Servcorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Alf Moufarrige

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is opportunity to grow within the company (in 5 reviews)

• A great company that values their staff and their opinions (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, low salary for location, strict dress code, untraditional job duties (in 12 reviews)

• The company could use an HR department to make their staff feel more supported (in 8 reviews)

"Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with servcorp almost a year ago having just moved to the US and with not a huge amount of administrative experience and none within a corporate environment. My background was mainly in customer service but Servcorp gave me the opportunity to step into a new industry. In this past year I have grown and learnt so much! I don't think there are many companies out there who give women specifically as much opportunity to build a successful career as Servcorp does. I have never before had a company offer me such a fair and decent starting salary as well as a good benefits package. For that I am truly grateful to Servcorp for giving me the best possible start I could have asked for in New York. Every day I am learning new skills, my direct team have been so patient with me and incredibly supportive, they are all amazing at what they do and have all been with servcorp for awhile so I have been lucky to be able to learn from the best. They constantly motivate and challenge me by regularly giving me new responsibilities to help me to grow and improve. On a day to day basis I get the chance to work with a variety of amazing clients from all different countries and industries which is extremely rare and this has allowed me to become more adaptable, taught me how to build strong business relationships, think on my feet, improvise and problem solve. I will be the first to admit it has been challenging at times and the 5 star environment means you have to hold yourself to a high standard which can be a lot of pressure at first but every job will have its own challenges and I truly believe that it is a positive thing for a company to always encourage you to be the best you can be. At servcorp it seems you reap what you sew and I find myself constantly trying to improve because I know that it will be rewarded here at Servcorp. Every day I see me colleagues around the world growing and progressing within the company and I find this keeps me motivated. So if you are looking for a challenge, and you feel that you have strong customer service skills, you like to work with different personalities and you value the tradition of putting effort into your professional appearance then you will be happy here at Servcorp. There is a worldwide network of colleagues who are at your finger tips and through Servcorp's extensive IT systems you have the ability to communicate and learn from each other every day. The IT team are always easily reached and are very helpful when you need guidance on IT issues. Top level executives are very hands on with the business and engage with the people on the ground regularly which shows they really care about the company and it's direction which is nice to see and not very common when working for a large international company. There is a very forward thinking culture at Servcorp they seem to be constantly improving their products, services and operations, it makes it an exciting place to work.

Cons

Not necessarily a con because every job will have similar challenges but the first few months there is a lot to learn between getting familiar with the products and systems as well as getting to know each clients business. You have to hit the ground running and be resilient! But again you are the one who will benefit the most from this if you adapt the right attitude.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of great training material provided by Servcorp but I would maybe suggest implementing more in person or online group training sessions for new hires with department heads for example IT as this is a huge part of Servcorp and can be slightly overwhelming in the beginning.....It would also be great if team members had access to different industry specific courses that would provide them with the skills necessary to further support our diverse range of clients...for example law, finance, accounting courses

"Executive Assistant"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing, interesting clients and good views

Cons

Advice to Management

Give your team members the support and attention they deserve!

Feb 14, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to review Servcorp. It is important to us that our team members are happy within their respective roles, so thank you for raising your concerns.

We strive to... More

3. "Do not work for this company"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Views of the location is good in general

Cons

People are arrogant, gender discrimination, suspicious racial discrimination

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect

"Receptionist"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

-Pay
    -Views
    -Benefits
    -Locations
    - Not much to say

Cons

- Micromanagement is insane... People will sneak to check your computer
    - Very aggressive and petty emails among employees
    - No room for growth unless you want to be a sales person
    - Backstabbing and gossiping about everyone is an everyday activity
    - Rude and gross attitudes
    - Managers with no people skills talking down to their employees
    - Some clients getting into legal problems, and staying as tenants
    - Overcharging clients for every little thing

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people as people.

