Sage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

It was alright, not too bad. Asked many questions pertaining to the position. As well as coding panel which consisted of a few rounds of coding challenges. Questions about data structures and algorithms primarily.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

It was great, the manager was and recruitment was very helpful and knowledgeable.
    There was nothing out of the normal, Sage interview processes are generally longer because they tend to vet prospects and only want the best of the best.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I would think twice before interviewing with this company. The contracted recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. I was open to speaking with him. He goes and ask questions about me to someone who now works for Sage that worked at my former job and needless to say it got back to my employer that I interviewed with them. So if your looking to keep your current job I wouldn't interview with them.

Software Development Manager Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter to discuss a software development manager role. After answering some questions about my previous experience as a developer and manager, the recruiter asked me what wage I was looking to make. I replied, "Market rate, because I want what's both fair to the company and employee." The recruiter immediately started playing down their ability to compensate market rate, explaining that the position would like be at least $20k less. I had not even mentioned a number at this point, and the job listing was for an experienced professional in this role. I replied that there is more to compensation besides base salary and I'd need to see the company culture and entire compensation package. I did not get a call back. When I meet with other professional colleges after work, I mention this story as a way to get laughs. Sage is hilariously attempting to attract experienced 'talent' by giving the lowest bid, and then hoping someone is desperate enough to take it. I now know why all the ratings for Sage on Glassdoor are so low.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Biased and terrible I would not recommend anyone in their right mind working here. They devalued the position and the employees and lowered the pay by half . Fired half of support and sent it overseas.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

I applied through a university job offer section. It was for a summer internship on different startups throughout the summer. The interview was very natural and the interviewer was very welcoming. I was just asked a few basic behavioral questions.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

They ask you random windows computer software and accounting questions so be prepared to brush up on your knowledge on those. All the questions are pretty basic so it's just a matter of you knowing most of the terms.

Interview Questions

• How much RAM does a computer have and how can you find out?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who had some initial difficulty in scheduling and confirming non -UK times. 3 telephone interviews, 3 in person interviews. Personality and IQ test.
    Sage uses HR contacts out of the UK, so you will recieve an OOO notification from email due to time zones. Scheduling and responsiveness (despite time commitments to get back to you) were less than ideal for a talent search. One person at Sage even sent me the presentation deck for another candidate (it was a desperate PPT on why to give her the job, with the last page showing the picture of the candidate + the hiring manger....!) While very impressed by 4 of the 5 interviewers, the 5th was awful. He was sexist, rude, and was not interested at all in my skill set, but focused on his 'ownership' in the organization. It was not explained how he would interface with this position, but he made it clear how 'powerful' his role was (yes, he actually said that). The other team members were wonderful- bright, articulate, committed, and open to advancing marketing. After 3 months, and hours of time on my part, I followed up only to be told the position was 'relocated to London.' I was disappointed, but look at this as a positive. I will not have to work with the 'powerful' man! It was an interview full of #mansplaining. I've had enough bad bosses in my career to recognize them. Avoid.
    Additionally, there is a lot of organizational change happening. They are transforming the company (which sounds great on paper), but there are 5 or 6 different "bosses" at SVP levels... this complexity of 'ownership' will lead to hoarding of power and internal strife. My advice, wait until they kick out the old guard clinging to the past and then join- on the upswing. There are still layoffs and they want passionate people. So, if you have skills, can work in a matrix, and have passion - Sage could be a great place for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a successful campaign you ran? What drove its success? How was your copany organized (who ran EMEA with how many direct reports)? What are the differences in SMB and large enterprise marketing? What is your experience in the channel? How would you prioritize at Sage? What kind of social media do you believe markets the best? How do you manage MDF? What are some channel best practices you have used?   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a screening. Went to their location and they were having a massive hiring event after a massive layoff. (The reviews do not lie). There were over ten candidates there that say. Everyone was handed over to a "Hiring Manager" like a number being called on the deli department of a grocery store.
    Office is very pretty, but crowded, no one seemed to be having a good time or smiles anywhere. Very off putting.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to speak regarding an open position. After talking for a few minutes she essentially said I was not qualified for a senior level and will not proceed to speak with the hiring managers even though companies like Equifax, Fiserv, Cox Enterprises and Georgia Pacific were all in the process of lining up face to face interviews with me for a senior position. She told me I would be in line for an entry level analyst position even with 5 years of progressive experience with top companies.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience driving a business unit toward the forecasted targets?   Answer Question