Servcorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 8, 2019

3.9
Alf Moufarrige

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people and excellent working environment" (in 12 reviews)

• "Servcorp is a very fast paced environment and you must be an all rounder to succeed" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Strict dress code (I was always checked on my appearance" (in 13 reviews)

• "The company could use an HR department to make their staff feel more supported" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great Benefits, 5 star environment, High Standards"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked my way from a receptionist to an executive assistant, into a manager role under 3 years. As long as you are motivated, and have a desire to continue to learn and take on more responsibility, you will be granted with it. The company likes to hire within the company when a higher position becomes available as long as your work performance reflects you being able to handle the promotion. Quarterly performance bonus structure for receptionist and executive assistants. Manager performance in sales annual bonuses. Also, all team member receives incentives whether its money or time off for hitting personal or team goals/targets. All Servcorp locations are located in a central business district/city within a prime building, typically high rise buildings, with the best view of that area/city. Employees are hired with expectations of 5-star customer service, they dress for success! Majority of all locations are a 3-5 person team, mainly all females unless you've landed a lucky location! Hourly & salary pay based on experience with exceptions of the city you live in. Raises are not hard to earn, if you can prove yourself. Benefits are great, currently partnered with Trin Net allowing you to chose your exact insurance provider.

Cons

With any company, You may cross the point to where you have to bite your tongue, and just smile when a client does not get their way or acts rudely. Not necessarily a "Servcorp Con".

Advice to Management

Ensure each new hire completes training binder/classroom in a timely manner and has an online evaluation at his/her 90 days. Not just through Location Manager, but by upper management. HR to assist in the new team member hiring process.

"Do not work here. Very toxic environment, sketchy stuff goes on here."

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Servcorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay but you’ll soon find out the pay isn’t worth it at all. Not much more I can say is good about this company.

Cons

First off there’s so much gossip and pettiness here, it’s extremely toxic. I walked in on the manager and team member gossiping about me one day. I got bullied every day I went in. I got sent pretty emails multiple times a day. I got micromanaged by a girl who is not a manager because the manager is not leader enough to step up and do her job. There was an extremely sketchy thing that also happened while I was there. They direct deposited petty cash, which is money for the center to my bank. My boyfriend immediately said to get it stopped, so I sent an email Friday asking them to not direct deposit to my account anymore and walked into work Monday saying I was going to be let go because the girls at the center didn’t like me or think I was a good fit. Lol! I mean you did me a favor!! There’s also no HR department to talk to about problems. Just stay far away from this company. I turned down a great opportunity for this one because I thought the pay was better. Don’t make a mistake I did. The pay is not worth it at all.

Advice to Management

Be professional. You want a 5 star company but don’t make your employees treat the other employees like it’s 5 star. Get an HR team especially on the floors. Make sure the managers can be leaders and tell the employees what they are doing wrong instead of getting their friends to do it. Also make sure you hire girls who are educated. The girls I worked with couldn’t spell, had no degree and honestly asked me how to do everything. Probably because I have a degree and know how to do everything but be petty and rude. Also cut out the sketchy crap you guys do.

Nov 1, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the effort to provide your feedback. We acknowledge your comments within this review and your email received on the 1st of November.

Servcorp is committed to providing a... More

3. "Decent In-Between Job, but with Several Cons"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

see below for my pros

Cons

see below for my cons

Advice to Management

I wouldn't normally post a review, but I do think that Servcorp has the potential to improve if they take their former employees' opinions to heart. I do want to see this company succeed. I'd also like to remain as unbiased and fair as possible in this review.

As an EA there are a lot of pros and cons as I'm sure there are with any job. For me, however, the cons often outweighed the pros.

First, I learned pretty early on that I do not necessarily have the right personality for Servcorp. Oftentimes you have to swallow your pride when clients talk down to you, say inappropriate things or are just plain disrespectful as it's not really encouraged to put them in their place. You are expected, rather, to be fun and bubbly and make small talk even when you've had really negative experiences with certain clients. This was very difficult for me. I'm not really a "brush it under the rug" type of person. In a society so hyper-focused on women's rights in the workplace, Servcorp really disappointed me in this sense.

I also definitely didn't enjoy certain aspects of being an EA. This might be a "me" thing, but it's almost impossible for clients to take you seriously as a smart, educated, and equal person when they see you constantly cleaning up after them and serving them on a silver platter (literally). This was NOT in the job description posted on Indeed per my application. Please be more transparent with the duties of an EA.

I was also a little surprised at Servcorp's emphasis on the quantity of clients rather than the quality. They are way too focused on sales. Too many unqualified clients slip through the cracks, which hurts the integrity of Servcorp. While here, I really cared about our reputation in our city, and I think a few bad seeds definitely hurt us in the long run. Servcorp is unsuccessful at understanding each city's market. Prices for the full time offices are triple the amount of the competitors in my city. How do you expect this to work? Revise the business model and tailor it to each location/city. The space is stunning, but the price is not realistic in our market, which is a very blue-collar city.

This was my first job out of college so maybe I had unrealistic expectations as I do not have anything to compare Servcorp to, but there is no recognition from upper management. You will rarely speak with anyone other than your center team or maybe coworkers at other Servcorp locations. My center particularly did daily tasks for corporate that went unnoticed, even though it might have taken up the majority of my day. You won't be compensated for these extra responsibilities.

It should be absolutely REQUIRED for each center to have AT LEAST three people, no matter how small the center. Coming from a two person team, I have so many issues with this policy (is it even a policy? I don't know). Please stop being cheap and look out for the well-being of your employees. I would intentionally not drink water on busy days or days I was by myself because I was worried that there wouldn't be enough opportune times to use the restroom. I know of other centers who have this complaint as well. Hire a third person! Because Servcorp "never misses a call," which we don't, someone must man the phones at all times and be up front. You literally have to schedule bathroom times and ask to get up from your seat for every little thing whether this is getting a glass of water or having to use the koncia. It doesn't sound too bad typing it out, but I promise you it was miserable and unbelievably frustrating. Around Christmas and other holidays you will have to pick and choose who gets to use their time off. It's not fun and it is unfair. When one person is off, the other person has to run the whole center alone for the day.

I knew even before I started that Servcorp was not going to be my forever since I was taking a year off between undergrad and continuing my education. I wouldn't consider it a career, but it's a decent "in-between job." I think the pay is fair for what you're doing. It's a very easy and straightforward job. I'm a little confused by the reviews complaining about stress, lack of training, and no support. If you easily pick things up, you will be fine. Honestly, even if you don't easily pick things up, I still think you will be OK. People are willing to help. I recommend this job to recent grads who are just trying to figure out and navigate post-grad life. I definitely made connections with our few quality clients, which might be useful beyond Servcorp.

All in all, I can see how this could be a really great opportunity for someone, it just wasn't the right fit for me. Again, I think Servcorp has the potential to be successful and this takes time. We've only been in the U.S. for about seven years. Maybe certain parts of my review were harsh, but hopefully it was constructive.

Sep 13, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience working as part of the Servcorp team. We are committed to creating a fulfilling work environment for all our team... More

4. "Marketing Executive"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Good environment, nice colleagues

Cons

Micromanagement, no opp for growth

Jun 21, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience with Servcorp.

We are sorry to hear you did not feel that we supported you in a way whereby you felt you could... More

5. "Executive assistant"

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Fun work environment

Cons

Sometimes managers are micromanaging

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your time working with Servcorp.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your role as an Executive Assistant and enjoyed Servcorp’s company... More

6. "Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Servcorp has some of the most beautiful offices around the world. I have personally had the opportunity to visit offices in Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Miami, Chicago, Houston, & Washington D.C, in addition to my own city. This is not a traveling position, but over time you can have the opportunity to visit new places.

Servcorp pays well, offers good benefits, and has an excellent holiday/vacation schedule. We often promote within, so there is room for advancement.

The dress code has been changed in the past year, which has been a bit of a relief since the former dress code was rather strict. I don't know why other recent reviews would indicate that we are required to wear heels, blazers, and hosiery because that is no longer the case, effective nearly a year ago.

Our company is made of mostly women. In a world where women's rights and equality are a constant issue, I don't know how this could be perceived as a bad thing. Even 60% of our workforce in Saudi Arabia are women. That is not sexism, it is empowerment.

New management came to the US market over a year ago, and made a lot of positive changes. I think Servcorp US is heading in the right direction.

Cons

Servcorp can be very challenging. As the markets become saturated with other office providers, we are still trying to find our niche in the US.

There is little flexibility in hours.

Advice to Management

Continue evolving. While the offices are gorgeous and the services are great, client needs are changing.

Give experienced managers a bit more freedom to decide what will work best in their centers/markets.

Take a better look at Center Managers with high turnover rates. Many of these negative reviews seem to be based on a bad experience with a manager, not with Servcorp as a company (i.e., sneaking to check a team member's emails).

Training. I think team training is fine. There is a detailed training guide, as well as a manager to support you in your journey. However, Center Manager's tend to need much more training at the very beginning and would do well to have a dedicated trainer. Center Managers should not even start to dabble into center affairs without a couple of weeks of training to start.

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are happy that you have had the experience to visit so many of our great locations.

We admit our dress code used to be quite strict (to reflect the... More

7. "This is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! I have held multiple positions within the company. I started as an Executive Assistant, then was a Virtual Office Manager and am now a Center Manager. They have given me the tools I need to succeed. Training is hands on and you have support from upper management. You are trusted to make decisions as well learn how to run your own business. I have learned more here in the year then I ever thought possible. You are never bored and have the opportunity to learn about so many different industries. No other company can provide that exposer. The training program for sales and management is great, if you show that you are willing to work hard and eager to learn upper management will help you reach your goals. You are challenged in a positive way every day. The team, fast pace environment, travel and clients are what make me like my job!

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard as well as show a lot of initiative. The biggest mistake you can make is not utilizing all the resources given to you. If you are in need of help all you have to do is ask.

Apr 4, 2018 – HR Training and Performance Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback! You are right about the endless opportunities for growth and success here at Servcorp. We're so happy that you have made the most of these opportunities and have... More

8. "Virtual office manager"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

luxury office, good salary and lunches

Cons

treatment of employees, awful management and training

Apr 3, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with Servcorp. We are disappointed to hear that is was not a positive one.

We would like to investigate your... More

"Executive Assistant"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing, interesting clients and good views

Cons

Long hours, low salary for location, strict dress code, untraditional job duties

Advice to Management

Give your team members the support and attention they deserve!

Feb 14, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to review Servcorp. It is important to us that our team members are happy within their respective roles, so thank you for raising your concerns.

We strive to... More

"Receptionist"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

-Pay
    -Views
    -Benefits
    -Locations
    - Not much to say

Cons

- Micromanagement is insane... People will sneak to check your computer
    - Very aggressive and petty emails among employees
    - No room for growth unless you want to be a sales person
    - Backstabbing and gossiping about everyone is an everyday activity
    - Rude and gross attitudes
    - Managers with no people skills talking down to their employees
    - Some clients getting into legal problems, and staying as tenants
    - Overcharging clients for every little thing

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people as people.

Jan 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are sorry to hear you have not had a positive environment working with us as we are committed to creating an exceptional and rewarding... More