KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

World Class Reviews

Updated Feb 2, 2022

Found 48 of over 50 reviews

World Class Founder, President and CEO Nate Paul (no image)
Nate Paul

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "For the most part, good people.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company with job growth

Jun 6, 2019 - Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for the company for 7 years and have been promoted 3 times. As a Manager of my location, I get to see the business grow to over 80 locations. Feedback from executives makes us feel included in the overall picture. Very consistent employment and provides job stability for me and my family. Apartment provided as part of compensation. Major savings for me and my family.

Cons

There is always room for improvement. The bonus program for managers could be improved more to allow top managers to make even more.

8 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

it was ok

Mar 12, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

great salary for people young

Cons

hours were pretty darn intense

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Google the company

Sep 14, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had good snacks at pantry

Cons

Just shady stuff everywhere, including recent news about Austin office

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's Getting Better All The Time

Mar 21, 2016 - Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Co-Workers - New technology and software is added all the time to make things easier - Additional staff has been added and has rounded out the teams - The VPs are making an effort to support their teams - I believe upper management has recognized the need for deeper organization of the company and has hired the right people to propel this company to great heights.

Cons

- Company is slow to pay vendors across the board. - Expectations on deadlines for all departments are different. Some departments do not meet their deadlines thereby delaying other departments. - There is no such thing as personal time with this company. You are expected to respond to emails and phone calls no matter where you are or what time of day it is. When you don't there is always a lecture about "time is of the essence" on all things. - Long hours and lots of work - Not big on providing support staff - Work stations are too small and too close together - Project approvals move slowly

6 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you for your comments. WCCG continues to make efforts to drive improvement and employee satisfaction. The need for additional staff and technology has been recognized and new resources will continue to be provided as them become available. The leadership team appreciates the hard work the employees contribute and will continue to evaluate opportunities for improvements.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working for Smart People is a Good Thing!

Aug 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly dynamic business led by an insightful and intelligent CEO Employees are encouraged to participate at all levels of the business Management tries to be cutting edge on various levels - they are getting there! The benefits are incredible - free parking, subsidized insurance, matching 401K. Free unlimited cell phone plans and iPhones provided to all employees, as well as current laptops Views from offices are amazing And yes, there are LOTS of free snacks and free coffee and free fresh fruit and free tea and filtered water and sonic-like ice Management is very amenable to ordering whatever supplies or office fixtures will help employees be more effective HR department is evolving and very supportive of employees - effective advocates

Cons

The office set-up isn't ideal, but they are working on it Decor needs some help - everyone seems too busy to focus on the aesthetics IT needs additional support to address desktop issues as they arise

7 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you for the feedback. Our leadership team is committed to developing an amazing team with a shared vision. We are appreciative of all of the hard work that it takes to accomplish this vision, and our goal is to establish an environment that provides both professional development and organizational performance.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunity and Growth

Nov 29, 2015 - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young, fast-paced and growing real estate investment firm in Downtown Austin. WCCG's AUM has grown tremendously since its start in 2007 and the firm is now highly focused on growing its infrastructure and people along with it. Pros of joining the team: - Career Growth: it's still a small enough firm where your opinion counts and senior management, including CEO and COO, are accessible and encouraging of innovative and value-add ideas from any level. No micro-management. - Start-Up / Young / Innovative feel, but with seasoned VPs who know the ropes - Dynamic Investing: nationally and across multiple asset classes, with a presence in both Austin and NYC

Cons

With growth comes growing pains, but there is a clear path forward with new operating systems being put in place and a growing team of experienced professionals. Work hours are not 9-5, but this is to be expected at a growing RE firm.

8 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Capital

Thanks for your posting! We are pleased that you have had a positive experience at WCCG, and thank you for your contribution to our growth and commitment to the company vision.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Caveat Emptor

Jun 3, 2019 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only benefit of this experience was making great friends with coworkers who were in just as bad, if not worse, position than you. I can honestly say that I met many terrific people, who I stay in touch with nearly on a daily basis. Every single one of them is no longer with this organization and their lives are much better for it.

Cons

The reputation of this firm is well-known in Austin, so my post is meant for out-of-town professionals, who ownership is trying to recruit to pick up their lives and move to Austin. During my time at this organization, I saw at least a dozen established and seasoned real estate and other professionals relocate to Austin on the false promises that ownership sold them on. Most were gone within months due to micromanagement, a toxic work environment where one is belittled by those in power, and questionable business practices. In addition, the comp at this organization leaves much to be desired (not one person I encountered actually received a semblance of a bonus). Employees aren't ever given a review because the conversation of a review centers on comp, and ownership has no interest in actually paying anyone what they promised. There was an unlimited PTO policy put in, but that too was done to avoid paying out the unused PTO of those who quit. All stakeholders, including employees, tenants, vendors, lenders, are viewed as disposable, and the actual motto here is "on to the next one". Don't be that next one.

24 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Where Careers Go to Die

May 31, 2019 - Vice President in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is that due to the toxic environment, you will forge bonds with people who are also going through the same 24/7 nightmare that you are experiencing, and those friendships last after you leave.

Cons

Unless you are absolutely desperate for work or naive to all the reviews on here (trust me, the adage of "where the is smoke the is fire" is absolutely relevant in this case), run away from considering World Class as an option. The level of disrespect with which you will likely be treated and the shockingly awful way in which leaders talks to and about their staff is downright deplorable.

23 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-paced environment for high-achievers to thrive

Jan 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to work at a firm that operates as a meritocracy and doesn't tolerate non-sense. This is the perfect place for that. Coming from the Bay Area we are used to moving fast and growing businesses, and doing this in the real estate industry is incredibly exciting as the industry is stuck in the stone ages. I've worked in the tech world for a decade, and this is the most exciting opportunity I've ever been involved with.

Cons

Driving large-scale changes takes time and buy-in. This can be viewed as a con -- or an opportunity. The Company is making the changes and only hiring people who get it.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High Turnover Rate and Low Job Stability at the Lower Levels

Dec 6, 2017 - Front Desk Receptionist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely office space. Cordial co-workers. Snacks.

Cons

I was beyond thrilled when I was offered the receptionist position at WCCG. In fact, I was still thrilled until the very moment they laid me off 2.5 weeks later citing "cost saving" measures. Bear in mind that my lay off was immediate, with no severance offered, a mere two weeks before Christmas. The hiring manager swore up and down that this had nothing to do with me or my performance and suggested I use her as a reference. She was well aware that I had turned down other positions thinking that this was a "dream opportunity." Well, I guess it was a dream opportunity, it just turned out to be a dream crusher. My typical day included re-stocking kitchen areas, cleaning conference rooms, answering and directing calls, and sorting the mail.

23 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

World Class Reviews FAQs

World Class has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at World Class to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, World Class employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at World Class. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

52% of World Class employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated World Class 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at World Class to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be management, work life balance, culture.

Popular Careers with World Class Job Seekers