Jan 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are sorry to hear you have not had a positive environment working with us as we are committed to creating an exceptional and rewarding... More

"Worst Company Ever"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, nice offices

Cons

No training, overworked employees, general managers do not care about employees, high turnover

Advice to Management

Get a training program

Jan 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We agree that to work at Servcorp takes a resilient personality and a “can-do” attitude. Our clients have very high standards, and we have built... More

"Google and do research on this company before considering applying."

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

I met some great people and developed wonderful relationships with many of the clients.

Cons

- There is no 'Human Resources' department. Instead, there are two people who are handling HR matters... So if you are looking to put in a complaint about a manager and/or team, good luck because your complaints might not get addressed.
    - There is a LARGE turnaround because people aren't happy with management or people are let go due to not grasping certain things (from a lack of training).
    - Most of the training is based on videos. Not many people are visual or auditory learners. Some learn through reading/writing, and kinesthetic.
    - Men cannot be hired as executive assistants or receptionists. Your resume will be trashed immediately if you apply.
    - Servcorp increased health insurance premiums and "it's not because of a lack of trying to keep them as low as possible but because [their] insurance has done what it is supposed to do by supporting our team members when needed." Since Servcorp’s health coverage costs gone up, employees' 25% has also increased.
    - Upper Management will go on their own platform to demand 'positive reviews' on Glassdoor because two former employees left negative reviews and 'have decided they hate Servcorp' and 'have painted a picture of Servcorp that isn't fair in [their] view.' Upper Management [are] 'not instructing any of you to do this... not even asking, but if you agree with [them] that the reviews are unfair [they'd] love you to go and comment on them and possibly write your own review... In [their] view they have been completely unfair, untruthful and malicious, it is damaging to everyone in Servcorp.'
    - Management has an open door policy but they will treat you coldly after you have a discussion or advise them (based on their demands) about potential interviews.
    - Management will change your clock out times to reflect your 'scheduled time' and not pay your overtime. They will disregard any verbal agreements you both agreed upon.
    - Management is so controlling about the reputation of Servcorp that they will go through your emails, violating Section 1.4.1 of the Servcorp computer, email, Internet & security policy.
    - Favoritism is evident in most team culture. Management will require you to give up a few minutes of your break to compensate for the time you were late, but they will not require the person they favor to do the same thing despite being 10 minutes late to work almost every day.
    - Before interviewing candidates, Management will google you to see what you have posted public. If you are wearing something they do not think is fashionable or 'appropriate,' they will make fun of you the day before you interview with them. Be prepared for fake smiles and interest.

Advice to Management

- Take complaints from employees seriously.
    - Have Management train their employees properly (i.e., show them how to do things step by step instead of relying on employees to know right away how things are done via videos).
    - Have Upper Management audit Center Managers.
    - Have Upper Management ask employees how they are doing and if there are any concerns regarding their team or manager.
    - Do not demand employees to advise Management about their job search/interviews. It's not a requirement.
    - Stop gender discriminating.
    - Stop bad mouthing people/employees.
    - Stop judging people based on appearances.

"Do not Accept job offers from this company."

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company

Cons

There is no HR - that should say enough about this company. They have a very high turn over. Micromanaged all day via telephone/ Virtual cameras.

Advice to Management

0 advice for management!

Sep 5, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback.

We appreciate former team members providing their opinions and experiences of Servcorp. We are sorry to hear your experience working at Servcorp did... More

"Work hard = Great Opportunity."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities are endless, Great team, International company with the potential to meet great people all over the world.

Cons

Work life balance is challenging in the first 4-6 month's but once you get a handle on your position its rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I really enjoyed my time with Servcorp Chicago.

9. "Excellent opportunities for growth!"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time

Pros

There are endless opportunities for growth.

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time.

10. "Servcorp Employment"

Current Employee - Center Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Center Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great way to understand the commercial real estate business, build and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and expanding sales techniques. There is plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. The upper management have continued to support me since my first day, investing two weeks of hands on training at two Servcorp locations out of state as well as training for my team at both locations.

Cons

No location in Scotland for me to visit :)

Advice to Management

N/A