Cover image for Workplace Options

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management!(in 16 reviews)
  • "Your work won’t be recognized.. so regardless of how many hours or how much you improve..The managers don’t even speak to the employees.. like if that doesn’t raise a red flag then IDK.. the managers do a pissy job but want you to be patient with them because their new but won’t even be patient with new employees… WEIRD 3/10.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Horrible upper management, pay is horrible, moral is horrible, you are stuck in a cube all day long with minimal time away from your desk.(in 9 reviews)
  • "We are expected to work more, but they have decreased bonuses, taken away our 401K matching and they don't give raises.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Favoritism runs rampant.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Workplace Options and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

WPO Cares

Sep 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an organization that cares about their employees and shows it through benefit enhancements and professional development programs and financial support for training.

Cons

It can be a demanding role day to day to offer support lately.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Please read the reviews before working here

May 24, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can’t tell you one pro. This company is so.. weird.. and shady. Oh I know.. the gym.

Cons

Everything. The pay is atrocious… for the amount of work they are expecting you to do. They promote work life balance but they truly do not care about you. Don’t ever have a family emergency where you have to take care of someone and you need to switch your schedule or wfh temporarily because it won’t happen. You could get into a car accident, and still be expected to come in.. the next day like nothing happened. They say they work with you but they dont… I’ve even heard COACHES… COACHES.. people who are above me who are unsatisfied with the job but are scared to not have an income.. the pay is bad and they micromanage. If a situation arises You can’t even work from home without completing this ridiculous form that WILL be denied regardless. The turnover is insane and because of that the they turn off PTO.. IN WHAT WORLD CAN THEY DENY YOU FROM PTO like that’s so weird.. I don’t recommend. PLEASE DO NOT DO IT PLS save urself. it’s not worth it. Your work won’t be recognized.. so regardless of how many hours or how much you improve..The managers don’t even speak to the employees.. like if that doesn’t raise a red flag then IDK.. the managers do a pissy job but want you to be patient with them because their new but won’t even be patient with new employees… WEIRD 3/10.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great work environment

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good culture among the employees, lots of entry-level positions that can be a helpful place to start in the professional world

Cons

Lower ceiling on professional growth than other companies, not the most competitive pay

4. 4.0

Good stepping stone

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of flexibility and ways to progress career

Cons

Things are often changed for no reason

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and there is a gym

Cons

Behind in technology but getting better.

6. 2.0

No Leadership

Jul 19, 2022 - EAP Counselor in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers, reimbursement for licensure, flexible shifts

Cons

Poor leadership. An environment where everyone is just trying to cover themselves. Favoritism runs rampant.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place. Good people.

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. Good management & opportunity.

Cons

Could be paid more, but job is not too demanding.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Raise the Pay!...

Apr 27, 2022 - Intakes Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company itself is a joy to work for. The culture of the company is health and wellness and they stand firm on that. The benefits are amazing and they really take care of you in that aspect. Management is extremely friendly and even when you did something wrong, they never come at you in a harsh or dominating way. Job and worklife balance is so easy to maintain here, they do not give a hard time at all with taking off of work and they really care about you. There has been so many times, I have had to stay home or something because either I was sick, or m son and they do not give you a hard time at all. They really want you to be healthy and well which is their cultural environment; I have never in my life worked for a company so caring and its appreciated.

Cons

The only issue I have with this company is the pay! I started here over 2 years ago and never got a raise; I recently went to my boss about this issue and was told that the company does not give raises; I immediately got frustrated because I started back in 2019, 15.87 in 2022 is not going to pay any bills; Every year there should automatically be some type of raise especially considering this a job where you supposedly need a degree; I did not work my butt off in college for 4 years, to retain a job paying minimum wage; I have not left the company yet because the although the pay is trash, it is a great company and I want the next company I work for to live up to the environment I will be leaving from. If they paid more, I would stay but I am a single mother and cannot live off of what they pay. Its crazy because this is my only complaint with this company, but a definite deal breaker that has caused many to leave and raise the turn-over rate since I have been here.

Continue reading
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people bad pay

Jun 9, 2022 - Elder Care Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked the job in that I got to help people. My bosses are amazing and I feel like they really care about me.

Cons

Call center Micromanage Bad pay High turnover A lot of stress

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company

Mar 22, 2022 - Team Lead/Coach in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, generous company with forward-thinking leadership.

Cons

Demanding due to customers and fast pace. Constant evolution requires innovation. You won't be happy if you want a slow-paced job.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 275 Reviews
</>Embed

Workplace Options Reviews FAQs

Workplace Options has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 297 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Workplace Options to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Workplace Options employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Workplace Options. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

62% of Workplace Options employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Workplace Options 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Workplace Options to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Workplace Options Job Seekers