Spotify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spotify Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.9

MBA Summer Interview

Interview

Met the recruiter at a campus event. I have prior experience working with streaming companies in 5 countries, I'm a graduate musician/music business major from the US's top music school and currently attending a top5 US MBA program in the SF Bay Area. I was exceeding the preferred requirements in 3 of their MBA job postings. I apply to the roles and send an email to the recruiter to ask about the timelines etc. Never hear back. Send a second follow up, and then a third. Nothing. Then 3 months later I get the automated rejection. What does it take to interview the people who are 100% what you are asking in the job posting? To know the hiring manager personally? If so, remove all the crap about being "committed to diversity", you are not.

PMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long process - nearly 4 months and one of the oddest array of questioning and exercises I had every experienced. I had applied for one position and it morphed into a volley of exercises and interviews way out of scope for the role. In short, was led to believe I was the only viable candidate - copious note taking by interviewees and then HR contacting me to "prep" me for the next volley. The interviews were strategy data mining exercises they had organized to get you to resolve their woefully lack of leadership and team building vacuum. The worse, they turned me down and then I found they had posted jobs for the very positions I had applied in one of these "exercises," to address these holes....Not that is very dodgy practices and speaks in volumes of the type of management leadership they have. Beware, I am going to state for the record only the government takes so long to on board employees. Read the reviews - notice the folks hired were done so immediately - those being dragged over a 3+ month long process were not - speaks to patterns - they do this to obtain free ideas on how to solve their gaps and issues. My advice, keep your strategies close to your chest, they want to know what you can do, for them let them take the risk and hire you.

Interview Questions

• Multiple exercises way out of scope for the simplistic job I had applied for that I could have done in my sleep. Advice, don't reveal your strategies, let them hire you for that.   1 Answer

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

I applied to a job posting and was contact a few days later. First I was scheduled for a phone interview which went fine. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager for a second phone interview. I thought the process was going smoothly untill I had that second call. I have never interviewed with such a rude hiring manager. She seemed uninterested and annoyed that I had to take the call outside,even though I work full time and am unable to take the day off every time I get a phone interview. My answers we’re spot on, but seemed like she had it out for me from the beginning.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter from London office through LinkedIn. First one hour plus a conversation with the recruiter, longest one i ever had, lots of behavioral questions, but pleasant overall. Then scheduled phone tech screen. For the initial tech screen, pay attention to problems around Strings.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 sentences, determine if one sentence has enough words to make another sentence.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Applied online, and got an e-mail back saying to fill out a survey to see if I'm still interested. After filling the survey out, was told that I would hear back within 2 months. After not hearing back, sent a follow-up e-mail, to which no one has responded to. HR is literally non-existent

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in November and received an email noting that I'd be considered further in December, and that I would receive a status update in January/February. I emailed a Spotify recruiter in late February, and was told that they were still working through applicants and that I would hear back shortly. It is late March, and I still haven't heard back, even after following up with the recruiter. It also says that my application is still in progress. I've been ghosted in the past by Spotify, so this shouldn't be a surprise. However, it is still extremely frustrating and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

I applied online for "2018 summer Internship- Android Intern" and got a response in the middle of December via email saying that I was selected for an interview and they will get back to me in Jan end/ Feb. However, I recently received an email saying that I am not considered for the interview process anymore without even being Interviewed.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was stood up for my first scheduled interview, and the recruiter messaged me over 20 minutes late after I had reached out saying that it was because they didn't have my number. This is something that was entered in the application, as well as could have been handled well in advance. Moreover when it became an issue, the recruiter should have reached out immediately.

I felt like the recruiter didn't have a good concept of what the role was, and surely did not try to sell me on Spotify. In addition to not having read my resume or cover letter, it felt as though over half the interview was the recruiter asking me about compensation and telling me that people who come from my company are often disappointed in what Spotify offers.

Going into the interview I was super excited about Spotify, I love almost every aspect of the music business and the beautiful opportunities in music tech and I wanted to learn more. Coming out of it, I can't honestly recommend Spotify as a company to anyone, I think the people doing recruiting are seeking the wrong candidates.

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I had no issues with HR or the hiring process it was pretty seamless. The process was very quick, I applied in January and the phone screening was late February. Then a Google hangout interview was scheduled for Friday the same week with the hiring manager. After the Google Hangout was an on site interview where I met with 3 people from the team and then I had an additional Google hangout with another person higher up later that week. The interview questions were pretty standard nothing too crazy. I eventually did not get a job offer for the role, however, everyone I interviewed with was very nice and it was a great experience from beginning to end.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Recruiter phone screen - 15 mins
    2. Google Hangouts with hiring manager - 45 mins
    3. In person interview with hiring team (5 managers) - 3 hours
    Communications were timely, succinct, and informative leading up to the interviews. Spotify was incredibly rigid about scheduling and was never able to accommodate my requests. In the end, the two recruiters totally ghosted and never officially rejected me. They stopped responding to emails and to phone calls. I never got a system-generated rejection either. It's now been two months, so I certainly took the hint but do know they'll drop you like a hot potato.
    Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical accounting. Overall attitude was arrogant.