TRAC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
TRAC CEO Jennifer Polli
Jennifer Polli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits, nice building to work in" (in 7 reviews)

• "Fast moving, good company to work for" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is not at all appreciated here - busy bragging is fashionable" (in 3 reviews)

• "Very little training, development or cross-training opportunities and no tuition reimbursement" (in 3 reviews)

"Modern Plenary Structure"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Authentic Managerial Direction
    Flexible Approved Practices

Cons

No information can be provided at this time

Advice to Management

Many employees are excited to see a new development in the company this year given the revised agenda, may the feedback requested help steer Trac to new heights and boundaries

2. "Outdated office vibe"

Former Employee - Temp Worker
    Former Employee - Temp Worker

I worked at TRAC (Less than a year)

Pros

New building, cafe, really nice fast computers

Cons

The office is new, but really drab and can feel depressing. Bright fluorescent lights gave me a headache. Very little opportunity to meet coworkers and I found my floor at least to lack any energy or opportunity to get excited about the job. Nobody in my dep’t attempted to make conversation or get to know me.

Advice to Management

Find ways to incorporate new employees and build working relationships between departments so new employees in small departments aren’t completely isolated.

"Turning Around"

I worked at TRAC full-time

Pros

The company does have a good 401K. It looks like the changing of the guard "CEO" is a step in the right direction.

Cons

Company has managers and supervisors who have absolutely no idea of what they're doing. Still a lot of favoritism!

Advice to Management

This is for the New CEO. Evaluate ALL of your managers and supervisors. It's time to cut the dogs loose in order to flush out the vermin. Replace people who doing nothing with people who do something! Speak to the peons directly. You'll be surprised what you find out to be the truth.

4. "Hahha yes its a yes job"

Pros

It was a ok job there.

Cons

No one had good leadership

5. "Struggling industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, convenient location, beginning to implement better systems

Cons

Old, outdated systems (though they are changing); too much of a silo mentality, not enough cross-functional cooperation; industry has become commoditized, with pricing falling and customer buying power increasing

Advice to Management

Improve cross-functional communication and cooperation; keep investing in technology, improve product offering, and differentiate yourself from commodity providers

"Management needs training regarding harassment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice. The benefits package is very good

Cons

Manager constantly bullies their employees and you can't go to HR because they basically don't care and are not on the employee side. People are afraid that the situation would get worse and there has been plenty of retaliation by managers after someone goes to HR.

Advice to Management

Take a class on managing and stop bullying people. Its not right to yell at your employees either in private or in front of people or make disparaging comments in the middle of a meeting. Singling out one person and making them feel small creates a hostile work environment. Singling out and Mocking someone's appearance when other employees in the department are far worse makes the supervisor/manager look petty and like a horrible person. Making up lies to hurt someone in your department or imposing your views on someone is wrong

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Your comments about a Manager’s behavior are concerning, and not at all what we expect of our Leaders. In our Leadership training as well as one-on-one coaching sessions... More

7. "Repair service coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I have been working at TRAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The acknowledge all employees for work done. They show appreciation by the pay! The hours! And sometimes they even buy lunch when we are busy. If you work well and learn quickly promotions are easy to come by. They make you feel like you are needed and appreciated.insurace from day one. Great pay. Great supervisors.

Cons

I do not have any at this time. No ice machine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communications to all employees and letting them know they are appreciated. Make sure to include all shifts when buying lunch.

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review. Great to read your positive comments, but more important I’m pleased to hear that you are having a great experience as a member of the TRAC team.
    Your comments touched on... More

8. "Old world ways, lack of of vision and diversity"

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do what you want, not much direction or direct management from leadership. Can work on what interests you. Whether it has value for the company or not.

Cons

You can do what you want. Those managers who do "manage" are micro managers or "seagull" managers. Very little, or no knowledge given to employees of vision and future for the company; "Just stick to what you've always done."

Advice to Management

Lead your employees. Show them your vision for the company. A 1 year, 3 year, 5 year plan of where you want to be.

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review.
    It’s unfortunate that your experience with our Leadership team fell short of expectations. I don’t see a lot of what you described, but if we do we will quickly address... More

9. "TRAC SERVICES"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Well organized management.

Cons

Could have better pay rates.

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review.

Good to hear that you like our benefits, and that you have a positive view of management.

Our compensation strategy is to pay at market rates and higher for base... More

10. "Challenging and Never Boring"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

interesting and always evolving clear mind on the future of the transportation industry.

Cons

Sometimes changes are implemented too quickly before a clear process or SOP is defined and it requires a lot of work and attention to detail to keep up at times.

Jun 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. It’s good to hear your positive comments regarding interesting work and the continuing evolution of our company.

Your comment regarding SOPs is well placed. We have... More