eClinicalWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
eClinicalWorks President Girish Kumar Navani
Girish Kumar Navani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work environment is really good and getting learning opportunity" (in 57 reviews)

• "Good for freshers and employee centric" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Timing mostly they work in night shift" (in 81 reviews)

• "EGO - Team leads are egoistic as they cannot hear no from employee" (in 40 reviews)

1. "Computer System Engineer"

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very well cultured, structured and formatted discipline

Cons

Work extra hours when required

2. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Westborough, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

God for entry level positions

Cons

Too many relatives...I think 30 percent of the company has their own relatives !!this not good for the company

Advice to Management

Please give training to all team leads in treating their employees

3. "Great place to start your career in Healthcare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mentoring and training for new out of school employees in Healthcare space.
    Great product and support for clients
    Good and supportive team members
    Good Benefits

Cons

No work from home flexibility
    No career growth opportunities

"Management needs to stop promoting unfit people to be leads"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, great team members, great experience

Cons

A lot of leads are not qualify to be leads (Team/Department/Business Unit) - Just because they have been with the company for so long doesn't mean that they can lead. Some just look out for themselves, will throw you under the bus. Some are willing to go above and beyond for their teams

Need more structure - Team / Department / BU and grant the title and powers they deserve. People need to be accountable for their actions.

No improvement plans - People are stuck and they have to learn by themselves

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate who can lead, promote them and make them accountable for their actions. Promote continuous improvements/learning.

"Software Specialist- TAM"

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time

Pros

Home Pickup and Drop
    Food Compensation

Cons

Night Shift. You have to wait back almost everyday. Increment is poor

"Data Migration Engineer at Eclinicalworks"

Former Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Westborough, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pro is they will sponsor for your H1.

Cons

I wish I could give less than one star for the rating. There is no work life balance, Horrible management and No career growth. You work on the same kind of task everyday and they make you work like crazy even after going home and the salary is way below industry standards and there is no Bonus.

Team leads are very partial and they do not give any encouragement for your work and instead they blame you only for the mistakes. They have their favorite employees who are supported no matter what. Work is never distributed equally and coordinators who assign your tasks act like they are team leads and they complain to your leads if you are not ready to take challenging projects.

Advice for Students looking for full time opportunity: It is better to join a consultancy than taking this job. This is my humble request for everyone who are looking for a full time job to not to take this job.

Advice to Management

There is no point in advising anything to the management because that will never be implemented.

7. "FIT FOR A BEGINNER"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great place to start a career in healthcare and create a work family. Great colleagues

Cons

They do not invest in their employees

Advice to Management

Hardworking staffs who are willing to go the extra mile if only the management can invest in them.

"Very bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of any pros... Run away asap

Cons

Bad environment especially in support. Work load and pressure is too much. Salaries are way below industry standards. They do not like to pay their employees at all. Exploitation for employees who are on visa. Team leads are in their positions due to the number of years they spent there, no relevance to technical or managerial skills. Mentors are a biggest joke in this company. People who are lazy and do not want to work are promoted to mentor positions who being in customer facing roles do not talk to customers. Team leads and mentors do not contribute to work even when queue counts go crazy. The entire expectation to do customer support, testing, analysis, finding bugs is on the technical account manager a.k.a technical support. Team leads only care about the numbers and do not consider employee issues. This company lacks work culture big time. If you are willing to work like a donkey and nod your head to your team lead to anything and everything, then this is the place. The software is extremely buggy and instead of improving it, this company concentrates more on exploiting their support employees by asking them to do their best. Most employees are relatives. Managers find pleasure in publicly insulting their employees without giving them a chance to talk. RUN away from this company... STAY AWAY from here.

Advice to Management

Please hire good developers and test engineers and try to make a good software. Hire and promote people based on their talent and knowledge. Take a look at the team leads in your company and stop blindly trusting them, they are only there to mint money.

"Americans stay away"

Current Employee - Trainer in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Westborough, MA

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good medical benefits
    Nice building

Cons

Where do I even begin. Please read. I was very excited to start with Ecw. I love the product is what drove me there. However, as my training progressed it became evident to me that if you are not Indian you are on the “shit” list.
    They make you take these cultural classes. Absolutely terrible. They outcast you for not being Indian and make you watch videos of India when your position doesn’t even require travel to India. I am a firm believer on code of ethics. Treat all people respectfully no matter race , religion. These classes made me feel highly stressed and very uncomfortable. The list can go on and on. Pay is absolutely terrible for the demand. Zero balance for personal family time. If you want to work a lot and not get paid. Then this is the job for you.
    Nothing but cousins, and owners family work there. I get it. Take care of your family but if you don’t like that. Then don’t work there.
    In training the put you in a terrible hotel that smells like mold and you have to room mate with another grown adult. No morale. No warm welcoming. No smiles. Absolute garbage.
    Also they have Mary Kay ladies that work there and show up at the hotel on pay days waiting at the entrance. They email and text you to go to their “shows” on business email and ask why you can’t attend. With the pay I make at Ecw. I definitely can’t afford Mary Kay. You are treated like children. You are told numerous times not to walk in the hallways. You are watched going to the restroom. I wouldn’t doubt they count how many times you have to use the restroom. Cameras everywhere.
    I also felt like in high school. Clicks everywhere.
    Indians with Indians.
    Whites with whites (very minimal)
    Blacks with blacks (very minimal)
    Also when they don’t want you to understand they speak Hindi.

Advice to Management

Hmmm I doubt anything will change. Your culture is set.
    Your doors will forever be revolving.

"Run, run, run away from eCW"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am getting a paycheck while seeking opportunities elsewhere.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is not one good thing I can say about eCW. And yes, I, like many others, are seeking opportunities elsewhere. Note the following:

1. The product - there are so many “bugs” and issues, that the standard line is “it will be fixed in the next version.” Clients now laugh when they hear this.

2. Micro management - Ewe are treated like hourly employees and monitored all of the time, yet they expect salaried employee (we are) dedication.

3. Most teams leads are incompetent. Leads solely due to time with the company or relationship to company founders.

4. They act like the customer is number one, they are not. Profit is number one.

5. No one has the authority to make a decision without the approval of one of the 3 managing founders. The joke is you cant use the bathroom without their approval.

6. Unless you are Indian/related, you do not have a chance with this company.

7. Pay and benefits are poor for a company of this size/expectations.

8. eCW likes to say we are a technology company, but treat employees like we work on an assembly line.

9. HR is a joke. Run by someone that is in the position only due to her time with the company (and yes, she fell subject to the scam and gave the W2’s for the entire company away - and still has her job).

10. After settling a 155 million dollar lawsuit for faking certification results, eCW “formalized” a compliance team (per the settlement agreement). Yet anytime an issue is brought up in the software regarding a potential patient safety issue or something they may be in violation of HIPAA or other regulation, you are told to be quiet.

11. Overall, the morale at the company is very poor.

The list goes on...