TRAC Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
TRAC President & CEO Keith Lovetro
Keith Lovetro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good compensation, Good benefits, Dynamic atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• The people here are great and I genuinely enjoy coming to work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is limited to no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• One major complaint: No tuition reimbursement which could be frustrating for those who want to better their careers, but cannot afford it (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Back on Trac for 2017"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k
    Cafe Trucks come right on time
    Great People

Cons

No cons to think of

"used to be good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, co-workers,work schedule, convenient location

Cons

Value your employees at lower level

Feb 15, 2017 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Good to hear that you found many positives during your time with TRAC. We value every employee, at every level. This was one of the topics we covered at our recent... More

"Agree w prior few unfavorable reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New corporate building is nice. 401K match is very good. Willingness to invest in technology.

Cons

The company had a few good years of sustained growth but the main drivers are over including purchases from shipping companies, the switch from term to pool contracts, and switch from billing shipping companies to billing trucking companies. Also the industry trend of switching to gray or market pools looks unfavorable financially. With the end of the growth, I felt the collaboration between departments was becoming very weak and management styles were becoming hostile.

Advice to Management

Review quality of management at all levels and make changes when reviews are continuously poor. Explain what the plan for growth is and don't just say it's "logistics" without defining what that means.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for working for this company.

Cons

Completely unprofessional and incompetent management. There is a complete lack of training and your supervisor probably does not know how to do your job. My supervisor probably knows how to do less than 50% of the billing we perform. I have gone above and beyond my job description and performed by job more efficiently and faster than employees who have worked here for years. They do not care about performance though. If you have to step out to take a phone call, want to smoke a cigarette or show up 5 minutes late even once they will not like you.(Even though you do your job faster than everyone else and we receive two 15 minute breaks) They have their group of favorites who parade around the building and laugh with them and they look down upon everyone else that works here. I have worked for over 15 companies and this is by far the worst and most unprofessional one that I have ever worked for. They will lie to you by saying there is room for growth with different positions and better salaries to keep you content. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

A complete overall of all the managers on the first floor. Train your employees and treat them with respect....or at least pretend to. That is not very difficult.

Feb 15, 2017 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you do not see any pros for working at TRAC. That’s unusual, but I appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know your thoughts... More

"TRAC Intermodal"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at TRAC (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits; Flexible, some people are great to work with there

Cons

Lack of knowledge by management, lack of proper training, lack of management skills, can be a hostile work environment, lack of leadership

Advice to Management

Do better!

Feb 15, 2017 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Good to hear that you appreciate TRAC’s benefits and flexibility. Your comments regarding management and leadership are fairly broad. We do know from our September... More

"THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at TRAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Transportation Industry is an action packed, amazing, dynamic environment.
    Working with Class I Railroads, Steamship Lines and Motor Carriers as part of the Global Supply Chain provides infinite possibilities and great opportunities for achievement.

Cons

The CEO has cultivated (hand picked)an inner circle of "bobbing heads". I've witnessed firsthand, once thoughtful, creative and energetic senior leaders, become soul-less, idea-less and scariest of all, expression-less marionettes that march to the tune of a "leader" who is at times, severely misguided in his calculations and understanding of the transportation industry.

Remember, this is a man who failed terribly as the EVP of Marketing in the package industry (DHL Express, hired December 2006. DHL shut down December 2008). Tapped for expanding the US Market, DHL was not able to compete effectively with both UPS and FedEx, where Lovetro had prior experience, but was unable to create any Marketing momentum.

The soul of TRAC is manifested from the CEO, who allows for zero debate or constructive dialogue once his mindset is determined. I have actually heard senior leaders say (many times), "we know this is a bad business decision, but this is what Keith wants."

Whatever happened to "creative freedom" and "trust in your leadership team"?

Lovetro has effectively "shut down" any input from his leadership team and has micro-managed TRAC into a "growth by acquisition" "ready-fire-aim" chassis management company.

Can we talk about communication? In a word: FUNNELS

How about the companies Core Values?
    Funny thing about Core Values. If they're NOT promulgated from the top down, they hold no value. Here are some actual TRAC Core Values;

CUSTOMER-CENTRIC: I can show you 5,000-7,000 Motor Carriers who would be in serious disagreement with this notion that TRAC is "customer-centric". See Billing, invoices, Accuracy

HIGH SERVICE QUALITY: "repair-to-demand" is not representative of high service quality. esp in an industry that is as dynamic as moving freight across America.

