Servcorp Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2020

3.5
Servcorp CEO Alf Moufarrige (no image)
Alf Moufarrige
Pros
Cons
  • "Strict dress code (I was always checked on my appearance(in 15 reviews)

• "Fast paced environment, and keeps you on your toes(in 13 reviews)

1. "team work and good community"

5.0
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Servcorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

team, good community, management,clients, services

Cons

salary,benefits, commission, differences between positions

June 17, 2020Talent Development Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

2. "Strong development ceiling, high turnover"

Former Employee - Virtual Office Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Servcorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to build out resume and expand on industry experiences. Reaching administrative and/or sales KPIs reap large commission payouts. Significant salary increased. Decent amount holiday days and PTO/vacation time.

Cons

Poor high level management. Young professionals at all levels of local management. Underdeveloped training program. Nonexistent organizational culture.

"Williams Tower Location - Do not apply here! Unless you love to gossip and be stressed over management."

I worked at Servcorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Great pay 2. Very nice location 3. Benefits

Cons

1. HIGH TURNOVER RATE! I’ve worked by myself in front reception so many times for a few months. Coverage is horrible! 2.Irrelevant morning meetings/huddles everyday, your literally repeating your daily tasks to both managers over and over again. 3.Too much gossip for a 3-4 person staff , lack of training, not a team player workplace. 4.During the stay at home work order both managers were lazy to help with mail, I was the only one going into the office to sort mail and redirect clients mails, their excuse was “we don’t know how to do mail” lol! (How do you consider yourself management if you can’t even be a team player) 5.Management does not care on how a client speaks to you, manager will make you think that she cares but in the end she does not resolve the issue, nor addresses it to the client(s). 6.Manager has taken pictures on my personal mobile twice, she loves to touch your personal belongings when you are away from your desk, but when something is said to her about it she does not apologize but instead is petty about it. 7. Petty long emails from management but nothing would be said directly or in-person. Management will laugh and chuckle at every serious discussion and will bring you down. Management will flaunt in your face about how she’s been working there for 4 years and started as a receptionist. (But she still asks for help for every little thing) 8. Enjoyed my job when the initial manager hired me but after 3 managers everything went downhill, sadly!

June 21, 2020Talent Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we are sorry to hear your experience was overall not a positive one. We wish you all the best with your future career and if you would like to share any additional feedback please contact us at people@servcorp.com

4. "Executive Assistant"

4.0
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Servcorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed enviornment. Not stressful. Pay is great. There is lots of flexibility with getting things done for yourself during work hours. Small team so easy to move things around and have somebody cover with you if needed.

Cons

Clients can sometimes be a pain.

March 10, 2020Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your year, so far with Servcorp. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you again for your positive feedback and we hope this continues into the future.

"Executive Assistant"

I worked at Servcorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gained experience to carry to other and more appreciative companies. That’s just about all the pros I can think of. Oh yea the pay was decent.

