Sage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

Learning Services Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 3 set times to interview and the recruiter at the last minute either missed the interview or cancelled at the last minute. After the third time she needed to reschedule, I withdrew my application.

May 16, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about this experience, which is disappointing from our point of view, as a good candidate experience is something we work hard to ensure happens. I am ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sage (Remote, OR).

Interview

The hiring process was very fast. The HR was nice to talk with. Interviewed with hiring manager who was great and then interviewed with another manager who sounded either drunk or stoned. It was almost too casual because some of the words used were inappropriate. Then last interview was with one of the executives who was not engaged and obviously had better things to do than reading off canned interview questions/interviewing a candidate. Such a huge relief that I didn't get an offer phew~~

Interview Questions

Sage Response

May 16, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback. This is not how we expect our leaders to behave. I will follow up, but without further details it will be difficult. Feel free to contact me lynne.ellis-parker@sage.com

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview went well. Very nice. Seemed a bit Sarcastic initially, but okay overall. I did wait for a while once arriving to the nterview, but no big deal. Was told at the end of the interview Recruiter would contact me for next steps with interview process. Never heard back. Even after emailing Recruiter and Calling him. Not the type of communication I expected especially since the Recruiter was very well spoken initially.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

The process was rather long and involved. The results were good. The selection process is team-based and allows for buy-in from different constituents, which - long term - ensures the health of the team and is a positive. It can, however, create a lengthy process for hiring.

Interview Questions

• Experience with cloud-based software   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very Long and Slow, ultimately the job went to an internal person. During the process, I found out that overall the company is looking to shed 1/3 of it's work force worldwide, which makes you wonder why are they interviewing outside candidates. (you can do the Revenue/head count math and see why.) My contacts who "used" to work there (a/k/a laid off) warned me that about all this. However the "nice people" in the TA assured me that this wasn't the case as this role was going to be filled..ultimately it was not

Interview Questions

• Basically, How would you handle a situation where you asked to do something, without a organizational mandate to implement what we are asking you to change.   1 Answer

Customer Support Analyst--Multiple Teams Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I am currently a Contractor at Sage, through Kelly Serviceso, so the interview was very informal. The process was a bit lengthy, as I received a verbal job offer from one of the Managers, but getting the paperwork from HR thereafter took more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell what you find most challenging about being an Analyst.   1 Answer

Learning Program Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Internal Recruiting was very easy to work with, provided the steps as well as dates ahead of time so I could prepare properly for each phase. The interviewers were very flexible with timing, most of the interviews were very early in the morning and this helped me manage my day and not impact the company I was currently working for. I interviewed with four colleagues besides the Recruiter. Everyone was on time, ready for our discussion, asked great questions, and made me feel like they wanted me to join the company and team. Negotiations were professional and easy, all of my questions were answered and most of my needs were met.

Sage asked for 5 references, two of which needed to be managers. Feedback solicited from these references was collected via a third party tool. It was short and very easy for the references to provide information, and all of the references I used stated how pleasant and efficient the process was.

Interview Questions

• At the end of one of the interviews I was asked "as we wrap up our discussion, what one thing would you like Sage to know about you". I liked this question because it could have been answered professionally or personally, and the way I responded was well received.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Frustrating. Regardless of my qualifications exceeding their requirements, I was discriminated against and subsequently disqualified from consideration as my most recent salary was higher than what Sage offered. I was told via email that I was considered a "flight risk". I was extremely interested in this position and expressed my sincere desire to work for their organization. However they would not even consider me due to my prior financial earnings. Very sad.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was so disappointed with the entire process. I applied for the position online and was talked to by a recruiter about my payroll experience. I walked into the interview and was told the position I was interviewing for was a customer support position in a call center working 10 hours a day assisting customers. I asked why this was advertised as a Payroll Specialist position and they responded that they had no idea. Complete waste of my time, especially since I was told to prepare for interview questions regarding tax laws, tax forms and payroll processing...only to find out it was a call center position that had no aspect of payroll. The recruiter completely lied about the position, and I have lost respect for this company if this is what they do to recruit new hires. I have tried contacting the Sage recruiter following the interview and he has not replied to my calls.

Director of Agency Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I have never experienced such unprofessional people in my life. The Sage recruiter was terrible. Scheduled meetings without confirming times with me and failed to provide information on the people with whom I was interviewing until I asked.

After the initial screen interview I moved on to an in-person, on-site interview with three people. They were fine. A few days later, I received an email asking me to fill out a candidate experience survey. That seemed a bit odd as I was waiting to hear feedback from the in-person interview. So I emailed the Sage recruiter and got an automatic reply saying that she was no longer with the company. Then I sent an email to the VP I interviewed with - no reply. I sent an email to the recruiter's replacement - no reply. I Tweeted Sage Careers - no reply. I sent an email to recruitment at Sage - no reply.

FINALLY the recruiter's replacement called and informed me that before the initial recruiter left, she had marked in the system that I had declined to move forward. WHAAAAT?!? I told recruiter #2 that was completely untrue and she said she'd follow up. An hour later I received a call from some guy who said he was working with recruiter #1. He told me he called me that morning. He didn't. He also told me he sent me an email. He didn't. Then he proceeded to tell me that they had decided not to move forward. I asked for feedback and it was if he was reading off a script. Complete crap. Insulting, disrespectful and a complete cluster. Plus the lying?

Pay attention to the reviews here. Everything Sage says on their website about how they treat candidates is a lie. This is not a good indication of how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

Sage Response

Jul 1, 2016 – Internal & External Communications Specialist, NA

I am sorry to hear that your candidate experience with Sage has not been a good one. We are proud that the vast majority of the candidates we connect with have a positive experience. That being said ... More