View, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
View, Inc. Chief Executive Officer Rao Mulpuri
Rao Mulpuri
Cons
  1. "Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the way the company is leveraging the core technology and expanding with additional products and services to attract and retain customers. Can see a lot of potential in the company if we execute well. The product itself is cool and one that anyone can connect with. Experienced and extremely self-motivated co-workers make for a great team.

Cons

Growing pains as the company expands fast - some of the processes are not quite established. Tons of work to do, which might make for poor work-life balance. But at the same time, can be an excellent learning experience if one is up for it.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great talent.

View, Inc.2020-01-02
  2. "Creating new paradigms"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting projects Great atmosphere Smart and collaborating team members Supportive management I am still having fun

Cons

I would like more food choices :-) Communication between teams could be better

Advice to Management

Keep motivating your employees. 100% matching of 401k contributions is desirable

View, Inc.2019-12-19
  3. "Great Team with a Bright Future!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Great and groundbreaking products with a bright future perspective. 2. I could apply my expertise in Artificial Intelligence with the flexibility that my manager provided in the work duties. I could enhance my knowledge by working here especially in terms of management concepts and team-working skills. 3. The working environment is warm, friendly, and welcoming; the people are dedicated, resourceful and helpful; the executives and managers are accessible, open-minded, and synergetic. 4. Nice work-life balance.

Cons

1. Benefits such as the 401K match and insurance can be improved. 2. Renovations and repairs in the workplace caused some issues. However, we heard that this will be completed soon.

Advice to Management

Pretty well progresses have been made so far at the time that this review is posted. Keep going with confidence to improve the wellness of humans in buildings...

View, Inc.2019-12-18
  4. "Bad place to work, worst ever."

Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at View, Inc. full-time

Pros

Nice adjustable desks (standing) with dual monitors.

Cons

The headline said it, this is the worst place I've ever been with. The manager there micro manages. There was no concept of critical path planning. Everything the manager wants done needs to be done immediately. I sensed favoritism as well. This review will set off another round of positive reviews to offset, likely by HR. Again, this is the worst place I ever worked. Avoid. The day I left was a relieve,

Advice to Management

Please evaluate your leadership team.

View, Inc.2019-12-29

"Sinking Ship! Avoid at all costs!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Coffee and Free Parking

Cons

Chairman Mao, Oops I mean CEO Rao is clueless on running this company. There are more Deadwood VP's then a National Bank! Trying sell a "Nice to have" is NOT going to cut it! If you like to have a meeting about a meeting to talk about the next meeting this is the place!

Advice to Management

I would wish you good luck! But you would not know what to do with it!

View, Inc.2019-12-04
  6. "Great Work Culture and Mentors"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Milpitas, CA

I worked at View, Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was my first internship at View Inc.. Although I was not advanced in terms of my coding skills, the mentors are still willing to teach me the skills necessary to succeed at an internship. They also try to make the work culture as fun as possible while treating you as an actual employee.

Cons

It is a startup, so do not expect a lot of benefits aside from pay. They do try to host several events to have you engage with the other employees.

View, Inc.2019-10-20

"Horrible culture of fear."

I worked at View, Inc.

Pros

Cool technology with multiple uses.

Cons

Companies that continually talk about their culture are the ones that have none. A company’s culture comes from the words and behavior of the leadership. When the leadership says anyone can fire anyone else, that instills fear in everyone.

Advice to Management

Give people a chance.

View, Inc.2019-10-17
  8. "GREAT COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Director Talent Acquisition in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with a company where everyone is aligned with the strategy and direction! Leaders are transparent, open and honest with the employees. The values on the wall are not there for show...we live ALL our values...Great Company!

Cons

Nothing notable, a minor thing, wish we could do a better job planning. This is always a challenge with a fast-growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, never lose sight of who we are!

View, Inc.2019-09-13

"Toxic and hostile work environment"

I worked at View, Inc. full-time

Pros

- Small teams would have allowed for collaboration, if the environment had not been so toxic - Interesting product

Cons

- Constant judgment and holier than thou attitude from majority of management and corporate - No work life balance - Fear based culture

Advice to Management

Listen to understand your employee needs and workload, rather than judging and focusing on negatives. It is unfortunate that many talented individuals have been treated unfairly.

View, Inc.2019-10-07
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Olive Branch, MS

I have been working at View, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership, great product and safety is #1. The company really cares about its employees

Cons

Tough to keep up with the growth, but is that a con?? Much better than the alternative. Growing pains, but the company is definitely headed in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Excellent communication to employees. Keep up the "open door" policy

View, Inc.2019-08-30