gTeam FZ Reviews | Glassdoor

gTeam FZ Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"I'm hapy working at gTeam but I recongnize it really requires a mindset change"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working with gTeam three years ago, my spouse was relocated and I had to resign after working 10 years for a 500 Fortune public company. Very challenging environment, things mover 10 times faster that in an ordinary organization, personally it has been a great learning and professional experience.

Cons

Long and tough selection process, I had to complete a 5 day simulation. Also the guys you interact with during trial are not so helpful nor friendly.

Advice to Management

Share more about the company, there is a lot of misleading information about gTeam on the web.

"Horrendous-a worst word I would use, if the English language made allowances for one!"

Pros

Ah, the promises! If nothing else, one gets an emotional high from those...

Cons

Absolutely everything else-the testing (and lack of a concrete measurement program by which can understand. Completely arbitrary in measurement, across the board. Management acts as though they trained under the Nazis-no understanding of anything resembling respect to an employee. The list is too long for me to waste more time, here. I seriously warn anyone lured by their promises. It sounds too good to be true-and it is-it IS!!

Advice to Management

In one sentence-STOP LYING to very good people!

"If You Wish To Work Here...Abandon Hope, All Ye That Enter!"

Pros

Promised salary. Large, no doubt.

Cons

I don't know-I wasn't here long enough!
    I started a position on a Monday, and had the misfortune of suffering a seizure on Tuesday afternoon. I was rushed to the hospital, whereupon it was found I had a severe chemical imbalance. Released from the hospital on Friday evening, I returned home to find I had been terminated on Thursday morning. No attempt at contact beyond that Tuesday morning, when we e-mailed back and forth.
    Having owned and run three companies, I couldn't even CONCEIVE of treating an employee in such a way! It is unbelievable they would actually discharge a person they took months to decide to hire in two days, without so much as determining the reason of the disappearance. What would have been acceptable? My guess is, nothing at all. And THAT, is sad. I wish I was so "above it all." Or actually, I am glad I am not. I am part of the human race.

In summation, I would highly recommend against anyone joining the gTeam/Versata. One would wonder, always, when the "other shoe would drop!"

Advice to Management

Try humanity. It works for the rest of us!

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Chief Architect in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Architect in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being able to work from home, or a coffee shop, or while visiting extended friends/family in a different country, etc. There is no office to work in, which changes the culture dramatically. At IBM, for example, a few people were remote, so they missed all of the hallway conversations or the impromptu architecture discussions at lunch, etc. At gTeam, everybody is remote, so there's nothing to miss. All of our whiteboards are virtual and we eat lunch with our families in our own kitchens.

Honestly, the pay is pretty great too. I suspect my previous employers paid a similar amount for me, including buildings, keeping the lights on, HR staff, company events, computers, various perks, etc. But now all of that money goes to me, and I don't need to beg somebody for a better laptop or nicer chair. This is a much better system.

I also like the freedom I'm given. Granted, I have a senior job in management, but I'm never forced into stupid architectures or deploying on some silly mainframe/Winblows like I've had to deal with at other companies. Perhaps said another way: the political BS seems very low here. We only argue about what's best for our clients, not about angering some VP/vendor somewhere.

I know some people see this as a con, but I love it that they don't keep under performers. You can't suck and stay here. You can make mistakes, that's fine, but you can't keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Cons

I sometimes miss going out for greasy burgers with folks on Fridays.

If I had a magic wand, I'd make the recruiting process a little more fair for people who don't get hired. I see that some people here think gTeam gets free work out of people in the Trial phase of the recruiting process. I can clear that up - that's absolutely not the case. They get senior people to solve the coding challenges and then compare incoming recruits to the known answers. There's nothing part of the trial that they don't already have a database of answers for.

With that said, people who don't pass the 3 day trial don't get paid. Years ago, they used to pay every candidate. Then some Chinese company put 100 people through the trial with absolutely terrible submissions just to make the 100 x 3 days pay, so management put a stop to that. There needs to be a middle ground though.

