WorldFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
WorldFirst CEO Jonathan Quin
Jonathan Quin
Pros
Cons
  • "Some recent growing pains often experienced with companies of our size(in 11 reviews)

• "As company is growing rapidly some internal politics started to develop(in 10 reviews)

1. "Overall very positive"

I have been working at WorldFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience so far has been really great here at WorldFirst. Product: great reviews - their customers love the products & services. Culture: great as well. Active efforts to engage employees through social activities, community service, and dialogue about important issues. Pay: my experience has been positive, although I'm not sure about other positions. Benefits: generous vacation time. Insurance plans... are good, and lots of other little perks. People: super kind and genuine. Really impressed on this front, actually. They seem to be just as concerned with the character of their employees as with their competency for the job.

Cons

There are some huge process-improvement opportunities. The company seems to be risk-averse and slow to change. To be fair, a part of this may be related to the highly regulated financial sector, but it appears to be an issue with internal communication, and layers and layers that you have to go through to see things improve. Some areas seem to be regionalized that could benefit from clearer central... direction/leadership.

Advice to Management

Take suggestions from employees seriously and act on them.

WorldFirst2018-03-09

"Good pay, lack of structure and communication"

Former Employee - Client Relations Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Start up feel -Lots of PTO (20 days plus opportunities to get more) -Good pay

Cons

-No structure -Lack of communication about business

WorldFirst2019-02-04

"DEAD END"

Former Employee - Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks were ok Nice coworkers

Cons

- Low pay - US office treated like its 1776 - no room for advancement - Kept in the dark/lied to - EXTREMELY outdated systems - Employees spend more time shopping online than working - Bonus was equal to 1.5 days wages - A 19 year old could run a company better than these guys - they closed an entire office of ~60 people and were hiring MULTIPLE people less than 1 week prior: don’t act like someone didn’t know this... was coming

Advice to Management

Ditch the whole “people first” catchphrase as you clearly only care about £

WorldFirst2019-02-01

"Run away!"

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office view in downtown Austin Some hard working people Product is innovative One good leader on US Management Team

Cons

Terrible US management - be prepared to be cussed out Global leadership is clueless Marketing is a joke Good ‘ol boys club

Advice to Management

Until you are willing to admit you did a terrible job hiring “leadership” in the US, you will struggle. Don’t allow leaders to tell team members they “(bad word) suck and should just stay home.” If you want to play with the big boys, you have to be willing to invest in your people and efforts beyond office games.

WorldFirst2018-04-21

"WFUSA"

I have been working at WorldFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparent leadership, fast growing industry/company, good morale, high expectations, fun culture, convenient downtown Austin location, and a very competitive total benefits offering.

Cons

None at this time; potential hires need to be excited about working hard in a fast paced environment in order to be successful.

WorldFirst2018-01-10

"Good learning experience"

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at the company are great and they try very hard to have a "tech start up" feel to the company. They allow employees to travel to their offices all over the world.

Cons

Upper level management in the US really has no clear vision for the future. They are constantly moving offices. They have moved from having offices in Providence RI and CA to Washington DC to now Austin TX. All within the last 6-7 years so there is a lot of wasted time and resources moving people and offices all over the country. The employee turnover is high for entry level sales employees because the people they... hire are very inept or wash out quickly from doing 100 phone calls a day. There is little to no room for movement to management positions and you will spend at least 1 year at the first level before advancing in order to meet the high sales goals. Sales are difficult because it is strictly cold calling and World First is relatively unknown in the US.

Advice to Management

Have better incentives for new employees to stay. Have more established training program for new employees. Do a better job of marketing so that when sales employees call companies they've at least heard of you.

WorldFirst2017-10-26

"Wouldn't Recommend"

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young working environment Co-workers are pretty cool Flexibility to travel to work in other offices across the globe

Cons

Turnover is high in some departments. No clear vision of where the company will be in 6-9 months. No room for advancement at all. Not many people in the US have even heard about WF. There is no recognition for the work you do....

WorldFirst2017-11-11

"World First USA"

I worked at WorldFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good work/life balance -- work should never go home with you for the most part. - Good pay for the industry - Breakfast and snacks provided - Most people are enjoyable to work with - Relaxed environment and nice office views

Cons

- Definitely not the worst place I've ever worked, but has room for improvement. Like any company it has it's cliques. - Some UK associates in the US actively subvert the US office by going through the UK home office to get the "yes" they want. - Negative comments below are bit hyperbolic, but do touch on some issues.

Advice to Management

- Let the US handle US issues without the unnecessary oversight from the UK - Market education opportunities for associates more so they don't feel like they are stagnant in their role - More out of office events

WorldFirst2017-09-22

"Great place to work"

in Austin, TX

I have been working at WorldFirst for more than a year

Pros

Unparalleled access to management, top down alignment on goals & strategies, and focus on employee satisfaction and personal development. Making employees feel like an integral piece of the company is of paramount importance to the business ethos and permeates throughout the organization top down.

Cons

Some recent growing pains often experienced with companies of our size.

WorldFirst2017-08-30

"When all is said and done it is a wonderful company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at WorldFirst full-time

Pros

It's difficult to assign one overarching rating to a company, since there are so many considerations involved. Thinking objectively on a company, I factor in profitability (as this directly influences my future stability), business strategy, and employee engagement. To speak to the first two points of profitability and business strategy, World First has made great strides in the past few months. While the... cost-cutting measures taken are really difficult for those directly involved, as well as detrimental to the morale of current employees, to my mind they were necessary for the long term health of the business. Changes have been made, and change is uncomfortable, but status quo can often be the enemy of progress; in my opinion changes were needed. I think World First is making strides in improving overall business strategy and profitability. Regarding employee engagement, as mentioned before there has been a blow to morale. What I'd like to mention, though, is the people that World First hires and how it treats those employees. Having been employed with other companies, both larger and smaller, I can say that that hiring that World First does is pretty exceptional. There are some genuinely great people that work there, and we can trust each other to do our jobs. That's something that I don't think gets valued enough. As to how World First treats employees, benefits are good and always improving, and I've never seen a company so willing move people around to different parts of the business to find a better fit like World First does. To me that's a huge mark of caring for your employees and helping them to better themselves and be happier in what they do. To my mind, a lot of people don't appreciate the freedom and flexibility World First gives its employees to suggest improvements and self-manage.

Cons

World First is in a bit of a rebuilding phase. The management is re-focusing on cutting costs and engaging employees.

Advice to Management

Ramp up marketing in the U.S.! It's a huge market and no one knows who we are and what we do.

WorldFirst2017-07-19