ThinkTank Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 7, 2019

3.1
Steven Ma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Upper Management does not withold information from employees which I feel is very respectful of them" (in 6 reviews)

• "The best part about this job is that I work at home 10 months out of a year, and I get to decide my own daily working schedule" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "CEO, and by extension, upper management" (in 8 reviews)

• "This may be due to high turnover in the organization which isn't unique to this organization or this industry" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast changing and growing Educational company with Wall Street business mentality"

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incentives and room to grow. You're selling something that no one else has (Guaranteed Top College Admissions). If you're willing to work and learn what they want to teach, then there is a lot of opportunity to make a decent amount of money. Plus they may go public so there's that.

Cons

It's growing pretty quickly and many changes are happening according to the market, so what you are currently being trained on might not be relevant anymore by the time you going back to work.

Advice to Management

Company wide chatroom so that messages are received instantaneously and replies can be seen in real time

"A Caring Company"

Current Employee - Instructor Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good office environment. Staffs are all very friendly and helpful. All of the people really care about their students. Opportunity to work at home. All of the teachers love teaching their students. In addition, company provides all of the national paid holidays.

Cons

A little far away from my home.

3. "Employees are nice"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to grow

Cons

Ok paid for the job

"Top-notch service and culturally caring and supportive"

Current Employee - Consultant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working here, you will find a best built consultant team. There's a lot of variety and diversity in consultants' background but people are always willing to learning from each other. Resource sharing is ongoing and everyone's learning curve is at all time high! Colleagues are always caring and supportive.

Cons

For the second half of year, consultant's work can be very busy. But as long as you have the right mentality and a real educator spirit, there shouldn't be any problem. For the company direction, since it's transforming to an online business, some of the old rules don't apply any more. But new regulations and policies put through are working out and will benefit on the long term.

"Great work life balance, flexible schedule, working with great students"

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Education Consultant in Tracy, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work as an education consultant. The best part about this job is that I work at home 10 months out of a year, and I get to decide my own daily working schedule. 62K full-time salary with benefits isn't bad for where I am.

Cons

Less camaraderie because we consultants all work at home

Advice to Management

Provide more continuous training would be nice for staff development
    Communicate more with your employees about upper management's direction

"Deceiftful company and no room for growth"

Current Employee - Advising Counselor in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Advising Counselor in Fresno, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch during first week of training. Family owned business, people are friendly here.

Cons

I was hired under the false pretense that the company is growing and switching it's center based tutoring and education consultation services to online services for better quality and work life balance of the employees. In the beginning, it looked promising. It turns out that during the past year, they've closed down 5 locations in the bay area and 1 in New York, including staffs worked at these locations due to their financial hardship. I see my coworkers get laid off every other week or their hours got reduce in order for the company to save money. There is no job security or room for growth here because this company is in bad shape. The CEO of this company is usually not in HQ office because he wants to avoid the angry parents asking for overdue refunds for the service that Thanktank Learning had not delivered due to their force closure of these tutoring centers. Business has not grown and upper management's role is figuring out who to let go in order to save budget during their smoking break. Each week, I was told by my manager to sell as much MCP or guarantee college admission packages as possible to help the company balance out it's "financial" situation, but they never provided enough tool or training. I had to use my own laptop because the company equipment is either broken or slow. They moved the offices couple of times due to lack of budget and we don't have a permanent desk in the office. I've had 3 different managers so far and this is how fast of the turn over rate in this company. We were told by the upper management to leave a good review for the company on glassdoor to up their poor reviews rating. theThey are cheating the hard earned money out of those innocent parent's pocket by providing out dated and low quality services that can be easily obtained online. Unless you are in need of sponsorship, I really wouldn't recommend to work for this company.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your employees and run it like a real company!

"Lot of potential to have growth in career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart co-workers, huge exciting growth, fantastic field of teaching environment. Feel proud to be part of Thinktank learning.

Cons

Communication is an issue. Very fast in everything.

Advice to Management

Listen and watch more carefully towards employee. 

"Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees have access to incredible training tools/videos/courses free. Extremely hard working leaders who do not sit and watch others work while they do nothing. The upper management and executives often stay as late as necessary to get a task finished, they do not go home until everyone does. Very flexible and understanding on schedules and hours. Strong family environment.

Cons

You must have an eye for detail to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

"Nice and growing educational Institution for students!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ThinkTank Learning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a teacher it is great opportunity to come across with lot young minds. I am very grateful to ThinkTank Learning for giving me this opportunity of working in a friendly environment. I have also earn handsome money during my stay.

Cons

As a growing company they required more time. Basically some errors need to be overlooked, i need to admit they are trying their level to best to be the No. 1.

Advice to Management

Please keep your good work and always trusts on your strength.

"Very negative vibe and unhappy employees"

Former Employee - Center Stuff in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Center Stuff in San Jose, CA

I worked at ThinkTank Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide paid training (minimum wage) before you start the job.

Cons

Office politics and negativities all around the office. Honestly, I feel like no one is happy in this company. Most of the previous employees left the company because office politics; and complained that they don’t feel any appreciation after years of contribution.