Talent Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 19, 2019

3.1
Kimberly K. Rath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An engaging workplace"

Former Employee - Business Development in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Business Development in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive and cohesive environment

Cons

Limited products to cater to market needs.

"Toxic Culture, Bullying - All Smoke and Mirrors - STAY AWAY."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the lunch room has good food.

Cons

Where do I even begin, the leadership in this organization has absolutely no vision. Catty, judgmental, toxic people who tend to show a lot of favoritism towards the younger employees. The wages are ridiculously low, the clients leave as fast as the people who figure out the game they play. All the awards and parties are trying to put a bandage on a broken company. I wouldn't step foot in this company if I could do it all over again. As a matter of fact, I am on the hunt for a new role as are about 5 of my colleagues.

Advice to Management

New leadership is truly in order. Nothing changes when nothing changes. Grow some vision, learn how to engage your associates. Your recruiting efforts are so poor, and the candidate experience is even poorer. Good luck hiring top talent. You have got to step into the modern world of work. You are truly, so so far behind.

"Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clients are great partners but don’t last long.

Cons

Leadership lacks sincerity and business acumen.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Finance in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture at Talent Plus is welcoming and the leadership promotes ownership. We take pride in our core values and our leaders genuinely care about people and are dedicated to the welfare of its associates. Talent Plus is a fun environment to work and the leaders are very supportive. I have worked in the Finance Department for nearly 30 years. I have continually been given opportunities to build my knowledge base and grow. I enjoy the wonderful people I work with, our great clients, and I am proud to be a part of this amazing company.

Cons

A few employees have a poor outlook, but they are leaving. To see a few negative reviews is unfortunate. This usually happens when a person is no longer with a company and carries bitterness.

Advice to Management

Continue to clearly define where and how we want to grow.

"Talent Plus is a great place to work! I have made my career here, and I am proud to call TP my home."

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time

Pros

Associates. The associates are great! They genuinely care about each other, and they work hard. They pull their weight and come through for each other and for clients. Our clients often say that the #1 separator between us and our competitors is our customer service, which is true inside the company too. I consider many Talent Plus associates, current and former, some of my best friends. Sure, not everyone gets along all the time, but for the most part, it is a great culture.

Leaders. Talent Plus's approach to work is excellent as well. The company allows for a strong work-life balance. Furthermore, the leaders take a servant-leader approach. They work right along side of us and are generous with their time and energy. They are flexible with our career paths and encourage employees to continually learn and adapt to changes in the industry or to pursue new work opportunities.

President. Aside from being a strong leader, the president, Kimberly Rath, would give the shirt off her back, and welcome into her home, any associate--regardless of tenure--who is facing a challenge or needs someone to talk to.

Cons

I'm upset. I have read some of the comments on this page. I rarely get involved in gossip, but I do recognize a few of the people who have left comments. Talent Plus has a very low turnover rate, but when turnover happens--say for sub-par performance--then it may lead to hurt feelings. The true "cons" here are that some of the reviews simply do not reflect the company or the people who work here.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire innovative people and grow the sales team.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time

Pros

#1 great people. Very high overall engagement. The owners and senior leaders are very caring and very generous with their time, talent, and dollars.

Cons

As the companies hires very talented and driven associates, those with less drive can tend to not fit into the culture.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on long-term goals. Continue to believe your associates are your #1 asset and they will continue to prove it.

"Not all what it seems"

Current Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Associate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The associates! The people with whom I work are awesome and I know I'm going to be friends with them forever!
    The kitchen is great.

Cons

The turnover is high! For a company that touts selecting the right person, they hire young people they can manipulate and have no real-life HR experience.
    The atmosphere is like being in a cult.
    No opportunity for growth or promotion of you're not related to the owner.

Advice to Management

Hire people with real life HR experience and LISTEN to everyone not just a select few.

"Given the Choice Between Talent Plus and a Seasick Crocodile I'd take the Seasick Crocodile"

Pros

Disclaimer: This review is based on my memory of my time at Talent Plus. It may not represent the current cultural landscape of the organization.

What is there to say about my time at Talent Plus? Talent Plus is basically Scientology, but without the good marketing and Tom Cruise. I was not sure if I wanted to work at Talent Plus given most of the negative reviews I had read online and the company’s general reputation within the community. Very few people in Lincoln have positive things to say about Talent Plus.

There are some legitimately wonderful people at Talent Plus. The food is good and some of the people are legitimately great. The pay is sufficient, but the benefits leave a lot to be desired. The vacation is not truly unlimited, and the profit sharing doesn't really amount to much when you consider that most employees are already being underpaid. Now, there are many things I'd like to mention in this review; however, given Glassdoor's policy against mentioning anyone but the public face of the company (AKA the listed president of the company) so, I will keep my criticisms focused.

Cons

The president of the company perpetuates a toxic and unhealthy work environment. Multiple employees have left the organization and refused to tell anyone where they were going because they were scared that Talent Plus would sabotage their new careers. It is, in my opinion, a toxic work environment. Talent Plus is like Scientology; however, unlike Talent Plus, Scientology will probably be around in a decade.

I cannot state this clearly enough: it is a toxic work environment. Gossip, politics, and outright lies are all commonplace. These lies and rumors may be started, or perpetuated, by management as a means of making former employees look bad.

Nepotism and favoritism are so prevalent at Talent Plus it’s almost a parody of itself. Of course, Talent Plus is a private company and can hire or promote whoever they want, but an employee’s relationship with the face of the company does frequently seem to take precedence over an employee’s competence. Promotional decisions rarely make sense within the context of the organization and hardly ever pertain to an employee's level of competence.

The company spends a ridiculous amount of money on frivolous nonsense. Again, I’d like to emphasize that Talent Plus is a private company and can spend whatever money on whatever frivolous nonsense it wants, but the amount of resources dedicated to the company’s obsession with pageantry defied belief. The company pays for massive parties, huge Christmas trees, and various seasonal decorations. .

There are very few shared skillsets, which makes collaboration within and among teams nearly impossible. Nobody knows the same programs, writes the same code, or knows the same math. Sure, an employee can pass an assessment, but that assessment means literally nothing when they are unable perform the basic functions required for them to succeed in their role. The biggest issue here is that the people making hiring decisions have very little understanding of what sort of skillsets an employee should possess.

The executives make decisions based on short-term monetary gain rather than long-term strategy. As a hypothetical, Talent Plus will join in a partnership with a third-party company as a means of attracting a large client. Integrating this new company into Talent Plus’s systems will likely require a lot of money and time, thus negating the potential revenue gained from the client. These business decisions are pointless exercises in futility and a further demonstration of the executive team’s inability to learn from their mistakes.

Most people at Talent Plus know that they are viewed as completely expendable. While management talks a big game about how much they care, employees have seen countless employees fired and humiliated and then instantly replaced as if they had never existed in the first place. Talking about former employees is almost treated as taboo. My earlier comparison to Scientology was exceptionally apt with regard to how Talent Plus treats its former employees.

As a final point: most of the positive reviews on the Glassdoor page are posted by talent Plus employees, and most negative reviews are reported by Talent Plus. In my experience, clear majority of people do not leave Talent Plus on good terms. Many of the employees who quit only do so because they understand that they’re going to be fired and they want to leave with some semblance of dignity. Talent Plus likely deserves the abysmal glassdoor reviews its managed to cultivate over the years, yet the company will boldly spring into action to defend Talent Plus like a hillbilly forced to climb a water tower with a can of paint to defend his sister’s honor. I’d rather be unemployed than work for Talent Plus.

Advice to Management

Accept that there are consequences for your actions. You treat people negatively and they post negative reviews. This is life.

"Truly a great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong culture, great people, the work is exceptionally meaningful. Great benefits and the company is growing. I've never worked somewhere as dynamic and caring.

Cons

They may be trying to grow too fast, but they're aware of the struggles that come with this.

Advice to Management

Listen to associates

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, good benefits, generous owners, good people

Cons

Small company that has less options for vertical moves. Some negative people spreading incorrect rumors.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the long horizon, don't get bogged down on the daily sunrise and sunset.