Spotify Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 586 of over 586 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Spotify

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Multiple recruiters reached out to me about the same role. They stopped responding multiple times. If you are not interested in hiring someone just tell them instead of being unresponsive, especially during Covid when there are so many unemployed people. It seems no one wants to take responsibility. I have heard the same experience from multiple friends as well.

Interview Questions
  • The standard tell me about your background and what you have worked on. Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Spotify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Pretty standard: recruiter screening, then a portfolio review interview with the hiring manager. The role was then eliminated due to an updated headcount for the year, so I couldn't proceed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Had a video chat with a hiring manager, then someone on the team I was applying to work for. It was pretty casual and conversational for the most part and the team was pleasant and friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

It was about two conversations with a recruiter then a hiring manager. After that you’d do the on-site interview which is 4 different rounds in one day then a reference check and then offer

Interview Questions
  • What companies do you think is doing Developer Relations the right way?

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Very positive interview experience the team was thorough, communicated feedback and informed me of the status of the process following each interview. Although I was not offered the position I felt that my time was well spent valued.

Interview Questions
  • General Interview questions regarding experience and interest in role

Spotify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

The interviews were casual and friendly, the stakeholders took time to answer all questions I had and I felt were very interested. There was no 'grilling' or mean questions, they truly wanted to understand my background and my motivations.

Interview Questions
  • Have you heard of the podcasts we have on our platform. Can you tell which goals and themes we have for these?

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Standard interview process: had a initial phone screen with the recruiter then a hiring manager call which was a typical behavioral interview, although the hiring manager didn't seem particularly prepared for the call. After the hiring manager call, I didn't hear back for about a week. I followed up and didn't get a response. I followed up once a week for about a month and finally heard back that the position was filled. Incredibly unprofessional of the recruiter to just ghost candidates in this way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Regular multi step process, similar to FAANG. The scheduling seems quite chaotic and it required quite a few inquiries to get interviews scheduled. Questions were rather on the easier level.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

The interviewer was not paying attention, fidgeting and moving around throughout the interview. It just seems like she isn't interested to begin with. Although the interview did not last long, it was not a good impression.

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

It was a good process. A hiring manager round and then an onsite at their NYC world trade center office which was beautiful. The onsite was five 45 min interviews which was quite long and exhausting. But the people were friendly and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How do you prioritize technical debt as a product manager?
1 person found this interview helpful