Yesware Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

4.6
Yesware CEO Joel Stevenson (no image)
Joel Stevenson
Pros
  • "Weekly yoga, and meditation every Tuesday and Thursday(in 9 reviews)

• "Great benefits, a comfortable office, and excellent work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "All of the ongoing change and competitive pressures inherent in being an early stage company are present(in 3 reviews)

• "They've had to wipe out their sales team multiple times, and the effects of that are terrible for morale(in 3 reviews)

"A Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Yesware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teams are effective and close knit. No office politics to speak of and people are always available to help each other out. There are opportunities to work on all areas of the stack: front end, back end, and infrastructure. Individual contributions are visible to users and leadership. Great benefits, a comfortable office, and excellent work-life balance.

Cons

Yesware is in a competitive industry and there’s little margin for error. Projects and priorities will shift depending on the needs of the business.

Yesware2020-05-26

"Awesome place to work with smart, genuine people"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are spoiled by having so many brilliant people without agendas other than moving the business forward. Versus other places I've worked, the lack of politics here is remarkable. We have awesome customers, Tier 1 investors, and lots of interesting problems to solve for our users.

Cons

We can be too nice to each other - more productive, healthy conflict would be helpful. We are in a very competitive market so as a result have little margin for error.

Yesware2019-10-14

"A special place to be"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Smart, kind, and thoughtful colleagues - A lighthearted and authentic environment- walk around the office and you'll hear a lot of laughter all while seeing people who are genuinely engaged - Supportive and caring managers - Great CEO - Though the space is competitive, the opportunity is huge

Cons

- Though this is moving in the right direction, the kind nature mentioned above can result in a lack of healthy conflict and/or accountability

Yesware2019-10-13

"Extremely supportive environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work if you're looking for a supportive start-up environment. Leadership encourages open communication and individual empowerment. No one is on a power trip here; very encouraging, feel-good place to learn and grow your career.

Cons

Like many SaaS start-ups, there can be lack of alignment at the executive level on how to drive growth - with product/engineering and sales/marketing often at odds.

Yesware2019-10-11

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and fellow colleagues! Room to grow. Accepting of new ideas. Loved working here!

Cons

Company was going through a major transition = challenging times

Yesware2019-09-26

"A Wonderful Group of People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for more than a year

Pros

- An amazing group of people to work with. We have a recognition channel where we can give thanks and props to our teammates, which gets a lot of use! Everyone is genuine and gracious to one another. - Only 70-80 employees, so everyone knows everyone. - The company as a whole is very transparent. We have a company wide meeting every 1-2 weeks for status updates from different departments and ask-me-anything meetings where the company can ask the board and execs the tough questions and they are answered honestly. - Lots of opportunity for growth and learning within the company. As an engineer specifically, there are multiple teams working on different areas of the product. If you want to work on something different, there is opportunity to switch to another area. - Great benefits: Daily lunches, fully stocked kitchen and pub. Cold brew and coffee provided. Monthly massages. Weekly yoga, and meditation every Tuesday and Thursday. Flexible hours and work from home policy if you need to. After 5 years, you get a vacation/trip paid for as a gift from the company. Unlimited time off. Paternity/Maternity leave. Commuter benefits and gym reimbursement. This list goes on. - Great culture and very pro-volunteering. Referral Bonuses for hires is donated to a charity of your choice. As a group we also do volunteer activities as they arise.

Cons

Really not much to complain about. If anything, we face the same struggles most start ups face. We are finding our spot in the market where we can grow, and in the process things can get rocky (layoffs and switching focus and resources when needed).

Yesware2019-06-02

"A place that prides themselves on making Yesware a great place to work."

Former Employee - Fullstack Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Yesware full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great office culture * Great benefits * Open minded and knowledgable coworkers * Interesting problems to solve * Great work life balance * Great office * Personal development stipend

Cons

* As a developer you might not wholly understand a user use case since the product is aimed at mostly sales folks. * Upstream dependency on gmail and Microsoft can sideline product plans when things change without notice.

Yesware2019-04-30

"Supportive and motivating environment"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a genuine effort from employees to see this company grow and succeed. Employees empower and challenge each other. I look forward to coming into work every day!

Cons

Could use more quiet work spaces, but there are plans to fix that so no cons here!

Yesware2019-04-04

"Unbeatable Culture and Values"

5.0

I have been working at Yesware part-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a reason that Yesware was listed as one of Boston's Top Places to Work. Truly one of the most wonderful, open, empathetic teams I've ever come across personally or professionally. The work that Yesware does to create a culture that is constantly improving shows that they truly embody their values of being inclusive and empowering. Very supportive place for women and the LGBTQ community. Besides the incredible people, the perks are hard to beat as well -- nap room, snacks, beer on tap, monthly massages, meditation/yoga classes... the list goes on. Career-wise, Yesware has provided room for me to grow in ways I previously could not have imagined. Taking initiative is rewarded, and I've found that you can get involved with nearly any area of the company you're interested in (have seen people move across departments to pursue career interests many times).

Cons

Hard to think of any -- if anything, things can get hectic as in any startup, and we're certainly still learning.

Yesware2018-07-18

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Yesware full-time for less than a year

Pros

So much opportunity for growth. Great support from higher ups and colleagues. Seriously awesome environment to learn in and work from.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about

Yesware2018-06-22