KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The pay is low and it's difficult to find and land articles.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WriterAccess and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Flexibility, Consistency, Great Support

Dec 2, 2021 - Content Writer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working with WriterAccess for about 3 months and in that time I've grown to absolutely love the platform. It's much easier to navigate than Upwork. It offers instant or weekly pay once the articles you submit are accepted and there is a plethora of writing types you can do: sales landing pages, book reviews, book editing, product descriptions, blog posts, and more. Though I'm a seasoned writer with more than ten years of experience, there are different tiers of writing available based on expertise, so it's ideal for college students or recent grads looking to fill out a portfolio, too.

Cons

Clients can sometimes be slow to respond, but mostly they're on it if you have any questions!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work from Home, But Not Flexible

Jun 2, 2022 - Senior Content Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Predictable work Plug and play Work from home

Cons

Not flexible Role was content management, but it was mostly software execution Not very strategic Minimal time off

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great co-workers, toxic upper management

Apr 25, 2022 - Account Management in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees I worked with here were absolutely fantastic and beyond dedicated to the success of the company!

Cons

The upper management has no respect for personal boundaries and asked the team on numerous occasions to work on weekends. If you called out sick or used vacation days, upper management was passive aggressive about taking time off and had no regard for anyone's mental health, particularly during the pandemic. There are also no benefits aside from your standard 2 week's vacation - their healthcare place is atrocious.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

being self employed is great but also sucks

Dec 27, 2021 - Artist in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm my own boss and set my rates and work hours

Cons

Freelance means that some months are better than others, also I don't have company insurance.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Truly, Wonderful People

Dec 2, 2021 - Content Writer in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If I had to make a list of all the benefits that come with working with WriterAccess, the folks behind the scenes would undoubtedly be right at the top. Working on the Internet is a little strange by its very nature. But if I have a question, they have an answer. If I have a problem, they have a solution. Their warmth - coupled with the freedom and flexibility that comes with such a working arrangement - make me grateful that I was welcomed into this opportunity on a daily basis.

Cons

The hours can be a little long... but then again, I'm as equally responsible for that as anyone.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Easy Writing

Sep 13, 2021 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to start a career in freelance writing.

Cons

Some jobs are low paying.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful! The other employees are helpful and the management team is very understanding and considerate!

Sep 10, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work from home, they train and answer questions quickly, and the customers and prospects are nice too!

Cons

You just know how to stay on task, if you can’t do that you will struggle.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

alright

Sep 17, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

it was ok good pay

Cons

boring, same thing everyday, nothing exciting

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Very popular party company

Mar 14, 2021 - Performer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great kids, fun team and good events, well organized for the most part

Cons

Hard work and sometimes parents are a pain

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dishonest from the start.

Mar 15, 2021 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. There is no work.

Cons

From their recruiting email all the way to their customer service, they’re misrepresenting themselves and the scope of their enterprise. There are many reviews here talking about what a great company it is and how there’s so much work and I think they must have paid those people for reviews because according to the email I received from their own help desk, they’re new and they hope there will be jobs soon. There is literally NO WORK. None. The dashboard is empty. They have you go through all of these hoops, entering your SSN for PayPal only payment and telling you what tense to write your bios in etc., like they’re somebody but it’s just a professional sounding waste of time. None of it matters because there are zero jobs. Nothing. Nada. Then they give you some arbitrary, low bar 3/6 star rating which, if there were any jobs, would kneecap your earning potential. They even tell you that you need to verify your hourly rate with references. Like what? How about you verify there is work before you tell me what to do. Even my references thought that was unprofessional. Like a new employer asking what the last place paid you so they know how much they can not pay you here. I don’t know if they think they’re going to start competing with freelancer or upwork or what the deal is but this is, hands down, the most unprofessional snake oil sale I’ve ever experienced. And to do this now, of all times, when they know full well creatives are scrambling for work, is extra bad.

10 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews

WriterAccess Reviews FAQs

WriterAccess has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at WriterAccess to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WriterAccess employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WriterAccess. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

78% of WriterAccess employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WriterAccess 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WriterAccess to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be workplace, senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with WriterAccess Job Seekers