WingSwept Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Jay Strickland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A Truly Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Government Account Executive in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Government Account Executive in Garner, NC

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to work here more than a year ago. Within that time, I have been very encouraged and challenged to use my skills and passions and have been treated exceptionally well. This an extremely unique company. The culture provides you a great opportunity to learn, contribute, grow and be a part of an exceptional organization who believes and sticks by its core values. WingSwept will and should always be listed in the areas "Great Place to Work" because it truly is special.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue to cherish and honor the values you established, show everyday by example, and know are essential to making this a great place to work.

2. "Best Place To Work Isn't An Exaggeration"

I have been working at WingSwept full-time

Pros

Great company culture, ability to grow and develop yourself and intelligent leadership

Cons

No actually negatives to working here.

"Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Network Account Manager in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Network Account Manager in Garner, NC

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job has been great for my personal and career development. I've worked in "technical" positions in the past but none of them have challenged me like this one has. I started at WingSwept in 2014 expecting the Account Manager position to be more of a client satisfaction role. It is that, but so much more. It requires broad technical knowledge, familiarity with business finance and processes, strong communication skills, and a positive demeanor. WingSwept has helped me grow in every single one of those areas.

WingSwept is still a small company (~50 employees) so busy weeks mean everyone is putting in extra time and effort to make sure the job gets done. When I say "everyone", I really mean that. We all strive to have a good work/life balance and we know that some weeks or might favor one or the other. I think the leadership understands this and that's why they put so much emphasis on making this a great place to work. If you're going to be here 40-45 hours each week, you really need to like the environment and the people you're with.

I've found the culture here to be really positive and supportive. Others have used the word "family" to describe the company and I think that fits it perfectly. We're all different in some way, but we have grace for each other and we try to make sure everyone feels welcome.

It's clear to me that the leadership here cares about the people that work here and the people in our community. As a company, we are investing in several ministries around Wake County through financial support and employee volunteering. It's really neat to see a company support people that will likely never come in contact with their products or services.

Cons

The only downside for me is the commute. Fortunately the traffic around Garner isn't too bad during rush hour.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing training plans and individual development! I love seeing people on my team move up into new roles.

"Exceptional Employer"

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When friends and family ask me about work I only ever have good things to say about WingSwept. Hard work and achievement are seen and celebrated here, and we have a lot of fun while we're at it. I've been working here for almost two years, and it keeps getting better. Great culture. Great people. Many great benefits and perks.

Cons

None - I'm truly happy to be working here.

Advice to Management

Keep building on the same foundation. Thanks for making it a great place to work!

5. "ten bucks an hour"

I worked at WingSwept full-time

Pros

none big brother is watching you and taking notes

Cons

all these reviews are phony. 10 bucks an hour look at the one salary listed (wage slavery) is the only truth about this company

Advice to Management

live up to your hype

WingSwept Response

Jul 5, 2017 – President

Unfortunately, Glassdoor policies apparently don't prevent someone who hasn't worked at your company from posting negative reviews. The review above doesn't offer any actual facts about WingSwept... More

"Outstanding Company!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Garner, NC

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at WingSwept is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. It really does feel like a family. Everyone is willing to help and we are all knowledgeable as well which makes for an unstoppable team.

Cons

I can't think of any!

"11 Great Years and Counting!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Managed Services in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President, Managed Services in Garner, NC

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I guess I didn't realize a "current employee" could post here or I would have done it years ago. I started with WingSwept when there were only six or seven people. Now we are almost 50. I have met, hired, and worked with a lot of amazing people. I started and manage our IT services division. During the last 11 years we have had only three employees voluntarily leave our division to seek other opportunities. Two of those three had over a five year tenure. I believe the reason for this is the same reason that I stay and love being here: WingSwept is company that creates a great work environment by building a friendly, family-oriented culture. We do meaningful work for our clients and are rewarded with more than just competitive pay and benefits (while those are certainly nice - everyone is part of our Pay for Performance profit sharing plan). Our team is rewarded with gratitude, recognition, feedback, and opportunity. I am honored to be a part of the leadership team here. I am truly appreciative of my opportunity to both serve and lead at WingSwept.

There is a reason that we have earned Triangle Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" five separate times: WingSwept rocks!

Cons

There is always a bad side to everything, but I find I really have to think at this. I could have written a novel about the "Pros". Working at WingSwept is not "easy". We work hard and play hard. The employees set a high bar and an individual failing to strive for excellence as part of a team will mean a parting of ways. We are serious about our core values and failing to live up to them will also end an employment quickly. Basically, it can be hard to keep a job at WingSwept IF you aren't serious about developing yourself and striving for excellence in everything that you do. We don't have many people "quit" once they get on-board.

Advice to Management

Keep aiming high and stay focused on maintaining both our awesome culture and fiscal strength!

"Like a family"

I have been working at WingSwept full-time

Pros

From a work standpoint, we truly function as a team, and that certainly makes WingSwept a great place to work. More importantly, from a corporate culture standpoint, we have a group of wonderful people who genuinely care about each other. I think of us more as a family than as a team, and that is what makes WingSwept special to me.

Cons

This is actually a "pro", but because I have to list "cons", I'll say this: Along with opportunity comes responsibility and accountability. Those who aren't willing to work and be held accountable won't be comfortable here.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at WingSwept full-time

Pros

Working at WingSwept feels right. Never have I been a part of an organization that valued the employee to this degree from the top down. I view going to work at WingSwept as a privilege, not a chore. Without question I know that if I get in a bind, either at work or away from work, someone is there to lend support. Because of that I want to go above and beyond the scope of my position for my coworkers.

Cons

There are no cons of which I know.

"Great Company that Truly Cares about Their Employees!!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clayton, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clayton, NC

I have been working at WingSwept full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've had the pleasure of working here for more than four years now. During this time WingSwept has won the Best Places to Work Award four times. This shows that WingSwept truly cares about their employees and continues to work hard to create a great employee-centered atmosphere.

Here are some of things WingSwept does for their employees:
    *Profit-sharing
    *Great Benefits
    *Corporate Chaplin
    *Potlucks
    *Bowling league
    *Office Olympics
    *Ping Pong
    *Easter Egg Hunt
    *Flowers on Valentine's Day
    *Food Truck Day
    *Free Snacks and Drinks and more!

Not only do they make it fun to work here with events, free food and benefits, but they also make it fun because of all of the opportunities that are available. They are really interested in what you love to do and will work with you so you are able to use your talents, and skills. I've been blessed with plenty of opportunities over the years to use my marketing knowledge and skills to help this company grow. I now play a key role in the marketing and promotion of this company, and can’t wait to see what’s next for one of the fastest growing companies in America!

Cons

I don't have any cons for this company.

Advice to Management

Great leadership and vision! They put their core values at the center of every decision that is made.