On that same token, because this company's completely virtual, they get 10x more con-artist trying to steal money than any company I've ever seen. I can understand that - it's more tempting when you don't have to walk in the building and let people get to know you. The downside is that gTeam has much higher security standards, which naturally get in the way sometimes. I can't blame them for it, but it is annoying.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they're doing, but consider paying people who do a fair job on the trial but don't make the cut.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at gTeam FZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are somewhat flexible.

Cons

They fire people on a whim. They also continually fire the bottom 20-30% of workers. Managers encourage unpaid overtime. Your work is monitored via webcam. Some managers are verbally abusive. Crunch-time is non-stop.

Advice to Management

Have some humanity.

7. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a work from home organization, it is one of many subsidiaries of Trilogy, the daily developing work is being monitored by Crossover tools that must be installed on your machine, and a weekly payment of your achieved hours is being sent by Payoneer. Every department in the organization has a very capable and technically strong employees.

Cons

You may feel lonely most of the time because there is no physical reactions between team members, and team Agility may affected by time zone from time to time.

Advice to Management

The team may need to meet physically at least once a year in a public conference.

"Worst Developer Job Ever"

Former Employee - Fullstack Developer
    Former Employee - Fullstack Developer

I worked at gTeam FZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Remote location
    - Payment is weekly
    - A lot of promises

Cons

- They are absolutely unorganized. I was added to a project and there was no briefing, all I was told was that we were cloning an existing product. Before I knew it, I was getting task notifications.
    - The remote location stuff is actually a myth. The Times are not as flexible as they say. For example, my team had meeting every day. And we had a compulsory meeting on Tuesdays
    - The time tracker monitors everything, I had absolutely no peace of mind. I was more concerned about being I'm front of the system when the tracker captures my picture than solving the tasks I was assigned.
    - I was fired because the output for my first month on the job was the lowest. I was the new guy on the team and they expected me to outperform the other guys who were there at the beginning.
    - in all. It's the worst job I've ever done.

Forget the positive reviews, they are most likely doctored reviews rather than voluntary ones.

Advice to Management

You guys suck. You need to have proper onboarding process for people joining new projects

9. "Company to avoid"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wages are "anonymized", you will get paid with a card that will allow you to bypass the IRS
    You can work from home.

Cons

- There's no challenge at all
    - They will assign you to a mission, your manager will never follow your activity, and it is impossible to get in touch with the managers.
    - It's an indian company with 2 head offices, 1 in Dubai to avoid taxes and another one in US, probably just a post box. Gteam belongs to Aurea a mega company that engulfs a lot of bankrupted businesses nowadays .
    - I the contract they will stipulate that you can be kicked out without notice but this is in case that you'll have a contract, it took me 3 months to have a contract that was partially signed.
    - Once that you start working for Gteam you will be monitored by a spy software that they will oblige you to put on your PC. Btw, you'll have to use your own equipment, they will not provide any equipment.
    Them soft that is installed on your PC will take hardcopies of you screen (do not open facebook, skype etc... you'll be kicked out and you'll never get paid). What you are typing clicking on which window you did all that is logged and if you do not have a constant flow of typing you will not get paid. Every 10 minutes and also randomly they will take a your mugshot. If you are not in front of the camera and instead watching the monitor you watch the TV, you'll never get paid.
     REMEMBER in order to have 8h per day you'll have to spend 12h.... every time you take a break, smoke or drink your cup of tea cannot be invoiced.
    No health insurance, no retirement plan, no holidays, remember you are a consultant not an employee.

Advice to Management

The lack of implication of the team managers in maintaining a good relationship with the customer will ruin the contract. The customer want to be always in contact with your Gteam manager. But since your manager once he placed you disappears literally from sight you’ll be just a pawn on chess board and sacrificed at the first occasion for the interest of other consultant companies that are on the same project.

"Good Work Environment"

Current Employee - C++ Software Engineer
    Current Employee - C++ Software Engineer

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing experience with dynamic environment and work flexibility

Cons

they have no clear career path if any

Advice to Management

try have more intercommunication, every team in this company is different world

"Fraud Company"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide cloud based infrastructure

Cons

- Management will never reply to your queries
    - All automated responses everywhere
    - No pay for all the hard work you do.
    - No response for where and how was the work if at all it was unsatisfactory. They will simply withdraw the job.
    - Only work for free for them

Advice to Management

Pay your people, don't expect free labour