Signpost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone call from a recruiter in Colorado. Then conducted an interview in their NYC offices. Was very smooth and professional. One of the nicest offices and people you'd meet. After the interview got a follow up to conduct a 5-10 minute mock pitch over the phone. After the pitch which wasn't too difficult (but do prepare), got a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? What excites you about making 50-70 calls a day? Can you talk to C-level executives?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the sales manager and trainer. It was about an hour long conversation where we went though my resume, my experience and what made me successful in my roles.

Interview Questions

Signpost Response

Feb 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take the interview process very seriously, and this was not up to our standard. We will address going forward and work to ensure situations like this don't happen ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was late to the call, sent me an email that she was late with no expected time of calling. The phone rang one time and I had a voicemail. I called back three times, left two voicemail and two emails. I never heard back from her. Really disappointed with the lack of professionalism.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

The interviewer was very honest and straight forward about what the role entailed. They definitely wanted to make sure the candidate is prepared to cold call for 8 hours a day.

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1 - Phone Interview, where they are relentless on your salary history.
    Step 2 - Onsite Interview
    Conclusion - Did not wish to work here based upon low pay and churn and burn culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was immediately requested to complete a personality assessment.

A week or so later, (the week leading up to Christmas) I received a call from recruiter. Rather than schedule a phone interview, he did the interview right then and there. That wasn't the best approach, in my opinion. It was a pretty basic interview--work experience, why I'm looking for a new job, etc. He then explained the position, which he said involved a LOT of cold calling. He made the commission package sound nice, but the base salary was just incredibly low (I think $25,000).

The recruiter asked me when I'd be available to start. When I told him I wouldn't be able to start until mid-January, he told me that he was trying to meet recruiting numbers and that he wouldn't bring me in for an interview until a later date because he needed to focus on finding people for a beginning of January start date. That also should have been a red flag--they seemed to be hiring to hit numbers, not to find talent. We agreed to touch base later to set up an in-person interview.

THEN, a week later (the day after Christmas, mind you) I got another call, just like I'd gotten before. 'Hey, this is ____ from SignPost, I'd like to talk to you about the application you submitted.' He was going to do yet another unscheduled in-person interview. But, he also didn't realize he'd already interviewed me. I was the one who had to tell him, and that we'd agreed to schedule an in-person interview for mid-January. He didn't really seem to even recall when I told him this, but accepted it.

A week or so later, I got another call asking if I wanted to set up the in-person interview. I told him I wasn't interested in the position anymore.

Clearly, this place is trying to recruit masses of people, and my guess is because they have such a high turnover rate. After reading the reviews here on Glassdoor from current employees, it all makes so much more sense.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Signpost in November 2016.

Interview

Completed an online "personality" assessment after submitting my resume and cover letter. Ultimately scheduled a phone interview. Recruiter was very friendly and transparent about the position and future growth opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Told me to tell them about myself, history, other places I'm looking to interview with, and why I'm looking at Signpost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX).

Interview

In the phone interview, the recruiter was impressed with my previous sales experience. He asked very simple questions and referred to me as "Bro." We're not related. He set up a time to come into the office for an interview which went down similarly to the phone interview... Very laid back, he kept trying to 'Bro down' with me - constantly referencing the keg available and frequent happy hours. He seemed overly impressed with my interview and began assuring me that I was going to get the job - probably told me I basically already had the job 5+ times total.
    I was then set up for the final interview with two senior salespeople. The recruiter told me that I would have the job as he walked me over to the office where I'd be meeting them. They didn't smile the whole time. They didn't ask interview questions, they just said talk about your resume. They pull off a bad cop/bad cop pretty well.... Interesting recruiting method. They seemed like they wanted to be doing anything other than being present in the "interview."
    The worst part of the interview process was that I was assigned a role play where I would have to sell the managers on the product, something I spent hours into, and they didn't even have me perform the role play. Very unprofessional and misleading.

Interview Questions

• Signpost doesn't know how to hire quality salespeople, thus their ridiculously high turnover rate.   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I appreciate your feedback. I am upset to hear that you had a negative experience. At Signpost we try to give candidates a relaxed and comfortable experience, while also keeping it professional and I ... More

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The day we were originally supposed to talk the HR person contacts me 10-minutes BEFORE interview is to take place and tells me she needs to reschedule due to an "emergency" meet internally. Already starting off the wrong foot showing this person is not very well organized.

So we reschedule for the next day. Then on the scheduled time we were supposed to talk she's late assuming we all have nothing else better to do BUT wait. To make matters even worse she had me on a speaker phone where there was loud background noise from her end including desktop notifications off her PC. EXTREMELY unprofessional and amateur hour.

Why HR continues to screen candidates and have people who are absolutely clueless how real world works is beyond me. Someone I know is up in arms with his HR department because they stall the process for power play reasons and cannot hire people he desperately needs.

Enough is enough already!

Interview Questions

• The mundane variety why you want to work here. Yet another pitfall here.   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry that you had a frustrating experience. As a company we strive to do everything in a timely and orderly manner. However, sometimes things do happen that ... More

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There is an phone interview which was pretty standard. This was a simple phone screen. Following this I went in for an in person interview. This process took about 3 hours. The first two gentlemen were nice and cordial but I sensed some resistance from the third but all in all it was great. After the in person interview there is another phone interview where you are to sell the product. I recommend preparing for this one, it can be difficult at first especially if you didn't practice.

Interview Questions

Signpost Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Your response will really help future candidates in preparing for the final phone interview. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience!