

Feb 7, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of life here at Sage - and welcome! It's great to hear you are loving your role and you have a fabulous team and environment in Reston. Thanks... More

2. "Sage Accounting Sales Team Rocks"

Current Employee - Emerging Technology Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Emerging Technology Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with strong Global Talent

Cons

None that henders employee growth

Jul 18, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and it's great to hear the global sales team well and truly rocks! We agree - but go further, our people across Sage simply rock. Thanks again.

"Do NOT work here. Awful would be a step up"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One Sage lifer said: "We have no leadership. So we play a lot of golf."

Easy to sell to under 100 employees organizations, even though executive team will push for up market (up to 200 employees.)

There is so much confusion, that leads so much change, that execs have accepted their fate: we will lose deal after deal. So expectations low and dropping.

Cons

Management changed their titles to appear as VPs for prospect calls.

No onboarding, no training, so your manager will be clueless.

Morale cannot get lower, but it does.

Of 12 reps on my team, 1 person has made sales, and the ISR team is devoted to his patch and in 3 years, all total, he is not close to quota for 1 year.

Team sales meetings covered critical items such as: how to use email, how to call a prospect and ask for employee count rather than flying on-site, and when to use an SC (most reps had the SCs do most everything.)

Advice to Management

Again and again, you mislead applicants, and we trust you, only to learn what others have said - Sage is a disaster.

My manager had NO idea who our addressable market was, after 6 months. A little training would help.

Buying more software to "fix" morale? Really? Doesn't that prove that you don't get what it takes to run a sales organization?

Misleading applicants, employees, and prospects will lead to your current revenue - 4 years and 12 small deals.

Bring in a professional executive. Rid yourself of the yes wo/men who have no clue and are there because they lasted the longest. And stop paying inexperienced reps HUGE salaries. They are a burden to the few who can run sales cycles.

"Lawrenceville office"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A few of the people who work at Sage are qualified and want to do a good job and provide good customer service.

Cons

Top management is constantly changing focus and direction- no clear vision. They have laid off a lot of people recently who had a wealth of experience. Because of those exits, Sage now has a huge gap in productivity and direction.

Advice to Management

Before you lay off people, find out what role they play in your success instead of just looking at the numbers.

Jun 13, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. We agree with you that our people are fantastic and are committed to doing a great job - from creating innovative new products for... More

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intelligent, talented people; ability to work from home

Cons

Management is short-sighted and majors in minors, creating a culture of fear and mistrust.

Advice to Management

Get out of your employees' way, and let them do what they were hired to do. Stop the constant upheaval and let people focus.

"Growth Mode"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the middle of growth focused transformation and tons of opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Large org and can be challenging to determine the various roles and resources available for you to succeed

Jul 3, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review of Sage. It's great to read you see the opportunities at Sage and anyone can make an impact. It can be difficult sometimes working in an organisation of over 13,000 people... More

"Don't discount these reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I met here have been amazing. I worked with some amazing and talented people, who I will miss working with.

Cons

When I interviewed I asked about the bad reviews. I was told it was due to the hard decisions that had to be made to drive the new direction of the business, but that things were settling down and not to worry. I'm here to tell you...worry. They still don't know what they're doing. I was hired a few months after a large layoff where they made employees reapply for positions in their departments. They just did another large layoff a week ago and then posted a bunch of new job openings.

In speaking with recruiters in the area, Sage is known for this. In the year I was there we saw a lot of turnover - from people finding different jobs to people's positions "being eliminated".

Definitely ask about these reviews in your interviews, but understand there is a reason there are so many reviews and why so many of them are negative.

Advice to Management

Figure out what needs to be done and stick with a plan!

Apr 20, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. We agree that our people are amazing and talented. It's not meant to be a cliche, or even dismissing your comments, but change everywhere is constant and, as with all... More

"Mid level managers need people skills / treat others with dignity"

Current Employee - Senior Development in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Development in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some dedicated & caring people; good pay and reasonable benefits; some good products.

Cons

Managers not reviewed by their subordinates nor trained in proper people skills; some managers make accidental or on purpose disparaging remarks (calling a staff stu[pid ]without justification) and no one to turn to. Some race & gender favoritism. Witnessed persons who blame their mistakes on others. A few staff seem to revel in being nasty or backstabbing behavior.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in proper people skills. Put focus on just successes and hard work instead of just the occasional mistake especially when the successes FAR OUTWEIGH any mistakes. Do not allow any favoritism of any kind, and never ... I mean never call a person a derogatory name to their face or behind their back. If managers think something can be done better, then prove it ... share your thoughts and ideas but if all you do is criticise, you are the one that is wrong.

May 2, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Before I talk about how we are tackling your leadership points, it's crucial that you report any bullying, racism or any other forms of discrimination. Please refer to the... More

"Nice vision, horrible implementation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Encourages remote workforce to save money on facilities. Good amount of time off.

Cons

It's difficult to know where to start. Basically, nothing works around here. The rating system mentioned by someone else is inhumane and is like another accounting ledger for tracking people. They move quickly with new ideas with no testing and no making sure that anything works.

Morale is horrible and people smile anyway just to keep their jobs. Some oldtimers do whatever they want. VPs love to sing their praises and act like cheerleaders for ideas, but the implementation is still a disaster.

Advice to Management

Make sure your plans have a chance of working if its for human evaluation or putting new technology into use. So many changes but none of them work. You need to test to make sure things work before you implement new changes. This is bad for employees and bad for customers.

Jul 4, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review of Sage. Work life balance is important to colleagues, we recognise this, hence some people are able to work at home, rather than spending their money and precious time on a... More

10. "A lot to like"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Location, company culture, my team

Cons

Slow to send corporate information on to employees at times and can be disjointed

Advice to Management

Better communication on corporate objectives. Executive leadership can move a bit faster to get information out to employees.

Jun 6, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback. So pleased to hear such positives things about Sage - our people are fantastic; having great colleagues cannot be under-estimated in terms of the positive impact it has... More

Showing 981 of 1,022 reviews