Vision Computer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture that provides a fun work environment. Have you ever been part of a team where you couldn't depend on someone to do their job? Working at Vision is the opposite. Everyone works together to help keep our clients up and running. Happy employees leads to happy clients and vice versa.

Cons

Not really any cons with Vision specifically. We are an IT Managed Service Provider so this is not the market to be in if you are looking for a "cushy" IT job. If you are used to only supporting a single network then this would be a big change. With that being said, If you like to keep busy and enjoy daily challenges then this is the market/company for you.

2. "Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, creative freedom, VCS invests large amounts of time and money into making sure your role will contribute to your personal and companywide success

Cons

Progression, defined career path, Small Business so salary might not be where you want it

3. "Love the work environment and the daily challenges"

Pros

Vision Computer Solutions cares about it's employees and clients. It's in the core values, I like how we do the right thing and always value our integrity. Job growth and development is highly valued. It also doesn't hurt that it's a place I look forward to coming into everyday.

Cons

If you want to clock in and out and not care about what you are doing, you should probably look elsewhere. We all have a vested interested in excelling and doing our best.

Advice to Management

Keep culture and values alive and everything else will thrive.

4. "I don't dread going to work, I don't count down to 5PM; I'm one of those lucky ones thanks to VIsion."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Vision is like no other. They have company philosophy that everyone believes in and actually lives. An emotional investment is definitely made to this business and to your co-workers. Vision truly functions as a family rather than cogs in a machine. Also, the opportunity for job growth and defining your role is prevalent. The leadership team at Vision wants you to be challenged, wants you to succeed and truly invests in your personal and professional growth.

Cons

If you don't want to be invested into your work, look elsewhere. You are expected to complete a 90-day "rookie" period where you will be tested and under pressure. If you can't excel during the 90 days you aren't going to excel at the company. Vision makes an investment in you, you better be prepared to make an investment back.

Advice to Management

Over everything keep the culture and the company alignment. Actually experiencing the Vision culture on my first interview is what hooked me on this place. As Vision continues to grow, don't lose sight on our principlesand the vibe that keeps this place what it is.

5. "The best opportunity I have ever been given to start my career, become part of a great team, and amazing culture."

Current Employee - Partner Technology Account Manager in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Partner Technology Account Manager in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We work hard and play harder! Not only do we offer the best service, partnership, and results for our clients, but we couldn't be happier to do so. Even after a long holiday weekend, I am actually excited to start my work week at Vision. We are all recognized for our contributions to each and every job we complete, no matter how big or small. Our management team makes it extremely difficult for us to be unhappy, and encourages us to create action plans for any improvements we see need to be made. We aren't just part of the staff, we are an important asset in this companies future. You will quickly find a home here at Vision if you enjoy team comradery, take pride in your work, can hold your own on a ping pong table, and most importantly, laugh off the occasional practical joke. We are serious about our work, but we also take living life seriously. Vision is built on a culture that is difficult for some to allow themselves in to, but should you decide to take the plunge, the end result couldn't be more fulfilling.

Cons

If you do not find self fulfillment in seeing results after hard work, don't bother with Vision. Understand that this is a career, and you will be building it block by block every day. Embracing our culture is a dire part of working at Vision, and allowing yourself to do so can be a challenge. Be prepared for a learning experience, and be open to it.

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose the culture that has been built at Vision. Keep pushing for new "bits' and "bytes" that make us different than everyone else.

6. "An IT firm that cares about their staff and clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company has become an incredible organization to work for over the years. What was once the typical computer service shop has evolved into a professional IT consulting and service leadership organization. The leadership team cares very much about the well being and success of the entire company and it shows every day in their actions and decision making. This is a very non-typical environment when you think of an IT company.

Fun atmosphere, top of the line tools and a great team that helps each other out. I highly recommend this place as a long-term career option.

Cons

As a small business, there are times that your responsibilities are very important and require you to take ownership of your tasks to the finish. Great team environment but expect to work until things are done!

7. "An all around great place to work with an amazing culture unlike any other company in the area."

Current Employee - Delivery Engineer in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery Engineer in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This really is the best IT company in the state to work for. It's a strong team that has solid communication lines and really cares about the customer. We tackle jobs from the small to the very complex. The management team truly cares about the well-being of their employees. I've worked for a variety of companies, big and small, and none have ever had the training program and perks that Vision offers. They actively offer the guidance and encouragement to help you advance in your career, whereas other employers would lead you to believe they do but never follow through. A solid, educational job environment combined with many opportunities for fun and enjoyment with a close knit crew. Fantastic place to work.

Cons

Don't expect the job to be a walk in the park. Rigorous training and certification program to be completed very soon after starting, and a continuing training program is part of every employee's curriculum. Not really a cons, since it's all for your own benefit but a tough climb.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong

8. "Amazing company that works for you as hard as you work for it."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Vision Computer Solutions for almost 2 years and could not be happier. Vision puts their culture and personality on display from day one with their job posting and hasn't let up since I've been here. The office is full of high energy high motivation people who work hard, are invested in a fun work environment, and are closer to family than co-workers.

The leadership team is great. They are very open to opinions and new ideas frequently soliciting and encouraging opinions from the team. The constant drive to improve everything from work processes to work space to employee well being has created a dynamic positive company that is constantly building more strength.

Ultimately this is the type of company most people dream of working for but never find.

Cons

There can be a significant adjustment to the culture and expectations for those that are used to the Enterprise worker-bee mindset. This is not a place to stop over between jobs, don't expect to be a square peg in a square hole. Vision will find a seat on the bus for you but you have to want to be on that bus.

9. "Great company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am coming up on my 9 year anniversary with Vision Computer Solutions. I have been through a lot of changes here and it still proves to be a great place to work. The culture is unmatched in Michigan. Every single person in the company is expected to and does work very hard. We also have a lot of fun when time allows. In my career, prior to Vision, I bounced around between jobs. I left 5 companies in about 5 years time. And then I found Vision and have been here for almost 9 years. It really is a great place to work. The leadership team is great. Regardless of your position in the company, you are allowed and encouraged to express your opinion on everything from technical opinion to suggested changes to company process. The team at Vision is more like family than coworkers.

Cons

Only cons is if you don't want to put in the time to be successful. If you are looking for a place to be your next "job", you won't fit in. If you are looking for a place that you can be passionate about and care about and want to do whatever you can to make sure you and the company is successful, then you will fit in fine. In short, if you are looking for a career at a company that you will want to stay at until you retire, we will welcome you to our team.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture that has been created.

10. "This is the sort of environment you dream of in a company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

I have been working at Vision Computer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid corporate culture. Steady but not overwhelming growth. Whirlyball outings. Co-workers you consider friends. Management that listens to suggestions, and better yet, encourages them. Recognition for a job well done, and when a mistake is made, they look at the process, not point fingers and blame individuals. High expectations from everyone on the team.

Cons

This place is NOT for people who don't take their work seriously, or otherwise think that a 9-5 job is the level of effort they want to deliver. This environment rewards hard working, career-minded individuals. Not necessarily a "CON", but it is if you're looking for a place to coast, as you'll not be happy.

Advice to Management

Continue to live the culture you've spent so much time developing.