TRAC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
TRAC President & CEO Keith Lovetro
Keith Lovetro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Benefits - At the lower level most of the worker bee's are pleasant enough (in 8 reviews)

• Fast moving, good company to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is limited to no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• Work life balance is not at all appreciated here - busy bragging is fashionable (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Remodeling the Status Quo"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafe is open
    Friendly co-workers
    Caring Management
    Top-notch technology
    Responsive customer service

Cons

Trac has been making exemplary moves to put the company is the right direction

Advice to Management

As Trac prepares for 2018, I believe many employees will rise to the occasion as demands of the logistics industry change.

2. "Great Place to Grow your Career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TRAC has been a great company to work at over the last 4-years. In fact, I started as an Intern in 2011 and fell in love with working at the Company. So much so, that I chose to come back to TRAC in 2014 when I was lucky enough to be offered a position.

TRAC is a very busy, fast paced, changing company. If you like to work hard every day of the work week (sometimes nights and weekends), enjoy problem solving, and want to be a part of something bigger, than TRAC is a great place for you to work. Your work day is challenging, but you get to work with a company full of fantastic people who help you solve problems and overcome obstacles. The day can really fly by with all of the work flowing through your area of responsibility, but that is what I love about TRAC - you are never bored! If you do not enjoy this type of work environment, TRAC may not be the place for you.

TRAC isn't perfect (what company is?), but the company has come a long way since 2011 and continues to make great strides in many areas such as technology, employee engagement, volunteer opportunities, benefit options (pet insurance coming soon), communication, and more. It is exciting to see how far the company has advanced in the last few years. Knowing what is on the horizon is even more exciting - MSU Expansion, Project Helix Go-Live, New HR Technology, etc.

A below reviewer mentioned that HR created "fake" reviews to boost Glassdoor scores. I can assure you that even if we had some free time in HR, we would not use it to create fake reviews, there are plenty of other projects on our to-do lists. The premise of doing this is a bit juvenile and not something that would occur at TRAC Intermodal.

Cons

Everyone works very hard to get their job done. At times, we need to take a step back and make sure that we are working with each other as far as workload, timelines, expectations, etc. When we only focus on our own individual needs and not look at what our co-workers have on their plates, we can lose sight of the bigger picture.

A work from home policy and tuition reimbursement program would be excellent to have as added benefits.

More visibility from Upper Management. This has improved over the last 12-months, but still has room to improve more.

Advice to Management

Always keep communicating to and developing your teams. Everyone at TRAC works very hard to achieve positive results for the company. Don't forget to award those who work hard and give 110%.

3. "TRAC is changing for the better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TRAC is a large enough company where there is room to move up and advance, but it is a small enough company that people know who you are. It's nice to have a combination of both with great benefits and a competitive salary. I've found my supervisors and colleagues to enjoy their work day, and everyone is friendly. TRAC seems to be changing from when I first came here for the better.

Cons

The company needs to continue to advance with the times, and although technologically we are getting better, we have to keep the ball rolling with upper management.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing.

4. "Great company to grow with!"

Current Employee - MSU Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - MSU Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care for their employees

Cons

Not enough mechanics and service trucks in Dallas. Also I feel that we need more involvement with the safety department in Dallas.

Advice to Management

Keep setting goals and keep working with your staff to achieve your department and your organizational goals. It is your role to work with others, to help them be productive and effective members of the team. In other words keep doing what your doing. You all are a great bunch and work very hard to achieve what goals have been laid out before you. I just want to say thank you for all that you all do.

5. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive supervisors, collaborative environment, challenging in a positive way, flexible overtime

Cons

Sometimes get behind schedule when co-workers are on vacation or department becomes short staffed

Advice to Management

Utilize temp services or cross train other departments to assist when there are extended vacations or department becomes short staffed

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if you work hard and wish to advance you will get your opportunity

Cons

very busy and fast pace must be flexable

"Really...?"

Former Employee - Executive in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is the pits. Will never be a great place till work till CEO is gone. They (PE owners) just keep selling off pieces of their business because no one will buy them and they can't go public. Tells you all you need to know.

Cons

Like another review said, anything being said positive is HR saying it. They used to respond to every posting but gave up on that as they could not keep up.

Advice to Management

Get a CEO who ACTUALLY cares about people.

TRAC Response

Mar 26, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for providing your feedback. As a former executive, you may not be aware of TRAC’s current strategy and initiatives, which are being regularly communicated to our employees via senior... More

"Look at the next page of reviews"

Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just wanted to let everyone know that there about 10 awful reviews in a row in 2017 so the company's HR department has posted these fake glowing reviews so people don't look at the bad ones. I have a friend from within that has confirmed this

Cons

Maybe try a career in fast food? Definitely better than this company

TRAC Response

Mar 19, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for leaving a review. I am concerned that you feel the TRAC Human Resources Department has posted “fake” reviews on Glassdoor. I can assure you this is absolutely not true. Members our... More

9. "INSURANCE ANALYST"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing Company, Flexibility for personal issues.

Cons

Lack of personal growth within the Company.

Advice to Management

Train people who have skills to make Company more profitable

10. "Good Benefits, Growing Company, Excellent Management"

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

TRAC offers benefits that still exceed many other companies out there. The company continues to grow and invest- in its people, technology, and facilities. Senior management has navigated a challenging business environment over the past several years to produce a strong, profitable company. All the while with a focus on creating a better working environment for employees- awards programs, career paths, food trucks, new facilities with onsite gym and wellness, cafe opening, employee feedback, enhanced on-boarding, charity outreach etc.

Cons

In the transportation industry, business and deals move fast which sometimes requires flexibility with hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and demonstrate values that foster a high-quality working environment for employees- communication, honesty, respect, balance, open to advise etc.