VisionWeb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raki Shah

1. "Great Culture, Great People, Great Product"

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at VisionWeb for over a year and have seen so many wonderful changes occur. COMPANY CULTURE: has skyrocketed. We have a dedicated person who puts on events every month, we have snacks and beverages, a game area, company/team outings - its actually fun to be at work thanks in large part to her. You can tell she really cares about employee happiness. GREAT PEOPLE: I really enjoy my team and those beyond my team. We work together really well, which is so important. People are smart, extremely hard working, and all around just good people. GREAT PRODUCT: In just the year+ that I've been here I've come to realize just how great of a product and service we have compared to others in the industry. 2017 is going to be exciting, but a lot of work.

Cons

Sometimes communication is lacking from mgmt. to lower level or even in between departments, but with as much going on I guess thats to be expected. Again, with how much is going on, people are working long hours; work/life balance is a challenge right now but see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Advice to Management

We have a lot of great leaders who really care about their employees and company success. There are a few "bad apples", but that's with every company. My advice to those "bad apples" would be if you arent happy for whatever reason, leave. Because 90+% of this company is happy and on the same page, working together to achieve the goals set. Advice to remaining mgmt. keep up inspiring your employees, we look up to you in a lot ways. Good leadership is important and hard to find, Im happy that we have a number of mgmt. who meet the definition of a good leader.

"Company Needs a Make Over"

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time

Pros

Great Team, great talent. Hard working folks willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

Need a CEO that understands the business and can lead with integrity.

Advice to Management

Clean house from the top.

"Problems with CEO, low morale, and numerous failures to launch"

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time

Pros

The people that work here are nice. They also recently added snacks, and the new exec assistant to the CEO doubles as a community manager, organizing fun company-wide events for everyone.

Cons

This is CEO R. Shah's first time as a CEO. He comes from Essilor's Merger's and Acquisitions wing. Essilor is the parent company for VisionWeb. In short, he's young, untested, and unproven as a CEO. He's also completely new to tech and has yet to establish any real trust or respect among the employees. There has been an exodus of employees since his arrival nearly one year ago, including directors and employees at all levels. Employees that had been with the company nearly a decade, and longer, have left. The company has been on a crusade to bring it's PM & EHR solution, Uprise, to market over the past several years. It has failed to launch numerous times. At this point it seems like a lost cause, and many in the company believe the window has closed. Needless to say, the overall morale at the company is quite low. They've recently hired a new executive leader from a company called Kinnser, who, based on their Glassdoor company reviews, seem to suffer the same disconnect/distrust between the workers and the executives. The main revenue stream, VisionWeb's .com ordering platform, is underprioritized and does not sit on a robust infrastructure. In summary, things could go south for VisionWeb's solitary revenue stream at any moment, so this may not be a great investment of time for someone looking to join the company. Do you due dilligence.

Advice to Management

Sell or abandon Uprise. Go after a new opportunity that actually generates revenue for the company. Find a more experienced CEO that knows tech, and inspires confidence in the employees.

5. "Great Culture, Great People, Great Business"

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture: We have everything from monthly trivia, to a stocked kitchen, to celebrating all events as a company.
    - People: The people that make up VisionWeb are brilliant, kind, hard working, innovative, determined, and just quality people. I thoroughly enjoy my coworkers and being surrounded by them daily.
    - Business: We've been around for 15 years and are continuing to go strong. 2017 is going to be an amazing year for VisionWeb and I couldn't be more excited to be a part of this team and see all this hard work pay off. Exciting times!

Cons

- Need to figure out stronger ways to incorporate our amazing remote employees. Implement a new, stronger plan for 2017.
    - Communication is always a challenge in the workplace, and we are good, but there is always room for improvement. Would love to see some leaps in this area.

Advice to Management

- Be a leader, always strive for greatness (within yourself and your employees)
    - Stay positive and be excited about change - your employees (and peers) look up to you
    - Continue to bring your strengths forward

"Company is in a downward spiral"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at VisionWeb full-time

Pros

There are some really great people at VisionWeb who work hard and genuinely want to do well. The Executive Assistant goes above and beyond to try to bring some fun back into the company - holiday parties, trivia breaks, snacks, etc.

Cons

Attrition is terrible for a reason. Within the past year, several department heads have left, not to mention employees at all other levels. There is little confidence in the leadership of the CEO and there are serious concerns about both the software and the general direction of the company.

There are few opportunities for advancement and in general, employees are underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated.

There is a bullying problem that has never been addressed because there is no true HR department. HR is outsourced to Essilor, an equity holder in VisionWeb that is located in Dallas, and so internal issues are not addressed in any real manner.

VisionWeb has the feeling of a company scrambling for a foothold as it sinks.

Advice to Management

Bring in a new CEO that understands tech and inspires confidence. Get a real HR department, located in-office, so employees have a place to take their concerns and issues. Treat hard-working employees better - offer raises, advancement opportunities, and recognition.

"Troubled organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hardest working co-workers. Staff steps up as needed. All really seem to care.

Cons

Worst senior management I have ever experienced. CEO far too inexperienced. Board members responsible for his appointment set him up to fail. What does this say about the board of this organization.

Advice to Management

Without significant change, soon, it will be too late to salvage this company.

"Great company to work for"

I worked at VisionWeb full-time

Pros

Great company atmosphere, passionate teammates personally and professionally. You really get to see your work make a difference at VisionWeb.

Cons

Not very many cons. Occasionally, if you're not extremely social, you may feel a little left out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Toxic Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I have a few really great, smart, and motivated co-workers. 5% of the company is made up of people actually putting in effort to make the the product great. 15 days PTO. Lenient dress code (shorts, sandals, t-shirts okay). Cool area of town. Nice views. I go for walks during lunch and it's really beautiful.

Cons

The company is full of old-school corporate leadership. Yelling is still an acceptable form of conversation that needs to be fixed. No room for growth. Gossip-mill starts from the very top executive level. If you work here, don't trust anyone. High school clique culture. People tattle on you if you're 5 minutes late from lunch. If you leave early (even 5 minutes), prepare to be disciplined. Too much time worrying about interoffice politics and not actual product development. Pay is below-average.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring smart and skilled talent. Cut the gossip/clique-culture. More team-building activities needed. Treat your employee with respect, no more shouting, yelling, or talking behind your employees' backs, Management.

"Business Doesn't Run Very Smoothly"

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some fun coworkers, private cubes, 15 PTO days, very lenient dress code.

Cons

Underpaid, not much room for advancement, drama, bad communication between teams.

11. "Great prople"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. From the executive team on down people are treated fairly and with respect. Work hard/play hard is the mantra here.

Cons

Space keeps some groups to seperate