T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

3.8
T. Rowe Price President and Chief Executive Officer William J. Stromberg  (no image)
William J. Stromberg
Pros
  • "Great benefits and great company to work for(in 133 reviews)

• "A great company culture that is inclusive and puts a focus on work-life balance(in 103 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They also preach work life balance but got upset when I had to take off or work from home due to sick children(in 42 reviews)

• "it is kind of very Baltimore centric management(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of T. Rowe Price and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Awesome Job

Dec 14, 2020 - Responsible Investment Analyst in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fascinating work and amazing company culture

Cons

There are not any cons.

2. 5.0

Review

Apr 30, 2021 - Internal Wholesaler (Internal Sales Consultant) in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits. 401k plan. Culture. People.

Cons

Can see signs of a meritocracy sometimes

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rough Beginning But It Gets Better

Mar 16, 2021 - WISE Associate in Owings Mills, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I started out I was in the WISE call center and there is more over time than they let on in the interviews. It is rough to be on the phone all day, but I did have rewarding experiences with customers and I really enjoyed my co-workers. Also, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. My starting base salary was 40k but I got a differential for being in the Spanish queue as well as working night shift. Also I have gotten two promotions since starting 9 months ago. Both new positions were more interesting and came with pay raises. In addition, I have never had a bad experiences with my supervisors or seniors. All of them have been great and this is one of the healthiest work environments I have had. Benefits are also pretty great.

Cons

The first few months are rough and not all of the customers are the nicest. Frequent overtime and half hour lunches. T. Rowe Price no longer supports licensing for associates. Something I was looking forward to when I started.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great 401k - Stuck in the past - Toxic culture

Feb 23, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k benefits are industry leading - regular monthly company contributions and a second lump sum at the end of the year based on company performance. In general people are friendly - work environment is professional.

Cons

Unfortunately there are more cons than pros - it feels like you step back in time when you enter the Baltimore or Owings Mills campus. Technology is dated, internal processes are years behind other companies. The sad part is there is there is a lack of self-awareness in the TRP and HR leadership teams to realize just how far behind they are. The HR team itself is a prime example - all homegrown within TRP with minimal experience in HR at other companies - fearful of outsiders who bring fresh ideas to help them modernize who could push them outside of their comfort zone. There is also a well-known sub-culture at TRP that is called T. Rowe Nice. On the surface it feels friendly and cordial, however beware - feedback at TRP is never direct and it is often times shared with others differently before you hear the message.

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Corporate World

Apr 26, 2021 - Retail Account Manager in Owings Mills, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The overall culture is very laidback & welcoming. Events are held often to keep everyone engaged & networking with people throughout the firm. Very Modern office space, game rooms, private studies, diverse cafeterias, & gyms. Sponsored & paid licensing.

Cons

Matriculation throughout the firm is big within the culture but management plays favorites often.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Very good, research driven culture

Apr 25, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is nice and respectful, yet very smart. This is rare in investment management. Minimal churn given Baltimore location weds people to the suburban area.

Cons

Slow to advance new products (ETFs, private credit/equity).

7. 3.0

The Cons Cancel Out the Pros

Apr 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with incredibly talented, kind, and professional team members. The firm has a reputable investment approach that makes you proud to work there. Plus, the benefits are good, all in all.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. Associates work very long hours and weekends, often unpredictably, due to poor business processes and outdated technology. Pay is okay but low relative to competitors.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits and place to work but understaffed in the position

Apr 19, 2021 - Select Client Services Representative in Owings Mills, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I work with is very nice and the benefits are amazing

Cons

The Overtime hours can be a lot, currently understaffed for a phone position, back to back calls

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 24, 2021 - Retirement Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, managers and team members

Cons

Lower salary compared to competitors

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very pleasant place to work

Apr 19, 2021 - WISE Education Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay care for employee health pto

Cons

for me it was the clients. clients sometimes are entitled and don't have the need to respect associates

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,055 Reviews