KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 156 of over 162 reviews

4.0
Tucows President, CEO, and Director Elliot Noss
Elliot Noss
Pros
  • "flexible hours and work from home days - pretty self-explanatory(in 25 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, nice ppl(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Support can run like a typical call centre(in 7 reviews)

• "The day to day work flow was very repetitive, no room for growth, felt like ground hog day(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Long Term Future

May 6, 2021 - Senior Automation Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, leading edge technologies and overall great opportunity for the long term.

Cons

Fast growth with moderate turnover.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Learn, Great Place to Grow

Apr 1, 2021 - Construction Supervisor in New Castle, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of internal growth opportunity -So many great people here -Growing industry -Good atmosphere. Lots of laughs. The kind of place where you can grab a beer with co-workers after work. -They look out for their employees. -Most employees are salaried and have reasonable work hours.

Cons

-Growing into a full-scale ISP takes time. Things can move slowly sometimes. -Flexibility and cross-training are high priority here. If you're the kind of person that wants to have a specialist job, you might not fit in.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible first work experience

Feb 22, 2021 - Strategy and Operations Associate in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Constant opportunities for feedback/guidance/support from your manager--Tucows has a culture of weekly one-on-ones rather than quarterly or annual performance reviews. -Ultimate flexibility that was baked into the workplace even pre-pandemic. Tucows had a fairly scattered workforce well before March 2020, and things transitioned pretty seamlessly when Google Meet became the only option instead of an occasional option. -Generous benefits and a truly accommodating workplace, where you're encouraged to share what's going on in your life and think about how to best balance with work with the external demands in your life. -My ultimate pro is the work itself--getting to work on the Ting Fiber team has been a dream and it feels incredible to be playing a small part in bringing crazy fast fiber internet to underserved parts of America!

Cons

Depending on your team, the on-boarding can be pretty barebones (focused on company policies, tech set-up, and benefits overviews), without much discussion about how to integrate into the company, interact with people across teams, and use the insane amount of tools involved in our processes. Teams themselves can do a lot of that training, it's just more incumbent on you as the employee to ask questions you don't know people and remind your team while you're new that you're not familiar with every process! The only other "con" I would note is that regardless of how hard Tucows tries to improve communication and encourage socialization across the company, it's simply too big of a company to feel like you'll ever know everyone.

Tucows Response

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! It's much appreciated, and please know that we're constantly improving our processes, so insight like this is super helpful. We know it gets tough connecting in these times, and we're working on more internal social events that can hopefully facilitate better socialization. If you have any suggestions on events you want to see, we'd love to hear about them! Please email us at talktous@tucows.com.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor and Disconnected Leadership

Apr 12, 2021 - Customer Onboarding Agent in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are about the only good thing now and the wage is okay depending on where you get hired.

Cons

I've worked for Tucows for a while now and things have changed drastically for the worst, at least for the fiber internet brand. Ever since there was a change of leadership about a year ago, every tenured advisor has been shafted and opportunities stripped without reason. The company has adopted more of a call center mentality at the detriment of it's employees. Managers are very aggressive and unapologetic especially when it comes to hitting your quota...You won't even get a proper bonus for hitting your quota, just a measly $25 gift card and a pat on the back. Management is very ego driven and it shows, they will blame the entire team or an individual for a mistake instead of trying to fix, correct, and taking ownership of an issue. They also willingly ignore issues if it doesn't benefit them. There's also blatant favoritism among management, if you're not a backscratcher you're not going anywhere even if you've put in a lot of work and time into the company. But if you're new, you will be treated as royalty and given every opportunity possible (which isn't a bad thing) until you fall out of favor. If you've been with the company or brand for a while, you'll be treated as a serf. Worst of all, it's turned into a very competitive environment. There's no more sense teamwork or community. And it's not just me saying this, a lot of colleagues have expressed the same sentiment especially among the tenured advisors. I think management seriously need to take a course in leadership training, because overall these issues fall back onto them and cannot be ignored.

2 people found this review helpful

Tucows Response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your insights. We strive to make sure everyone has an equal opportunity at Tucows, and we value every member of the herd. If we've fallen short on that, please know that this is not how we do business, and we're going to look into your experience further to see how we can better improve. Please reach out to us via TalkToUs@Tucows.com, and we'll connect you with someone on the people team.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Apr 12, 2021 - Senior Manager, Enablement in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just started and I feel so welcomed

Cons

I dont know any yet!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Freedom to take risks and flexible support

Feb 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility -- especially as we've shifted to being fully remote Autonomy Incredible, kind, smart colleagues True focus on wellbeing -- lifestyle spending account & daily mindfulness sessions

Cons

I love being remote but I often wish that I could see my co-workers in person. Hopefully soon!

