WorkStride Reviews | Glassdoor

WorkStride Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2019

4.6
WorkStride CEO Jim Hemmer (no image)
Jim Hemmer
  1. "Why haven't you applied yet?"

I have been working at WorkStride full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Friendly colleagues and extremely amicable/transparent leadership team. 2) Colleagues are open to answering questions or offering help 3) Can't beat the Empire State Building view 4) Casual dress

Cons

1) Small teams leads to the possibility of spreading yourself thin

Advice to Management

1) Getting input from employees about what we need/want (anonymously or not) to help hear from those that speak less or are more reserved. 2) Keep keeping it real.

WorkStride2019-03-13

"WorkStride"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WorkStride full-time for more than a year

Pros

Empire State building - gym in building Nice co-workers Work from home every Friday Monthly work events and activities Great work/life balance

Cons

Not much room for growth in several departments. Pay and/or commission are okay, can be better elsewhere. Very competitive and crowded market. Growing but very slowly. Product is still evolving.

WorkStride2019-06-19
  3. "Awesome start-up with a great future"

I have been working at WorkStride full-time

Pros

Huge market opportunity. Our product is doing extremely well in the market and we're hitting a critical business need for our customers. We're only at the tip of the iceberg. Culture is also very strong. We take our values seriously across the board and people truly enjoy working here.

Cons

As a start-up, things can move quickly and we're defining processes as we go. That environment may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to make culture a top priority as we recruit new people

WorkStride2018-11-27
  4. "Very Happy to be here"

I have been working at WorkStride full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong leadership that cares about the business and about the people. CEO takes the culture seriously and wants the team to work hard but enjoy themselves. Transparency is high - leadership is honest. Great team of people - fun to work with.

Cons

Strange to say but the high growth is a challenge. Lots of customers to onboard. Lots of new customers to satisfy.

Advice to Management

Continue to defend the culture as we grow quickly.

WorkStride2018-11-20
  5. "customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY

I have been working at WorkStride full-time

Pros

It's going be 2 months on Oct. 31st, 2018 & I have had the best time learning about the buisness and my part of the job as customer service. The people are very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

I have had no bad experiences; I've learned as long as you do your job there are no issues.

WorkStride2018-10-12
  6. "Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WorkStride full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great management team led by the CEO 2. Building a word class product 3. Unlimited PTO (don't abuse it) 4. Flexible Fridays 5. Free drinks and snacks 6. Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations 7. Many other company sponsored events throughout the year 8. Located in the Empire State Building (great gym in the basement) 9. 1on1's with the CEO

Cons

Company is growing really fast and working through growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a great culture and continue building a great product.

WorkStride2018-05-10

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at WorkStride full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Unlimited days off (Don't abuse it) - Work from Home Fridays - Always stocked and clean kitchen - Extremely Transparent - Great Benefits package - Excellent upper management - Clear about the mission - Gym downstairs - Great work life balance (Not to sound cliche) - Located in the Empire State Building - Fair compensation, not under industry standard.

Cons

- If you have low self-control for eating snacks this place isn't for you.

Advice to Management

If it's not broke, don't try and fix it.

WorkStride2018-04-25

"Great company and culture"

I have been working at WorkStride full-time

Pros

Fast growing company where each and every person has an opportunity to make a difference and grow. Ideas are heard, autonomy is given, and execs are always accessible and supportive - all the way up to the CEO. Wonderful culture with the right mix of hard work and fun.

Cons

The growth stage of the company comes with some shifts and unexpected turns at times. Agility, adaptability and keeping up pace are key.

Advice to Management

Continue raising the bar and attract those with the right mix to keep the momentum going.

WorkStride2018-02-17

"Client Relationship Manager"

I have been working at WorkStride full-time

Pros

Collaborative work environment - as a new employee, I felt very welcomed and supported. Strong leadership with an emphasis on performance Flexible hours and casual dress Great location in the heart of NYC!! Innovation encouraged and rewarded! WorkStride is probably the most innovative company in the employee recognition and channel incentives industry today, and that creates a lot of positive energy and... opportunity for growth

Cons

Only "con" I can think of is that as a remote employee, it can be difficult to engage is the team building events that take place at the NYC headquarters.

Advice to Management

Continue to add smart, hard working people to the team!

WorkStride2017-08-28
  10. "Excellent company Culture and Flexibility"

I worked at WorkStride full-time

Pros

It is a fast paced growing company, I was able to learn and grow within the company. I appreciated all the challenges I was faced with on a day to day basis it allowed me to branch out and educate myself in the different departments and roles it took to create a 5 star software product for our clients. The company prides itself in employee appreciation and recognition, we were given a flexible work from home day... which allowed us to spend time at home with family while working from home.

Cons

Although I loved working here , I hope that the company works on employee mediation. Proactively resolving disputes between employees without preferential treatment or biased opinions could prevent the loss of exceptional, driven employee's.

Advice to Management

Investing in a Certified Mediator, if you value your employees this is the more appropriate approach to Preventing Litigation and Promoting a Healthier Work Environment.

WorkStride2017-05-19