TRAC Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
TRAC President & CEO Keith Lovetro
Keith Lovetro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Benefits - At the lower level most of the worker bee's are pleasant enough (in 8 reviews)

• Fast moving, good company to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is limited to no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• Work life balance is not at all appreciated here - busy bragging is fashionable (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Remodeling the Status Quo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafe is open
    Friendly co-workers
    Caring Management
    Top-notch technology
    Responsive customer service

Cons

Trac has been making exemplary moves to put the company is the right direction

Advice to Management

As Trac prepares for 2018, I believe many employees will rise to the occasion as demands of the logistics industry change.

2. "Good Benefits, Growing Company, Excellent Management"

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

TRAC offers benefits that still exceed many other companies out there. The company continues to grow and invest- in its people, technology, and facilities. Senior management has navigated a challenging business environment over the past several years to produce a strong, profitable company. All the while with a focus on creating a better working environment for employees- awards programs, career paths, food trucks, new facilities with onsite gym and wellness, cafe opening, employee feedback, enhanced on-boarding, charity outreach etc.

Cons

In the transportation industry, business and deals move fast which sometimes requires flexibility with hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and demonstrate values that foster a high-quality working environment for employees- communication, honesty, respect, balance, open to advise etc.

3. "Boss"

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

Long commute, no food trucks

"Six in one hand, Half dozen in the other"

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

Good Benefits - At the lower level most of the worker bee's are pleasant enough.

Cons

Some of the management needs to catch up to the times. Mid-level management fails to share important information with the people who are actually performing the job. Often the workers are sent on a wild goose chases only to have manager say, "you didn't understand what I asked you to do." If you're not part of the in crowd you're ignored! Favoritism is out of control. If you ask an intelligent question you get an answer like the title of this review.

Advice to Management

Upper management and Human Resources needs to evaluate the people below them. There are many good and knowledgeable people in their respective field who outshine their managers but are repressed for that reason. I have noticed there are a few people who require assistance in the correct way to write an email. They're loaded with !!! ??? /// ... and incorrect spelling of the word Thanks. (Thanx) This is supposed to be a professional company! Right the wrongs that have been committed and move on.

"Old Ideas, Old Fleet, Irrelevant and Stubborn"

I have been working at TRAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k if you are there long enough to be vested. Big bonuses at exec level.

Cons

The company continues to concentrate efforts into a failing business segment. Focus is on short term deals that lead to nice executive bonuses.
    Executives are encouraged to battle their peer group, creating a highly charged political environment that permeates every level in the organization.

Advice to Management

Need to flip execs, freshen up,

6. "Old timer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. There are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Need to play politic for advancement.

Advice to Management

Apply company valves to your employees not just you customers.

"Toxic Tendencies"

Current Employee - Ops in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Ops in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are diminishing by the day, but there can be some good camaraderie between employees when the company, executive level, doesn't try to get you to fight against each other. The benefits package is good, but due to the realities of the world right now I think that won't be as exemplary as it is now come January 2018.

Cons

The company is stuck in the 90s-early 00s when it comes to their mentality about productivity. The COO acts like he has no time to finish reading someone's full sentence of an explanation. All they care about is "data". I put data in quotes because in this industry most "data" begins written down on a piece of paper. The data is garbage. Focus more on what is obviously happening around you rather than sitting there UATing garbage reports all day. This company will never be a company that can rely on BI because we have NO CONTROL over our data sources. COO needs to stop publicly shaming people by asking them only questions he already knows the - unsatisfactory - answer to. If our COO is high-level attention span only at 35,000 feet, the CEO is in lower earth orbit with inoperable radios. The guy is so anti-social and out of touch it's incredible. Stop dwelling on finding people to lay off, you're killing their productivity and quality of work by killing their morale. The company is doing well financially overall - stop acting like a gambling addict and quit trying to fire people while you're ahead. Executives need to learn to listen more, stop calling everything anecdotal (your data is such garbage that everything you say is anecdotal yourself), stop acting like you're in the movie 1984 and scientific management will solve everything. Work life balance is not at all appreciated here - busy bragging is fashionable. I can't really put much more here without identifying myself - this place is not a place where you should speak loudly.

Advice to Management

Read the cons - I tried to give some pointers there. Refresh the executives. Our executives didn't have the greatest reputation in their prior lives either. The arrogance really needs to be tempered. You get the impression their thoughts on wrench turners and other blue collar people is that they're throwaway people. You don't get a $250,000+ package by being a decent person. Need clearer empowerment of managers to make decisions without fear of getting walked out of the building. So many decent managers know how to do their jobs but the recent drive to standardize everything for our new computer system is something I think the benefits of have been greatly overstated. The estimate of the benefit provided is based on so many factors out of this company's control. Meetings are useless because everything is decided by the big man. Save the hour of oxygen, it's not worth talking about anything here.

"Stinks from the top!"

Former Employee - Executive in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am required to provide 5 words. Benefits I guess?

Cons

Worst place I've worked in my career. Management is unprofessional and classless. HR useless and simply a pawn of management. PE owner should have fired CEO long ago. Not sure why he's still there. Been 6+ years. No IPO. No sale. Now they are selling company off piecemeal. Not sure why employees stay there. Benefits? Place is toxic.

Advice to Management

Leave Keith. You've had your chance and failed.

"You will not be happy."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice building to work in

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing. Senior people like to yell and can't be trusted. Atmosphere is of doom and gloom. Favoritism & hiring for friends of the big wigs. Field people and people who work in other locations are great and work with you but home office management is arrogant.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your buddies who do not know the business. Keep the people who do.

"Not worth the daily headache!"

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Managers you work for walk past you everyday and don't speak, even when they are spoken to.
    Managers and most of the employees are not friendly unless you are a part of the gossiping "in crowd" if not your time there will be very miserable.
    Managers DO NOT respect the people under them.
    You only advance up if you know someone or if they like you.
    They are not flexible with your time at all.

Advice to Management

The people that work for you help your company run. Treat them like humans and don't be so quick to look down on them if they don't come from the same background as you! Treat all employees the same! Rules should apply to all not just the ones you DO NOT like for whatever the reason. Reviews should be done on the managers and team leads, because what goes on with the bottom part of management is just insane with how they treat those under them. Also, if someone is having an issue the entire company should not know their business.