Western Rim Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Marcus D. Hiles

"Human Resource Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supported all HR functions for a company of 250+ employees

Cons

Great place to work with good employees

2. "Great overall company. Ethical business practices not in line with mine."

Former Employee - Superintendent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security is definitely there. Project after project is happening. Great group of associates to work with. Never a dull moment

Cons

Questionable business ethics. I didn't agree with how some of the sub contractors were dealt with. I believe a mans word is just as important as a contract

Advice to Management

N/a

3. "Stay away..."

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission per rental, most of agents are very professional, friendly, relible people with amazing and unique personality who really like their job

Cons

however ask for employee book BEFORE they will hire you :) ! Look /watch the words: commissions, bonuses, incentives... Make sure that earned commissions does not equal bonuses or other gifts ( bonuses, gifts they MAY pay you but earned commissions ( tenants signed a lease, moved and paperwork is done ) is inseparable part of monthly paycheck and make sure you have this on the paper. Look how and when pay for vacations, holidays: they promise to pay for vacations after 12 months but ... ( look at 6 month "introductory period" for leasing specialist at Employee Book ... what basically means they will count those 12 months after introductory period which means you have to work 18 months for paid vacations... When you will decide to leave they will refuse to pay earned commission...

Advice to Management

Good, professional employee left your company and some are just about to do it... Your management team treats employee unequaly and use unmoral techniques, which is visible to most of employee. Double standards, lack of respect , dignity, no respect for the values ​​of which are always present in our culture; opportunity - everything depends why you are and who you know....

4. "Image is all that matters. Company will turn on you."

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay. Decent properties. Fun functions. Not many pros. I did not enjoy this experience at ALL!

Cons

Little pay for what feels like an illegal amount of expected work. No personal/work life balance AT ALL! Management will chastise employees in front of other employees and extremely unprofessional. Will not admit when wrong and expect leasing consultants to take ownership of everything. Expected to pay half of 1600 clothing stipend with no exceptions. Company is extremely crude about image. If you don't look a "certain way" they will write you up and made my colleagues feel unattractive. Highly unethical.

Advice to Management

Focus more on delivering results and less on company gossip/politics and image. Content is more important than the context.

"I have a knife in my back"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

on-site managers for tax credit properties and "estates" properties are very nice and easy to work with.

Cons

The men in corporate offices treat the women like second-class citizens. There are many employees who are not trained properly and are unable to do the job they were hired to do. There is no home life/work life balance and the pay does not compensate for all the hours worked. You can not trust anyone you work with - they will turn on you in a heartbeat.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the employees that know what they are doing. Pay fair wages and don't make differences between property employees and corporate employees.

6. "no work/ life balance"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

the commission structure is great.

Cons

job is very demanding; long hr weeks w/ no extra pay

7. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Western Rim Properties full-time

Pros

The managment at Western Rim Property Services are nice and the commissions is great for lease ups. Goal oriented company that rewards top preforming employees. I worked in the front office and I was treated great. I worked 2 weekends a month and was able to take off on holidays. I worked full time at Western Rim Properties for more than 5 years. My position was to support all HR functions for the company. This was a wonderful place to work with great employees and managment.

Cons

The work enviornment was postive and the employees and residents alike, noticed it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

8. "Leaving was for the best."

I worked at Western Rim Properties full-time

Pros

Best bonuses in the industry. Hands down. Beautiful properties, easy to lease, great benefits and fantastically professional apparel.

Cons

Long hours, lots of nepotism, no one cares about you as a person, and proven performance doesn't even win against the nepotism. It's sad really. A lot of potential is lost because of the unfailing favoritism and high school maturity levels of managers.

Advice to Management

Listen to those who are lower on the totem pole, sometimes they know more than anyone else. Encourage team work not team leaders and followers. Make sure your managers have your best interest at heart and treat their employees with respect. When you sell a property, don't make people feel like they are less than you because they stay. Maybe they wouldn't have stayed if they felt treated fairly. If you're going to make rules, everyone should follow them. There shouldn't be exceptions. And don't be so fast to place blame and quick to side with whoever spoke up first, in the end, you always lose that way.

9. "Excellent Place to Live"

I have been working at Western Rim Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I live at The Estates at Briggs Ranch and I love it! It is the perfect balance of upscale resrort living with great ammenities. I will probably never move!

Cons

Affordable for all different income levels. Western Rim will find what fits you best!

10. "Great Company with good incentives and opportunities to move up."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

Pros

The benefits are nice and the commissions for lease ups. Goal oriented company that rewards top preforming employees.

Cons

In the leasing position you have to work every weekend and most holiday's such as Memorial Day, July 4th, etc. Thus giving up family time.

Advice to Management

For some Holiday's where traffic is notoriously slow such as Memorial Day to plan ahead and hire a temp or flip a manager to work to provide some family time to the leasing staff.