Yesware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process at Yesware was one of the most accommodating that I've had. After applying online, I was quickly reached out to by a recruiter for a phone screen. From the start, the overall tone was very welcoming and relaxed. The phone screen was a candid conversation to learn more about my background / interests and the position and company.

Soon after, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Similar to the phone screen, it was an opportunity to have an open conversation about the position and how my background/interests may fit. The entire call was very conversational and didn't feel like a rigid, formal interview. Questions and answers flowed naturally throughout the conversation.

From there, I was scheduled for an on-site interview (2.5 hours) where I met 1:1 with 5 team members (recruiter, hiring manager, founder/CTO, and team members the role would work closely with). They were very accomodating with my schedule being that I was leaving for vacation and was only able to select from one of their options.

Upon arrival, I was greated and taken to a conference room. Each interviewer had their own style, but the overall approach was relaxed and focused on my past experience and how I would handle certain situations. What I appreciated is that the questions weren't scripted or your typical behavioral/scenario-based ones. Questions arose naturally through each discussion with a few specific ones popping up here and there. You could tell that the questions were focused on me, and they took the time to review my resume and background before hand.

At the conclusion of the morning, the recruited gave me a tour of the office where I got to see the space (and perks!). It was around lunch time, and a good number of people were socializing and eating together (which is a nice thing to see!).

By end of week, I was given an offer. The offer was not unexpected. In fact, the overall range and expectations were transparent from the start. After a few days to think, I ultimately decided not to leave my current employer due to a change of events that occured after my on-site interview.

Overall, my experience with Yesware was outstanding, and the decision to not accept was not easy. If my employer's unexpected need hadn't arisen, I would have joined the team in a minute!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a situation where you had to work with differing personalities? How do you handle navigating those conversations?

Have you ever had a challenging situation with a software engineer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

CCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yesware (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was demanding and took about half a day from start to finish. Fortunately, they provided lunch, though I don't think an interviewee should count on that. There were back to back phone calls with team members in the Boston office, so a majority of the calls were done virtually. There was also a skills review which required a demo to the people that had previously interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Why Yesware over all of the other tech start up companies that exist in the Bay Area?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy. They were very flexible with me when I got in an accident an hour before and had to reschedule to the following week. I met with 4 people (at different times) throughout a 2 hour period.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Honestly was debating on sharing this but I felt it was the right thing to do. The interview process was interesting, had a phone interview with HR, than the hiring manager of the sales team, and got invited to the group panel, everything seemed perfect they all looked like they liked me everything was nice, said I would get a decision of moving forward between 24 to 48 hours two days later I found that the sales position was canceled due to reasons and no one notified me I had to find out my self than the HR said that there was another position that I could be good for than I had to do another interview process all over again, over all horrible experience no one followed up with me ever, wasn't happy which is sad I had such high hopes. I felt so played by this company seemed like they wanted me to work there but didn't.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application I received a call to set up a phone interview with the head of the Sales Operations team. After the initial phone screen, I was offered several times that would work for an afternoon of in-person interviews at the Yesware office. I met with 5 members of the sales team and sales leadership team. After meeting everyone I had lunch with the Sales Team at the Yesware office, it was tacos! That afternoon I received a call offering me the role of SDR.

Interview Questions

• If money wasn't an object and you could be doing anything in the world, how would you be spending your time right now?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yesware.

Interview

It sounds cheesy, but the entire process felt like a conversation rather than an interview. I was floored by the amazing office, but every single person I met with was such a genuinely nice human being that I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, but the 'interviews' were more of a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yesware.

Interview

It was a quick interview process; I started with a manager who then brought me in for an in-person, where I met with the VP, Director, and Sales Rep. From there it was a verbal/written offer.

Interview Questions

Yesware Response

Apr 22, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thanks for weighing-in on you interview with the Sales team. Wondering if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the interview experience here? Great feedback, thank you for sharing this!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and informal, but that can be a good or bad thing. In this case, the good was that I was able to talk some of the actual team members I would have been working with. The bad was that nobody really knew what they were looking for, and what the position was in general. The thing that stood out the most is that the CTO and co-founder of the company (Chemsford, I believe) essentially told me that he felt the position was impossible for anyone, and that's obviously self-fulfilling. If he feels like nobody can do the job he's trying to fill, there is no way it should exist. That would explain why, as they told me, it's been open for a very long time and they haven't been able to commit to any candidate. This does (perhaps, in my view) reflect the somewhat rambling history of this company overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach/design a project from start to finish?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone screening. I was to hear back in a day or two; I did. The position was already filled. Seems like they wanted to fill a racial quota in order to hire who they really wanted.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very odd. I had an interview scheduled and then got a call, but I didn't get any information about the role. I was just told that I was over qualified for the role and that the company would reach out again potentially in a few months when there was something that matched my skill set more. I am a bit disappointed. The interviewer just kept talking about salary, but never asked how much I currently make, or mentioned how much the role paid. In reality, I would have loved to have at least interviewed, even if it was a step down for my level of experience. I knew that it was a bit below what I was looking for based on the experience listed, but the opportunity to work for a flourishing company was really what I was after. It's a shame that I wasn't given the opportunity to even at least hear a bit more about the role and make the decision for myself if I wanted to move forward or not.

I left a voicemail to see if I could try to get more information after the initial call. I was a bit thrown off by the initial call that I didn't really know how to react when I was told that I was over qualified. There are certainly worse things that I could have been told. But in any case, the opportunity to make the choice on my own would have been nice.

Would I apply or try again? Absolutely, I would just make sure to be a bit more direct and ask for clarity. It was just a strange occurrence.