Signpost Reviews

Updated May 21, 2020

3.7
Signpost  Founder Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall
Pros
  • "Here at Signpost they ensure that everyone that works here can be successful(in 102 reviews)

• "Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Signpost really isn't that bad if you van get over the fact that your going to have put in some work(in 49 reviews)

• "Pay could be better - Wish the base salary was higher, but the commissions were always pretty strong(in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture & Experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You definitely learn so much when working here and it's a great way to perfect your sales skills. They love to promote from within, you're selling something that actually works and you can't beat the work/life balance. They truly care about seeing you succeed, have great leadership, and great people. The free snacks, pto and contests are awesome too!

Cons

like with any startup, you can expect bumpy transitions to new processes aimed to improve the business overall.

May 14, 2020HR

Hi, Thanks for sharing our feedback! We are truly glad that you love all of the great perks Signpost has to offer. Work-life balance is truly important to us and we take suggestions for improving that balance seriously. Signpost will always care about the success of our employees, as those employees fight for local businesses (which is what we are all about)! We work every day to improve the business and thank you for your feedback!

2. "Good Spot to interview."

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Signpost full-time

Pros

it was easy, insightful, and motivational interview process.

Cons

There could have been a little more transparency in terms of the offer and terms off my hiring.

Signpost 2020-05-21

"fun coworkers will make you stay, low base pay will make you turn to other opportunities..."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about Signpost is the people--your coworkers are young and like to have fun. I made a lot of genuine friends on the sales floor. The training was superb, led by Adam Kincaid, who is no longer with the company, unfortunately. This was my first and probably last sales job, but I do feel I learned a lot of useful skills in a short period of time. There is high transparency; CEO and other execs will visit office and answer questions, and there is generally proactive top-down communication about the company's strengths, weaknesses and goals.

Cons

Cold calling every day can be mind-numbing, even if you are making money off of it. The base pay is quite low, so if you have a couple bad selling months in a row it will not feel worth sticking around. 7:30 am start time is a bit harsh (although 4pm EOD is nice). There is crazy high turnover even at the managerial level, which makes things feel unstable. Best practices seem to change frequently, so you kind of have to figure things out for yourself once you're out of training. The product is not as amazing as you will have to make it seem in order to close deals. Customer success/service is questionable, so sometimes it's unclear whether you are helping the business owners to whom you sell, or merely exploiting them for commission.

Signpost 2020-05-02

May 14, 2020HR

Hi, Thank you for providing a review of Signpost! We are glad that you valued your time training with us and we aim to be transparent when communicating with all Signpost employees. With regard to our training program and accompanying compensation, we have restructured our Sales Organization to include more competitive total compensation packages and are happy to provide additional benefits above and beyond what is expected. As we are in a "startup environment", changes happen quickly over a short period of time - this means that we as a company are learning and adapting. Again, we appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

"Typical Grindhouse"

1.0

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Happy hours and the staff is friendly

Cons

You’re set up for failure. They expect you to sell $17,000+ to graduate from training but the majority of sales reps struggle to hit their $4,000 hurdle to qualify for commission. Covid hit and management “understands how tough it is to sell to small businesses right now” but training class was let go because metrics weren’t met and they brought in a new crop of people because they are a standard sales grindhouse

Signpost 2020-05-12
  5. "good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

the learning aspect was great

Cons

the hard work aspect was too much

Signpost 2020-03-31

"Horrible, steep, visible decline since before Covid-19"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

They finally have some integrations.

Cons

- The pay is low. No attainable commission. - Management is immature from the top down. - It is a popularity contest - Seems like they are giving up. Apparently the CEO quit after firing half of us. - These 5 star reviews are fake.

Signpost 2020-04-15
  7. "Signpost office culture is the best!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Here at Signpost they ensure that everyone that works here can be successful. I never worked with a company where from the CEO down they treat you like family. This is the only place where you will be able to sharping your sales skills and take it to the next level. Signpost loves to promote from within providing a wealth of opportunity.

Cons

There's not to many downsides many people might complain about the cold calling and things of that nature. Signpost really isn't that bad if you van get over the fact that your going to have put in some work.

Signpost 2020-03-03
  8. "Talk about culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fun office energy -Awesome co-workers -Very supportive management -Room for growth -Super chill vibe

Cons

-I mean its cold calling

9. "Come here to grow"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great and the culture definitely makes it easy to show up every morning. Great place to learn sales skills from the ground floor and to continue to develop. Great mix of startup mentality/energy while being established enough to have secure set processes.

Cons

I think cold calling in general is not for everyone but as long as you are fine with that aspect, there are no real cons.

May 14, 2020HR

Hi, Thank you for your feedback! We strive to have great company culture and we are glad to hear that your enjoy it too! Our energy as an organization stems from the passion of our employees, so thanks for that!

"Overall a great place to start"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for people looking to kick off their sales career with no experience Great environment due to the reps and low level management Great sales training program

Cons

Pay is not competitive A lot of cuts have been made to the culture with new management hard to see it as a place to stay long term

Signpost 2020-03-07

May 14, 2020HR

Hi, Thank you for reviewing us, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We have had a recent Sales re-organization which changed total compensation for representatives. The goal is to make total OTE more competitive by offering additional benefits to support your growth here at Signpost. With regard to culture, we work hard to hold events in each office as often as we are able. Company culture is an aspect of Signpost that we work on every day! We are open to suggestions, so please feel free to get in touch with HR. Thanks for your feedback!

Found 347 reviews