eClinicalWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
eClinicalWorks President Girish Kumar Navani
Girish Kumar Navani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work environment is really good and getting learning opportunity" (in 56 reviews)

• "Its very employee friendly and have lots of additional benefits such as Ac pick and drop, subsidised food" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Night Shift, Interview structure and food" (in 76 reviews)

• "Having a team lead that isn't very happy with training people makes it difficult to learn" (in 38 reviews)

1. "Computer System Engineer"

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very well cultured, structured and formatted discipline

Cons

Work extra hours when required

2. "Big corporate company but feels like a small time start-up (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Technician in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Technician in Westborough, MA

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, good pay, good benefits - nice people

Cons

Throw you in at the deep end -- so its swim, swim, swim

Advice to Management

Assess the tech skills of new hires before letting them go on the road

3. "Clinical Analyst"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Space, good leadership, and industry leaders, balanced work life.

Cons

Not too diverse culture, lack of mentorship.

Advice to Management

They need to trickle their vision to all the employees. Micro management needs to be taken out.

"Americans stay away"

Current Employee - Trainer in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Westborough, MA

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good medical benefits
    Nice building

Cons

Where do I even begin. Please read. I was very excited to start with Ecw. I love the product is what drove me there. However, as my training progressed it became evident to me that if you are not Indian you are on the “shit” list.
    They make you take these cultural classes. Absolutely terrible. They outcast you for not being Indian and make you watch videos of India when your position doesn’t even require travel to India. I am a firm believer on code of ethics. Treat all people respectfully no matter race , religion. These classes made me feel highly stressed and very uncomfortable. The list can go on and on. Pay is absolutely terrible for the demand. Zero balance for personal family time. If you want to work a lot and not get paid. Then this is the job for you.
    Nothing but cousins, and owners family work there. I get it. Take care of your family but if you don’t like that. Then don’t work there.
    In training the put you in a terrible hotel that smells like mold and you have to room mate with another grown adult. No morale. No warm welcoming. No smiles. Absolute garbage.
    Also they have Mary Kay ladies that work there and show up at the hotel on pay days waiting at the entrance. They email and text you to go to their “shows” on business email and ask why you can’t attend. With the pay I make at Ecw. I definitely can’t afford Mary Kay. You are treated like children. You are told numerous times not to walk in the hallways. You are watched going to the restroom. I wouldn’t doubt they count how many times you have to use the restroom. Cameras everywhere.
    I also felt like in high school. Clicks everywhere.
    Indians with Indians.
    Whites with whites (very minimal)
    Blacks with blacks (very minimal)
    Also when they don’t want you to understand they speak Hindi.

Advice to Management

Hmmm I doubt anything will change. Your culture is set.
    Your doors will forever be revolving.

"Run, run, run away from eCW"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am getting a paycheck while seeking opportunities elsewhere.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is not one good thing I can say about eCW. And yes, I, like many others, are seeking opportunities elsewhere. Note the following:

1. The product - there are so many “bugs” and issues, that the standard line is “it will be fixed in the next version.” Clients now laugh when they hear this.

2. Micro management - Ewe are treated like hourly employees and monitored all of the time, yet they expect salaried employee (we are) dedication.

3. Most teams leads are incompetent. Leads solely due to time with the company or relationship to company founders.

4. They act like the customer is number one, they are not. Profit is number one.

5. No one has the authority to make a decision without the approval of one of the 3 managing founders. The joke is you cant use the bathroom without their approval.

6. Unless you are Indian/related, you do not have a chance with this company.

7. Pay and benefits are poor for a company of this size/expectations.

8. eCW likes to say we are a technology company, but treat employees like we work on an assembly line.

9. HR is a joke. Run by someone that is in the position only due to her time with the company (and yes, she fell subject to the scam and gave the W2’s for the entire company away - and still has her job).

10. After settling a 155 million dollar lawsuit for faking certification results, eCW “formalized” a compliance team (per the settlement agreement). Yet anytime an issue is brought up in the software regarding a potential patient safety issue or something they may be in violation of HIPAA or other regulation, you are told to be quiet.

11. Overall, the morale at the company is very poor.

The list goes on...

"Interface Support Engineer"

Pros

All immigrants can have a peace of mind about there visa status.

Cons

Job satisfaction would be zero.

"Not great, but could be worse"

Former Employee - Software Training Specialist
    Former Employee - Software Training Specialist

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pay starts at 50k for trainers, 0-8% bonus every year, new hires start with 15 days PTO with an additional 5 days after 5 years of employment

Cons

Lots of nepotism, everyone is married or related to each other in some shape or form, team leads are chosen based on years of service and not competency or leadership skill, moving to other teams is a lateral move, no upward movement, trainers are on the road 100% of the time so you have no life

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on merit, not on who they know

8. "Interface analyst review"

I have been working at eClinicalWorks full-time

Pros

Working for this company is very secure

Cons

Experience gained is domain specific

9. "A great place to start career"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great experience to learn business. Will be given good opportunities at a young age. Excellent place to build solid communication skills.

Cons

Work hours flexibility could be better.

"If you need internal drama then join the training team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at eClinicalWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. As a trainer most of the time you don't deal with internal drama from your team lead
    2. Good Exposure
    3. Good Perks
    4. Good for fresh college graduate
    5. Owners are good

Cons

1. Internal management
    2. Dirty Politics from the team leads
    3. Team lead doesn't know anything about the software but leads the team that creates many miscommunication department to department.
    4. No respect from your own team or other departments if you are in training team.
    5. Team lead supports other departments instead of supporting her own team to save her job role.
    6. No growth in the company unless you are related to the owner or someone in higher position.
    7. Not good for the professionals.
    8. Many Team leads are not even educated but for the sake of seniority company gave them leading role which creates dramas in the company and team.
    9. No Motivation from your team
    10. Nasty emails from your team leads for asking questions.
    11. Always tension between you and team lead.

Advice to Management

1. Don't ignore Improving the internal management team and relations while fixing the software issues.
    2. Remove senior folks from the leading position to improve the technology.
    3. let team lead also go through the certification like other trainers do to understand the process and why there is excuse to team leads or TET or TTT team
    4. Let handle team lead their own at-least six training yearly to help their own team.