Summit Merchant Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Not for everyone"

Former Contractor - Sales Concierge in Azle, TX
    Former Contractor - Sales Concierge in Azle, TX

I worked at Summit Merchant Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work your own hours, immediate start, great compensation. Freedom to choose where you work at. Great products and services available for the clients.

Cons

No hands on training, completely commision, lots of driving in your own vehicle without reimbursement for mileage. Even though they say no cold calls it's a lot of cold calls and walking inside businesses to solicit the service.

"Dodgy dodgy dodgy"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Summit Merchant Solutions full-time

Pros

Will hire anyone, at any time.

Cons

Will do there best not to pay those people and lock in small business who do not read the small print into unbreakable contracts that make AT&T look like posers. It is playing the marketing game of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what hits. So they turn out people into the streets in mass numbers and hope for the odds to work their way.

Advice to Management

Dont rip off two parties, focus on gouging one.

"Good for a short term not long term !"

Current Employee - Merchant Sales Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchant Sales Advisor in Orlando, FL

Pros

Manaagement is friendly and helpful, never have to work weekends, flexible hours

Cons

No benefits,no gas allowance, sales appoitments are bogus, bad customer service to merchants,fake promisses to merchants.When you hired they will tell you will get paid every week once the service is installed however this never usually happend take about 2 weeks to get paid with service and about 3 weeks with creditcard lease.When you inttially start they will also give you appt's wich almost of the times they are not qualified and the owner almost of the times not are even expecting the sales representative and some of this appt's are residential's an nto a business location.

Advice to Management

improve customer service

5. "Terrible to Work For, what a Scam"

Pros

None, there is really nothing positive to say about this company or its management.

Cons

They lie about the appointments being certified. Many times I was sent to a house in the boondocks, not even a business. No one home or they had no idea why I was there. That said, I was still able to make sales to legitimate businesses I cold called. Unfortunately, Summit quit paying me my commissions while promising they were coming. I don't work for free, I do not wait 2 months for weeks of commissions that used to come like clockwork. AVOID......

Advice to Management

None. Clearly management is aware that this is a scam for both the representative and the businesses and are on board with that. I hope you are getting something good out of screwing people.

6. "Do Not Work for Them!"

Former Employee - Salesman
    Former Employee - Salesman

I worked at Summit Merchant Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has given me absolutely no reason whatsoever to give them a good review! They are very unorganized and don't know what the heck they are doing! My contacts name was Shakira and she was very nice and understanding but everything else is a sham!

Cons

They tell you the appointment has been set up and the owner is waiting for you but I went to 4 places in 1 day and every one of them said that they repeatedly told SMS not to send anyone and they sent me anyway. I got my butt chewed twice and it is not worth it! I wasted a full tank of gas in one day for nothing!

Advice to Management

Stop scamming people!

"Watch Out"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

It sounds really really good in the beginning.

Cons

Management lies directly to you to protect their butts. Very shady sales practices.

Advice to Management

Can't change their culture