Transworld Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Laughlin

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is concerned about their own goals (in 5 reviews)

• All sales staff are considered independent contractors (in 4 reviews)

1. "Cash Poster"

Former Employee - Cash Poster in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Cash Poster in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continually learning about new regulations

Cons

Once your written up once they won't hesitate to keep writing you up until your out

Advice to Management

Need to stop favoritism for specific employees and treat all employees equal

2. "How is this place even still in business?"

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time

Pros

The pay was great! Their were a lot of great people that worked there. And training for the most part was extensive.

Cons

Poor upper management
    Played favorites
    Didn't really track any of the team leaders well which is why they ended up letting go of one for illegal activity.
    From what I understand one some of upper management is gone but very pretentious and belittling. They would talk down to you like you were unintelligent.
    Dont lie to your employers faces. When the CEO came in to talk to us, he told us many things that never came to fruition. He talked about job security and that people had nothing to worry about then they starting cutting jobs afterwards.

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper management. Bring in leaders who will inspire workers instead of belittling them. Track the team leaders better and find upper management that won't talk down to employees. Also, pray your upper management doesn't screw up and you lose your DOE contract. Don't lie to your employees because without good motivated employees, your organization will suffer.

3. "B2B outside sales"

Former Employee - B2B Sales Outside Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Outside Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commission if you can get in the door of a customer. I can't think of any pros. Ok, you can work from home on the phone all day.

Cons

This is a telemarketing position. Takes about 260 phone calls to get one appointment. The objection you have to overcome is why should I pay you money for debt collection before you've collected the bad debt. Study the industry before making the commitment.

Advice to Management

Complete restructure, pay telemarketers to to set appointments for good reps who can close deals. How much money are you saving with your current system. Ok, I know it's a lot. Basically getting free telemarketing out of your subcontracted sales reps.

5. "RUN!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Collector in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Collector in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a really good trainer. She was the best part. And the obvious, getting paid on payday. That's it.

Cons

I was a collector. Something im pretty good at and was very excited to get hired here. Interview was easy. Walked out knowing i killed it and git the job. started the following week and then it bagan. Tbe training sucks. They took weeks to tell you the break down of your potential bonus. They give u a nearlt imoossible number to collect for yiu to hit your bonus. only 3 people in the whike office hit there bonus the time that i was employed there. That alone says something. They say unlimited bonus, but it's hard as a needle in a hay stack to hit ur bonus cause the percentage you get from collecting a payment isn't nothing at all. So to reach your goal is nearly impossible. Also everything you learn in training is not what you do out on the floor. The only thing in training that is good is being taught state and federal laws. other then that the way u note an account, method of collecting, and how to navigate the accounts are not totally taught. Also, other collectors can steal your accounts!!! This was unheard of in my previous collection jobs. They need to fix the way They do things about accounts and who it belongs to after a collector contacts a client. They teach you 10 windows to use out of 100. I was excited when I got hired here. I did see alot of bad reviews before starting but didn't pay them any attention. I regret that. The way this company operates on a daily basis is ridiculous. Would NOT recommend working here. EVER. Hated this job so much it made me sick EVERYDAY when I walked in the door, but then when my shift was over and I was leaving I felt great. Just take these reviews avoug this company into consideration before accepting your job offer.

Advice to Management

Update your training to where it matches what will actually be utilized on the floor.
    Find a better way to assign accounts so they are not being stole from other collectors.
    UP THE PAY!! Make the bonus expectations more realistic.

6. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Senior Collections Specialist in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Collections Specialist in Amherst, NY

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people like Stacie, Mark and Lyndsay and Gail

Cons

Horrible structure, poor management, rude employees and bad atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Be kind to employees, fire the bad, rude, late and theifs. Be honest when letting someone go, that you didn't like them and that is the reason your firing them, not for productivity . thank employees and recognize the person for who they are not what you can get for free from a employee

7. "Needs serious help"

Former Employee - Collector in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Collector in Getzville, NY

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We could wear jeans and sneakers

Cons

Management is drama, disrespectful and could care less. They're too worried about getting birthday gifts. The attendance policy SUCKS!!! Managers talking about employees to other employees. Breakroom way TOO small

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Great product. Freedom.

Cons

Management turnover. Lack of Culture. Limited Resources.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"

Former Employee - Collector in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Collector in Horsham, PA

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great bonus if you're able to obtain it

Cons

Wow where do I start, feels like you're working with a boot on your neck, extremely stressful job, HORRIBLE management, very condescending towards employees, HUGH turnover ratio with staff and management, constant system changes before you even begin to learn the current one, no drug test so everybody and their mother works there (literally), RUN RUN RUNNNNNNN!

Advice to Management

create a realistic script

10. "Great opportunity for those that are willing to work for it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Pros

The ability to move up and be rewarded for your accomplishments. You will work hard but it's fun and the people are amazing.

Cons

None to mention. Happy here for over a year so far.

"Commission Only"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor for Sales in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor for Sales in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal freedom! Get to choose your own schedule with no management pressure.

Cons

Must be willing to make lots of calls in person and on the phone just to reach one interested prospect. No such thing as a steady income with commission only sales - unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Offer a base salary to get people started.