i4DM Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Systems Administrator"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at i4DM (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth Opportunity and Nice environment

Cons

I need better benefits package

Advice to Management

Wining longer contract projects

"Deadlines don't mean all that much."

I worked at i4DM full-time

Pros

Good group of people to work with. Interesting projects. Some opportunity to work across projects and broaden skill set. Interesting internal projects when not assigned to billable work.

Cons

Project deadlines have less to do with the work actually needed to complete a task and more to do with low-balling contracts for sales. They are negotiated to make a sale, and then the delivery staff is expected to do whatever is needed to complete the assignment, usually an excessive amount of uncompensated overtime.

Advice to Management

Set project deadlines based on actual work expected, and be prepared to counter client requests for fewer hours with ideas that reduce scope. Improving this area will lower uncompensated overtime, improve morale and ultimately retention, and also improve the bottom line, since all those uncompensated overtime hours are lost to billing as well.

"Programmer"

Former Contractor - Programmer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Contractor - Programmer in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at i4DM as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good small company with potential to grow.

Cons

Management not straight forward, they say one thing and not follow through.

Advice to Management

Have same standard for all employees.

4. "An example for all technical consulting firms to follow!"

Former Employee - Developer in Millersville, MD
    Former Employee - Developer in Millersville, MD

I worked at i4DM full-time

Pros

I spend nearly 7 years at i4DM (previously Peart-Hannon Group) and can't say enough about how rewarding my engagement was. The environment is pleasant and the people are fantastic - it it a fantastic environment for both learning and mentoring. There are opportunities to work on consulting projects for a diverse set of industries. The pay is fair and benefits are great too.

Most importantly, the two co-owners are very good people. Previously two developers, they sought to create a company that would be a perfect place for a developer (or other information worker) to work. I trust and respect them both. They are fair, respectful, and appreciate the value of family and work-life balance.

By the way, this 5-star post and positive may seem suspicious as they are somewhat of a rarity on GlassDoor. However, I type this review with utmost sincerity.

Cons

You'll experience the standard cons as any company, but the leadership, environment, and culture help to minimize this.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on!