TPP Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2020

4.2
TPP CEO  Frank Hester
Frank Hester
Pros
  • "The incredible sailing trips to the Caribbean and this year Croatia also (unsurprisingly(in 14 reviews)

• "There is a genuinely flat hierarchy, although more experienced people's opinions tend to be more respected than others(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you've read other review I'm sure you've heard it's a flat hierarchy - certainly ambitious but obviously difficult to implement(in 17 reviews)

• "of positive reviews in the last month(in 12 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Making a difference to patients around the world!"

Current Employee - Technical Operations

I have been working at TPP full-time

Pros

- Collaborative projects, such as the OpenSAFELY project where we are working with the University of Oxford and the London School of Tropical Medicine to accelerate COVID-19 research, a world first for electronic health records! - Involved in the design of new projects - Researching and testing new hardware and software - Amazing holidays and pay

Cons

Supporting healthcare systems can be stressful at times and can involve some evening & weekend work, although to be fair they occur rarely and we do everything possible to make sure they do not happen twice so I would say the work life balance is good.

"Proud to work for TPP"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at TPP full-time

Pros

You learn so much here - think I learned more in my first few weeks than the whole time I was at my previous company. Years later, I'm still learning. Love the people I work with - lots of bright, enthusiastic people who want to make a difference. Young company - easy to make friends. V sociable. Surrounded by people who want to help. Love working on healthcare technology - knowing that your project can actually make clinicians jobs easier and can save lives is amazing. Leeds is fab. Great city - loads to do. Love the countryside. Perks are amazing - holiday allowance is superb, pay is really good, birthday meal is a treat, get to travel the world, fab parties. Get out of work on time 99% of the time!

Cons

Can be stressful. Can end up thinking about work at home.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Deployment Specialist

I have been working at TPP full-time

Pros

I love my job! Everyday is different You never get bored You really are making a difference to health care Work with very intelligent people Doesn’t feel like a job Get to leave on time every day Get to travel round the UK and abroad Great salary and holiday, plus a ski trip or sailing each year! Great support from my colleagues in my team and the Directors. Always have someone to talk to

Cons

It can be stressful So much to do, so little time. I do think about work at home, I find it hard to switch off

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at TPP part-time

Pros

fulfilling work, opportunity to learn

Cons

some people were very rude

"Great company to work for with lots of variety"

Current Employee - Deployment Specialist

I have been working at TPP full-time

Pros

I think it is such a rewarding place to work with so much variety. I am never bored in my job and always have lots of different things to work on. I love the fact that the days go so quickly. You get to work with really passionate people that care about their work and the company. I also like the fact that you are given responsibility early on at the company, you don't have to be here several years before working on an important project. If there is something that you particularly want to work on then you can always let someone know and the chances are, you will get to work on it.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be stressful and it's hard to switch off at home.

"The future is bright!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at TPP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for TPP is extremely rewarding, both financially and emotionally! You get so much job satisfaction from solving real life problems. It’s always really nice to get praise but it seems even more special from front-line NHS workers! What’s also good, and surprising in comparison to other companies, is that everyone working at TPP makes a real difference. We’re all empowered to put forward ideas, attend important meetings and, if necessary, raise any concerns. It’s easy to be empowered as we’re all listened to and encouraged. It’s true that TPP staff work incredibly hard due to their shared passion and determination and it’s also true that because of this we get very well rewarded! Perks have even included sailing and skiing courses abroad! What’s more is that the future is really exciting as technology is being recognised for the vital role it can play in health and social care and I’m reassured that working for a company with over 20 years’ experience and who have been at the forefront of innovation is the best place to be!

Cons

It can be frustrating working with other more bureaucratic organisations in the industry as they can slow you down!

7. COVID-19

"Small Company At Its Best"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Leeds, England

I have been working at TPP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing is the lack of bureaucracy. Small teams organise themselves. Decisions are made quickly and easily. If you want to go run past something past the CEO, go run it past him. The company is truly agile. When COVID-19 hit we re-prioritised instantly and had changes rolled out to users within days. This also means there are no boring roles. You might be doing bug fixes for a couple of days, but you'll be back to something exciting by the end of the week. As others have said it's nice to be working on something like fulfilling like healthcare, rather than something like betting or finance. 28 days of holiday and a week of skiing is pretty nice too! Agile Can talk to the CEO Real code

Cons

If you are looking for a structured grad scheme with a clearly defined list of training courses and achievements to tick off this isn't it. Learning is on the job, which isn't for everyone. Feedback is very direct, which takes some getting used to. There aren't enough coders for all the work we want to do. It feels awful having to drop things for customers because something else has come up. Writing a bug that negatively affects doctors or patients feels terrible, even though everyone rallies round to help out.

"TPP review"

I have been working at TPP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work TPP does and the staff are what makes TPP so great. Not only is the work interesting and varied but you also have the satisfaction of knowing that what you do really makes a difference. Having such great colleagues makes the work even more enjoyable. There’s always someone able and willing to help if you need it.

Cons

The main con is simply that the company needs more staff to be able to manage the workload and to be able to take on even more projects.

9. COVID-19

"Passionate About Healthcare - Making a Difference"

I have been working at TPP full-time

Pros

As a software provider to the NHS, and now to healthcare systems around the world, TPP has always been passionate about healthcare. This has never been more obvious than now, during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. TPP is doing everything it can to support the NHS in what is one of its most challenging times. The work that we are doing across the company is genuinely mind-blowing - in terms of the volume of work, what that work consists of and the impact that it's having! The innovation that is coming out the company and the overwhelming amount of hard work, time and effort that's being put in by TPP's staff is genuinely uplifting during what is such a difficult time for everyone. Hearing all of the glowing feedback from the NHS and from patients directly about the real, positive impact that TPP is making actually makes me quite emotional and I've never been more proud to work for the company. This is even more impressive given the size of the company. I'd genuinely recommend working at TPP to anyone who's looking for a truly rewarding job where you feel like you're making a real difference.

Cons

The normal negatives that you'd have with any job... Monday mornings can be difficult to get out of bed! But this isn't any old job - once you're at work, you really get engrossed, you have fun, and the time flies!

Found 169 reviews