KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SimplyWell Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2021

Found 99 of over 110 reviews

3.5
SimplyWell President and CEO Mike Lamb (no image)
Mike Lamb
Pros
  • "The gym and cafe onsite was a huge plus(in 10 reviews)

• "Provides excellent work life balance and challenging work(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fast paced environment - not a fit for some team members(in 5 reviews)

• "Account managers aren't provided with enough training to do their jobs nor any ability to make any changes(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hard to Leave! (Relocating due to spouse's job)

Aug 16, 2018 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and atmosphere. Provides excellent work life balance and challenging work. Company has cutting edge products for its industry and uses latest technology.

Cons

Sometimes looking for the next big thing when they already have a great product.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee

good

Feb 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

team leadership and wellness benefits

Cons

budget money issues toward technology

3. 4.0

Good company

Jul 21, 2020 - Accountant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

On site gym, ping pong table

Cons

Loss of certain benefits; growth opportunity was limited

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Before Simplywell (Viverae Review)

Jun 14, 2019 - Fulfillment Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comraderie among employee peers and fun company events for employees. Always treated like family.

Cons

Other than high turnover of great employees, no cons here.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work!

Jul 19, 2018 - Client Relationship Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Viverae for going on 3 years now. In that time I have seen some serious change and growth in the company as a whole. Honestly, for our team there was a time when things were really tough due to a few different factors. But seriously, I haven't worked for a company that hasn't gone through rough times at one point or another. What truly defines this company is it's ability to learn from these times, shift what needs shifting and most of all, listen to it's employees. As someone who has seen this happen first hand, I have to say, I am seriously impressed. Not only with the amount of positive change but with how quickly I have seen this happen for myself and my team. This place is an open environment where your thoughts and ideas matter and where you can impact change. Your opinions are welcome and if you want to shift or step into a new role, you are free and encouraged to do so by Leadership. All of this is on top of: - Onsite cafe - Free onsite gym - Free onsite exercise and meditation classes - Recreation room (with ping pong and foosball) - Relaxed dress code (seriously I wear athletic clothes everyday) - Viverae Olympics once a year! In all seriousness, this is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone who would like a healthy work life balance and is willing to commit to a company that will commit to you.

Cons

There could be more visibility of the upper management team.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Individual Contributions Matter

Aug 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for a place where you can grow, where your work matters, and where you can have real influence, this is a great place for you. Unlike some of the reviews I've read here, I can say from personal experience management does have a vision and knows exactly where it wants to take the company. Many companies give lip service to having an open door policy, but it's real here. If people would plug in and take personal responsibility for getting the information they seek, they will certainly find it. Work/Life balance is a real plus, and the flexibility makes it easy to do your job. While there has been a ton of change over the past 18 months (and some of those changes were extremely difficult), the turnaround is real. This company is in a great place - financially and culturally. The people are the real plus. I can honestly say I truly enjoy the folks I get to work with every day. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too. Can't find that everywhere, that's for sure.

Cons

Let's face it - there is a lot of change happening, and people generally hate change. While these changes are for the best, and are making us a better company, it's not for everyone. Having no 401(k) match right now is the biggest negative.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growth, casual, talented creative

Mar 20, 2015 -  in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely top-of-the-field people sprinkled throughout the company who drive the way things work and get done. Positive attitudes from every department, lots of teamwork Finally figured out brand and vision Work/life balance and culture of health Casual dress code

Cons

Kind of a pro that it's so fast paced, but it usually results in cart before the horse thinking, which leads to a lot of rework or final products that could do more for users The bad side to the younger, go-getter staff is that some are super green. Sometimes some contributions aren't the greatest or can hold things up/slow things down because of inexperience

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hear much better now

Feb 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Gym, Cafe discount

Cons

Management is not management. They need to learn how to treat their employees.

9. 3.0

Good Company But Recently Acquired

Jan 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, team environment and lots of learning opps.

Cons

Processes were all over the place, a lot of growing panes. Company was acquired.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture with open communication!

Jun 13, 2014 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

What I like most about Viverae is the dedication to health and wellbeing. We are provided with a gym and are encouraged to use it any time of day. We also have instructor led yoga and spin classes. This helps keep me motivated! In addition, we also have vCorps and vSocial committees. The vCorps committee is responsible for community involvement, while the vSocial committee coordinates our ping pong tournaments, Viverae Olympics, and other fun events. Did I mention we have a casual dress code? We are able to wear athletic clothing any day of the week! Viverae also has monthly town hall meetings led by Michael, our CEO. He encourages questions the week before the meeting and answers them during. I like how open his communication style is and feel employees are really able to voice their opinions.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at the moment. If you like to love where you work, then consider Viverae as an option.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews