Signpost Reviews | Glassdoor

Signpost Founder and CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Base salary is completely ridiculous for NYC and the quota goals are unrealistic (in 18 reviews)

• Compensation for an entry level rep can be a little low but it is an initial job for a recent college graduate (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An incredible vehicle for success."

Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• High-Volume Cold Call Sales – While most wouldn't list this as a Pro, it is the specific reason Signpost helps employees new to sales, not only grasp it, but to excel in it. The volume gives loads of experience in a very short period of time. It's also an excellent challenge.

• World-Class Training – If you are hired at Signpost in the first place, and don't make it through the training program (A 2-Month Ramp with every resource available,) it's because you didn't work hard enough.

• There isn't room for everyone, and Signpost is a meritocracy. – This is a Pro for me, because I believe in surrounding yourself with the best of the best. Signpost is a lean machine, and doesn't have room for slack. They're forgiving, but if you can't hit your numbers, you're out!

Cons

• You're working in a Start-up! – Adaptability is a must. There is constant change, and some people are left behind when they can't adapt.

• Mediocre Communication – This can always improve. While all companies have to keep their cards close to their chest, oftentimes it feels as if you don't know what's actually going on behind the scenes, as most information from the VPs is only delivered in a monthly All Company Meeting.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus more & more on the well being of your employees! People who stay at Signpost, stay for the people. Happy employees are passionate employees!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good people, training is top notch and the culture is great. The product works well and solves problems for small businesses.

Cons

Startups and sales aren't for everyone but if you're the right fit, this place is great.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Great team, better product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy selling a product I believe in, this was not the case at past companies. 3 of my family members signed up and the results are strong. The training and support from mgmt is second to none, I am very impressed with the investment in the team. Great CEO and vision.

Cons

Its a startup so they cant always compete with big company perks like 401k match

"Sales Representative"

I have been working at Signpost full-time

Pros

Signpost is an awesome place to work! Not only does everyone have your back in a usually very cut-throat, competitive environment, but colleagues go above and beyond to ensure you are successful. The work/life balance is also amazing. I honestly enjoy coming in to work day in and day out to not only crush the phones, but also spend time with the many friends I have made. There are several company wide bonding events that really bring everyone closer. And if you enjoy some ping-pong and some Friday afternoon keg action, you are in the right place!!

Cons

I spend too much time by the popcorn machine

5. "Great for creating your sales base with in-depth training and managerial support"

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You'll receive the best sales training out there with great support from the manager teams. It is hard work, and a grind but you will develop skills that only a seasoned salesperson can achieve.
    - Fun happy hour events, quarterly outings as an office, monthly outings as a team, snacks and a keg, an overall fun and engaging community. Worked at the Denver office for almost two years, some of the best people I know were from Signpost.
    - Adequate ramp up process for new hires
    - close to downtown
    - Very chill and laid back environment: no micromanaging, no dress code or requirements, play whatever music you want, themed dress days, understanding managers, flexible time off schedule.
    -Health benefits at Signpost are above average compared to other tech start ups

*** The managers at Signpost truly are the reason I stayed as long as I did, Sales is a grind and the closing positions at SP can be incredibly daunting, disappointing, and exhausting. But the support and friendship I got from my managers pushed me to work hard, reach my potential, and improve my overall sales skills.

Cons

- Ramping up from sales development to closer there was no training process for that, resulted in two months of giving demos with an incredibly low close rate. Not so much as a power point for transitioning roles. That was a year ago, now they may have changed that but it greatly affected my pay check.
    - The product itself can only go so far, and same goes with the job opportunities there. Once when you get promoted 2-3 times (which is really just a pay raise) there isn't much opportunity for growth in the company unless you become a manager.
    - The Signpost product is becoming less relevant, its an exciting tool for a company that needs it, and really does help our customers, but I have trouble seeing the value of keeping it after 2 years.
    - The daily dials are a grind, staying in the cold calling position for me was only worth it until I learned everything I could, then it was time for something new. The day to day gets repetative
    - The pay base is pretty low, to get a higher pay base you need to consistently hit quota for 3-4 months, if you have two back to back slow months, you are stuck in your pay base for now 6+ months because you then start from square one

Advice to Management

- Hire more account managers, I talked to many SP clients that didn't feel they were getting the assistance or customer support they needed, the team you have is great so invest in building it.
    -Find a way to make the product more relevant, partnership I feel should be a major priority
    - Change the promotion structure to look at the rep's performance over the course of the quarter and not month to month. Too many reps have amazing months back to back and its discouraging when you don't qualify for a pay raise you clearly deserve just because you had a few (normal) hiccups in your sales career.
    -Buy new microwaves - you pay a lot for a keg, a majority of the office would gladly give up a keg or two to have better appliances.

6. "Don't do it, mean managers"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beer and snacks
    Office is nice

Cons

Management is like god, and we are worker bees. Managers are leaning over you and yelling profanities all day.You are forced to sell to businesses that will not benefit. Only a small percent of people are doing well, but they inflate success rates. Training is minimal & the pay is a joke.

Employees who have been there for a long time are waiting for the company to sell. That is not going to happen anytime soon, but they like to bring it up at every opportunity.

It is a social club with zero diversity. If you're in with the
    cool kids you are respected. If not, good luck

Advice to Management

You need HR
    Treat people with respect
    Pay people better

7. "Fun atmosphere"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Startup culture, good fit for recent grads and sales minded people.

Cons

lots of cold calling. not required but sometimes need to work late hours to meet quota.

"Be Careful"

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very close knit group, but mostly because misery loves company

Cons

Salary, work hours (feels like a boot camp), numbers driven, no HR, Executives who don't care about their employees (mostly), no ethics or morals, if you are part of the good ole boys club you can get away with anything, or if you are a high performer you can get away with anything, huge divide between sales and tech, high churn (even amongst executives), no professional development, sell product to small business who they know aren't a good fit, but do it anyway to make money (not looking out for small business even though that's what their motto is), no room for growth, lure you in with promises, but never execute on them

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees

9. "Sales Rep"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Can make a lot of money. Decent base salary

Cons

No much room to grow.

10. "Amazing Product & Leadership Opportunities Everywhere"

Former Employee - Franchise Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Franchise Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-- Product is rock solid. There are competitors who are scrambling to catch up to what Signpost as achieved in 8-9 years.
    -- CEO, SVP and leadership all around also solid! They will train, coach and execute to ensure their reps and managers succeed.
    -- Culture is brilliant! Loads of happy hours, team socials etc.
    -- Great training
    -- Franchise channel is taking off in a big way!

Cons

This isn't really a CON per say... I would just say increase communications between departments. This will ensure the product is pitched with accuracy and customers' expectations are set accordingly... But 99% rock solid!

Advice to Management

Keep the the amazing work. I will watch from afar and root for you guys all day everyday. Continue to promote from within and hire new talent from outside to have a steady flow of reps turning into leaders!