eAssist Reviews | Glassdoor

eAssist Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2019

Found 100 reviews

4.7
eAssist CEO James V. Anderson (no image)
James V. Anderson
Cons
  1. "Dental Specialist/Account Executive"

Current Employee - Dental Specialist

I have been working at eAssist full-time for less than a year

Pros

you can grow as much as you want to

Cons

prioritizing was difficult at first- organization is a MUST

Advice to Management

I honestly think this is the best opportunity I have ever been given!! eAssist is the place to be!

eAssist2019-10-02
  2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at eAssist part-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the flexibility, independence, and ability to work as little or as much as I’d like.

Cons

Not everyone is self-motivated enough to work from home.

eAssist2019-09-25

"Overall a great company"

Current Employee - Success Consultant

I have been working at eAssist full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is good, Flexible hours

Cons

You put in a lot of hours, days, nights and weekends. Lots and lots of constant change. If you are not good which change and up on your feet to make constant Pivots then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Slow down on rolling so much out. Its a great opportunity to work with eassist but the constant stress of constant change of reports, reviews, names, goals, pay, and leadership just to name a few is unsettling. I feel I need a month or 2 int between changes to catch my breath and get a full understanding. On top of that trying to do the best job for the practice I serve. Its become a lot more work on the eassist... side of things which takes away time from our clients sometimes. I know we all want to be the best and do the best, can we just slow it down a touch?

eAssist2019-09-26
  4. "Experimentation With Unproven Business Trends Instead of Vetted/Basic Business Practices."

Former Employee - Account Executive/Success Consultant

I worked at eAssist part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home (however, that's not always a good thing)

Cons

1. Pay is too low for work level and report requirements ($7.00 - $12.00/hr commission [even if you increase volume (e.g., additional offices) you still only make that amount per hour] think about it!). 2. Pay self-employment taxes due to independent contractor status - but treated as an employee with all other circumstances - probably from a lack of understanding and experience with HR, business, and labor law.... You really are all employees, not independent contractors. 3. Employ too many unproven business tactics that change frequently - probably from a lack of understanding and experience. Such frequent changes are not just troublesome to employees, but are not understandable as you have not been able to establish their effectiveness. Which tactic gave you the desired result? No one knows! 4. There is no monetary incentive for advancement - either for a position or enrichment. Good old boy club/nepotism is evident. 5. Backbreaking work required if working full-time, just to make ends meet. Part-time is truly not available in their "culture" of how employees are to operate. Even their most recent decision (which removes even more control from the independent contractor) proves that. 6. Don't do this as a part-time position. The money is not worth the obstacle course they've created for you - both for your personal and professional time management. This applies for full-time too, but more noticeable when part-time.

Advice to Management

1. Go to the basics. Running and leading/managing a business is not difficult. Concepts are not hard to understand. You don't need new ideas to make it happen; you don't need to build a better mouse trap. Identify real reasons and KPIs/trends. 2. Your interview and vetting process for "independent contractors" is a difficult process. Those who make it through are definitely experts in their field. It makes no... sense that you look for experts and then tell them what to do and how to do it when you hire them. These experts should be telling you what to do. 3. Operate above par. To label workers as independent contractors (to keep eAssist from paying payroll taxes) but then treat them as employees is not the way you do that. Surround yourself with people who know what they are doing and have the right answers or access to them- don't fake it till you make it, or wait to get lucky from stumbling upon a new business idea that may work. 4. Pay your employees as employees and what they are worth. Clients will pay whatever is needed for experts and value. They cancel services because you discount and undervalue the services provided from the beginning (50% prior paid claims). Get better client agreements with teeth and enforce them! 5. You are too top heavy. Support your employees, not the other way around. It's only a matter of time where working from home is no longer worth the effort and constraint to a low working class pay level. The fun and levity to the work environment are long gone. You've been lucky in your success because of the few who are loyal. That won't always last. Time to employ real business tactics, for the right reasons, and above par. You'll never go wrong when you do it right.

eAssist2019-09-11

September 19, 2019Chief Personnel Officer

We are grateful for the service that you have given to eAssist dental billing clients over the relatively short time you were associated with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your frustrations with you. We invite you to call our CEO directly--he is easy to talk with and would like to learn about your situation and point of view. That said, we respectfully disagree with the statements in your review (many of them are simply false) and would like to offer some clarity for the benefit of all readers: We aren’t experimenting with untested business practices. We aren’t “faking” anything. Our people have built America’s largest and most successful dental billing company from the ground up; built on core values of integrity, servant leadership, continual improvement, caring for others, and doing what’s right. Our core purpose is to deliver peace of mind. These aren’t “experimental & untested” business practices, rather these are true north principles that have earned eAssist a spot on the inc. 500/5000 list for 4 years running. We don't pay an hourly wage. Our people are responsible dental professionals with an average of 10 plus years of experience in the dental field. They run their own businesses and many have been consultants for local dental practices for years. We pay based on results. The more you work to help dental offices collect, the more money you make. Most of our people make a lot more per hour than they did working in a dental office--but like any business owner, the more effective you are, the more money per hour you make. For instance, some dentists running their own dental practices make $500-800 plus per hour. But some ineffective dentists make $50 per hour and often can’t make their practices work. Most of our Success Consultants are making a lot more income than they did at a dental office using our platform--but a few struggle initially learning how to make the remote working environment successful for them. Running your own business, setting your own schedule, thoughtfully solving customers’ problems without being told how, and being your own boss is not the best fit for everyone's skill set. We understand that our platform isn't the ideal solution for everyone. Our vetted contractors use our HIPAA compliant software systems to work for their client offices. As business owners, they set their own schedules, determine which accounts they will work, have the freedom to come off accounts if desired--among other things. They use their own equipment, have their own business expenses, and enjoy the risk and reward benefit that comes from running their own businesses. Most of our contractors have other sources of income besides the money earned on the eAssist platform. We do require certain end results (like meeting our brand promise--much like how someone building a home can insist on certain quality results from their hired contractor who is building their home), but we don't control the method of how our contractors get there. We also encourage all to develop themselves and their businesses, but whether they do or not is up to them. They are not employees, but rather important strategic partners and customers of eAssist. We have over 600 Success Cconsultants working with us as of this writing with a vast majority of them having been with us for years. They absolutely love the opportunity, flexibility, culture, pay and experience. Dear Reader, Please take a moment to review the many other positive glassdoor reviews from Success Consultants found on this site. If you are entrepreneurial minded, hard working, can be trusted to deliver results unsupervised, and want to work for yourself, we invite you to apply to see if you qualify to be invited onto the eAssist platform at www.dentalbilling.com.

5. "Fantastic Company offering growth and opportunities while working from home!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nutley, NJ

I have been working at eAssist part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful team of knowledgeable dental gurus! Unlimited resources for gaining more know-how with all things dental insurance and billing. Friendly and approachable coaches and team members.

Cons

No cons working for this company!

eAssist2019-06-18

June 19, 2019Director of Communications

Thank you for this fantastic review! eAssist really is full of dental gurus and it provides a unique network of information you can't find anywhere else. Glad to have you on the team!

6. "BEST JOB EVER"

Current Employee - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at eAssist full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

get to work from home. Set own schedule for the most part. I can easily go to my son's school programs without missing work. Don't have to deal with traffic.

Cons

There really isn't a lot, but this job requires problem solving skills since you are remote.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!!!

eAssist2019-05-02

June 19, 2019Director of Communications

Thanks for the review, we love hearing it is the "best job ever"! No traffic really might just be the best perk, right? 😉.

7. "FANTASTIC Company!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cary, NC

I have been working at eAssist full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Set your own schedule, work while traveling, great network of professionals

Cons

Have to work and fill out reports everyday, no paid time off/benefits, clients can cancel with 30 days notice

eAssist2019-04-12

April 22, 2019Director of Communications

Thank you for this great review! The network of professionals is truly one of the greatest assets eAssist provides to our contractors. We love hearing that it is benefiting you! Thanks for being part of the team.

8. "Great opportunity for having a flexible schedule!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at eAssist part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, growth opportunity, utilizing my skillset

Cons

Extensive vetting process for on-boarding

eAssist2019-04-16

April 22, 2019Director of Communications

Thank you for this positive review! The vetting process can be long and difficult, but it allows us to offer the best dental billers in the industry. Thank you for sticking through it and becoming part of the team!

9. "A solid company that helps you succeed"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lemoore Nas, CA

I have been working at eAssist part-time for less than a year

Pros

You are surrounded by knowledgeable professional people that support one another. Being an independent contractor has given me a wonderful way to balance my career with everything else that is important to me. I am constantly challenged and learning. I have been in the dental industry for 25 years and I am still learning new things with eAssist. The company environment is always one of support and growth. I feel... very blessed to have had an opportunity to work for eAssist!

Cons

Working from home sounds like it's going to be a cake walk, but if you know you are not a structured person, or not self motivated, this may not be for you. You must be organized and prepared for extra hours in order to complete the task at hand. I say all of this not really as a "con" but as a way of helping future eAssisters know if this is for them. You must also be extremely knowledgeable as you will be put... through a rigorous vetting process. You will have to be patient and wait for your first assignment. Again, I don't necessarily see these as cons but something to point out because if you imagine a company that you just pop into and don't really know dentistry and get to sit around in PJ's doing nothing ... Well this isn't it. -ok so SOMETIMES I wear PJs ;) Also if you have little ones, prepare to have times where you need childcare in order to have quiet uninterrupted moments as we represent a professional company and a conference call with a noisy environment doesn't work.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow as you always have. Continue to listen to your ICs and incorporate suggestions into the fabric of the company. Don't try to imitate other companies. We are eAssist. We are unique and although I agree with seeing what works for others to an extent, it's not going to work in the same way with a completely different type of industry. Keep up the amazing work. Proud to work here.

eAssist2019-03-27

March 29, 2019Director of Communications

Thank you for this fantastic and constructive to review. We love that you point out these "cons" so that others are aware of the hard work and change of typical work day. Our best ideas have always come from our people and we will continually have an open door and open idea policy, it is vital to our growth. We appreciate your hard work and are happy to have you on the team!

10. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at eAssist full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

eAssist is such a great company. They truly care about the employee and independent contractors. They love when we succeed and give tons of tools to help you be successful. Working from home is obviously the biggest Pro here! I love that I am in my own environment, away from the Drama and attitudes you can get in an office. I work on my own schedule and have some flexibility when I need it. The company culture is... Awesome and there are so many friendly people here! You really never feel alone because you always have someone to talk to. Biggest Pro: Who doesn't love the Casual work attire!! I may never go back to a regular office just for this reason alone!! My pets are by my side and when my kids are sick, I can be there for them.

Cons

Benefits are the biggest con. There is no Health insurance and no retirement. Also you are paid really only once a month which can be hard in the beginning to budget. Independent contractors are responsible for their own taxes and can sometimes be unreliable, because the company cannot Force them to do anything since they are Independent contractors.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward! I love the way we are headed!

eAssist2019-03-27

March 29, 2019Director of Communications

Thank you for your great review! Casual work attire is a definite pro in our opinion. And pets always by your side, can it get much better? Thank you for explaining some of the changes that an independent contractor life can bring. We appreciate your help in preparing people for these changes. Happy to keep moving forward with amazing people such as yourself.

Found 100 reviews