TRAC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
TRAC CEO Jennifer Polli
Jennifer Polli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good Benefits - At the lower level most of the worker bee's are pleasant enough" (in 8 reviews)

• "Fast moving, good company to work for" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is not at all appreciated here - busy bragging is fashionable" (in 3 reviews)

• "Very little training, development or cross-training opportunities and no tuition reimbursement" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Remodeling the Status Quo"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafe is open
    Friendly co-workers
    Caring Management
    Top-notch technology
    Responsive customer service

Cons

Trac has been making exemplary moves to put the company is the right direction

Advice to Management

As Trac prepares for 2018, I believe many employees will rise to the occasion as demands of the logistics industry change.

May 1, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review. It was good to see your comments about many of our areas of focus, such as having our leaders spending more time with their teams, our focus on technology as a... More

2. "Repair service coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I have been working at TRAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The acknowledge all employees for work done. They show appreciation by the pay! The hours! And sometimes they even buy lunch when we are busy. If you work well and learn quickly promotions are easy to come by. They make you feel like you are needed and appreciated.insurace from day one. Great pay. Great supervisors.

Cons

I do not have any at this time. No ice machine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communications to all employees and letting them know they are appreciated. Make sure to include all shifts when buying lunch.

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review. Great to read your positive comments, but more important I’m pleased to hear that you are having a great experience as a member of the TRAC team.
    Your comments touched on... More

3. "Hahha yes its a yes job"

Pros

It was a ok job there.

Cons

No one had good leadership

4. "Management needs training regarding harassment"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice. The benefits package is very good

Cons

Manager constantly bullies their employees and you can't go to HR because they basically don't care and are not on the employee side. People are afraid that the situation would get worse and there has been plenty of retaliation by managers after someone goes to HR.

Advice to Management

Take a class on managing and stop bullying people. Its not right to yell at your employees either in private or in front of people or make disparaging comments in the middle of a meeting. Singling out one person and making them feel small creates a hostile work environment. Singling out and Mocking someone's appearance when other employees in the department are far worse makes the supervisor/manager look petty and like a horrible person. Making up lies to hurt someone in your department or imposing your views on someone is wrong

Sep 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Your comments about a Manager’s behavior are concerning, and not at all what we expect of our Leaders. In our Leadership training as well as one-on-one coaching sessions... More

5. "Old world ways, lack of of vision and diversity"

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do what you want, not much direction or direct management from leadership. Can work on what interests you. Whether it has value for the company or not.

Cons

You can do what you want. Those managers who do "manage" are micro managers or "seagull" managers. Very little, or no knowledge given to employees of vision and future for the company; "Just stick to what you've always done."

Advice to Management

Lead your employees. Show them your vision for the company. A 1 year, 3 year, 5 year plan of where you want to be.

Thank you for your Review.
    It’s unfortunate that your experience with our Leadership team fell short of expectations. I don’t see a lot of what you described, but if we do we will quickly address... More

6. "TRAC SERVICES"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Well organized management.

Cons

Could have better pay rates.

Thank you for your Review.

Good to hear that you like our benefits, and that you have a positive view of management.

Our compensation strategy is to pay at market rates and higher for base... More

7. "Challenging and Never Boring"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

interesting and always evolving clear mind on the future of the transportation industry.

Cons

Sometimes changes are implemented too quickly before a clear process or SOP is defined and it requires a lot of work and attention to detail to keep up at times.

Jun 25, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. It’s good to hear your positive comments regarding interesting work and the continuing evolution of our company.

Your comment regarding SOPs is well placed. We have... More

8. "Dispatch"

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

They will work with your hours.

Cons

Must work holidays, no respect for customers or employees. Employees are always stressed out, and take their anger out on other employees and customers. A lot of talking behind backs goes on. Bed bug problem. Over all horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Manage better! Potion out jobs to people in a manner that will be less chaotic, and train employees better.

Thank you for your Review.

I’m sorry to hear your description of TRAC- I don’t believe that’s a typical experience. Feel free to contact me directly if you’d like to share more specific examples... More

9. "Great Place to Grow your Career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TRAC has been a great company to work at over the last 4-years. In fact, I started as an Intern in 2011 and fell in love with working at the Company. So much so, that I chose to come back to TRAC in 2014 when I was lucky enough to be offered a position.

TRAC is a very busy, fast paced, changing company. If you like to work hard every day of the work week (sometimes nights and weekends), enjoy problem solving, and want to be a part of something bigger, than TRAC is a great place for you to work. Your work day is challenging, but you get to work with a company full of fantastic people who help you solve problems and overcome obstacles. The day can really fly by with all of the work flowing through your area of responsibility, but that is what I love about TRAC - you are never bored! If you do not enjoy this type of work environment, TRAC may not be the place for you.

TRAC isn't perfect (what company is?), but the company has come a long way since 2011 and continues to make great strides in many areas such as technology, employee engagement, volunteer opportunities, benefit options (pet insurance coming soon), communication, and more. It is exciting to see how far the company has advanced in the last few years. Knowing what is on the horizon is even more exciting - MSU Expansion, Project Helix Go-Live, New HR Technology, etc.

A below reviewer mentioned that HR created "fake" reviews to boost Glassdoor scores. I can assure you that even if we had some free time in HR, we would not use it to create fake reviews, there are plenty of other projects on our to-do lists. The premise of doing this is a bit juvenile and not something that would occur at TRAC Intermodal.

Cons

Everyone works very hard to get their job done. At times, we need to take a step back and make sure that we are working with each other as far as workload, timelines, expectations, etc. When we only focus on our own individual needs and not look at what our co-workers have on their plates, we can lose sight of the bigger picture.

A work from home policy and tuition reimbursement program would be excellent to have as added benefits.

More visibility from Upper Management. This has improved over the last 12-months, but still has room to improve more.

Advice to Management

Always keep communicating to and developing your teams. Everyone at TRAC works very hard to achieve positive results for the company. Don't forget to award those who work hard and give 110%.

10. "TRAC is changing for the better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TRAC is a large enough company where there is room to move up and advance, but it is a small enough company that people know who you are. It's nice to have a combination of both with great benefits and a competitive salary. I've found my supervisors and colleagues to enjoy their work day, and everyone is friendly. TRAC seems to be changing from when I first came here for the better.

Cons

The company needs to continue to advance with the times, and although technologically we are getting better, we have to keep the ball rolling with upper management.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing.

May 1, 2018 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Your first sentence caught my eye, I often say something similar: TRAC is big enough to be somebody (in our industry), but small enough that you can make a difference... More