Cover image for ams OSRAM

61% Recommend to a Friend
65% Approve of CEO

Found 960 of over 1K reviews

3.5
ams OSRAM Chief Executive Officer Alexander Everke (no image)
Alexander Everke

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefit (I'm required to key in at least 5 words but i can't think of other points hence this sentence in bracket).(in 56 reviews)
  • "Good colleagues and well paid(in 51 reviews)
  • "Good in Work Life Balance(in 49 reviews)
  • "Pivots are hard... Good people at all levels.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Salary is good if you are hardworking(in 36 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management and bad arrangement.(in 56 reviews)
  • "No direction or leadership or strategy.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless and very much an 'Old Boys' club(in 11 reviews)
  • "You can have a career there if you have the right manager, and are aligned with the right project of the month; you better be ready to travel anywhere they send you(in 11 reviews)
  • "When you start working here you will get no training whatsoever and they will expect you to learn their own process on your own.(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ams OSRAM and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Combined potential

Jan 7, 2023 - National Distribution Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great LED and Sensor Technologies.

Cons

Market still unaware of the combined company possibilities.

Berater

Dear colleague, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your current position as national distribution sales manager at ams OSRAM. It is wonderful to read that you perceive our company as a great LED and Sensor Technologist. Based on this vision, we want to establish and strengthen a corporate culture characterized by trust and integrity, the passion for winning and setting the benchmark. Therefore, we are grateful for diverse exchanges, new ideas, and contributions from different employees. We want to focus on enabling every employee to constantly improve and grow. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not sure where the company is going

Feb 3, 2023 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to work with some amazing people. Job used to be lots of fun developing new products. The new now is cost cutting and it shows on the quality of product.

Cons

Many management decisions that appear to show they want to close/sell off portions. Very top heavy not enough investment in the people on the floor. If you are part of the in crowd you will get promoted.

3. Join the ams OSRAM team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

AMS OSRAM Review

Dec 28, 2022 - IT Systems Analyst in Danvers, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Family environment Nice people. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

Still integrating with AMS who purchased OSRAM but getting close to completion.

Frau

Dear former colleague, Thank you for your feedback on your former position as IT systems analyst in Danvers at ams OSRAM. We appreciate your positive feedback and are very pleased to hear that the offered benefits are appealing to you. As it is ams OSRAM's ambition to constantly improve, we also want to keep optimizing and mitigating any unpleasant consequences of the merger. I wish you all the best for your future. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Sep 24, 2022 - Principal Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company, good working culture.

Cons

Slow decision making, detail oriented in design process.

Berater

Dear former colleague,    Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your position as a principal engineer at ams OSRAM. Its great to read that our company and the working culture appear positive to you. We are constantly working to offer employees a pleasant working atmosphere as well as the speed of the process to advance decisions. I am happy to receive your feedback and we try to implement your suggestions. If you are interested in a more personal conversation, please reach out to me: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com.   Kind regards,    Katrin Klug-Jud    HR Communication / Social Media Manager

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Terrific coworkers, but bad upper management and no investment in resources.

May 22, 2022 - Business Field Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers with a lot of industry knowledge. Great team environment that is very supportive. Benefits (health and 401K) are solid.

Cons

Global matrix organization where you frequently report to someone overseas who has no direct knowledge of your work, workload, or business. Limited local or regional resources. Headcount not being replaced means your daily workload increases with each retirement or resignation as their workload gets distributed among the remaining people. Very poor raises/merit increases in the ballpark of 2.5-3% when they happen. Upper management is historically not good, and changes every 2-3 years resulting in a complete lack of consistent vision or mission. Most set policy for the company without understanding the impact on the various individual organizations within it, causing harm to many of them through their lack of knowledge of that business and lack of support for it.

