Yesware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yesware Interview Questions

Interviews at Yesware

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Terrible. I passed the first phone screen and they had given me a coding challenge. However, before I could even attempt the coding challenge, they had emailed me saying the position had been filled? Note: On the phone, the recruiter said they were going to send me a coding challenge, but I had to reach out to them after a few days because they had forgotten to send one lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Great experience and everyone was super welcoming. While I accepted an opportunity elsewhere, I really enjoyed the conversations I had with HR and hiring managers. Everyone was very transparent about the role, pay, and opportunities for growth and wanted to make sure the role would be a great fit for me, which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

• "How do you manage and adjust your time at work when unexpected events and conflicts come up?"   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

I made it to the end of Yesware's interview process, and though I did not end up getting an offer it was a very pleasant experience. They're also very considerate of your time (mine only took two weeks because of a holiday).
    It consists of:
    1) An initial, very conversational, phone screen. Their recruiter is very easy to talk to and you learn a lot about the company (and they are really interested in your background).
    2) A coding challenge (it’s not timed)
    3) A phone call with one of their senior engineers. You'll go over your technical background, and technical interests. I'm not sure if mine was typical (it may be for someone new to the field), but we spent a lot of time talking about how my pre-development positions would relate to the work I'd be doing there.
    4) In-person interview. This was about four hours long and had several parts. The first part is a 30-ish minute presentation to give on a project you've made that you give to around 10 of their engineers (make sure to make some nice slides!). They were a good audience and it wasn't as stressful as it sounds, but know your project inside-and-out since you'll get several questions. Afterward, you have four one-on-one interviews with engineers. They included whiteboarding challenges on topics such as database structures, data flows, algorithms, and OOP design- so brush up on those. The engineers were really friendly and weren't sticklers for knowing exact syntax, mostly just trying to figure out how you'd solve the problems.
    I didn't end up getting an offer due to my relative inexperience, but it seems like an awesome spot to work. They’ve even gone above and beyond regarding sending me explicit feedback on areas to improve, and have helped me make connections at other companies that may be more open to a more junior developer, which I believe reflects very well on them as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do whiteboarding problems on database structures, data flows, algorithms, and object oriented design.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yesware in June 2019.

Interview

I'm so appreciative of how responsive and transparent Zoe and the team were throughout the recruitment process. Additionally, through each of my discussions I have felt the culture at Yesware, which is rare that you get a strong sense of this through a few conversations! I connected with Zoe, the hiring manager and a peer for phone screens and enjoyed each. There was nothing particularly noteworthy from them besides that all three folks were strong interviewers. I ultimately had to withdraw from the process due to some other constraints. One opportunity for the team is to continue finding ways to shorten the overall recruitment cycle process (this took place over a month due to PTO, and other competitive companies I've seen move forward in about 1 - 2 weeks).

Interview Questions

• All questions asked where standard and primarily behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process at Yesware was one of the most accommodating that I've had. After applying online, I was quickly reached out to by a recruiter for a phone screen. From the start, the overall tone was very welcoming and relaxed. The phone screen was a candid conversation to learn more about my background / interests and the position and company.

Soon after, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Similar to the phone screen, it was an opportunity to have an open conversation about the position and how my background/interests may fit. The entire call was very conversational and didn't feel like a rigid, formal interview. Questions and answers flowed naturally throughout the conversation.

From there, I was scheduled for an on-site interview (2.5 hours) where I met 1:1 with 5 team members (recruiter, hiring manager, founder/CTO, and team members the role would work closely with). They were very accomodating with my schedule being that I was leaving for vacation and was only able to select from one of their options.

Upon arrival, I was greated and taken to a conference room. Each interviewer had their own style, but the overall approach was relaxed and focused on my past experience and how I would handle certain situations. What I appreciated is that the questions weren't scripted or your typical behavioral/scenario-based ones. Questions arose naturally through each discussion with a few specific ones popping up here and there. You could tell that the questions were focused on me, and they took the time to review my resume and background before hand.

At the conclusion of the morning, the recruited gave me a tour of the office where I got to see the space (and perks!). It was around lunch time, and a good number of people were socializing and eating together (which is a nice thing to see!).

By end of week, I was given an offer. The offer was not unexpected. In fact, the overall range and expectations were transparent from the start. After a few days to think, I ultimately decided not to leave my current employer due to a change of events that occured after my on-site interview.

Overall, my experience with Yesware was outstanding, and the decision to not accept was not easy. If my employer's unexpected need hadn't arisen, I would have joined the team in a minute!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a situation where you had to work with differing personalities? How do you handle navigating those conversations?

Have you ever had a challenging situation with a software engineer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy. They were very flexible with me when I got in an accident an hour before and had to reschedule to the following week. I met with 4 people (at different times) throughout a 2 hour period.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was greeted upon arrival and given a welcome tour of the office where I was offered coffee and water. I was then directed to one of the conference rooms where I was given an interview schedule with the interview panels names and contact info. I met with 4 Yesware employees individually throughout the entire process. I got a break halfway through to grab a drink/use the bathroom. Interviews are naturally nerve-racking but this was a very pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

A delightful experience.
    1. phone screening by the Director of Talent.
    2. A second from Hiring Manager
    3. Invited for a group onsite interview. Onsite started with an office tour. The company really cares about their employee. Free lunch, Yoga studio, nap room and a hefty desk setup. I was given 30 min to chat with VP customer success, support manager, customer success manager, engineering manager and current experience specialist. The whole process felt like a conversation. Each interviewer had their own style. The team expedited my process because I was very late stages of the hiring process. A great group of people.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Yesware? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provided exceptional customer services.   1 Answer

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yesware (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiting and sales teams were so friendly, welcoming and overall it was a pleasant experience. I was overwhelmed by how nice everyone was. The culture in the SF office was amazing for such a small team.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process was easy as everyone makes you feel as comfortable as possible throughout. Everyone is very transparent and honest which can be surprisingly difficult to come by. I had an initial phone screening with Zoe, Yesware's Director of Talent, followed by a second phone screening with the Head of their Customer Experience Team, Carolyn. Both were super- friendly and welcoming. My call even dropped with Zoe and we weren't able to reconnect for 10 minutes but still had an amazing conversation that allowed me to move along. After the second phone screening, later that day they told me they want to move forward with meeting the rest of the team.

It started off with an office tour (bless that nap room...) and the office is amazing. The final interview(s) were separate, 30 minute, back-to-back interviews with various members of their customer success and engineering team. This was to predominantly determine cultural fit and motivations as everyone was very welcoming and eager to speak with me. You must have a hunger to learn and be prepared with examples of recent things you've learned. They did a great job setting my expectations of the role to make sure it was truly something that I wanted to do. The entire allotted time was about 3 hours and each interview was a conversation between normal individuals, not a typical interview and interviewee scenario.

They got back to me later that day offering me the position, which I gratefully accepted. I'm happy to be joining such an amazing team!

Interview Questions

• - What're some things you've taught yourself recently?
      - Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question