Talent Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kimberly K. Rath

"All things considered, it's a very good place to work"

Current Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time

Pros

+ Great coworkers who are enthusiastic and (mostly) hard-working
    + Unlimited vacation policy is fantastic
    + Extremely meaningful work with great clients who are driven by a philosophy of excellence
    + I have been able to shape my job so that I am able to do what I do best every day; however, this does not seem to be true for everyone (people simply need to be more proactive with their careers - if you kick butt at what you do, leadership will recognize this and make accommodations for you)
    + Amazing chef with great food options
    + They really take the time and effort to celebrate successes and help you work around your weaknesses

Cons

+ Some leadership decisions are highly questionable, but mostly they're good
    + A few employees seem very negative, though they have been leaving (good turnover)
    + Work ethic is not quite what it used to be, but given how crazy people's schedules used to be, I'm ok with this!

Advice to Management

Factor in experience a bit more into hiring and promotional decisions -- it's not all about talent. Also, some corporate goals seem very unrealistic; challenging goals are good, impossible goals are not! Up your compensation to be more competitive in the HR industry. I could literally go to almost any other consulting firm and make $10,000 to $20,000 more per year. I stay because I believe in what we do, love what we do, and have great friends at work, but this average pay does hurt our ability to recruit industry subject matter experts.

"It's all Hoopla"

Former Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, employees do work very hard to service customers needs. Because Talent Plus is so small it can have an advantage over bigger competitors when it comes to servicing customers.

Cons

Talent Plus touts itself as a great place to work...really! The retention of employees is terrible, most employees that are their are trying to secretly leave. They put on a great show for guests but it is all fluff! They have a daily activity called formation and most people can't stand it because it is the same people talking every day.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring people who will challenge ownership to create positive change.

"Lala Land"

Current Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employee base is generally nice. The clients we get to work with are great. The food served is good and the building is kept up and it is nice. We work hard to have events that bring people together.

Cons

We need true I.O. psychologists in here. We tend to hire young people with PhD's (maybe one or two on staff) that likely require nominal salaries. We need true I.O. psychologists who understand this industry and could validate our assessments.

The leadership is weak. The people that stay or survive the longest will get promoted. If you are a "yes" person you can make it here.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to hire leaders who truly have done great things in their careers at other organizations. If we are ever going to grow we need to bring in fresh ideas.

"Isn't what it used to be.."

Former Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The coworkers were some of the best, a family. Many of the clients were wonderful and a great partnership. The flexible schedule is good for balance and families. People would pitch in and help for anything before the culture changed.

Cons

(As of my departure, things sound even worse today but not included in my comments)The leadership continues to not practice what they preach. The business decisions are real head scratchers. Large frivolous expenses while laying off associates. Business acumen of top leadership is lacking and they only put people in charge that won't go against the founders. It may be too late for new blood to right the ship.

"Not great"

Former Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome! Clients are great! The kitchen/lunch/chef are fantasticm

Cons

CEO is clueless. Board of directors are lost. No real HR experience, just big picture so sometimes it's hard to help clients with real problems they face. A lot of turn-over

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!

"The emporer has no clothes"

Former Employee - Leadership Consultant in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Leadership Consultant in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The majority of associates at Talent Plus are friendly and willing to help new employees succeed in their roles. Flexible work schedules based on individual needs.

Cons

They do not practice what they preach in terms of an engaged workforce. Leadership pressures employees to provide positive feedback so they can receive best places to work awards. Management is largely inept and criticism from employees is simply not tolerated. Those who speak out mysteriously disappear and management can be quite vindictive. Compensation an benefits are way below industry averages.

Advice to Management

Sell the company so it can grow and be successful.

"Extremely Political"

Former Employee - "Associate" in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - "Associate" in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The associates are amazing - built relationships and friendships that will stand the test of time. The building is lovely. The clients are world class.

Cons

Extremely political. Its like an episode of Survivor with the number of backdoor alliances and personal vendettas forming and changing daily. While claiming to be a "great place to work" with an open and positive culture the amount of whispering and calculating going on behind closed doors is mind boggling.

Advice to Management

Stop smelling your own perfume. Take a business class. It is 2016, not 1998. Stop living in the past or you will be just that a distant memory.

"Management has zero business accumen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Will celebrate at the drop of the hat. Flexible hours/days. Everyone is "nice". Building is beautiful.

Cons

They don't know how to run a profitable business. It's more important that the company is perceived as successful. Passive aggressive leadership team. Friends and family can do no wrong. Management speaks daily about values that are not put into practice.

Advice to Management

If you want the company to survive, quit.

"Did not practice what they preach"

Former Employee - Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to travel and work with well known clients, good at developing younger associates, make great friends.

Cons

The owners did not always practice what they preach and they do not deal well with stress. Talent Plus is very good at marketing themselves although many of us who have worked there roll our eyes with all of the press about best places to work stuff.

"Clients and co-workers are outstanding - that's about it."

Former Employee - Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great clients - able to help others grow and develop, the opportunity to learn about many different industries. What you learn working there will be applicable forever.

Cons

The senior leadership behave inappropriatly much of the time. Their interest seems to be in how much money they can make themselves.

If you offer any suggestions to improving employee morale or benefits and one of the senior leaders believe it to be a knock to the company, look out! Your days are numbered and I would not recommend putting them down as a reference!!

It can seem "cultish".

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!!