SkyePoint Decisions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Bo Kimbrough

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Company and Team"

Former Employee - Technical in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Technical in Meridian, ID

I worked at SkyePoint Decisions (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Company and Team to work for and with. They expect excellence, why anything less.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

2. "If you are looking for an engineering position with stability, look no further."

I worked at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a position in IT, then this is a great place to apply, be interviewed quickly and see an offer in your hands shortly after (if a successful interview). Timely turnaround. Good place for engineering career growth and shift work (if that is what you are seeking).

Cons

Nothing to be stated here, however there is a 5 word required minimum.

Advice to Management

None that needs to be stated outwardly in public. Corporate knows what is working well and what is not working / should be improved.

"IT"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at SkyePoint Decisions (Less than a year)

Pros

Project managers are personable and easy to communicate with. Nice company socials a few times a year.

Cons

Pay is on the low end. Since the company is small if you get dropped from a contract for any reason you'll be out without a day's notice. If the client is difficult, management won't warn you. You'll be dropped in a snake pit and won't find out until you start working and interacting with your fed bosses which will take a few months. Skye Point management has no power with the client and you'll be at the clients mercy while you look for another job, by then it will be a race between you getting dumped by their client or finding a job on your own.

4. "Perfect Fit / Excellent Team / Best Job Move I've Ever Made"

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From Day 1, I've felt welcomed and valuable to the team. The onboarding process was smooth, clear, and easy. The management staff is kind, competent, and friendly. I can see why this company continues to grow and be successful. The actual job matched the posted job description 100% and the company did a solid job setting expectations during the interview process.

As far as the interview process, the recruiter contacted me within a day of submitting my application and the interview process was quick and thorough. Now that I know the recruiting staff quite well, I can understand how it became a well-oiled machine. Quite a talented staff.

This is the best job move I've ever made ... couldn't be happier. Besides the work, the company reaches out often and holds company-wide events (both philanthropic and fun outings).

Cons

I would like to see more interaction between the on-site client teams. I know it's very common in the contracting world to not reach out past your team. But with such high talent on board, we could have a little more cross-team interaction.

5. "Made a bad hire for the money, then I paid for it."

Former Employee - F5 SME in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - F5 SME in Washington, DC

Pros

I won a door prize at the Christmas party.

Cons

Pursued me as an expert in my field. On boarded me in lightening time. Bait and switch on the job as the realities had nothing to do with description. After trying to address the issues the company owner's advice was to try and make it work. It was a no win situation because the customer did not want what i had to offer. Fired me after 58 days,

Advice to Management

Next time you fire someone on the street in front of the building you could show up instead you send your President to do the dirty work. See you around town Bo.

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter, Talent Acquisition in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter, Talent Acquisition in Dulles, VA

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a fantastic place to work.

Cons

You create the experience that you have in any company or workplace by how you represent your self through your interactions, how you apply yourself, and through your own code of conduct, integrity, and being a team member.

"Exciting growing company!"

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SkyePoint has a great collegial environment. Everyone contributes to the success of the company. The company has strong relationships with their employees and really works hard to take care of them. There is a very strong focus to let the on-site employees know they are appreciated.
    The passion of the team is contagious and inspiring. At a time when many government contractors are struggling, SkyePoint continues to grow. It is an exciting place to be and is a great fit for my passion to succeed!

Cons

none that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

"Talented and Caring Group of People"

Pros

I have been working at SkyePoint for more than 3 years. As a small company, you have direct management access all the way up to the CEO. Having worked for large and medium sized companies in the past, there was little direct communication with upper management. At SkyePoint, management makes me feel like a valued contributor and the team is very supportive. Recently, the company has been involved in more charitable events. The importance the company places on "giving back” shows we work with a caring group of people.

Cons

Most of the staff are located in different locations so it's difficult to see each other often. But the company holds a couple of annual events each year that help bring all the employees and their families together. Everyone who attends has a fun time.

Advice to Management

None at this time

"Solid Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SkyePoint provides an environment where delivery excellence is not just encouraged but insisted upon. It is easy to get complacent when working for a government agency but SkyePoint makes sure you are always delivering value to the customer and that ultimately works out to your benefit as well - pushing you to grow and innovate. One great positive I saw last year was when a co-worker had to move on due to budget constraints, SkyePoint worked hard and found that person another job with a different company. Definitely went the extra mile to help they're employee succeed. You don't see that much in the world of government contracting! CEO is engaged and available if needed. Strong ethics.

Cons

There is limited ability to move positions rapidly due to the general nature of government contracting in general. Management should work to expand these opportunities in as timely a manner as much as possible.

"It's what you make of it!"

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time

Pros

This is a smaller, nimble, and accessible company. The organization is very flat which makes it simple to talk to nearly anyone when an issue or an opportunity comes up. The management team is present and is always quick to respond. Additionally, the team seems to be staying to specific set of capabilities, which to me, is good! I am finding that the company does in fact care for the employees and that turnover continues to be very low across the contracts that I can see. Training is available, and free, for technical, administrative, and personal matters.

The program managers are present on the accounts on a regular basis, which is NOT the norm in my experience! This has proven helpful for both personal and professional reasons.

As for the benefits, they are in line with what I have experienced in this industry. In fact, they are in line with much larger organizations. No complaints here.

I have been here for a while now. I like what I do. The company is nimble and responds quickly. Benefits and compensation are good and comparable. Communication is easy. The company if fair.

Cons

Movement between accounts can be difficult. For example, if I wanted to move to work on different technology, the account base can be limiting. However, this is true with most SI's that I have worked with, large and small. So what I have done, is to find opportunities within the account base that I reside. It works. It's really what you make of it.

Advice to Management

None at this time.