Think Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Think Company Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2018

4.9
Think Company CEO Russ Starke (no image)
Russ Starke

"Feels more like a family; they treat and respect you like a human being :)"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Think Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was cynical that everyone was drinking the Kool Aid even shortly after I joined, but the "core values" are legit, not just fancy marketing bull. They are taken to heart by the leadership and employees, and is very much a part of the culture and identity of Think. There's an inherent pride in sticking to and representing those core values to clients (especially to difficult clients!). There's even an award presented every Quarter to the person most voted for exemplifying those values. The leadership is humble -- ego is just not a thing with them. They are easily accessible, transparent, and encouraging, not stingy with praise for individuals or the company at large when there's a win (big or small) worth noting. There's a whole #ftw Slack channel for just that purpose. Employees use it regularly to celebrate one another. It's awesome. Unlimited PTO is pretty badass, although to be honest I don't take advantage of it as much. But that's just me. :) This is not a company for people just looking for a "job." Yes, I'm listing that as a "Pro". Think is quite selective and ... well, thoughtful, about the people they hire, looking for more than just experience and skill -- they evaluate a person's character and personality as a huge part of the equation. They're more likely to hire someone who is skilled and honest about what they DON'T know, but takes initiative expanding their knowledge, than a seasoned braggart who talks down to people and blames others for failures. :) It's a great system -- people who exhibit the same values work harmoniously together, maintain the same goals for clients, and keeps internal conflict to a minimum, if at all.

Cons

Employees who work on-site at clients' offices don't get to really benefit from the in-house Think Company office vibe on the daily. The days that we do get to work in-house feels like coming home; everyone smiles and welcomes you like they really missed you.

Think Company2018-09-15

"Every company talks the talk. Think Company walks the walk."

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Think Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Think company is a mid-sized (and growing!) design and develop consultancy that claims to value and support their employees. EVERY company claims to value and support their employees. And Think actually does. I've found thinkers to be smart, diligent, caring, and committed to their work and each other. Think lives its values. The work is challenging, I'm learning, and I feel supported by my follow workers.

Cons

As Think grows, offices are bursting at the seams. That's a good problem to have, and the company is working on it.

Advice to Management

The Think formula is to do great work by treating your employees well. That doesn't mean foosball and paying lip service to "a work hard, play hard culture" (ugh!) -- that means taking folks seriously, supporting them, and keeping folks emotionally safe. Think does a great job of that.

Think Company2018-07-26
  3. "An excellent company full of caring people"

I have been working at Think Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your co-workers are the best at what they do. They care, and they want their clients to excel. Everywhere you're surrounded by people who can only be described as kind and compassionate.

Cons

As the company grows and the team becomes more distributed,

Advice to Management

Keep fostering the culture that you have! That's going great. Consider more cross-discipline mingling to avoid getting silo'd.

Think Company2017-10-05
  4. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Think Company part-time

Pros

Good people to work with, easy to talk to.

Cons

Very disorganized, training not great.

Advice to Management

Invest time in training

Think Company2017-07-30
  5. "A Company That Lives Its Values"

Current Employee - Senior Experience Designer in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Think Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Think Brownstone has exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a warm, friendly environment where I could do my work. I got all of that and more. I got a company that knows who it is (friendly, volunteer-minded) but is still willing to grow and learn. A company that has its onboarding game down (more important than you might realize). A company that has open, easy to use tools (loving Slack in particular). A company that has great people who I connected with immediately. I went to the company picnic, for example, which in most places is a dreadful affair where you look at your watch and find the two or three people you actually want to talk to and then leave, but in this case it was like a reunion of old friends where any conversation I found myself in was a welcome one. The other day, my wife said, "I'm glad you found your people" and I feel like I have. From a work perspective, the work has been challenging but the collaborative, supportive approach of the teams I've been on has been a boost, and I've felt increasingly comfortable taking more of a leadership role on projects. In addition I've enjoyed the way in which my penchant for giving talks have been not only encouraged but enabled from being invited to speak at UXD Summit to being approached about new opportunities like the O'Reilly conference.

Cons

I prefer to do things in person and we have multiple studios and remote clients so that's not always possible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Start to think about how to define a Think Brownstone "community" that includes employees, clients, potential employees, potential clients, like-minded organizations and individuals and how to serve that community.

Think Company2016-12-01
  6. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Think Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Respectful and collegial company culture. Regardless of "rank" all ideas and contributions are respected. It's also a really fun place to be. We work hard, but we have a good time too. Lots of interesting and diverse work, growing company, and awesome workspaces.

Cons

As we start to grow beyond a mid-sized company, there are some growing pains with regards to time-off policies. We are getting to the place where we aren't able to be quite as flexible as we used to be, and we are trying to figure out how to do that.

Advice to Management

None

Think Company2016-04-10

"Best Place I've Ever Worked, Hands-Down"

I have been working at Think Company full-time

Pros

Incredible team and talent, and the growing diversity and complexity of project work keeps things very interesting. Great work environment(s) and benefits. No matter what happens on a day to day basis, you always know that this company has its heart in the right place. A genuinely good, upstanding employer.

Cons

While there's a general trend of promoting from within and providing career paths for people so they don't have to leave the company to grow, there are times when you can hit a ceiling when you're "waiting in line" for an opportunity to become available. Also could get better at communicating reasons for certain business decisions (i.e. personnel changes, etc.) internally.

Advice to Management

Make sure to maintain (maybe even better strike) the balance between a focus on everyday, tactical excellence and achieving the long term goals you've communicated to the company. Aside from that, keep doing what you're doing. I know that in particular, maintaining the culture as you grow is a constant concern...but you've got something organically special here, don't overthink it.

Think Company2016-02-10

"Great place, great people, great work"

I have been working at Think Company full-time

Pros

Working with a passionate group of talented people Interesting projects Always an opportunity to learn Continued growth

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to get hired

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Think Company2015-12-16

"Great company"

I have been working at Think Company

Pros

This is a great place for passionate, curious, hardworking people to learn and grow in a supportive environment. I love coming into work every day, and I love that employees are empowered enough to see their contributions adding value.

Cons

Since the interviewing and vetting process tends to be longer and more challenging for some prospects, getting a foot in the door can take time and patience.

Advice to Management

You're building a great team and a solid culture!

Think Company2015-11-25

"I LOVE working here!"

in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Think Company

Pros

The culture at Think Brownstone is exceptional. The staff is comprised of gifted and passionate designers/developers and a management team that is truly compassionate, professional, and experienced.

Cons

New employees need to hit the ground running. There is no formal training at Think Brownstone and therefore is not the best place to land if you're fresh out of college with limited to no real work experience.

Advice to Management

You're doing a wonderful job motivating, inspiring and attracting stellar employees.

Think Company2015-06-23