Sage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sage

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Interview

Interview

Swift, efficient interview process. They want to uncover your skills set for fit, not catch you out with irrelevant questions. Interviews were 30 minutes each, and it was a simple 3-step process with full transparency about anything you want to know. Michael organised professionally, was direct, friendly and accommodated my technical issues without batting an eyelid. Looking forward to starting, industry peers have shared great word of mouth about Sage.

Interview Questions

• Like most people, I don't enjoy interviewing, but the questions were relevant and the task set was fun.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sage in November 2020.

Interview

Initially was contacted by an HR rep that informed me I was moving to the interview phase. She set up a date an time for a virtual interview with the manager of the team I'd be joining.

Spoke with the manager of the team I would be joining through Microsoft Teams. She asked me some light technical questions about troubleshooting, some personality questions, and one or two accounting questions. She then let me ask a few questions about the position. Very casual and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 to 3 years?   3 Answers
    • Are you comfortable with phone support as well as chat support?   3 Answers
    • Are you able to work from home, but arrive at the office if we reopen the building?   1 Answer
    • What are Assets and Liabilities in Accounting?   2 Answers

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

Spoke with sales ops manager about previous duties and what I can bring to the open position. Do I understand the position has about 90% manually entry. How well I work as a team.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work overtime and working as a team is what makes the company succeed. Also the manually data entry doesn’t bother as much.   1 Answer

Customer Success Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage in September 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out quickly for a screening interview 2 days after applying. After speaking with the recruiter and being screened for salary, I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was scheduled to speak with a peer-type interview (similar position on a different team). I thought the 3rd interview went well too, but then I never heard back. It's been 4 weeks and my candidacy is still active in their system yet they've gone silent. I've already accepted another job elsewhere and it will be interesting to see if Sage ever responds.

Interview Questions

• How do you define customer success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the problem.   Answer Question

Human Resources Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

The process was interesting. The recruiter reached out to me in July, but we didn't start interviewing until August. At first, the job title was Recruitment Marketer, but then they changed the job to HR Rotational Program. At that point, I knew that this wasn't the role for me.

After my in-person interview, I didn't hear back for a while. Once I did, two weeks later, they said the company was still trying to get the HR rotational program organized. That was definitely a red flag for me. After about a month, they informed me via phone that they were not moving forward with my candidacy.

The interview process was very disorganized. Also, before you interview, double-check to make sure the job you applied to is the job that you'll actually be doing at the company.

Stages
    - Phone Introduction
    - Phone Interview
    - In-person interview

Product Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews. One with the recruiter and another with the hiring manager. Nothing out of the usual but them they went silent on me. I had a couple of follow-ups and no response. Is it too much to expect a simple no thank email? Is this an image of the company you want to project?

People Service Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and easy. I got hired within a month of applying. I was updated throughout the entire process which is very rare. I had one main person I contacted and she was very quick to respond to any questions that I had. The In-person interview was great. The interviewer was really interested into what I wanted in a career and how Sage could help with that.

Senior Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. After a screening call with the recruiter, I spoke with two other people on the team. I was asked to submit written answers to several questions and to provide five business referrals, including at least one prior manager.

Rewards Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Atlanta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

Very drawn out, had two phone interviews which were great, then I was asked in for an in-person interview (with the same people from the phone) to find out it was a mix-up and not necessary. The next week went back for a video interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would do here? Whats the second thing?   1 Answer
    • Also we discussed which office I'd be working out of (because Lawrenceville was way too far for me). The hiring manager said "I don't care if you work from Hawaii as long as the work is getting done." He led me to believe that my presence in Lawrenceville would be minimal and I could work out of the Midtown office primarily. He also placed great emphasis on working remotely and discussed their downsize in the building because so many people weren't actually working from the office.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

two phone calls each with recruiter, one phone call with sales manager, in person interview with vice president of sales, they extended an offer letter, I countered then a back round check

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the HR. Basic questions were asked. overall average experience. didn't get an offer.
    Eg. why do you want to work here? Talk about your past experience. etc

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? Talk about your past experience. etc   Answer Question