3 people found this review helpful

Frau

Dear colleague, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your current position as a business field manager at ams OSRAM. It´s good to see that you experience a good working environment and that our benefits find approval. Also, I see that you have some criticisms about various topics and I’m sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with our management decisions in the past. We can assure you that every decision is made with the intention to improve the working experience of our colleagues. Our leadership principles require that management should actively listen to the employees and consider every employee’s contribution. Can you give me more feedback and your insights about your issues? I am interested to understand your point of view better: Katrin.KlugJud@ams-osram.com. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall good

Aug 11, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice culture, smart co workers, good work life balance

Cons

frequent leadership change before and during the integration

Berater

Dear former colleague, We are glad that you are taking the time to give us feedback about your former position as a digital marketing manager. I am happy to see that you describe our culture as positive and that you appreciate your work-life balance. In our company´s culture, a large range of offers to support every colleague in balancing their family and career the way that suits them best is important for us. We can understand your critique, and we are doing our best to make the transition as easy as possible for all colleagues. If there are further details you would like to clarify, I´m more than happy to connect with you: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com.  Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good employer

Jul 5, 2022 - Senior Associate in Versailles, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, lots of experience.

Cons

Fluorescent lighting industry was in decline and the facility specialized in fluorescent lighting.

Berater

Dear colleague, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your current position as a Senior Associate in Versailles. With our comprehensive learning provision, we want to ensure that everybody can fully unleash their technical and personal potential, as we see learning and development opportunities as a prerequisite to our becoming the uncontested leader in optical solutions. Therefore, I am delighted to see that you have been able to gain a lot of experience in our company. If you have further feedback on how we can improve please let me know. You can reach me at the following address: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Raise pretty bad

Aug 22, 2022 - Staff Test Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very nice and friendly.

Cons

Salary is not competitive and the raise is really bad too. higher management also says how good the company does but it really does not reflect to raises.

Berater

Dear former colleague,       Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your former position as a staff test engineer at ams OSRAM. It is great to read that you describe our colleagues as nice and friendly. We require a corporate culture characterized by trust and integrity to imagine the impossible, decide and execute as well as empower and hold accountable. If you are interested in a more personal conversation to discuss the critical points you mentioned, please reach out to me: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com.       Kind regards,    Katrin Klug-Jud    HR Communication / Social Media Manager

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice People But That Is Not Enough To Retain Me Long Term

Jul 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful Work, Bright People, Friendly and Collaborative Work Culture, Opportunities to Learn, Great Work Location

Cons

No Raise or Pay Adjustment in over 30*** Months, Forced to Take Long Blocks of PTO Over the Holidays, Overlapping Reorganizations, No Employee Retention Plan, No Incremental Pay For Added Responsibilities

2 people found this review helpful

Berater

Dear colleague, Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion and feedback about your current position. Having an open corporate culture with great colleagues is one of our guiding principles at ams OSRAM, and we always strive to improve conditions for our current colleagues. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy such a work environment. I see that you have various criticisms and that you have not been satisfied with some of our management decisions. As we aim to become the uncontested leader in optical solutions, we are currently analyzing synergy and optimization potential within our organization. I am interested in understanding your perspective better. You can reach out to me for a private conversation: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ams osram company

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Netherlands, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture, very good work life balance

Cons

cant find any at the moment

Berater

Dear former colleague, Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion and feedback about your former position at ams OSRAM in the Netherlands. It is good to hear your positive feedback on our work culture and the work-life balance. If you have anything you want to talk about in greater depth or have more feedback to share, please contact me: Katrin.Klug-Jud@ams-osram.com. Good luck in your further career. Kind regards, Katrin Klug-Jud HR Communication / Social Media Manager

Viewing 1 - 10 of 960 Reviews
</>Embed

ams OSRAM Reviews FAQs

ams OSRAM has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,241 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at ams OSRAM to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ams OSRAM employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ams OSRAM. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

61% of ams OSRAM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ams OSRAM 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ams OSRAM to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with ams OSRAM Job Seekers