Sparkhound Reviews | Glassdoor

Sparkhound Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 41 reviews

3.2
Sparkhound CEO Shawn Usher (no image)
Shawn Usher
  1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Sparkhound full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back and there is no micromanaging

Cons

There aren’t many cons working here! I actually love it

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work showing your employees that you appreciate them and their efforts

Sparkhound2019-05-14
  2. "Worst company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sparkhound full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary. Good work life balance

Cons

This company is just a body shop. They don't have much sales specially in software development area. Please don't leave your stable join to come over to this company as you could be let go as your project ends. The worst part is that they may falsely accuse of being under performer as soon as your project ends with the client. They do it to justify their act of letting people go. Infact they don't have many... clients specially in Dallas area. The higher management is incompetent and dishonest in fulfilling their promises. They call themselves consulting firm but they are just body shoppers.

Advice to Management

Please hire competent and honest people. Treat your employees with respect. Don't falsely accuse your employees to be under performer in order to get rid of them.

Sparkhound2019-08-20
  3. "Headed in the right direction, once again..."

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Sparkhound full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive work environment - flexible work environment - interesting projects

Cons

Org changes are still being implemented and are positive, but can/will cause some challenges in the short run.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the view from the trenches - technical people are the most valuable asset in a technical company.

Sparkhound2019-02-04
  4. "Analyst I"

I worked at Sparkhound

Pros

It has a great company culture!

Cons

none that come to mind

Sparkhound2018-09-17
  5. "Amazing Workplace"

I worked at Sparkhound part-time

Pros

I love it. Amazing job everybody is friendly

Cons

No cons at all what so ever

Sparkhound2018-08-13

"Realignment Is Working!!!"

I have been working at Sparkhound full-time

Pros

Working with people who really care about each other and the organization. Previously there was a growing culture of doing the least to get the job done and lack of customer focus, that has been eliminated with the realignment. Management listens to feedback from the field!

Cons

The challenges of realigning the company and changing from the previous culture has been difficult on some good people.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the future. Allow the organization to adapt to the ever changing marketplace. Continue to encourage a positive and customer focused culture.

Sparkhound2018-07-17
  7. "Working part time"

I have been working at Sparkhound part-time

Pros

Great hours awesome firends and good pay

Cons

CEO is kind of rude

Advice to Management

Step it up

Sparkhound2018-04-18
  8. "Good Company"

I have been working at Sparkhound part-time

Pros

-Relaxed work environment and friendly coworkers

Cons

-Not a easy understanding for forward mobility into better positions

Sparkhound2018-02-28
  9. "Not what it used to be..."

I worked at Sparkhound full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Sparkhound were great to work with. Everyone on the technical side of things seemed to genuinely care about one another and wanted to help each other out. Benefits were decent and pay was about good for the area. Second Friday lunches were great and we had quarterly company meetings on how we were doing.

Cons

Where do I start? Management - There were some managers that cared about their group, and some who seemed to, but were really two faced. They had no problem throwing you into the fire and then held you accountable when something went wrong and wouldn't provide a senior engineer to help you out either because they couldn't bill it, or the seniors were too busy. I was part of one of the layoffs in 2017 and I was... told if things turned around I would get a call to come back, but that obviously never happened. Management would also let sales overrun peoples schedules on a regular. Sales - Overpromised on a lot and wanted to try to nickel and dime every last bit of time so that you had to be perfect on delivery. If something went wrong and or change management was needed, they were no where to be found. Upper Management (CEO and Directors) - Couldn't decide on a company direction to save their lives. Constantly throwing things at the wall and hoping they stick. Message communicated to the company changed from hour to hour. One minute technical staff were also salesman who got commission for clients brought in, the next they are not handing out bonuses or commissions unless you are senior level. Career Growth - There is none. You will get in one position and stay there, and will be promised that you have advancement, but all the work will go to a senior level engineer and you will be left to either do in house work or get laid off.

Advice to Management

Shawn - You need to look at why your employees are leaving and why you are getting a bad rep in the BR area. A lot of it starts with upper management not being held accountable and you can't seem to decide on what you want the company to be. Also, not telling people that they are going to be laid off when you knew that they were 3 months prior is not a good look either. I think you need to start reading some of the... reviews here and find the common ground and maybe reach out to former employees to find out why they left and make your changes based on that, instead of doing bogus interviews to make yourself seem greater than what you and the company seem greater than what you are and playing politics with your managers to give them all the benefits while the people doing the actual work are left to suffer.

Sparkhound2018-03-14

"Poor leadership. Good work/life balance."

I worked at Sparkhound

Pros

Competitive pay. Promote a solid work/life balance. Fairly regular happy hours and office get togethers. Quarterly reviews with corporate leadership team to discuss company changes.

Cons

Poor leadership throughout the organization, starting with the CEO. Overall lack of communication from managers. Do not expect to get any formal reviews or annual raises. Employees work in constant fear of being laid off at any moment.

Advice to Management

Strongly consider providing more regular communication with employees, especially around their performance. Be straightforward and honest rather than creating a culture of fear.

Sparkhound2018-03-01