Total Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "TSYS"

Current Employee - Quality Control Specialist I in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Specialist I in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Total Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

offers Great health benefits; casual business attire; works with school schedule;

Cons

very unorganized; going through re-structure so many seasoned employees are being laid off and replaced by outside persons; workload to employee ratio is high

Advice to Management

delegate work load to other departments so that a one department is not struggling to complete daily tasks; prioritize so that employees are not advised that everything is needed urgently; organize yourself and be prepared

2. "My Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Total Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, great benefits. Schedules based off of seniority.

Cons

The schedules are not flexible

"Good people, antiquated systems, weak salary"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Pros

The people are friendly, well educated and cooperative. Managers make an effort to acknowledge good work. Coworkers are quick to help out and share knowledge.

Cons

Great benefits don't make up for a bad salary. Working on years-old versions of technologies can be discouraging. Being forced to be on call with no extra pay just makes you think about the poor salary that much more.

Advice to Management

There are quite a few talented people still working there. With the recent upswing in IT recruiting, you should think about how to retain them.

4. "The best of times, the blurst of times"

Former Employee - Analyst/Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Analyst/Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Total Systems full-time

Pros

Just off the bat here, a lot of reviews here seem to be for a completely different company in the US.

Great environment full of banter and jokes, was honestly one of the best jobs I've ever had from this perspective. The management are easy enough to talk to and get in on the joking. Had a bit of a boys club feel to it but we had female employees who got involved and had a laugh too.

To be honest there's not too much bad for me to say about this place because they were very very good to me and I always felt they listened to any issues I had. They can move slowly sometimes to address things but it seems like they were always willing to evolve. Any restrictive policies and or archaic measures they had were already thinning out by the time I left and they were only there because they had been burned by bad employees before.

Overall you'll get exposure to alot of different things if you work hard and you'll have a lot of fun along the way if you can relax from time to time.

The flexi time system they have is pretty great and means you can mould the job around your life very easily.

Cons

Biggest thing is legacy code. This can be a bit suffocating.
    As other reviews have said - too many technical decisions made by management. To be fair though, you could always go and talk it through with them - they might be a bit defensive if you catch them the wrong way or at the wrong time but if you make your case and back it up then they will put their trust in you.

Smart dress code is a little archaic and not necessary.

Advice to Management

Need to get the sales going and try to retain the good developers you have with a bit more investment in salary and technology and training.

5. "full time software developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Total Systems full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours, extra holidays, good location

Cons

strict dress code, no lunch-break facility

6. "Bit of a shambles but very friendly"

Pros

* The people are nice
    * Flexible working hours
    * Small company so you can feel like you are valued

Cons

* Management are pretty out of touch with the staff.
    * Too many programming and software architecture decisions are made by upper management, who have little to no experience with the technology. This results in terrible code and many, many, many bugs.
    * They don't seem to trust their own employees and enforce insanely strict internet policies for what you can do on your work PC.
    * Waterfall project management.

7. "Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in London, England (UK)

Pros

Flexi and low hours. Get upto 35 days off with flexi days. Benefits of a small company. You'll get stuck in with real work.

Cons

No financial benefits i.e pension. Pay isn't brilliant either. There is a bonus scheme but only getting anything if we hit jackpot that year.

Advice to Management

Evolution boys. Big brother management just holds things back and puts focus on the wrong issues.