Spotify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spotify Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2018

2.9

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

I applied to a job posting and was contact a few days later. First I was scheduled for a phone interview which went fine. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager for a second phone interview. I thought the process was going smoothly untill I had that second call. I have never interviewed with such a rude hiring manager. She seemed uninterested and annoyed that I had to take the call outside,even though I work full time and am unable to take the day off every time I get a phone interview. My answers we’re spot on, but seemed like she had it out for me from the beginning.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter from London office through LinkedIn. First one hour plus a conversation with the recruiter, longest one i ever had, lots of behavioral questions, but pleasant overall. Then scheduled phone tech screen. For the initial tech screen, pay attention to problems around Strings.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 sentences, determine if one sentence has enough words to make another sentence.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Applied online, and got an e-mail back saying to fill out a survey to see if I'm still interested. After filling the survey out, was told that I would hear back within 2 months. After not hearing back, sent a follow-up e-mail, to which no one has responded to. HR is literally non-existent

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in November and received an email noting that I'd be considered further in December, and that I would receive a status update in January/February. I emailed a Spotify recruiter in late February, and was told that they were still working through applicants and that I would hear back shortly. It is late March, and I still haven't heard back, even after following up with the recruiter. It also says that my application is still in progress. I've been ghosted in the past by Spotify, so this shouldn't be a surprise. However, it is still extremely frustrating and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

I applied online for "2018 summer Internship- Android Intern" and got a response in the middle of December via email saying that I was selected for an interview and they will get back to me in Jan end/ Feb. However, I recently received an email saying that I am not considered for the interview process anymore without even being Interviewed.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was stood up for my first scheduled interview, and the recruiter messaged me over 20 minutes late after I had reached out saying that it was because they didn't have my number. This is something that was entered in the application, as well as could have been handled well in advance. Moreover when it became an issue, the recruiter should have reached out immediately.

I felt like the recruiter didn't have a good concept of what the role was, and surely did not try to sell me on Spotify. In addition to not having read my resume or cover letter, it felt as though over half the interview was the recruiter asking me about compensation and telling me that people who come from my company are often disappointed in what Spotify offers.

Going into the interview I was super excited about Spotify, I love almost every aspect of the music business and the beautiful opportunities in music tech and I wanted to learn more. Coming out of it, I can't honestly recommend Spotify as a company to anyone, I think the people doing recruiting are seeking the wrong candidates.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Recruiter phone screen - 15 mins
    2. Google Hangouts with hiring manager - 45 mins
    3. In person interview with hiring team (5 managers) - 3 hours
    Communications were timely, succinct, and informative leading up to the interviews. Spotify was incredibly rigid about scheduling and was never able to accommodate my requests. In the end, the two recruiters totally ghosted and never officially rejected me. They stopped responding to emails and to phone calls. I never got a system-generated rejection either. It's now been two months, so I certainly took the hint but do know they'll drop you like a hot potato.
    Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical accounting. Overall attitude was arrogant.

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I had no issues with HR or the hiring process it was pretty seamless. The process was very quick, I applied in January and the phone screening was late February. Then a Google hangout interview was scheduled for Friday the same week with the hiring manager. After the Google Hangout was an on site interview where I met with 3 people from the team and then I had an additional Google hangout with another person higher up later that week. The interview questions were pretty standard nothing too crazy. I eventually did not get a job offer for the role, however, everyone I interviewed with was very nice and it was a great experience from beginning to end.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

I was contacted from HR the next day I applied. The HR did not call me at the scheduled call. I emailed back and got the call after 30 mins late. (Red flag 1)
    The interview with hiring manager was via Google hangout, the overall interview was pretty easy, mostly about my past experience, why I leave etc. At the end, hiring manager told me the HR will contact me for the next step. Then for two weeks, I didn't hear anything from the HR. I finally got an offer from another company, so I followed up in email, they ghosted out as many of other candidates claimed. I didn't even get the system generated rejection email (Red flag 2).
    Overall, what I felt was Spotify's hiring process is very unprofessional and disrespectful. I used to love Spotify and hoped that it is a good company to work for, but now I have huge disappointment and even thinking it was my luck that I ended up not landing on Spotify. It can be easily told how they would treat employees as they treat candidates like this.

Spotify: You should learn from other big Tech companies like Google/Facebook how they value and treat candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

approached by recruiter,45 -60 min call with recruiter , 1 hr video screen, 6 hr on-site interview. I did not get the offer, and the worst part that they wouldn't tell why - they gave a canned answer, saying it's due to lack of experience with ABC, which was apparent from the resume, so why bring me onsite, without offering to pay the travel expenses and keep me there for 6 hours? Otherwise all the interviewers were nice and polite

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions - describe a situation when .. and your actions - 1-2 hours filled with those, programming questions - nothing fancy basic data structures, and problem solving, system troubleshooting and system architecture   Answer Question