Wockhardt Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. Habil Khorakiwala

Pros
Cons
  • Internal politics ruin the show (in 3 reviews)

• Salaries should be better as well as the allowances are pretty less compared to other companys of same stature (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

I worked at Wockhardt (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Management style, Good Leadership

Cons

Multi time zone , Too much importance to sales management

2. "Where to begin...."

Former Employee - Microbiologist in Morton Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Microbiologist in Morton Grove, IL

I worked at Wockhardt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work with some awesome people (and some not so awesome people). The company is flexible and will work with you for the most part. You will learn quite a bit in a short period of time.

If you are a go-getter, this company is great for a short period of time.

This place has pretty good benefits as well.

But the reality is, this place is for individuals who don't expect too much, and want a comfortable position. How would I know? The turnover in the time I've been there explains itself.

I on the other hand, stayed way too long, I know, BUT I did earn another degree while working here, and left soon after.

Cons

Once the short period of time is up, you will stop learning, not because there isn't anything to learn, but you won't reach that point. There will be someone else waiting ahead of you. This is not a company for the long term, definitely short term. There is no advancement after level 2. You get to level 2 pretty quickly, so don't get too excited. The "old guard" would does not like challengers, so you'll stay at level 2 for a long time. The pay is not competitive, most people that leave this company get a major boost to their income.

Advice to Management

This company has great potential. Instead of keeping middle management, upper management, and a bunch of other unnecessary management roles, consolidate! Too many cooks in the pot, and no one wants to take responsibility. In this company, change would definitely be for the better, and really don't keep someone in a management role who thinks bullying his way through meetings is normal, it's not. Also, someone needs to have a better understanding of who's doing what, and who's associated with who, keep some checks and balances.

"Low Resources, Pay, and Communication, Decent Benefits and Workload"

Current Employee - Scientist in Morton Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Scientist in Morton Grove, IL

I have been working at Wockhardt (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a cafeteria with free coffee, tea, and an acceptable number of microwaves and refrigerators. Newer lab for Analytical Development. Company seems to be growing and expanding pipeline and marketed products, and is working to rectify current FDA observations. Benefits upon hire seem to be good. Workload in my lab is at a tolerable level, though some resources are limited, making it difficult to finish things in a timely manner when several projects need the same equipment. There is a good amount of overtime available for non-exempt employees. I've seen several internal job postings lately, so we are hiring permanent employees.

Cons

The pay is at a very low end of the range for the geographical area and for the industry in general. There is a frequent rush to get things done with little to no warning of when current projects will be handed to the next team in the line of product development and production. R&D works on formulations, which are handed to Analytical Development, whose test method is eventually handed to Quality Control when the product is approved for marketing. There is very limited communication between these groups as to what the workload expectations are for the week. I find myself feeling lucky if I know by noon what samples I will be getting for the day. Generally, all low level employees (lab personnel, production workers) seem to feel overworked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Communication is key in a functioning workplace, especially in manufacturing of any kind. Let low-level employees in on meetings that exist, so that the people on the bottom are aware of what we are doing and why we are doing it. The individuals doing the grunt work have a lot of experience and have ideas to streamline processes or fix problems you aren't even aware of. Be inclusive, listen, and ask for contributions.

5. "Interesting Company"

I have been working at Wockhardt full-time

Pros

Always plenty of work to do

Cons

Can be too hectic at times

6. "Chemist"

I worked at Wockhardt full-time

Pros

Nothing good to say here.

Cons

Almost everything about this place is bad except it gets you into the pharmaceutical field for future options down the road.

Advice to Management

get new management.

7. "Chemist"

Current Employee - Chemist
    Current Employee - Chemist

I have been working at Wockhardt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The supervisors are amazing in the lab. The people that work there are wonderful as well. We all work as a team.

Cons

Very disorganized, lack of glassware, tension between departments, ONE working balance, chaotic, you are unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Appreciate what your employees do for you. We are trying our best, but giving us constant negative feedback for things out of our control is very disheartening.

8. "Sr. Production executive"

Current Employee - Senior Production Executive in Ankleshwar (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Production Executive in Ankleshwar (India)

I have been working at Wockhardt (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good working cultutre with joyfull environment.

Cons

No more suggestions from me.

Advice to Management

No more

9. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Wockhardt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, good peers to work with

Cons

Advice to Management

Look into the improvement of salary and allowances.

10. "Manager"

I have been working at Wockhardt full-time

Pros

One of the good organization in India .
     Good place to to work .
     Good culture, friendly workplace

Cons

This is my favorite place to work

Advice to Management

management should know which people are really working and which not working.
    Should not over trust senior management people , they taking benefits without contributing.

11. "Politics bosses and bad manners of working style"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Mumbai (India)

Pros

Brands is good.. And company have good business

Cons

Hr and bosses are very harassing.. Not supporting to down position employed... Not suitable for work and carrier

Advice to Management

Pls stop politics and support to employees... HR pls wake and do ur work