Signpost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Signpost Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

Asked me the difference between the internet and the web, shuffling an array, stack overflows, and the big Oh time for an insertion into a hashmap. Overall it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Giving a formal definiton on the difference between the internet and the web...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

The first phone interview last about 40 minutes. 3 technical questions and 2 algorithm questions were asked. Tech questions: what's racing condition, what's the difference between web and internet, what's the big o to insert an element into a hashmap. Algorithm questions: how to detect circles in a linked list, how to shuffle an array. All answers are out there online or in books.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A guy from Signpost gave me a call. We coordinated an interview schedule. Also, the guy illustrated about SignPost. About 1 week later, they called me for a technical interview. It was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between web and internet
      - How to find a loop in linked-list
      - Shuffle an array   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phonecall from the HR guy to set up a phone interview with an engineer about a week later. HR guy was very enthusiastic and detailed. Phone interview with the engineer was ~30 minutes. Friendly guy. Questions were more of a discussion than a "quiz" type. He had simple questions like "describe stack overflow" but most of the time was spent talking about algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is a stack overflow? What is a race condition? Describe an algorithm for shuffling cards. Describe how to detect a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week of applying I received an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. The technical interview included some knowledge based questions as well as questions on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between internet and web   Answer Question
    • How to determine if a linkedlist has a loop and if so, how to find the beginning of the cycle   Answer Question
    • Describe an algorithm for shuffling an array   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

I emailed HR through an online job posting. I did a 15min phone screening, then a 30min technical screening with an engineer. They asked me some basic logic question and concepts about the web and black box vs. white box testing. I then came onsite which consisted of a 30min introduction, lunch, and then 5 individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between whitebox vs. blackbox testing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Signpost (Delray Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a company recruiter getting to know more about me and for me to learn more about the position. I had to take some short online assessment. I was told within a day or maybe 2 they recruiter would call me back either way. A few days later I made a follow up call. Again no response. I called again this morning 9 days later and got a voice mail. I did not leave a message. Interesting though a few minutes later I received an email they were not moving forward. I was probably overqualified for the position based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone by the senior recruiter based in NY. The interview went well, and we even got into the compensation package at the end, and I was not being picky at all. ( What kind of recruiter gets into compensation when they aren't going to hire the candidate?) The HR department at SignPost is so unprofessional! The recruiter lied to me about receiving an email over the weekend with a PI survey. I ended up receiving it when the following week was almost over. I was still nice to the recruiter ( I am a reasonable guy), and she told me "we would be in contact with the next steps". This recruiter wasted my time, and she misled me! Terrible HR! Need to be honest with candidates, and be mindful of their time too! I hope this info helps other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience selling to franchise businesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had 1 phone call 15 minutes with recruiter. Asked to come in for face to face meeting with a top executive. I was asked to do a mock cold call / webcast presentation for the executive. Good feedback.

National Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Signpost in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview designed to gauge my sales experience and my career goals. After a few questions and a brief explanation of the team, we mutually determined that the position didn't fit my desired role. They agreed to keep my resume on file for future openings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job and your day-to-day responsibilities.   Answer Question