aeSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathy Shell

1. "Overall - Very Friendly Team and Technically Satisfying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Super friendly staff
    - Several technical leaders in the company so you have big knowledge pool to rely on
    - Management interested in your professional growth and if you show interest in interdisciplinary training, you are provided opportunities.
    - Company is big enough to have procedures; standards; templates in place but small enough to still have family feel. Very easy to approach, VPs and CEO
    - Flexibility of work schedule

Cons

- Difficult to get approval on industry training; attending conferences

Advice to Management

- Have transparent training budget and promote more young engineer development besides OJT

2. "Started out well"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

I worked at aeSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are friendly and welcoming. Greenville, SC is the home office - enjoyed working with most people there.

Cons

Company is held back by a few individuals who run off anyone who is hired in the project controls sphere. Very opposed to change or modification and refuse to admit their system is broken. Many improvements could be made, but unless one particular person thinks of it, then it's not a valid idea.

Advice to Management

Take a look at where there has been an extremely high turnover rate, and ask yourselves why. There's a problem with the management in that area. Not all the subordinates who have come and gone are wrong.

"Good people, good work, good company"

Current Employee - Principal Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Principal Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

-Great people. Management frequently stresses that aeSolutions is a top 10% company (our staff is made up of the top 10% of professionals in their fields). Over my time with the company, I could not agree more.

-Challenging Projects

-Enjoyable work environment

-Company is well positioned in several growing fields

-Senior Management's technical expertise and understanding of the Process Safety and Automaton fields.

Cons

Functionally none compared to other places I've worked. Medical insurance cost is a bit more than at larger companies. The market situation in the oil and gas market had a pretty strong impact on the company last year, but since that time the company has worked to grow into additional industries and increase diversification.

Advice to Management

-Continue to emphasize the importance and appreciation of your people.

-We are not in commodity fields or bulk engineering. There is a minimum technical competence that is required just to get to the table with clients in our field, but it is our people, work quality, and advanced technical expertise that keeps clients satisfied and coming back. Ensure that your people recognize the important role that they play and encourage them in this.

-Stress that it is the relationships that our staff have with the clients that they work with which substantially contributes to our ongoing success.

-Continue to diversify clients and industries.

"Great people, awful software"

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time

Pros

Some of the best process safety people you will ever work with, both personally and professionally.
    If you can keep away from the home brew software it's one of the better PS jobs out there.
    Benefits are so-so.
    Profitable years pay a bonus

Cons

The in house software is frustrating and awful, if you get stuck working with it you'll probably start looking elsewhere.
    Wage increases relatively small.

Advice to Management

Stop emphasizing use of in-house software over quality engineering.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flex schedule allows you to set a schedule that works best for you. Everyone gets along really well.

Cons

Oil economy has caused raises and bonuses to be at a minimum over the past few years. Also work events have been on the decline and overall moral has taken a hit.

"Innovative company that can’t get out of its own way"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible on schedule, smaller company, innovative, market leader, great group of people to work with

Cons

Compensation stagnation, dependent on a few large clients, inconsistency in work being done

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy. If the entire safety life cycle being execute by one company is the goal, allowing individual groups to make their own decisions that are not cohesive with decisions made by other groups will never accomplish that goal. Standardize the company offerings to increase margin instead of every group and every sub group doing things their way resulting in a lack of consistency and an inability to increase profitability because the work is always different.

"Used to be (and can still be) a fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

I worked at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great family culture, passionate employees (those that are left), great pay and decent benefits.

Cons

The family atmosphere has definitely gone downhill the last few years. The downturn in oil prices has really put a strain on the business outlook of the company. Management has not done a very good job of navigating the downturn, and doesn't communicate well with the employees.

Advice to Management

It can still be a fantastic place to work, but you need to do a better job of being open with your employees. Listen to them, and if they're pushing back on an idea, it's probably for a reason and doesn't mean they're a bad apple.

"aeSolutions - Passionate about Safety"

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time

Pros

One of the best reasons for working here is the people. The management cares about the employees and they make sure we are comfortable in our jobs and in our offices. The company is very stable. You don't have to worry about layoffs like many of the larger companies. The company truly does make safety a priority.

Cons

I wish the commute in was better but you would have that almost anywhere.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the management would come visit the Houston office more.

aeSolutions Response

Nov 4, 2014 – Human Resources

We're excited to share that over the past year we have made a concerted effort toward this, and soon several members of our Senior Management Team will be based in our Houston office!

10. "Great people, great company mission, lots of potential growth"

Current Employee - Corporate Support in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Corporate Support in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at aeSolutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers at aeSolutions are all clearly dedicated to their jobs. They seem excited for the work we're doing, and happy to be here. Everyone is also very approachable - I can get up and walk down the hall to ask one of the owners a technical question, and he's likely to pull me in and answer the next three questions I would have had.

Cons

The company is growing fast, and is transitioning from a small business to a medium sized business. It can make for some stress, but it's also a great opportunity to contribute to that growth.

11. "The company is supportive of professioanl growth, families and watches market to stay competetive with benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Flexible time off program, friendly, feedback on performance is regular.

Cons

Growth creates lots of new faces.

aeSolutions Response

Nov 4, 2014 – Human Resources

While this review is a few years old, we've continued to grow and have added a lot of new faces since that time. We've brought in some new technology to allow for more face time between our three ... More