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid the hype, highly dysfunctional, presents well at first - then ...

Dec 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Legacy domain business is extremely profitable, able to prop up more dysfunctional business units - Flexible working hours (assuming Toronto time) - Hiring is slow, expect several months buffer time

Cons

- Diversity and inclusion still a major problem, hiring a few token women in mid level roles isn't enough. The conservative libertarian CEO was paralyzed during BLM and COVID-19. - Heavy meeting culture, very difficult to find time focused time - expect long hours, regardless of office location. - Compensation is low compared to industry average, usual abuse of uni interns which is popular in GTA. - Only life'ers are trusted at the C suite level, each team has a cherry picked "trusted" ally of the CEO - super unprofessional and heavy nepotism. - Hiring and career advancement is very broken, unclear what HR actually does besides payroll and firing paperwork. - Several fiefdoms, especially on the support & technology arms - no wonder so many major projects have failed. - Tech leads against any modern technology from within the past decade, cloud computing - forget about it.

4 people found this review helpful

Tucows Response

Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time. Rest assured, we’re taking your points seriously and working on improving how we do things. We want to make sure we address the comments you raised, learn from your experience, and do better. Please reach out to us at TalkToUs@Tucows.com; we’d love to hear from you. If you want to remain anonymous, you can submit further feedback here as well: https://bit.ly/TucowsTalkToUs To address some of the points you raised here: - Re: Diversity and Inclusion: We are continually taking on new initiatives to make Tucows a more Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive workplace. We’re proud of the work we’ve done so far, but we recognize that we have A LOT more to do to make sure everyone feels heard and has a safe space to share. - Re: Communication and Work: We are actively working on making the way we communicate and work more efficient. We know constant meetings can get annoying. That’s why we launched and shared the results of an Inclusive Communication Survey. We’re currently finalizing steps in setting up new initiatives that will hopefully make communication at Tucows more inclusive and efficient. - Re: Compensation: Our compensation considers the job role and costs associated with living in a particular location. We also look at things from a total compensation view. We pride ourselves in offering an overall package that includes a competitive market salary, robust health + lifestyle benefits package, generous time-off, stock options, and bonuses (for some roles). - Re: Innovation: We’re continually improving the way we do things, and we encourage everyone to bring suggestions and ideas forward. We try to build a culture where everyone is made to feel safe, welcome, and heard.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, tremendous benefits and lots of time off.

Aug 27, 2020 - Fiber Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is constantly investing into you as an employee. I know they are relatively new to the internet service provider space but they are figuring things out. Even with this "start up" feel, you'll quickly notice things are smooth and by now everything has become ironed out. It's easy to reach out across markets and across different divisions as well if you're curious to know what other people do every day.

Cons

While we do now have some sort of structure to progress in our career at Ting, it's still uncertain what it all looks like. The general feeling from the employees about that seem to be that of doubt as we are kind of the long term experiment here.

Tucows Response

"Thank you so much for your feedback! We provide our employees a wealth of opportunities to take charge of their development and grow their skillsets. We have resources like a learning reimbursement fund, virtual classes and opportunities to participate in cross-functional projects. We understand that sometimes we need a break and want to explore new things. We encourage all employees to reach out to the Learning and Development team if they're looking to spice things up and learn something new!"

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

Jan 9, 2021 - Manager in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture, customer focused, employee friendly

Cons

Pay is not at top of scale

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

So so

Oct 21, 2020 - Fiber Installation Technician in Sandpoint, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Time off almost 5 weeks between vacation and personal time.

Cons

Lower pay compared to other companies

Tucows Response

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We want to take some time to mention that our compensation considers many factors, including aggregating compensation surveys, to ensure we are paying to market. We pride ourselves in offering an overall package that includes a competitive market salary, a robust industry-leading benefits package, stock option distribution to ALL employees, a learning fund and tremendous flexibility in how you accomplish your work. However, we do understand that needs and circumstances change. That's why we implemented a quarterly (on occasion Monthly) salary review to ensure we stay on top of our employee's needs. We're continually improving the way we do things, and we want to hear from you on how to do that better! Please feel free to reach out to us at TalkToUs@Tucows.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews