Weebly Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
David Rusenko

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The catered lunches are always different & creative (in 15 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is very good - especially compared to a lot of other companies of Weebly's size (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • High turn over- call center feels like a grind (in 4 reviews)

• The company is still going through it's 'Start Up' growing pains (in 3 reviews)

"Right for me"

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's not an easy job but that's why I joined Weebly. If you want to join a company that is already worth $X then do so. I came here to make a difference in the path of a young company and there hasn't been a shortage of that starting with my first day. The people are just incredible and so friendly. This makes such a huge difference for me. Joy is a choice and many that work here choose and express it.

Cons

No big company perks (if you want to be showered with RSUs there are companies that do that.

Advice to Management

Never stop trying to carry out your mission and being open with the staff about it. I've enjoyed it.

"Customer Service Advocate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Weebly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is awesome, never have I worked at a place where I felt like I could be friends with everyone. Culture is great, free catered lunch is awesome.

Cons

High turn over- call center feels like a grind.
    They say sales aren't cut-throat but they are. They always hold it over your head.
    The center is too small for the volume of calls which leads to consistent 45min+ wait times.
    Ineffective internal tools making it difficult to do your job.
    Started turning into Go-Daddy.
    Absolutely no advancement opportunities for call center staff.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be Go-Daddy

"Employee focused company"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weebly is very employee focused and it shows. Overall it's a great place to work with a strong mission to empower the world's entrepreneurs.

Cons

We need more senior engineers & strong engineering leadership.

Transparency to a fault. It's great to be transparent when once ideas/decisions have been fleshed out. It's very demotivating however, to keep changing direction every few weeks.

Advice to Management

We need more senior engineers & strong engineering leadership.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly (More than a year)

Pros

fun people, flexible breaks, massages from time to time

Cons

far away for my commute

"Challenging and Rewarding Work with a Passionate Team"

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Executive team is generally very accessible and open.
    - As an engineer, you are given a lot of autonomy, and are never micro-managed.
    - Plenty of opportunity to make big impact contributions.
    - You are respected and trusted as a professional from both your teammates and manager.
    - Amazing perks. It's easy to take for granted the food, great benefits, cool parties, well-stocked bar, massages, etc.
    - The company is in a nice sweet spot size-wise; Big enough for there to be meaningful career growth opportunity, but small enough that the org still feels very "flat".
    - Shockingly little turnover. Almost all of the engineers who were with the company in the first few years are still here.
    - Work/Life balance is very good - especially compared to a lot of other companies of Weebly's size.

Cons

- It's an old codebase. Plenty of technical debt to deal with in the day-to-day.
    - General growing pains that come with scaling a company from dozens to hundreds of employees.
    - You probably won't like working here if you need a lot of guidance. It's still very much a start up, and you're expected to take initiative.

Advice to Management

You've done a good job of learning from past mistakes - keep it up. Work on strengthening technical leadership and attracting capable talent. Continue to improve product focus and polishing features we already have before adding new ones.

"Awesome company with a bright future"

Former Employee - CSA in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Weebly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scottsdale location...
    Friendly and fun culture
    Lunch is delicious
    Customer interaction is most often enjoyable
    Paid maternity and paternity leave
    Postitive support from management
    Realistic sales and support expectations
    Management provides you the ability to use your own discretion and supports you in doing what's truly best for the customer
    a-holes not welcome :)
    Oh, and ping pong. Definitely ping pong!

A great place for savvy, intelligent young professionals to gain tech sales experience in a progressive environment.

Cons

Not much to say here other than a high cost of health insurance if you're supporting a family which is understandable given the vast majority of CSAs are unmarried and without children.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You're all very human and relatable. Empathatic souls seem few and far between from my experiences in sales and working alongside management in general.

"Customer Success Advocate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Weebly full-time

Pros

Catered lunch everyday, casual dress code, unlimited snacks, lots of company SWAG, fun work environment, great people.

Cons

They tell you it's not a sales job and that your primary function there is to ensure customer success. While it's true, they do want customers to be successful, they also have no problem mowing down some of their best representatives because they have a hard time with sales.

