WorkForce Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Morini

Pros
Cons
  • Growing pains with new investors and the sales dept has promoted several former Account Executives to VP level roles (in 5 reviews)

• There is a room for improvement in many aspects of the business, but with the transition, it's an opportunity to make it happen (in 2 reviews)

"Great people and product"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Livonia, MI

Pros

Very good product that can address complicated requirements in the HCM space

Cons

The company is suffering growing pains with lack of defined processes in key areas

2. "Was great workplace, not sure about new management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at WorkForce Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Work from home/remotely
    Friendly work environment
    You make me write too much for this section.
    I already said all I have to say

Cons

Unsure about new management
    No women in office
    Never profitable
    You make me write too much for this section
    I already said all I have to say

"Growth and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Client Services in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Client Services in Livonia, MI

I have been working at WorkForce Software full-time

Pros

Great colleagues who help each other, with minimal politics.

The product allows for a lot of creativity in how we solve customer problems. The range of customers is exciting to work with as the system can be used by a wide range of customers in both size and market.

Company is adopting more transparent communications and agile frameworks, while challenging, it is showing benefit across the organization.

Leadership has been consistent in messaging and goals for the past year with the new team and CEO and we are seeing positive impacts from that approach more and more.

Generous PTO policy and a culture of flexibility for work hours and work location. If you are doing your job well, you are trusted to do it.

Cons

The amount of change due to the growth mode can be a roller coaster. Be prepared to embrace change. With so much change, acquisitions and strategy shifts, not all groups stay aligned and communications and priorities can be fractured. There are improvements happening, but more focus is needed.

Advice to Management

Great employees equate to great customers. Focus on employee training, engagement and retention and our customers will be recipients of their passion.

Invest in tools and resources to implement and monitor processes and procedures so we can all be more efficient.

Ensure we are hearing from the market, not just the loudest voice in the room.

"Excellent Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Livonia, MI

I have been working at WorkForce Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible when working remote.
    Free healthy snacks daily.
    Awesome co-workers.
    Amazing training that really helps jump start your career.

Cons

None that come to mind.

"Fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Livonia, MI

I have been working at WorkForce Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Good pay. Senior leadership is always available. Company going through a great transformation. I believe the company will continue to grow.

Cons

It is difficult to identify many cons. There is a very big workload currently but that is a good thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Integrations"

Former Employee - Integration Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Integration Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at WorkForce Software full-time

Pros

If you're starting out, this is a great place to work. There's still some wild west qualities to the company and it's largely what you make it from a technical side, at least on the integrations team. The company has a generous PTO package and is relatively flexible on working hours.

If you like complex ideas and creativity, this is a good fit. I feel like I learned a lot here. The integrations team in particular is a good team where everyone looked out for each other.

Cons

One of my biggest gripes is the fact that the software is 15+ years old and is showing its age. With scripting, we rely heavily on what the developers put out. Adding anything new is really difficult. Be prepared for a heavy workload on the integrations team along with projects that will linger. Also be prepared for a knowledge gap between you and other teams.

Management, I don't feel is entirely honest about the direction of the company. It's extremely obvious we're being geared for IPO and a sale to SAP, yet it's never told. There's a lot of technical debt that's becoming an ever increasing cloud. The management at the top of the professional services is the problem I felt - empowering the client is not answer when product education is not focused or automated in any way. Constant concessions to clients when we're operating in the red quarter after quarter is very unhealthy. Teams operate in silos and some are flat out uncooperative.

I mainly left because I didn't feel like there's not much room for growth. I also got tired of the constant putting out of fires. Additionally, salary is nowhere near competitive.

Advice to Management

Pay off technical debt, stop adding layers of management and band aids. Find the reason the same initiatives fail over and over again. Listen to the angriest people who've seen it all and ask yourself why are so many seasoned people leaving. Commit yourself to update the red tape-laden infrastructure and truly embrace Agile not just the metrics. Agile will never fully succeed here until you figure out how to deploy the software quicker and in a more modular fashion.

8. "Great place to start"

I have been working at WorkForce Software full-time

Pros

Great entry level positions. Wonderful place to start a career. Exciting product to learn and master, generally never a boring day. Truly a world class product. Work from home / flex scheduling generally available.

Cons

No so great opportunities for advancement. Depending on department advancement ranges from low to none. Revolving door of senior management. Company constantly invents new policies, plans, procedures so frequently there is no way critical assessment of old methods can be happening.

Advice to Management

Learn how to properly award talent. Pick a direction, and stick with it for more than 6 months. Big deals with big customers are occasionally too good to be true.

"Went downhill fast!!"

Former Employee - Manager in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Livonia, MI

I worked at WorkForce Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has embraced a flexible work schedule and there is the opportunity to work remotely as needed. Those that are entrenched in the business are very passionate about the company and the industry.

Cons

Too many changes in too short a time frame. Top talent is leaving as fast as they can. Certain executives make decisions based on personal motives instead of what is best for the company and the customer.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to turn workforce into SAP!! Remember what made the company successful in the 1st place. Enough with millennial's already, seasoned workers who carry the enterprise intelligence don't give a damn about millennial's.

"Sales Team"

Current Employee - Sales Group in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Group in Remote, OR

Pros

- Great partnership with SAP has led to a large amount of growth that will really have its impact in the next 1-2 years

- good strong leadership team who have been through a few IPOs/Acquisitions and know what they are doing and are quickly responding to challenges

- very strong compensation package

- great people in every department

Cons

- HR tech industry in general is consolidating leading to fewer companies being involved in reviews which is forcing us to partner on most deals

- no stock options available to the general employee population

Advice to Management

- career plans/tree would be great for better navigation of future internal career options

11. "it is an okay place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Pros

Flexible working , some nice people

Cons

Not many areas to move to but that is more of a reflection on the size of the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing is really wrong .Might be good to pay attention though to a couple of employees who make life difficult for others