Sage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sage (Mumbai (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Sage from Dubai asked me whether I am open for Dubai Jobs, on my confirmation i got call from UAE - Sharja (Sage Partner), they asked me whether i can implement Sage X3 within 20 days and how fast i can come to Sharja.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Positive and professional experience overall. Communicated in a timely way during the process, despite some duplication of effort between HR and the Hiring Manager, which resulted in a mixed message about my chances pretty far into the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out as very difficult. I talked with 3 different managers, and they all asked questions which could be expected and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful and supportive. The interview was with 2 managers and we seemed to connect very well. The follow-up interview was with the Sales Director which was the most unique interview I've had because of his interest on the why behind what I do. He was not interested on the technical skills but more about the philosophy and approach to selling.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a sales environment where you do not acquire new customers but are speaking with customers who have been called multiple times by several of your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable. I had a very thorough manager who responded to my requests and follow up questions.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage in November 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn about a position at Sage NA with a detailed description. After communicating back my interest in the position we spoke briefly on the telephone and went over my goals and I told him about some of the projects that I have been working on. He then contacted a Sr. Talent Acquisitions member who later contacted me via telephone to discuss the projects that I have worked on in slightly more detail. He seemed to have some technical training and asked some minor technical questions regarding the projects. Shortly after, I received a c# questionnaire that was nearly identical to some college level intro level programming course assignments. Within 3 days I was asked to do an in person interview with the team manager, dev ops manager, and two Sr. level Software Engineers. First I met with the software engineers. First, they reviewed a couple of things on my assessment to see if I recognized any things I could have done differently. Then they asked me a high level implementation question and had me white board a solution. There was a lot of low key discussion. They were mainly looking for problem solving skills and how I would go about implementing a resolution to a random problem. They never made me feel uncomfortable. It was very collaborative. I could ask questions, they would ask questions and they assessed how I went about it.
    Then I met with the DevOps manager and Team Manager who reviewed my interests, skills, goals, projects, and experience in agile processes. The interview ended with a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The high level implementation question and had me white board a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was provided an offer that in the end worked out to what I was asking for with the yearly bonus.

Software Development Manager Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter to discuss a software development manager role. After answering some questions about my previous experience as a developer and manager, the recruiter asked me what wage I was looking to make. I replied, "Market rate, because I want what's both fair to the company and employee." The recruiter immediately started playing down their ability to compensate market rate, explaining that the position would like be at least $20k less. I had not even mentioned a number at this point, and the job listing was for an experienced professional in this role. I replied that there is more to compensation besides base salary and I'd need to see the company culture and entire compensation package. I did not get a call back. When I meet with other professional colleges after work, I mention this story as a way to get laughs. Sage is hilariously attempting to attract experienced 'talent' by giving the lowest bid, and then hoping someone is desperate enough to take it. I now know why all the ratings for Sage on Glassdoor are so low.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I first had several phone interviews. Following the phone interviews which were only lightly touched on technical aspects, I was flown to the company for some in person interviews.

These were one on one interviews for about an hour with 5 currently employed developers and one manager. One interviewer hit hard on the technical questions and problem solving, but the rest mostly just asked about items on my resume (had to show the knowledge).

Interview Questions

• I had to reverse a doubly-linked list. It's not really that hard of a problem, but I felt kind of put on the spot for it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sage in July 2013.

Interview

The initial phone screen was a simple "get to know you" interview. It went well and moved onto a coding exercise. The process seemed to be delayed due to lack of propper planning by in-house recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I recently interviewed in person with Sage. The communication between me and the hiring team from the start flowed smoothly. It started off with a technical assessment to guage my ability with some of the tools I would be using on the job. This was done through email.

After successfully passing the technical assessment, I was then scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved questions about my personality, previous projects I've worked on, and a brief overview of some of the technologies used in the projects. The interviewer was professional and any added pressure was self-inflicted.

The final stage in the hiring process was the Main Event, the in person interview at the company office. The front desk staff was professional and did their best to make sure you were comfortable. When the interview itself started, I was interviewed with one of the heads of R & D and this was just an ice breaker interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer just wanted to know where I see myself in X number of years, and what I do for fun, etc... Once that was over, another guy came in, one more technical than the first guy. He gave me an overview of how the programming teams are laid out, and just a glimpse at the day to day life of a software engineer at the company. This was easy for me too, as I was able to talk technical with this guy and I knew what I was talking about. ... Following him were 2 of the senior developers, and they again asked technical questions and gave me a problem to solve on the white board. It wasn't a bad experience..The final interviewer was a manager and this one was similar to the first interviewer. More of a look into my personality and an explanation of the company. The entire in person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Call and on site. During the call interview the Engineer was very nice and asked personal and few general questions about programming. On site interview was more involved and i had to solve problems on the board. Also, a lot of questions were asked about my previous projects and talking in details about it made a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about algorithms and languages used. You need to now the things you put in your resume.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview followed up by an in person interview with 3 managers. Afterwards it took about 1 day to get a response of being accepted for the position. In total from application to hire the timeframe was about 2 weeks. The overall process was not too in depth and interview questions normal.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sage (Herndon, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR. Had a phone screen with a technical architect who went over my resume and asked me how comfortable I'm with a list of technical skill set . No technical questions were asked here. I was invited to come on site to meet with the team for an interview . I first had a quick chat with the Director of the team, it was veryyy casual and basic question on experience . Met with two developers , who asked me about my experience in web development . No technical questions were asked through out the process .
    Never heard back from the HR or the manager about interview result when I was told they would "certainly " let me know . I found that a little unprofessional.