KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Yesware Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2021

Found 69 of over 72 reviews

4.7
Yesware CEO Joel Stevenson (no image)
Joel Stevenson
Pros
  • "Great benefits, a comfortable office, and excellent work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Exceptionally healthy work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "All of the ongoing change and competitive pressures inherent in being an early stage company are present(in 3 reviews)

• "They've had to wipe out their sales team multiple times, and the effects of that are terrible for morale(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've worked!

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yesware has been an amazing place to work for my 1+ years I've been here. The people are smart, dedicated, and genuinely kind humans. The benefits can't be beat (daily lunch, fully stocked kitchen, unlimited vacation days, social events, etc). Management truly cares about the employees' happiness and desired career paths.

Cons

Like most other start ups, the future success of the company is unknown.

2. 3.0

yes review

Jul 12, 2021 - Cleaner in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

hour lunch hour lunch hour lunch

Cons

low pay low pay low pay

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Oh Man - This Place is One of a Kind

Apr 2, 2021 - Customer Education Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yesware is truly one of a kind and an amazing place to work. My time at Yesware has been a learning experience, a personal growth experience, and a wild ride that I wouldn't trade for anything. The number one thing to love about working at Yesware is the culture and the people. I've learned so much from the people at Yesware, both personally and professionally. This is such a smart, caring group of people who live up to their company values. For example: I had a pretty bad car accident during my time at Yesware. There were flowers from the company when I got home, cards from coworkers, and offers to cover any work missed. A beloved co-worker passed away and we were offered counseling sessions and a lot of leeway to mourn in a way that made sense for each individual. I experienced a mental health crisis during the pandemic and every possible accommodation was made and again, flowers. Mental health is so stigmatized and hard to talk about it, especially at work, and Zoe in HR and my manager made the whole process super easy to both talk about and take the time I needed to recover. Yesware also has tons of fun events and killer benefits. Who doesn't love unlimited vacation and a kitchen full of snacks? They cut a few benefits back due to Covid belt tightening, but they wanted to keep their people more than keep their perks, which I'd prefer any day. I assume once things go back to normal a bit, they'll re-instate some of the unnecessary perks. Yesware is also really dedicated to social causes and has a commitment to diversity, which, in my opinion, is so important. I believe at one point we were 50/50 women, an impressive feat in tech. Another pro of Yesware is the transparency from Execs. Nothing is a surprise and employees are kept in the loop, even in difficult times. A better way to put that is: "especially in difficult times." Because Yesware is a small company, you can make a big impact. There's always work to be done, and you'll be rewarded if you roll up your sleeves and get to work where work is needed.

Cons

Start-up life is not for everyone. It took me about six months to get used to the constant change, limited resources, and overall chaos. If you thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment and enjoy being scrappy, a start-up is for you. If you're all about processes and boundaries between job roles, I'd say look elsewhere. Start-up life is chaos, but it's also a blast. Because Yesware is a venture backed start-up, sometimes career growth can be stalled because there aren't the resources or the growth to make it possible. This too is not Yesware specific, but something to keep in mind when choosing your next workplace. If you're in a customer facing role, because Yesware is a B2B company aimed at Sales people, your primary customer base will be folks in Sales. This can sometimes be a challenge based on the Sales culture of your customers, especially if you are a woman. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but just something to be aware of. I honestly can't think of any real Yesware-specific cons. The non customer facing folks and customer facing folks are a bit separated, but Yesware has done a lot of work to make everyone a more integrated, larger team so we speak the same language and have the same goals. No company is perfect, but Yesware does its absolute best to meet challenges head-on and solve them.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard-working and friendly environment

Mar 29, 2021 - Senior Content Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working at Yesware. Everyone is hard-working, kind, and welcoming. The company is filled with smart and driven people who have taught me so much. Because of the small teams, you have a lot of responsibility right off the bat which personally helped me grow a ton professionally. I enjoy going to work every day and love the people I work with.

Cons

Just your typical startup bumps in the road. It’s a competitive industry. We move fast and work hard and try to tackle the challenges as best we can.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal Engineering Org and Great People

Jan 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at a few companies in my day and can say that the engineering organization (management, product leaders, designers, and of course engineers) is the most organized and well structured organization I've been a part of. I think the engineering organization's maturity, tooling, and performance is similar to that of a much larger organization. On top of that, the people in the engineering org (as well as the rest of the company) are all great people to work with.

Cons

While the engineering org really shines, sometimes it seems as though other parts of the company don't necessarily perform at the same capacity, or that the communication between the different departments can be iffy at times.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to be a part of!

Mar 29, 2021 - Account Executive in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yesware has an amazing work environment and community. Everyone is welcoming, supportive, and friendly. Employees have access to diverse opportunities they can take advantage of.

Cons

Lack of organization and prioritization with product development.

7. 5.0

Great company

Apr 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great company.

Cons

0 cons absolutely perfect in every way.

8. 5.0

Amazing Culture and work environment

Mar 16, 2021 - Product Designer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open, communicative, mobile, interesting work.

Cons

tends to be risk averse as an older startup

9. 5.0

Tenacious start up

Mar 19, 2021 - Product Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yesware has a supportive environment

Cons

There is some unorganized leadership

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Place to Work!

May 26, 2020 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams are effective and close knit. No office politics to speak of and people are always available to help each other out. There are opportunities to work on all areas of the stack: front end, back end, and infrastructure. Individual contributions are visible to users and leadership. Great benefits, a comfortable office, and excellent work-life balance.

Cons

Yesware is in a competitive industry and there’s little margin for error. Projects and priorities will shift depending on the needs of the business.

1 person found this review helpful