Sethi Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Content Writer"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sethi Financial Group (More than a year)

Pros

I do many projects working with Sethi Petroleum ( a subsidiary of Sethi Financial Group), and I must say, the largest pro in working for this company is having the ability to wear many hats. It is a smaller company, so you get the opportunity to take on responsibiities and experience growth in areas that you may not otherwise have been able to.

Another pro would be management. The CEO, Sameer P. Sethi has an open door policy, which takes away a lot of in-office stress. If I ever have an issue with a project or meeting a deadline, I always feel as if I can talk to him about it directly. Michael Davis, the CFO, is extremely approachable as well and you can tell they really care about thei employees.

The senior associates are fantastic to work with. I have been at similar compnaies where the ckient-facing departments seem to be rigid and cold. Here, senior associates l ike Edward Watson and Carl McGhee are a constant source of positive energy throughout the office.

Cons

Honestly, the only con I can come up with is during times where there are large projects, the hours can become long and cumbersome. However Sameer P. Sethi (CEO) and the resto f the executive management team are very good about making your hard work feel appreciiated. They are always willing to take employees out to lunch, celebrate birthdays in-office, and just keep employees motivated during these times.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to Sethi Petroleum / Sethi Financial Group management is to continue with the open door policy! It makes your employees feel appreciated and makes them want to continue to do great work for the company.

2. "Run like a small business"

Pros

Amazing work environment. Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere, and plenty of autonomy to work at your own pace. The managers won't mind if you take a few minutes off to grab some coffee, go on Facebook, or any other random thing, as long as you do what you have to do and submit it on time.

Cons

Run like a small business, with all the inefficiencies you can expect. Owner is too focused on doing what he wants to manage the business, so you have to hound him if you have any agenda. Management is also stingy. Pay is VERY, VERY low and does not reflect the value you can bring in as a valued employee. They hold their money with a tight fist, and are reluctant to spend money on literally any expense.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to shell out the money when you're sure it will benefit your company in the end and show you care for your talented employees. Focus on making your business run better, without your help, before you can go ahead and do what you want.

3. "I love this job as well as the people I work with."

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sethi Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, helpful management whom are a great support team, great office. Upper management is loyal to individuals they employ and I love coming to work every day. Ask my soon to be wife; she has to make me shut about my work days all the time when Im home.

Cons

There are absolutely NO down sides to working here if you can work at a high enough level to live in the financial world and be successful with in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. If you have the company continue to challenge itself and except nothing less than excellence we will be public very soon; benefiting everyone affiliated with us.

4. "just a so so company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

flexible time
    good location
    evironment
    nothing elase

Cons

low pay

5. "benefit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

I have been working at Sethi Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has got a good understanding of what employees need, the company offer better working environment which helps the staff.

Cons

nothing really but the advise is to look at salary

Advice to Management

Employ more