SoBran Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Amos L. Otis, MBA, MMAS

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Western Area Sobran experience"

Current Employee - Laboratory Animal Technician II in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Animal Technician II in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at SoBran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and always willing to work with your schedule

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to voice you opinion about coworkers and actually see a change happen

2. "Great opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Facility Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Facility Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at SoBran full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training opportunities. Prefer to hire from within.

Cons

Some of the contracts pay rates are below most competitors which makes it difficult to recruit and retain talent

"Animal Care Technician"

Current Employee - Animal Care Technician/Cage Wash Technician
    Current Employee - Animal Care Technician/Cage Wash Technician

I have been working at SoBran full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable. Supervisor is the best and listening to concerns and always offers a helping hard. Don't micromanage. Advancement opportunities if you're willing to relocate.

Cons

Way too much work for one tech. Required to do Cage wash work on top of animal care duties therefore you're left overworked and beat by the end of the day. The work is not distributed evenly with other workers. They'll give you so many responsibilities and tasks but won't give you a fair raise for it. Like seriously? Doing Vet tech work plus Cage wash work but still getting paid less than national average really blows. Supervisors don't micromanage which is awesome but they don't really keep an eye on their workers so if someone is slacking or hiding they won't ever notice. They also don't keep track of workers daily schedule duties so will ask you why something isn't done or give you more tasks. Managers show up way after employees shift and take 3 hour lunches totaling up to a 5 hour work day for them. Must be nice. If you decide to become pregnant or have small children this job is not for you. They only care about keeping the client happy.

Advice to Management

Please make sure supervisors are keeping an eye on workers and keep track of each techs schedules. If you don't want to give a fair raise then at least be willing to hire additional employees. Or else people will keep leaving.

4. "Horrible!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at SoBran full-time

Pros

Pay, hours, weekends off, coworkers.

Cons

Vacation time, Sick days, Management, Work Load, MANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

Management will force you to choose between your own children and your job. They will use you, overwork you, take advantage of you, and then fire you without warning. They will not appreciate or value your hard work. I was fired over 20 minutes. I had to take off because my infant was very ill. Management gave me the "OK" to take the day off so that I could be with my infant in the hospital. The next day I showed up to work, halfway through my day I was called into the office and Fired because I took off to be with my infant AFTER management said it was ok to take off. When asking why human resources said it was because I lacked 20 minutes of sick time. I was one of their hardest workers. I help in other departments (they were ALWAYS short staffed)and I worked overtime whenever they needed me. My colleagues were always complaining about being overworked. Benefits are horrible too.

5. "Not great. Not terrible."

I have been working at SoBran full-time

Pros

Easy grunt work throughout the day.

Cons

only 1 day of PTO a month. If you use PTO when you don't have it available (like illness), you get a writeup.

6. "Good Company"

Pros

Decent benefits and competitive pay

Cons

Not much chance of advancement

7. "Great Company!"

Pros

Family run company, very friendly, great benefits.

Cons

Don't have anything negative to sayy.

8. "Run and run fast"

Former Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at SoBran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hours are cool but that's all.

Cons

Just boring work .. cleaning bathrooms break rooms .. if you love cleaning and sitting all day apply if not please apply elsewhere. Pto sucks management curses you out. Too many teenagers working there. Job is like highschool .. everyone knows you business no advancing

Advice to Management

We are the engine that keeps this car moving don't threaten our employment. So us more appreciation .

9. "unprofessional management"

I worked at SoBran full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to get a job without any experience or education

Cons

Uneducated supervisors are not handling there responsibilities in professional manner. Lots of power tripping.Poor management!! Poor Benefits and payed vacation time.

10. "not big on humanity"

I have been working at SoBran full-time

Pros

An efficient organization with no major surprises.

Cons

Paid time off pool is just enough to realistically cover sick time, which means you will be coming to work sick if you ever want to take a vacation day, which means your co workers will be coming to work sick which means you'll be getting sick a lot. Because it is a contract staffing company, your workplace is the client, and you are the product. You will always be treated as a product rather than a person; your time will be obsessively monitored and your needs will be largely disregarded. Benefits and occupational health services are of the bargain basement variety. Because of the company's attitude toward workers and the dismal time off policy, you will have trouble surviving for several years with the company if you have outside responsibilities such as small children. Take the job if it makes sense but plan on using it as a stepping stone and prepare to be on the job market again within a couple of years.