HIGH SENSE OF URGENCY: EVERYTHING that happens must go across the CEO's desk, where it is paralyzed from over-analysis, PowerPointed to death and then, ultimately, the CEO, based on his limited and non-experiential bias', green lights or kills the idea.

NIMBLE: OK, I'm sorry, I just threw up in my mouth.

DOES WHAT'S RIGHT: 100% true if it's "right" in the CEO's purview. The problem here is that you have a non transportation person leading a company that interfaces with major transportation companies, who are run by seasoned, "real world experienced" transportation pros.
    -----------------------------------
    emails have long replaced face-to-face dialogue. Sadly, CYA via a serpentine web of email correspondence has replaced actual, meaningful results that come about when FEAR is not the pervasive underlying culture.

The Emperor Has No Clothes because the leadership is locked into their gilded cages and exhibit a complete and total inability to "do what's right", even if that means strong dialogue with a CEO who is not truly in touch with the "pulse" of the industry. (see current stats for Freight Recession vs. TRAC 2016 Budget). These two items are completely misaligned.

I've witnessed incompetency promoted and truthful authenticity chastised.

I've seen the intellectually rich personnel asset that WAS TRAC diminished into a morale-bankrupt collective of Managers and Senior Managers whose creative instincts are tarnished by the hue-less colors of the CEO's mindset.

Heb Kelleher (a Jersey guy !!!) was famous for spending time "in the trenches" with his employee. EVERY single employee at Southwest Airlines loved him. And guess what? While many of the airlines were failing, Southwest continued to soar profitably and with great morale. His simple Mission Statement for Southwest was: "Work Hard and Have Fun Doing it".

Jack Welch, Sir Richard Branson, Warren Buffett.....these great leaders are the anti-thesis of what TRAC's CEO embodies. They all value their leadership teams and they all are approachable.

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES
    CAVEAT EMPTOR

Advice to Management

Take back your ability to create, evolve and make decisions. Don't be afraid. You work in an amazing industry and you're being "bullied" into poor decision by a CEO whose ego is nothing but self-centered fear run wild. Put an end to the insanity and be your authentic self. You all know what is "right". The reason you're all walking around with a glazed look in your eyes is because you are allowing someone to diminish your internal assets that made you who you are.

Sep 7, 2016 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review. Although I don’t agree with some of your broad brush characterizations, you obviously gave this a lot of thought. We are always willing to consider and reflect on all... More

"Amazing job out of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at TRAC full-time

Pros

The employees at TRAC are amazing. The managers at TRAC are always willing to teach their employees and ensure that they are given the tools to succeed. TRAC is the ideal company that a recent college graduate should work for. The work is fast paced and interesting. The company is changing so there is real opportunity for growth. TRAC believes in keeping quality employees, so they offer great benefits and pay.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard and keep up in a fast pace environment, you will not last at TRAC.

Advice to Management

Work on eliminating gossip in the workplace.

Feb 15, 2017 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. Good to hear that you are thriving in our fast paced environment and can see growth opportunity ahead. Glad that you joined the TRAC team and I wish you great success... More

"Good company"

Former Employee - Vendor Compliance Associate in Pennington, NJ
    Former Employee - Vendor Compliance Associate in Pennington, NJ

I worked at TRAC (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving, good company to work for.

Cons

Under-resourced field staff needs greater support.

Sep 1, 2016 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your Review. I’m glad to see that you enjoy the TRAC pace! Fast growing companies sometimes get stretched for resources- which can be a good challenge (how can we do things smarter... More

"Finance/Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Don't work for this company

Cons

Terrible working environment. No Values or culture.

Sep 1, 2016 – VP Human resources

Thank you for your review. As I have noted in other responses, we are a work in progress, and we are still on the journey to becoming a great company. It’s unfortunate that your experience is so far... More

"the worst manager that I've ever had before at there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Pros

The manager that was very disorganized. when given an assignment, he always delegated the work by oral without paper , later he was changed mind like he change the shirt at morning.

Cons

Compensation & Benefits OK, IT it infrastructure is good.

Advice to Management

should give employees the opportunity to review the performance of the manager

Sep 1, 2016 – VP Human resources

Hi, thank you for the review. We look to provide an excellent benefit package, and are happy that you agree. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your manager. Our Annual Employee... More