What people are saying about Spotify
Any Spotify people here? Noticed there’s an AM role going at the moment in the UK but not sure what experience level it is. For reference I’ve got 6 years in ad sales experience with 3 years management (both in music industry). Would this be comfortable or is it worth holding out for AD?
Consulting Exit Opportunities
Any 🐠ers here work at Spotify within their data science department and want to put in a referral? I have an MBA in analytics and financial services consulting experience with vast project management skills and previous experience within an accounting department.
Got a burning question about Spotify? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Spotify employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Working from anywhere is great for people with family and living far from the office." (in 150 reviews)
- "great culture and company values" (in 138 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and you can tell this is a company that really cares about its employees." (in 116 reviews)
- "Great work / life balance" (in 99 reviews)
- "You have great colleagues to learn from in all different areas." (in 48 reviews)
- "middle management is wildly inexperienced and offers little to no guidance on the future of product strategy or employee growth plans." (in 41 reviews)
- "Swedish salaries are low and only competitive because they pay more than any other local company will." (in 38 reviews)
- "Engineers suffer pretty bad amongst all this because their managers are inexperienced and not able to help them grow." (in 35 reviews)
- "Lack of vision and leadership." (in 25 reviews)
- "Low pay and reorgs are very common" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Spotify and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,173 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 14, 2023Finance AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
-Great PTO package and paid parental leave (6 months) -You get equity -Remote work and being able to WFH 100% of the time
This place was a hot mess. Constantly changing strategy and no answers to give lower level employees about reorganizational updates. Doing 2 rounds of layoffs in 2023 really made me lose faith in the product/brand/management. Very cliquey - if you were in the inner circle and buddy buddy with those in charge, then you made it through the layoffs. Quality employees were laid off just because they were making the highest salaries, not due to their work ethic at all. Now you have people getting promotions who were half the workers of the ones that got laid off. As a cherry on top, after the layoffs, they still hosted influencer exclusive events and music events where regular staff weren't even invited. You know one of those events could've paid for at least 10 peoples yearly salary. OK. The whole place just seems like people cosplaying as adults. Doesn't matter how hard you work; it's who you make friends with that will depend where you go in the company. And those opportunities to meet/network aren't widely available.1
Spotify Reviews FAQs
Spotify has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,439 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Spotify to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
77% of Spotify employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Spotify 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.