Cons

ALL THE BAD COMMENTS MENTIONED ON GLASSDOOR ARE TRUE. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WORK HERE!!This company is “CERTAINLY ”HORRIBLE lmao!!!! East coast location. I was thrown into a position that you needed to be trained for thoroughly. Unfortunately I was stuck doing the managers job b/c she didn’t know how to do it herself and she was no use in training me. I was directed to about 3-4 other people for trainings. This can be confusing for anyone accepting such a huge role. I was belittled, verbally abused by colleges, told I lacked common sense and that I was slow. I was treated horribly by management and other managers not within the actual location site I worked out of. Clients were so rude you’d have to cry in a corner at times due to the disbelief a Company would allow their staff to be treated so unfairly to uphold a bs “5 STAR” service for an over priced and rip off of an environment. Management was slow instead of training me thoroughly and learning how to do things you can’t do yourself you’d rather reprimand me for your short comings. I felt like an absolute scapegoat for personal short comings of other employees. I felt like a servant that’s why this companies name is called “SERVCORP” You signed over to Serve people that don’t give a damn about anything including you. You will be lied to spoken about and thrown under the bus for things you have no control over. Its pretty sad tbh. I have read reviews on Glassdoor about this company before I even started and EVERYTHING IS TRUE PEOPLE!!! EVERYTHING! From poor treatment , gossip, horrible training techniques , feeling unappreciated, verbal abuse. Do not invest in this company if you don’t want to be treated like any form of an animal. They use scare tactics on new employees and make you feel like you’ll get fired for breathing to hard. God forbid if you forget the letter “I” in the word email. “THATS IT FOR YOU” . Ooo a smudge on the glass. You’d be considered a horrible employee b/c you missed an “I” in a word and didn’t notice a smudge on a glass. Within all the 50 million responsibilities you have to do. THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. Nasty employees. CEO is worried his markets aren’t selling that great. WELP! Maybe you should pay attention to the turnover rates of your staff. And closely watch how your company manages , trains and treats their staff. You will know why everyone quits so soon. Why clients are stopping at your front desk and mentioning how high the turnover rate is here. How does that look to the clients you want to create a “5” star unbelievable hotel clientele experience for. It looks bad on YOU! not anyone else just your company you’ve worked so hard to build. I hope someone shows you this and you personally read it. B/c your company is going alllll the way down. In its sales in its market in everything. You’re going to have no staff soon b/c your managers are morons. We work is your competitor after all and I’ve heard they treat their staff so much better. I wish the great employees that are still there nothing but the best. But, please move on and utilize your talents else where. This company doesn’t care about you at all. And if management would like to respond to my comment and tell me this isn’t how it goes here. Save it. I will blast you for your lies.

September 17, 2019Manager

I am currently travelling but I was appalled to read reviews on Glassdoor relating to Servcorp. Servcorp was always built on the mantra that we will provide services but our team members will never become servants. A ban on tattoos, short skirts and stockings were done away with in the Servcorp manual years ago as were the requirement to wear stockings and high heels. Smart casual which includes jeans and t-shirts are now the norm for Servcorp across the globe. We want a talented and well paid team to help us grow Servcorp and if those reports are true and if we do not solve the problem with training we will fail. Teams need to be disciplined, motivated, well paid and be part of a growing and generous corporation that supports its team members and the community in general. A copy of this correspondence will be forwarded to every Servcorp team member and on the first week of October I will address all General Managers and Managers on what Servcorp expects from its teams. We always were, and will be again, a happy, outgoing and fun team in a fun place to work. Regards, A G Moufarrige AO CEO Servcorp

"Not a fulfilling or rewarding job"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Servcorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and lovely offices. Free tea and coffee. You will get useful skills that can be applicable to other industries.

Cons

I understand jobs should be taken seriously and professionally, but this is an absolutely boring job to work at. There is nothing fulfilling or rewarding at his place. Super strict about the tiniest things and some of the clients are not always that fun to work with. You should always look forward to going into work, but nothing about this job you will really want. It is not fast paced, not dynamic, you basically feel like a servant to clients. It's just not a good job. For those who have grown and enjoyed it, I applaud you. But this company absolutely does not care about their employees, offers no real incentive to work, and the environment is just completely lack luster. I hope those who have done wonderfully there, move on because their skills are wasted.

August 7, 2019Manager

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with Servcorp. We are pleased that you enjoyed our offices and the skills you acquired at Servcorp. We are, however, saddened to hear that your experience was not positive. It is disappointing that you felt you were a ‘servant to clients’ and as though Servcorp ‘does not care for their employees’. This is not something we agree with. The foundations of our company are built on strong team culture with growth, training and educational incentives. Our training processes are constantly updated and it is with no surprise that we have seen a high level of success from our team members. With a passion for people and an optimistic outlook, anyone can succeed within Servcorp. Your advice to management will be taken into consideration as the opinions of our team members help establish both the culture of our company and our overall development. We wish you all the best in your future career endeavours.

7. "Great Benefits, 5 star environment, High Standards"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Servcorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked my way from a receptionist to an executive assistant, into a manager role under 3 years. As long as you are motivated, and have a desire to continue to learn and take on more responsibility, you will be granted with it. The company likes to hire within the company when a higher position becomes available as long as your work performance reflects you being able to handle the promotion. Quarterly performance bonus structure for receptionist and executive assistants. Manager performance in sales annual bonuses. Also, all team member receives incentives whether its money or time off for hitting personal or team goals/targets. All Servcorp locations are located in a central business district/city within a prime building, typically high rise buildings, with the best view of that area/city. Employees are hired with expectations of 5-star customer service, they dress for success! Majority of all locations are a 3-5 person team, mainly all females unless you've landed a lucky location! Hourly & salary pay based on experience with exceptions of the city you live in. Raises are not hard to earn, if you can prove yourself. Benefits are great, currently partnered with Trin Net allowing you to chose your exact insurance provider.

