Validant Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Healy

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Validant full-time

Pros

People are really friendly, helpful and genuinely interested in helping each other and working together towards a common goal. There's great vision, a ton of experience and a lot of growth that's come together in all departments, which is expanding Validant's reach and creating greater accuracy and precision for our Clients.

Cons

Sometimes communication is a struggle. At times, the department or individuals who need to have details are the last ones to hear about a new project or situation that needs to be worked on.

Advice to Management

We need more team-building experiences. It's easy to get caught up in the repetition of the job, but when the work environment is fun and we have good experiences together, it keeps things fresh, new and exciting and keeps employee turn-over low.

2. "Good small company. Fun environment"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Validant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Familial atmosphere
    Good pay
    Opportunity to shift positions
    Flexible hours and schedule
    Location in San Francisco very desirable
    Everybody very friendly

Cons

Entrenched management
    Hard to move up because of the current management
    Has somewhat of an old boys culture
    Benefits are substandard

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter...

"Almost Perfect Contracting Opportunities"

Former Employee - CSV Consultant in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - CSV Consultant in Miramar, FL

Pros

First of all, let me begin by saying that I was a full-time salaried employee for over 13 years before moving on to the world of Consulting. I found salaried jobs extremely disheartening. You work for years waiting for small raises that do not keep pace with the rate of inflation, ephemeral vacations where you may even be on-call, being passed up for promotions by newly-arrived management cronies, and working 60 hours every week with the promise of "comp time" (but never actually getting it!). Well, I decided to quit the salaried world and move into consulting, and it was the best move I could have ever made. Validant made the transition very easy by doing the following:

1. Covering all expenses: Flights home every 2 weeks, hotel (or furnished apartment with all amenities covered), car rental (they even provide their own rental insurance!), tolls, and even gasoline.

2. Providing benefits packages to their consultants on W2 (no 1099's, who would want these anyway!)

3. Providing a per diem for food and incidentals

4. Not haggling for all-inclusive rates (like other recruiters do)

5. Not providing a geographic per-diem (which usually only covers half the potential expenses), but covering all expenses (of course, it is the client that is covering these, but Validant ensures that these are covered with a highly detailed contract)

6. Being available to answer any and all emails and phone calls should any problems arise during a contract

7. Sending Validant managers to review the status of one's work and speaking on behalf of the hard-working consultants to the functional managers

8. Their recruiters will not consider you for a job that you do not feel 100% confident that you can do, and they will negotiate higher salaries for you instead of just accepting the lowest pay possible, which is what most other recruiters will do.

9. "Locality" of contract is not a factor since they negotiate, with the client, contracts that cover all expenses.

10. Their managers actually take the time to procure a contract with opportunities for multiple consultants, instead of just finding the job on a job board and not knowing anything else about it...not even the pay! You would be surprised as to how many other firms work in this manner.

I have tried to work with at least 20 other firms in the 3.5 years that I have been consulting, and Validant is by far the best one. They have always managed to come in at the last minute and offer me a contract with a pay that is higher than my last contract. This is truly the only time in my life that I am beating inflation, and my take-home pay is considerably more than it was when I was a salaried employee.

The only down-side with working under Validant is the number of available opportunities. However, everything else is fantastic. They even provided personalized support on an international opportunity to consultants who had never worked abroad; I was one of them!

Cons

The opportunities are rather limited. In 44 months, I have been employed with them for only 25 months; However, the take home pay was so great that I managed to make 20 - 70% more money per year than when I was salaried! Furthermore, I have a proper work-life balance with usually only 40 hours of work (as opposed to 60 hours as a salaried employee) and months of relaxation time (as opposed to just a few weeks of "not-very-relaxing" vacation time as a salaried employee).

Advice to Management

Please find more opportunities for us! I have met so many former Validant consultants who have moved back to the salaried world (or as I like to call it..."The Dark Side"!). Keep us happy in the Consulting world as few other firms are apparently capable of doing.

4. "Excelent place of work"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Validant (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and learning experience.

Cons

No negative or downside yet found.

"Talent Acquisition Employee"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Meaningful work
    Tight work environment, close relationship with leaders
    Collaborative work environment, focus on transparency and trust
    Emphasis on health and wellness
    "pay for performance" culture

Cons

Slightly less promotional opportunity than larger firms

6. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at Validant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great coworkers, fun office environment
    - Great benefits/compensation
    - Take care of employees
    - Start up atmosphere

Cons

- Don't receive much classroom training
    - Must be motivated professionally and a hard worker

7. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Nice office location and friendly employees.

Cons

Boring environment and not challenging. The work environment is dull.

8. "Client Services Manager"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Validant full-time

Pros

1. I like coming into work everyday because I am surrounded by a dynamic group of people who are all smart, motivated, and come from very different backgrounds.

2. In my experience in business development here, I have been encouraged to be creative and act as an intrapreneur within the function. I am never micromanaged but am always given the senior guidance I need when I have questions or when I am unsure about our strategy.

3. I have been able to grow quickly within the function and develop in my career here.

4. We are located right next to the Transamerica building in downtown SF near all the great restaurants, gyms, shopping, etc.

5. Semi-Flexible hours to work so I come in a little early and work a little later and take a nice long lunch to go to the gym every day.

6. We are expanding globally so there is so much opportunity to help Validant's expansion that I have been a part of. I feel like the opportunities are endless here and feel very stable at my job and in the company.

7. We have a lot of fun together. At least once a month we have some sort of event/happy hour/boat cruise, etc. In the almost 4 years of being here I have some amazing memories with my co-workers that I will always remember. Even the CEO is very friendly and talks to everyone and really believes in everyone. You can tell he cares.

Cons

1. Lack of processes & clarity on job functions and goals throughout the company. This can sometimes cause confusion and waste time of employees. **This is the #1 priority being addressed right now by senior management.

2. Fair compensation, but could be more competitive for some of the internal staff as I know we've had some fall-off from some of our more entry level positions.

3. No 401K matching

4. Lack of sales contests/incentives for the sales team to create excitement.

Advice to Management

I'm very close to management and I know that they're working on some of the most important areas we need to improve.

My only real advice for them is to make sure they communicate clearly all the changes to the employees as sometimes people feel left in the cold without knowing what's going on and that might be a cause of some of our loss in retention.

9. "Great company to work for! Fantastic if seeking professional growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Validant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to communicate with Senior Management. Growth of the company appears promising. Many fantastic projects to work on. Wonderful work/life balance. Management does a nice job of fostering growth for those eager to advance their careers. Opportunities to move departments, teams, office locations and more are always available if an employee proves to be an asset.

Cons

Not enough processes in place. Must expand organization size and incorporate more senior leaders to take on the task of adding more structure to the company.

Advice to Management

Add additional activities/resources to create a stronger corporate culture. Would be nice to see more benefits offered.

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

I worked at Validant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, company culture, high compensation, reputable company, excellent support system

Cons

Opportunities for more project assignments

Advice to Management

Opportunities for better family & PTO benefits