SaleCycle Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Dominic Edmunds

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible working hours and autonomous working environment (in 14 reviews)

• The work lifestyle; flexy working hours (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Not Enough Training/Help from Supervisor or Senior Management (in 5 reviews)

• It is sometimes hard to get a car parking spot, and there are not many food options close to the office for lunch (in 4 reviews)

1. "Doing it right"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel it's an open and honest company with lots of ambition but also a healthy dose of financial common sense. My team has discussed our competitors encountering significant financial problems and we all feel the way the business is run helps to ensure we don't follow suit.

Cons

There has been a bit of staff churn over the last year (the team is bigger it's just people not being the right fit). I think with greater focus on the hiring process and onboarding, we can prevent that in future.

Advice to Management

We hear lots of headlines about the future plans for the business but I'd like to hear more about how get there.

"Not Worth Your Time"

I worked at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

-Youthful/Upbeat Environment
    -Great Tunes Playing everyday
    -Great CRM Tools to help prospect/reach out to new clients
    - Free Coffee, Soda, and Snacks Every Day
    - Trendy Office Space with Updated Technology

Cons

-Other people at the office will answer your extension while your away
    - Not Enough Training/Help from Supervisor or Senior Management
    - Not Enough Product Training to ensure confidence when relaying info to prospect
    -Just because this job is listed 9-5 does not mean you will be there from 9-5. I used to stay until almost seven.
    - Weak Weekly meetings, which instead of giving you encouragement and advice to improve your performance, is a pushy, negative commentary for a half hour telling you you're not good enough and that you should stay/come in early until your good enough.
    -Unreachable goals for Commission.
    -High Activity does not mean more meetings or quality meetings. I got more meetings/success when I was not doing an enormous amount of activity.
    -Pressure from upper management starts coming in after you've had one unsuccessful week.
    -I found that you are more favorable when you are spending your day chatting/sucking up to upper management instead of doing your actual work.
    - No in person networking, no business cards, strictly phones/emailing
    -High turnaround, so if one person is there one day, they're not there the next.
    -Also, they say you get 25 days of PTO, but at the end of your employment there they said that it was accrued and you owed back pay in PTO- I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AND WAS NOT MADE AWARE OF THIS AND IT WAS NOT ON MY CONTRACT.
    -If you're looking for a work-life balance, I would not recommend working here.

Advice to Management

INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES!!
    -Make sure every employee has an employee handbook
    -Improve your training program
    - Give your employees more of a work-life balance.
    - Make sure the PTO accrual is known before the person takes the job.
    - Have a payment schedule/calendar for employees. I knew our pay was bi-monthly, but I never knew WHEN I would get paid. It was hard to schedule bills, etc.
    -If an employee is not making their numbers, but working hard, help them, give them advice instead of tearing them down.

3. "well, it's a European company, what would you expect?"

I worked at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

- Benefits most American companies would never give you.
    - Flex hours
    - Great people
    - Casual dress, chill office

Cons

- Open office and loud annoying music
    - Management not friendly towards remote-work
    - Management skimps on the cheapest hardware/services to the detriment of employee productivity
    - Salary is under-market but benefits made up for it

"Amount of work needed to succeed in differing departments varies dramatically"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

Without a doubt, the people, their dedication, and the collaboration among them at SaleCycle is SaleCycle's greatest strength. We also have a wonderful vacation and benefits package.

Cons

Some teams have it a lot harder than other's and it's undeniable. Some days you'll see an entire department missing because they're out on vacation while others wouldn't dare step out for a second due to their larger workload and quota goals. There's also a severe lack of communication from management as to where we're headed or our larger company goals/targets.

Advice to Management

Regular "notes from the top" have been great so far but when things are going well, it would be nice for our work to be celebrated rather than simply issuing us paystubs. I'd also recommend finding new ways to invest in your proven and successful employees, or risk losing them to other tech companies that offer more.

"Wouldn't Reccomend"

I worked at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

Great flexibility and benefits. People were fun and friendly. Lots of events and everyone was like one big family.

Cons

This one is for senior management -- start treating every single employee as a valuable asset to your company instead of belittling them or thinking their contribution is insignificant. One of the main reasons I left was seeing how senior management looked down on certain departments as opposed to others. I also sensed a lack of investment in their employees. How are you going to grow a company and NOT invest in your employees? Also the product is not competitive at all. There are other companies who are doing it way better than this company. Additionally, you will be hired and then fired without a valid reason. I've seen it happy to many of my non-sale colleagues and it was appalling.

There isn't as much investment in the US office as there is in the UK office. The marketing department was wiped out and all of their jobs were outsourced to the UK employees who got more raises and a change to their title. With a lack of a professional and qualified HR, there were several boundaries that were crossed. Micromanagement was at its peak and I stopped seeing the direction of the company.

"Fun journey so far"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

SaleCycle have a lots of ambition and a pretty solid team which makes me confident that the future is pretty bright.

Cons

Not a con for me but going from a tiny company to multi-national means things can and do change quickly, I actually like that as it offers opportunities to dedicated people.

Advice to Management

Communication has gotten much better but a little more dialogue around our longer term 'direction' to the global teams would be cool.

"Creative company"

I worked at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

-Creative
    -Great culture
    -401K Match up to 5%
    -great management staff

Cons

-Below market salary compensation
    -unknown future
    -start-up environment so little support

"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with, 25 vacation days + holidays, 401 + matching, standard health/benefits, generous maternity/paternity leave.

Cons

Company is a sinking ship, the growth that's always been advertised is proving to be unsustainable. People are being laid off and resigning as a result of structural changes that no one really knows what for and communication surrounding changes is laughable, might be that the company is looking at new ownership. Very poor work/life balance and there's an expectation to be available to work around the clock regardless of the department you're in, which comes from profit margins slipping and pressure from senior management. Culture and work/life balance has as a result gone down and it shows.

"You will want to work here!"

Pros

Fair, honest, Fun place to work

Cons

I have none at this time.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Sterling, VA

Pros

Great place to work for anyone

Cons

none to give at the moment

Advice to Management

less micro-managing and more one on one guidance