Tucows Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.6

Sales Representativeales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

A face to face interview is scheduled after an initial chat with the Manager, then a second interview is scheduled to know your personality and strengths.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you've been successful at sales and marketing and what you did different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was already set in stone

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes. Brought into the office for an hour. People were nice but you could see through the glass walls of the office that the people seemed miserable.

Order and Renewal Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was drawn out. I submitted my resume late April and received an e-mail earlier today that advised that they are not pursing with my application. The interview process consisted of a half hour phone screen, about a hour interview. The recruiter was pleasant, however, I later found out that they were not hiring right away. Had they decided to pursue my application further, I would have had another interview with another manager. Why should it take over a month to fill a position?... I wish the recruiter had mentioned that they were not hiring right away. The waiting in-between to be told whether or not you'll go forward to the next stage is not pleasant. Tucows, you guys need to do better.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter on Indeed, did some logic reasoning testing from home. Invited to interview after more on-site skill testing with recruiter and manager. Came back a week later for an additional interview with department head and contacted a week later with an offer. questions were fairly repetitive and standard throughout.

Interview Questions

• General questions surrounding previous customer service experience and technical knowledge in the most basic sense.   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was first a phone interview to screen suitability and ability to speak with customers over the phone.

When first attending the in-person interview there was an HR type (same one that performed the phone pre-screen), then several typing tests with arbitrary questions (various answers) mostly to verify English aptitude and writing succinct emails to customers.

After the typing tests (~20 minutes) then one of the support team managers and another peer interviewed me on suitability/skill.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Invited to in person interview, included 1 hour writing sample test, 1:1 interview with HR, 1:1 interview with Customer Experience manager, 20-30 minute tour of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, writing sample, HR interview, and then interview with the department manager. The interviewers read from a series of pre-selected questions, so it wasn't incredibly original or fluid.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions, "describe a situation where you went the extra mile for a customer", etc.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Normal interview, nothing out of the ordinary, Went in and they first had me do a phone interview then an online test of skill written, then 2 in person interviews. Got the phone call about 1 week later

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interview was great. HR and managers very friendly and open. Did not feel intimidated at all.

Customer Advisor (CSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

If selected from their online resume submission process, they will set up a 30 min phone interview. If they are interested in you, the second interview will be two and half hours in person. They will measure your ability to provide complete customer satisfaction. No real technical knowledge is expected. They want to see your demeanour and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions such as:
      -What do you use on the internet?
      -What kind of phone do you use?
      -What does the internet mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a while ago, but i do remember they were impressed that i came very prepared with lots of knowledge about the company.

Originally i applied for a different position but they thought i would fit better in another department, and i am really glad they did. I have received a free education in something i never thought i would.

I was asked the typical "what is your biggest weakness question" question

It was a fairly relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a registry, registrar, reseller and registrant.   1 Answer