Servcorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Alf Moufarrige

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's fast-paced and will teach you the fundamentals of work ethics to be able to succeed in any work environment" (in 11 reviews)

• "This is a great company to work for" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Strict dress code (I was always checked on my appearance" (in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management have own agenda, never available, no support and unrealistic expectations" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Executive assistant"

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Fun work environment

Cons

Sometimes managers are micromanaging

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your time working with Servcorp.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your role as an Executive Assistant and enjoyed Servcorp’s company... More

2. "Decent In-Between Job, but with Several Cons"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

see below for my pros

Cons

see below for my cons

Advice to Management

I wouldn't normally post a review, but I do think that Servcorp has the potential to improve if they take their former employees' opinions to heart. I do want to see this company succeed. I'd also like to remain as unbiased and fair as possible in this review.

As an EA there are a lot of pros and cons as I'm sure there are with any job. For me, however, the cons often outweighed the pros.

First, I learned pretty early on that I do not necessarily have the right personality for Servcorp. Oftentimes you have to swallow your pride when clients talk down to you, say inappropriate things or are just plain disrespectful as it's not really encouraged to put them in their place. You are expected, rather, to be fun and bubbly and make small talk even when you've had really negative experiences with certain clients. This was very difficult for me. I'm not really a "brush it under the rug" type of person. In a society so hyper-focused on women's rights in the workplace, Servcorp really disappointed me in this sense.

I also definitely didn't enjoy certain aspects of being an EA. This might be a "me" thing, but it's almost impossible for clients to take you seriously as a smart, educated, and equal person when they see you constantly cleaning up after them and serving them on a silver platter (literally). This was NOT in the job description posted on Indeed per my application. Please be more transparent with the duties of an EA.

I was also a little surprised at Servcorp's emphasis on the quantity of clients rather than the quality. They are way too focused on sales. Too many unqualified clients slip through the cracks, which hurts the integrity of Servcorp. While here, I really cared about our reputation in our city, and I think a few bad seeds definitely hurt us in the long run. Servcorp is unsuccessful at understanding each city's market. Prices for the full time offices are triple the amount of the competitors in my city. How do you expect this to work? Revise the business model and tailor it to each location/city. The space is stunning, but the price is not realistic in our market, which is a very blue-collar city.

This was my first job out of college so maybe I had unrealistic expectations as I do not have anything to compare Servcorp to, but there is no recognition from upper management. You will rarely speak with anyone other than your center team or maybe coworkers at other Servcorp locations. My center particularly did daily tasks for corporate that went unnoticed, even though it might have taken up the majority of my day. You won't be compensated for these extra responsibilities.

It should be absolutely REQUIRED for each center to have AT LEAST three people, no matter how small the center. Coming from a two person team, I have so many issues with this policy (is it even a policy? I don't know). Please stop being cheap and look out for the well-being of your employees. I would intentionally not drink water on busy days or days I was by myself because I was worried that there wouldn't be enough opportune times to use the restroom. I know of other centers who have this complaint as well. Hire a third person! Because Servcorp "never misses a call," which we don't, someone must man the phones at all times and be up front. You literally have to schedule bathroom times and ask to get up from your seat for every little thing whether this is getting a glass of water or having to use the koncia. It doesn't sound too bad typing it out, but I promise you it was miserable and unbelievably frustrating. Around Christmas and other holidays you will have to pick and choose who gets to use their time off. It's not fun and it is unfair. When one person is off, the other person has to run the whole center alone for the day.

I knew even before I started that Servcorp was not going to be my forever since I was taking a year off between undergrad and continuing my education. I wouldn't consider it a career, but it's a decent "in-between job." I think the pay is fair for what you're doing. It's a very easy and straightforward job. I'm a little confused by the reviews complaining about stress, lack of training, and no support. If you easily pick things up, you will be fine. Honestly, even if you don't easily pick things up, I still think you will be OK. People are willing to help. I recommend this job to recent grads who are just trying to figure out and navigate post-grad life. I definitely made connections with our few quality clients, which might be useful beyond Servcorp.

All in all, I can see how this could be a really great opportunity for someone, it just wasn't the right fit for me. Again, I think Servcorp has the potential to be successful and this takes time. We've only been in the U.S. for about seven years. Maybe certain parts of my review were harsh, but hopefully it was constructive.

Sep 13, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience working as part of the Servcorp team. We are committed to creating a fulfilling work environment for all our team... More

3. "Marketing Executive"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Good environment, nice colleagues

Cons

Micromanagement, no opp for growth

Jun 21, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience with Servcorp.

We are sorry to hear you did not feel that we supported you in a way whereby you felt you could... More

4. "This is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! I have held multiple positions within the company. I started as an Executive Assistant, then was a Virtual Office Manager and am now a Center Manager. They have given me the tools I need to succeed. Training is hands on and you have support from upper management. You are trusted to make decisions as well learn how to run your own business. I have learned more here in the year then I ever thought possible. You are never bored and have the opportunity to learn about so many different industries. No other company can provide that exposer. The training program for sales and management is great, if you show that you are willing to work hard and eager to learn upper management will help you reach your goals. You are challenged in a positive way every day. The team, fast pace environment, travel and clients are what make me like my job!

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard as well as show a lot of initiative. The biggest mistake you can make is not utilizing all the resources given to you. If you are in need of help all you have to do is ask.

Apr 4, 2018 – HR Training and Performance Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback! You are right about the endless opportunities for growth and success here at Servcorp. We're so happy that you have made the most of these opportunities and have... More

5. "Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Servcorp has some of the most beautiful offices around the world. I have personally had the opportunity to visit offices in Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Miami, Chicago, Houston, & Washington D.C, in addition to my own city. This is not a traveling position, but over time you can have the opportunity to visit new places.

