KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay and change in company culture(in 70 reviews)
  • "Low salary compared to similar positions at other firms(in 65 reviews)
  • "It also results in poor management perpetuating itself.(in 57 reviews)
  • "Not all managers are good at management and mentoring of strong associates.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Long hours to work(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of T. Rowe Price and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Featured Review

Good company within asset management with strong values and culture

Sep 9, 2021 - Vice President in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart thoughtful colleagues with a culture of strong collaboration Strong culture

Cons

Based in Baltimore Can be very competitive

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with Great Benefits

Apr 7, 2022 - Product Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are really good with this company. Also the people are all very nice and supportive

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best firms in finance

May 25, 2022 - Rotational Program in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

T. Rowe is focused on preserving their culture that is core to the firms identity. Overall, it’s fairly egalitarian and honestly a fun place to work. Collaboration is key and the majority of the people that work for the enterprise are dedicated to its success.

Cons

Still have a little “ivy-league” bias that was traditional with old firms, and a little hesitant to lead the industry with innovation.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Benefits are decent, work-life balance not-so-much

Mar 25, 2022 - Associate Platform Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

TRP matches a % of what you contribute to your 401k. Healthcare is Aetna, which is ok for me. I don't have a family on my plan, so I can't speak to the family plans and how well it works out for others.

Cons

Pay is not keeping up with SOL and inflation, but we should be happy with what we get. If you need time off, some groups are more flexible than others in allowing it, even if you've got a lot to take. There is little appreciation shown to most, unless you're a C-level manager. Work/Life balance varies across departments and despite rising costs of childcare, after being home for the last two years, everyone has been required (unless you're not vaxxed) to come back to the office 2-3 days a week. There is no consideration for those who want to remain working from home full-time, even though work has carried on just fine the last two years with everyone doing that. We are told folks WANT to come back, and if that's even true - all are being forced to do so. It's been a rough couple months and morale is low.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great if you work in asset management

May 27, 2022 - Director in Owings Mills, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and support of employees

Cons

Total lack of urgency Asset management rules the organization, being in other business areas is challenging

6. 5.0

T Rowe

May 27, 2022 - Infrastructure Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefit Work life balance Talent acquisition Beautiful office space

Cons

Micro-managing No promotion opportunities Bureaucracy Turn around too high

7. 4.0

Great Place to Learn

May 26, 2022 - Financial Representative in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Training and excellent team spirit

Cons

A lot of overnight and a lot of calls

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pleasant job

Mar 30, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

job was never too busy, always had some down time even during the busy days, pretty respectful regarding work life balance

Cons

made people come back to work after lockdown and after being employed with good performance reviews on the same team for almost two years, i requested full telework so that I could move to a new city (was previously based in baltimore) and pretty much got approvals through multiple levels in the chain of command, and the highest person decided that to let me work fully remote would be setting a precedence for everyone to work remote

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

okay job

May 18, 2022 - Financial Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay, 401k, health & dental

Cons

overtime, call center, lunch breaks, employee growth

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 11, 2022 - Associate Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intellectually stimulating crowd of people

Cons

Can be a bit political - and hierarchical. It is not explicitly obvious that you are an apprentice rather than a thought leader.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,327 Reviews

T. Rowe Price Reviews FAQs

T. Rowe Price has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,534 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at T. Rowe Price to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, T. Rowe Price employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at T. Rowe Price. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

67% of T. Rowe Price employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated T. Rowe Price 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at T. Rowe Price to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with T. Rowe Price Job Seekers