aeSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Kathy Shell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Overall - Very Friendly Team and Technically Satisfying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Super friendly staff
    - Several technical leaders in the company so you have big knowledge pool to rely on
    - Management interested in your professional growth and if you show interest in interdisciplinary training, you are provided opportunities.
    - Company is big enough to have procedures; standards; templates in place but small enough to still have family feel. Very easy to approach, VPs and CEO
    - Flexibility of work schedule

Cons

- Difficult to get approval on industry training; attending conferences

Advice to Management

- Have transparent training budget and promote more young engineer development besides OJT

"Poor focus, no strategies in place, and limited services."

Former Employee - Engineer in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Engineer in Anchorage, AK

I worked at aeSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can see.

Cons

Low salaries, insurance premiums too high, no opportunities for training, and only a few customers. Too many inexperienced and younger workforce.

Awful software. Customers complaining all the time.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced workforce. Have a long term strategy in place. Too high in hourly rates charged to the clients for the value they provide.

aeSolutions Response

Sep 22, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the candid review of your impression of aeSolutions, and while I appreciate your perspective, I fully disagree with several of your characterizations.
    The Alaska market is a... More

"Started out well"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

I worked at aeSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are friendly and welcoming. Greenville, SC is the home office - enjoyed working with most people there.

Cons

Company is held back by a few individuals who run off anyone who is hired in the project controls sphere. Very opposed to change or modification and refuse to admit their system is broken. Many improvements could be made, but unless one particular person thinks of it, then it's not a valid idea.

Advice to Management

Take a look at where there has been an extremely high turnover rate, and ask yourselves why. There's a problem with the management in that area. Not all the subordinates who have come and gone are wrong.

"Good people, good work, good company"

Current Employee - Principal Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Principal Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

-Great people. Management frequently stresses that aeSolutions is a top 10% company (our staff is made up of the top 10% of professionals in their fields). Over my time with the company, I could not agree more.

-Challenging Projects

-Enjoyable work environment

-Company is well positioned in several growing fields

-Senior Management's technical expertise and understanding of the Process Safety and Automaton fields.

Cons

Functionally none compared to other places I've worked. Medical insurance cost is a bit more than at larger companies. The market situation in the oil and gas market had a pretty strong impact on the company last year, but since that time the company has worked to grow into additional industries and increase diversification.

Advice to Management

-Continue to emphasize the importance and appreciation of your people.

-We are not in commodity fields or bulk engineering. There is a minimum technical competence that is required just to get to the table with clients in our field, but it is our people, work quality, and advanced technical expertise that keeps clients satisfied and coming back. Ensure that your people recognize the important role that they play and encourage them in this.

-Stress that it is the relationships that our staff have with the clients that they work with which substantially contributes to our ongoing success.

-Continue to diversify clients and industries.

"Great people, awful software"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time

Pros

Some of the best process safety people you will ever work with, both personally and professionally.
    If you can keep away from the home brew software it's one of the better PS jobs out there.
    Benefits are so-so.
    Profitable years pay a bonus

Cons

The in house software is frustrating and awful, if you get stuck working with it you'll probably start looking elsewhere.
    Wage increases relatively small.

Advice to Management

Stop emphasizing use of in-house software over quality engineering.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flex schedule allows you to set a schedule that works best for you. Everyone gets along really well.

Cons

Oil economy has caused raises and bonuses to be at a minimum over the past few years. Also work events have been on the decline and overall moral has taken a hit.

"Innovative company that can’t get out of its own way"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible on schedule, smaller company, innovative, market leader, great group of people to work with

Cons

Compensation stagnation, dependent on a few large clients, inconsistency in work being done

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy. If the entire safety life cycle being execute by one company is the goal, allowing individual groups to make their own decisions that are not cohesive with decisions made by other groups will never accomplish that goal. Standardize the company offerings to increase margin instead of every group and every sub group doing things their way resulting in a lack of consistency and an inability to increase profitability because the work is always different.

"Used to be (and can still be) a fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

I worked at aeSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great family culture, passionate employees (those that are left), great pay and decent benefits.

Cons

The family atmosphere has definitely gone downhill the last few years. The downturn in oil prices has really put a strain on the business outlook of the company. Management has not done a very good job of navigating the downturn, and doesn't communicate well with the employees.

Advice to Management

It can still be a fantastic place to work, but you need to do a better job of being open with your employees. Listen to them, and if they're pushing back on an idea, it's probably for a reason and doesn't mean they're a bad apple.

"Some concerns"

Pros

Good group of people and a solid market niche for a consulting/contracting company. I have some good friends here and it is a young, dynamic, group. The goal of making industry safer is valuable and aeSolutions is making a positive impact.

Cons

Current downturn in oil prices has created instability in the business. Many of the ways management has reacted have been difficult to understand and poorly explained.

Advice to Management

Communicate decisions better to your staff and seek better input from employees on staffing changes.

"Great company to work for"

I worked at aeSolutions full-time

Pros

Enthusiastic coworkers and exciting projects

Cons

No real cons I know