Yesware Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Best ride of my life!"

I have been working at Yesware full-time

Pros

Learn from smart colleagues
    Build a venture backed tech company
    Work closely with executive leadership
    Meaningful work and meaningful relationships
    Make good money and acquire equity in the company

Cons

It's an early stage tech company. This is a con for some. There are going to be ups and downs. Failure is only an event on the path to success. Any negative reviews you read here on Glassdoor better represent the character of the individual who wrote them rather than the unique opportunity Yesware provides.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in product. Hire the right people. Stay focused on the mission.

"Unbeatable Culture and Values"

I have been working at Yesware part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a reason that Yesware was listed as one of Boston's Top Places to Work. Truly one of the most wonderful, open, empathetic teams I've ever come across personally or professionally. The work that Yesware does to create a culture that is constantly improving shows that they truly embody their values of being inclusive and empowering. Very supportive place for women and the LGBTQ community. Besides the incredible people, the perks are hard to beat as well -- nap room, snacks, beer on tap, monthly massages, meditation/yoga classes... the list goes on.

Career-wise, Yesware has provided room for me to grow in ways I previously could not have imagined. Taking initiative is rewarded, and I've found that you can get involved with nearly any area of the company you're interested in (have seen people move across departments to pursue career interests many times).

Cons

Hard to think of any -- if anything, things can get hectic as in any startup, and we're certainly still learning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Your work to increase transparency and communication across the company is fantastic.

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So much opportunity for growth. Great support from higher ups and colleagues. Seriously awesome environment to learn in and work from.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about

"Engaging work, great people, good work-life balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perks are pretty unbeatable - good pay, healthcare, yoga class, nap room, massages, lunch - but the real reason to work at Yesware is the environment. The people are smart. You won't find yourself doing busywork or tasks that you don't think contribute to the company's overall goals or your professional development. You're working on a product that customers love, which feels great. This is the perfect place to work if you feel that you're most productive when you're happy to come to work every day.

Cons

Processes change quickly - if something isn't working, it's scrapped. Overall, this is probably a good thing, but you have to be careful not to be too set in your ways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue to emphasize transparency and communication.

"Customer Success"

I have been working at Yesware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The character, authenticity, and kindness of my Yesware colleagues is truly unique. In short, people at Yesware are caring, honest, and considerate, and the pride and sense that we are working together to build a great business, that does things the right way, is palpable.

There is a premium placed on truth and principle, and every employee is given many avenues and opportunities ("Ask Me Anythings", CEO and Manager 360s where findings are broadly shared, skip-level 1:1s, CEO 1:1s, etc.) to share his/her ideas, suggestions, and critiques, with a balanced expectation that such ideas, suggestions, and critiques work towards being delivered with objectivity (data driven, considering other perspectives, etc.) and principled (crisp, valid, sound).

Cons

Not a con, per se, but for someone on Glassdoor considering Yesware (or any other startup) it's important to consider the "other side of the startup coin". Startups are, by nature, more chaotic and fluid than are their larger and more mature counterparts- being able to embrace constant change and view failure as necessity for success while maintaining enthusiasm is a must if one is going to thrive in a startup environment such as that of Yesware. Because of this, startups (and Yesware) are not for everyone, but for those who find that such an environment is the right fit, I have found there are few things as professionally enjoyable and satisfying.

"Great company, great growth ops"

I have been working at Yesware full-time

Pros

If you enter in a CSM, CES, or AM role, there are lots of opportunities for growth and internal promotion which are supported by upper management.

Cons

in 5 months there are zero cons

"sales people - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Yesware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Free lunch. Yoga. Massages. Great coffee machine.

Cons

If you are reading this, then you're probably applying or thinking about interviewing right now. It is my civic duty to let the world know: they are going to paint you a pretty picture, but do not believe the hype.

Sales here is the most devious, two-faced environment I've ever seen. They've had to wipe out their sales team multiple times, and the effects of that are terrible for morale. The 'leadership' team makes decisions, but how can those decisions be good when they have no practical knowledge? "Success" here is determined by how hard to brown-nose your superiors and this will also determine which accounts you are given, and ultimately, your success.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming your salespeople for not hitting their manufactured 'goals'.
    Listen to them, because your salespeople ARE YOUR END USERS.

Yesware Response

Jun 4, 2018

[From our current COO:] As the person responsible for sales when this review was written, I want to address several points the reviewer brings up. We haven't done anything resembling "wiping out" the... More

"Fantastic Culture"

I worked at Yesware full-time

Pros

Yesware had a great company culture when I worked there.

Cons

Lack of alignment within senior leadership

"Learn from your mistakes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Yesware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great start-upy superficial benefits

Cons

Turn over is a big problem. These tend to happen in waves with individuals and lower management. Recently (2017), there has been a mass exodus of executives. This stress trickled down to lower level employees (layoffs) to follow a "new vision." This happens about once every year or two, or when the team decides that their product/sales strategy isn't efficient, so they'll try something"new." Surprise, using previous strategies that never worked will still not work. It felt like they had constant amnesia. They should know better by now.

Advice to Management

Value your loyal employees, learn from your mistakes (maybe start by writing them down), and stop relying on "start-up" perks for retention.

"Great place to learn, work, and shine"

I have been working at Yesware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Best benefits I've had so far (daily catered launches, flexible PTO/vacation, coaching, snacks, etc...)
    -Healthy levels of autonomy and opportunities that allow for career development
    -Nice and friendly coworkers (for the most part) that are willing to help out
    -Leadership is professional, transparent, understanding, communicative, and cares about creating an inclusive and collaborative environment for all Yesware employees

Cons

-Great at recruiting the right talent but generally lack the ability to effectively identify and solve employee conflicts that are most likely leading to bottlenecks in company growth and success
    -Managers need more training on communicating with team members and making sure their concerns are addressed and that work is satisfying and challenging

Advice to Management

Managers should engage beyond the greetings and update on progress to proactively open up communication with team members. Ask more questions, for it gives employees a chance to open up and provide with valuable insights into their day-to-day. The objective of check ins are to learn not only about their progress, but also their concerns, feelings (yes, feelings) and aspirations. A manager that listens is a manager that strives.