Signpost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Signpost

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, next day received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The next week I had an in person interview with a manager. They give you a script to practice before the interview. The manager asks a few questions then he has you practice the script with him. Afterwards they bring you on the floor and have you call a few people using the script they give you. 2 days later I was brought in for an interview with the director. That interview was 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      Why Signpost?
      What makes you want to get into sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straightforward, although the recruiter giving me the interview did not seem engaged. Surprising that that is her job yet she didn't really display much enthusiasm and it was obvious her answers were rehearsed. She also asked me upfront what I wanted my salary to be, which I didn't think was appropriate. I thought I answered the questions well and she said she would get back to me within 24 hours. It has been two weeks now and I have not received any sort of response, which is ridiculous considering they reached out to me first. This extremely unprofessional, especially with everything going on right now due to COVID-19. Don't be surprised if you end up wasting your time on an interview and don't hear back from them.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

3 half hour videos with people high up in the sales team in the New York office. Began with a 30 minute phone screening then progressed to the stage I previously mentioned, mainly focusing on why I want to get into sales and my personality/background.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about you and your motivation going into your new career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. I wish there was more information the recruiters gave about the whole interview process such as the attire and names of the people interviewing me. The recruiter was very helpful and answered my questions promptly. Dress attire was business professional (some tech companies encourage business casual). The interview was a more on the casual side as apposed to structured. They’re ultimately looking for people with positive, gritty attitudes who have good personality.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you worked with a team towards a goal and accomplished it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview consisted of three parts. First is a phone interview (most of the questions have already been posted on glassdoor), next is an hour coding screen sharing interview catered to your level of expertise, and the last and final round is a seven hour onsite. All interviews are technical, barely had any behavioral questions. Didn't get an offer but overall had a really great experience, people at the company are very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the internet and the web?
      What is a race condition?
      How do you resolve a race condition?
      What is a stack overflow? When do you come across it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening. Then an in person interview at the Denver office a week later. Definitely make sure you know information about the role and what Signpost does. I had 3 separate interviews in one day about one positions. Met with two sales managers and the director of sales. A lot of questions about your resume and past experiences. They really focus on what you say during your interview and then tailor questions around former answers that you've given. If you are able to think on your feet it really isn't that hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

I honestly don't know if the interview process was terrible or if this just wasn't a good fit, but I hated it.

First, I had a phone screen with the head of sales in Denver. He seemed really professional and told me the salary range I was expecting was perfectly on target with what they offer (I later found out this was a complete lie). He scheduled my onsite interview in Austin later that day and I was excited to come in.

This is when things started to get annoying and weird. I got one confirmation email that asked me to reply to it - attached to the email was a 3 page PDF document "detailing" what I should expect at the onsite interview. There was almost a full page outlining the mock pitch/coldcall portion of the interview, and there was so much information in this "guide" I got very nervous and prepared quite a bit. Between receiving that email and responding to confirm it and the date of the interview I received TWO MORE emails asking me to confirm that I would be attending the interview. Sketchy.

Once I got to the office, it looked dirty and poorly kept but I had been told up until this point, both directly and through the expectations set in the "guide" emailed to me, that I should dress my best. I was clearly overdressed for this interview, and immediately uncomfortable. All the confirmation emails I got said I needed to arrive at least 5-10min early which I did, however, I was made to wait until 10min after the scheduled interview time before we got started, meaning I waited 20min for no reason.

When I finally sat down with the interviewer, he talked about himself for a good 10min before asking me anything about myself. When it got to the mock pitch section, the instructions I was given made no sense and didn't even reference the "guide" I was told to study. As I gave it my best shot, the interviewer interrupted me multiple times to give me advice that didn't make any sense. After talking with him, another person took me over to a desk and basically watched me make cold calls for about 15min. At the end of this visit, I was invited back for a final interview and the manager scheduling it with me made a comment about me being overdressed. Rude.

When I came back in, I was only made to wait 5min to get started. This time, the manager who had set this meeting was interviewing me. I timed it and he talked about himself - including really personal details about his marriage and personal life - for 20minutes before asking me anything about myself. Instead of a true conversation, he asked me question after question without really transitioning between them or engaging with me. When it came time for me to ask him questions, each one of his answers was longer than 3min.

He made me a verbal offer at the end of the interview, but when I told him I needed time to think on it he was really rude and put a lot of pressure on me to say yes right away. I don't think that's professional, and especially since the salary he was offering was not at all what I was told at the beginning, it all seemed like they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes to get me to accept.

Overall a really uncomfortable process.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

I was reached out by Carolina, a member of the Recruiting Team. She always extremely helpful with quick responses via email. We had set up a time for a quick phone screening and it was an absolute pleasure. A 30 minute phone screening consisted of talking about the company in depth and clear day-to-day responsibilities for Sales Rep position. A few situational questions followed until I was offered an in-person interview and meet a couple of the sales managers with the opportunity to hop directly on the phone for a sales pitch. Extremely hands on with training provided and great company culture. Only negative is a low base salary.

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

Was reached out for a first round interview after a couple of weeks of applying. First round went well I thought and recruiter told me at the end “I will reach out to provide a status update soon, I do not like to leave candidates without knowing their status”. Ironically it’s been 3 weeks and haven’t heard anything. At this point I’ve accepted I’m not moving forward but don’t leave candidates hanging. It’s untasteful and hurts your brand.

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and two in person interviews with management. Be prepared to do a mock sales pitch and to jump on the phones. Final interview is with director of sales.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

A thorough, hands-on, 3-step hiring process that is detailed, direct, and entertaining. Meeting people who believe in the ethics of the company and product, with engaging personalities and immediate feedback will immediately gravitate you towards this job.