Cons

With any company, You may cross the point to where you have to bite your tongue, and just smile when a client does not get their way or acts rudely. Not necessarily a "Servcorp Con".

December 11, 2019Manager

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience with Servcorp and have taken your advice to management on board.

"Do not work here. Very toxic environment, sketchy stuff goes on here."

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Servcorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay but you’ll soon find out the pay isn’t worth it at all. Not much more I can say is good about this company.

Cons

First off there’s so much gossip and pettiness here, it’s extremely toxic. I walked in on the manager and team member gossiping about me one day. I got bullied every day I went in. I got sent pretty emails multiple times a day. I got micromanaged by a girl who is not a manager because the manager is not leader enough to step up and do her job. There was an extremely sketchy thing that also happened while I was there. They direct deposited petty cash, which is money for the center to my bank. My boyfriend immediately said to get it stopped, so I sent an email Friday asking them to not direct deposit to my account anymore and walked into work Monday saying I was going to be let go because the girls at the center didn’t like me or think I was a good fit. Lol! I mean you did me a favor!! There’s also no HR department to talk to about problems. Just stay far away from this company. I turned down a great opportunity for this one because I thought the pay was better. Don’t make a mistake I did. The pay is not worth it at all.

November 1, 2018Manager

We appreciate you taking the effort to provide your feedback. We acknowledge your comments within this review and your email received on the 1st of November. Servcorp is committed to providing a fulfilling work environment for all team members, so we are disappointed to hear that this has been your experience. As you would know, Servcorp is a global company with over 160 locations. Each region and country has a Head Office and within this team there is a General Manager, Vice President, Training and Support, including HR functions where any team member can elevate a concern. Each individual Servcorp location is made up of a Manager with a small team at each location, and as such, we do not have a HR manager at each site. We were particularly concerned about your claims regarding bullying. Servcorp has a zero-tolerance to bullying policy and this is something we take very seriously. This is not a normal experience at a Servcorp location and we can only hope it is an isolated experience at your location and for that, we apologize. Bullying is a serious allegation for any company and our senior U.S. management team will investigate this further. We are sorry to hear your time working with us did not reflect the rewarding culture we strive to create for our team. If you have any further information, you are welcome to email us at people@servcorp.com. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

"Decent In-Between Job, but with Several Cons"

2.0

I worked at Servcorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

see below for my pros

Cons

see below for my cons

September 13, 2018Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience working as part of the Servcorp team. We are committed to creating a fulfilling work environment for all our team members, so your advice to management will be taken on board. As you mentioned, Servcorp is not for everyone. Our company prides itself on providing a five-star customer-service environment for all our clients and is built upon putting our clients first. We recognise that working in a five-star, client-focused environment like this is not easy. It takes a very particular, service oriented person who is willing to do what it takes to deliver upon the high standards of our clients and Servcorp’s value proposition. At the very least, it sounds like it has helped navigate you closer towards a future career that suits you. We appreciate your comments on salary and support. Servcorp prides itself on offering a competitive remuneration package and first-rate training programs. We also thank you for the wishing Servcorp success in the future. Thank you once again for your review and taking the time to share it. It is unfortunate Servcorp didn’t work out for you, but we wish you all the best in the future.

"Marketing Executive"

2.0

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Good environment, nice colleagues

Cons

Micromanagement, no opp for growth

June 21, 2018Manager

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience with Servcorp. We are sorry to hear you did not feel that we supported you in a way whereby you felt you could progress further with us. We want our team members to feel confident and feel their personal growth, as employee happiness is deeply valued in our company. We strongly urge our team members to speak with various departments, and other managers if they feel they cannot speak with their manager directly. On a positive note, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your team members. Thanks again for the feedback, and we wish you all the best in your future career endeavours.

Found 232 reviews