Advice to Management

Make a standard for the PIP. If a representative meets sales minimums for 4 bonus periods, then misses the next 5 bonus periods, but comes back and does well again for the next 3, don't terminate them when the miss the next one. Have some kind of standard for how many minimums met bonus periods a rep has where the cycle starts over. There is nothing defined for the representatives currently to know this. It's currently managers discretion which isn't fair to the representatives who desperately want to keep their job but are unsure about when their cycle starts over.

"CSA"

Current Employee - CSA in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - CSA in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, catered lunches, great coworkers, frequent team builder events, frequent happy hour events, frequent events in general, culture is amazing, amazing product which makes the customers really easy going, ping pong table and tv's in break room.

Cons

I would recommend a tech background to be able to adapt the fastest. It is open to the world but I have noticed the techie people seem to do the best here. Makes sense though, it is a tech company. Sales is a plus, but tech sales is A++

Advice to Management

I think like any normal company management expects employees to perform. That may appear as high pressure to some but overall I feel like everyone gets the same opportunities. Weebly totally rewards people for hard work and also gives the opportunity to go where you excel.

"Fought the Culture War and Lost"

Former Employee - CSA in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weebly offers decent pay and average benefits for entry level employees. Office life includes catered lunches, free snacks a very casual dress code and some excellent coworkers.

Cons

When the office was first opened, lofty promises of “launch pad for your career” and “in two years we expect people from this office to be working at other startups in the Bay Area” really made you feel like you were some place special. The culture of educating your customers, improving their relationship with the product and making recommendations for a minor amount of sales seemed to set us apart from the rest of the cutthroat profit centers.

The problem is that those and other promises never materialized. Opportunities at Weebly Scottsdale are very scarce. You’re more likely to move to a new job outside the company than find something new inside the office. Promises of educating employees to be moved to higher profile positions were quickly forgotten in favor of hiring external talent, something that was expressly said time and time again would not happen.

Because you were hired at Weebly Scottsdale you will forever be a second class citizen in the Weebly hierarchy. Do not think that your entry level position is a gateway to a new career or a resume builder to get you that dream job down the road. Do not think your time spent with the company will grant you further respect and distinguish you from the demigods that roam the San Francisco office. They may benevolently acknowledge your existence, but never entertain the illusion that you are one big happy and equal Weebly family.

This idea of a unified company is further broken by HR. Brought from San Francisco, HR looks upon the unwashed masses of the Scottsdale office with an unkind eye. Dare to question or remind them of promises not kept and you will find yourself on the breadline faster than you can say “please open an incognito window for your browser.” HR has no qualms asking current employees to leave positive reviews on Glassdoor. Remember that when reading other reviews because if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Should you find yourself employed here keep a few things in mind. Never ask for help from anyone above the team lead position. You will only create opportunity for them to find reason to remove you from the company. Never volunteer to help out, or do job duties not directly related to your position. This will not brand you as a “go getter” or do anything positive for your career; you are simply taking time away from your primary job, which isn’t to support the customer, but to sell the Weebly product. Lastly, you will never gain any transferrable skills in this position beyond what you came in with. You will become an expert at troubleshooting a particular brand of WYSIWYG editor, but that isn’t something that is going to get you a new job. So ask yourself, if my current company doesn’t improve my skills or improve my career, what am I doing here?

Advice to Management

You promised us opportunity. You promised us skills and training. You promised us a launch pad for our careers. You promised us respect, honesty and trust. In the end all we got was time spent with the product and a bad taste in our mouths. You promised...

"Nice place"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honest (like.. honest) management.
    Lots of freedom to do what feels right. Make your own judgement calls.
    Decent growth prospects, esp for a call center.
    All the normal perks plus catered lunch daily, generally really cool coworkers, and of course snacks and 25 cent soda haha
    Job itself is pretty easy to wrap your head around, even if there are rough days to go along with the great ones. Basically help people with tech issues while seeing if there's anything the customer might need products wise.

Cons

Not a con for me, nor for many others, but worth mentioning: things break a lot. It's a new company. If you're the type of person who needs that nothing unexpected will ever happen with your tools/systems, go work at a huge call center with systems and procedures galore.

Advice to Management

Things seem like they're on the upturn. Good hires coming through the doors in recent months. Also thanks for having our backs.