Servcorp pays well, offers good benefits, and has an excellent holiday/vacation schedule. We often promote within, so there is room for advancement.

The dress code has been changed in the past year, which has been a bit of a relief since the former dress code was rather strict. I don't know why other recent reviews would indicate that we are required to wear heels, blazers, and hosiery because that is no longer the case, effective nearly a year ago.

Our company is made of mostly women. In a world where women's rights and equality are a constant issue, I don't know how this could be perceived as a bad thing. Even 60% of our workforce in Saudi Arabia are women. That is not sexism, it is empowerment.

New management came to the US market over a year ago, and made a lot of positive changes. I think Servcorp US is heading in the right direction.

Cons

Servcorp can be very challenging. As the markets become saturated with other office providers, we are still trying to find our niche in the US.

There is little flexibility in hours.

Advice to Management

Continue evolving. While the offices are gorgeous and the services are great, client needs are changing.

Give experienced managers a bit more freedom to decide what will work best in their centers/markets.

Take a better look at Center Managers with high turnover rates. Many of these negative reviews seem to be based on a bad experience with a manager, not with Servcorp as a company (i.e., sneaking to check a team member's emails).

Training. I think team training is fine. There is a detailed training guide, as well as a manager to support you in your journey. However, Center Manager's tend to need much more training at the very beginning and would do well to have a dedicated trainer. Center Managers should not even start to dabble into center affairs without a couple of weeks of training to start.

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are happy that you have had the experience to visit so many of our great locations.

We admit our dress code used to be quite strict (to reflect the... More

6. "Virtual office manager"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

luxury office, good salary and lunches

Cons

treatment of employees, awful management and training

Apr 3, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with Servcorp. We are disappointed to hear that is was not a positive one.

We would like to investigate your... More

"Executive Assistant"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing, interesting clients and good views

Cons

Long hours, low salary for location, strict dress code, untraditional job duties

Advice to Management

Give your team members the support and attention they deserve!

Feb 14, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to review Servcorp. It is important to us that our team members are happy within their respective roles, so thank you for raising your concerns.

We strive to... More

"Receptionist"

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

-Pay
    -Views
    -Benefits
    -Locations
    - Not much to say

Cons

- Micromanagement is insane... People will sneak to check your computer
    - Very aggressive and petty emails among employees
    - No room for growth unless you want to be a sales person
    - Backstabbing and gossiping about everyone is an everyday activity
    - Rude and gross attitudes
    - Managers with no people skills talking down to their employees
    - Some clients getting into legal problems, and staying as tenants
    - Overcharging clients for every little thing

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people as people.

Jan 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are sorry to hear you have not had a positive environment working with us as we are committed to creating an exceptional and rewarding... More

"Worst Company Ever"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, nice offices

Cons

No training, overworked employees, general managers do not care about employees, high turnover

Advice to Management

Get a training program

Jan 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We agree that to work at Servcorp takes a resilient personality and a “can-do” attitude. Our clients have very high standards, and we have built... More

"Google and do research on this company before considering applying."

I worked at Servcorp full-time

Pros

I met some great people and developed wonderful relationships with many of the clients.

Cons

- There is no 'Human Resources' department. Instead, there are two people who are handling HR matters... So if you are looking to put in a complaint about a manager and/or team, good luck because your complaints might not get addressed.
    - There is a LARGE turnaround because people aren't happy with management or people are let go due to not grasping certain things (from a lack of training).
    - Most of the training is based on videos. Not many people are visual or auditory learners. Some learn through reading/writing, and kinesthetic.
    - Men cannot be hired as executive assistants or receptionists. Your resume will be trashed immediately if you apply.
    - Servcorp increased health insurance premiums and "it's not because of a lack of trying to keep them as low as possible but because [their] insurance has done what it is supposed to do by supporting our team members when needed." Since Servcorp’s health coverage costs gone up, employees' 25% has also increased.
    - Upper Management will go on their own platform to demand 'positive reviews' on Glassdoor because two former employees left negative reviews and 'have decided they hate Servcorp' and 'have painted a picture of Servcorp that isn't fair in [their] view.' Upper Management [are] 'not instructing any of you to do this... not even asking, but if you agree with [them] that the reviews are unfair [they'd] love you to go and comment on them and possibly write your own review... In [their] view they have been completely unfair, untruthful and malicious, it is damaging to everyone in Servcorp.'
    - Management has an open door policy but they will treat you coldly after you have a discussion or advise them (based on their demands) about potential interviews.
    - Management will change your clock out times to reflect your 'scheduled time' and not pay your overtime. They will disregard any verbal agreements you both agreed upon.
    - Management is so controlling about the reputation of Servcorp that they will go through your emails, violating Section 1.4.1 of the Servcorp computer, email, Internet & security policy.
    - Favoritism is evident in most team culture. Management will require you to give up a few minutes of your break to compensate for the time you were late, but they will not require the person they favor to do the same thing despite being 10 minutes late to work almost every day.
    - Before interviewing candidates, Management will google you to see what you have posted public. If you are wearing something they do not think is fashionable or 'appropriate,' they will make fun of you the day before you interview with them. Be prepared for fake smiles and interest.

Advice to Management

- Take complaints from employees seriously.
    - Have Management train their employees properly (i.e., show them how to do things step by step instead of relying on employees to know right away how things are done via videos).
    - Have Upper Management audit Center Managers.
    - Have Upper Management ask employees how they are doing and if there are any concerns regarding their team or manager.
    - Do not demand employees to advise Management about their job search/interviews. It's not a requirement.
    - Stop gender discriminating.
    - Stop bad mouthing people/employees.
    - Stop judging people based on appearances.