WriterAccess Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
WriterAccess CEO Byron White
Byron White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "All around AMAZING comapny!"

I have been working at WriterAccess full-time

Pros

Everyone who works here is so incredible and passionate about our product

Cons

The company is growing so quickly and we need more employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Great Content Writing Broker"

Pros

*Helpful staff
    *Decent rate of pay per word at the mid-to-higher levels
    *Good clients for the most part
    *Friendly and helpful writer forum and community

Cons

*The work is ghostwriting, so you can not use it in a portfolio
    *Payment varies by the level of the assignment, some pay on the low end
    *Some clients expect image sourcing for no additional pay. since pay is per word those assignments can end up being low pay for the work.
    *Sometimes there is not a lot of work available

Advice to Management

Consider adding an extra fee for image sourcing and other additional work beyond writing.

3. "My favorite content broker"

Current Employee - Freelancce Content Provider in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Freelancce Content Provider in Nashville, TN

Pros

I love writing as a freelancer for Writer Access. They are the best paying content brokers that I have come across. I also really appreciate their support. If you have a tech problem, they fix it as soon as possible. They also are very fair in mediating problems with clients. I never got the feeling that my problems were unimportant because I wasn't buying content. They pay well and don't make you jump through arbitrary hoops to advance.

Cons

If you have specific industry knowledge, like legal, medical, or financial experience, you will find plenty of work. But for others industries, you may just have to get lucky. They pay twice a month, so if you want a weekly paycheck, this isn't the place to get it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I love how you support the writers. I do wish that there was an option to be paid weekly though.

"Freelance Editor"

Current Employee - Freelance Editor
    Current Employee - Freelance Editor

Pros

Working with Writer Access as a freelance editor has been a great experience. You can pick up work when you want and do it at your own pace - as long as you're within the generally accepted timeframe for article completion. Payment always on time and reliable. A great outlet for freelancers to earn some extra money or build your experience/portfolio.

Cons

There isn't always a ton of work to do. Can go several days without any available articles. Would like to do more work but it's not always there.

Advice to Management

Great platform, great experience. Spread the word more so that more companies take advantage and therefore more work for freelancers!

"Pennies on the $"

Pros

Have no pros to share b/c the pay was SO LOW for the work expected that I accepted no assignments. After writing for more than 10 yrs., Skyword is the only company that actually has GOOD paying clients (while they last...).

Cons

This is the perfect employer for a beginner to build a portfolio and get their name out among companies and editors.

Advice to Management

Pay writers better; they are worth more ~ remember, your clients "get what they pay for"....

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Department in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Boston, MA

I have been working at WriterAccess full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team, excellent working environment, very relaxed. Our CEO takes excellent care of us. You can really tell he cares about his team and ensuring their success. There are a lot of perks to this job. I love all the people I work with and I love what I do.

Cons

There is usually a lot going on at once, but for anyone who has multi-tasking skills it shouldn't be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Byron is great. He really is. And the heads of each of our departments are amazing as well. Keep doing what you're doing!

"1+ year at WA and loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Ambitious and supportive colleagues. Inspiring and growing working environment, with a CEO who has a TON of passion for the company/industry and values each and every employee. As company grows and becomes more mature, more structure and processes are being put in to place, spearheaded by the hard-working department managers. Learning and growth is a priority, and there are many travel opportunities available for attending conferences/trade shows. And of course, Friday free lunches!

Cons

Small company means you might have to wear several hats and juggle a lot at once (but you'll certainly have support along the way.) Employee benefits are limited, but the important ones are available.

Advice to Management

Continue working to put processes/structure into place for both teams, and individuals.

8. "WriterAccess Rocks"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at WriterAccess full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is on the move, and it's taking it's employees with it, along with the many freelancer writers and vendors that have helped it become THE fastest growing, largest writing marketplace on the web. The growth comes with new managers, vision, culture and office location that is sure to please any new team member looking for career advancement.

Cons

The company is self financed, saying no to VC funding to maintain control of the business. While they do have great compensation packages and the best pay rates for freelancers, there are some limitations along with opportunity that come with the plan. Despite all that, they do still maintain the Friday Free Launch for all employees... so it's not to bad ;-)

Advice to Management

Keep going... don't change a thing!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at WriterAccess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company that makes a difference in the freelancing community.

Cons

Very small staff, need to wear too many hats.

10. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at WriterAccess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Input is valued. Great location. Interesting client base. Great writers. Learned a lot. Great experience.

Cons

High intensity, heavy volume of traffic. Lack of process and procedure.