ironSource Reviews

Updated Mar 1, 2021

4.4
ironSource CEO Tomer Bar-Zeev (no image)
Tomer Bar-Zeev
Pros
  • "Great people, Career path to every employee(in 21 reviews)

• "The company does have good people with bright minds(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, and after hours support (production issues)(in 9 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be improved(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, classic satellite office problems

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The San Francisco office has a wonderful, friendly culture that’s great for both personal friendships and teamwork. Teams are very collaborative on projects, and you can count on taking the full hour for lunch and catching up with your coworkers about both work and life.

Cons

Since SF is a satellite office, there are not a ton of advancement opportunities, and collaborating with the Israel office across the huge time difference can be difficult. Lots of fringe benefits, but base compensation is at the lower end of the scale (although the squeaky wheel gets the grease!)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging, rewarding, inspiring

Nov 30, 2020 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work with great people who are passionate and committed, respectful, and also value people as individuals. The company itself is stable, growing fast, and continues to expand into new areas that keep the opportunities changing and interesting. And I've found the culture to be unique in the mobile advertising and gaming space - it's very warm and welcoming.

Cons

Working in a satellite office presents some unique challenges, and sometimes decision making can feel slow.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with a great product that cares

Oct 15, 2020 - Growth
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I've never worked for a company that cares so much for their employees. I am constantly blown away by how considerate ironSource is. - Diversified products; so room for career growth and learning - On that note, really great products that actually work (No smoke and mirrors - which is refreshing) - Incredible leadership - Wonderful, smart people - Business is healthy - A truly global company; and ironTrips where you get to see everyone

Cons

- Getting adjusted to having HQ overseas can be a bit challenging with time zones / different priorities. That's not really a con - everything still gets done, it's just something that's an adjustment if you're not used to it.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0

The best compamy!

Oct 13, 2020 - Human Resources Generalist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees, great benefits, top 3 in their space and market

Cons

global - working with time differences

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, not so great pay

Sep 14, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, team, product, environment

Cons

Company can be very political, they don't pay very well, but make up for it with perks

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Company that Cares

Jul 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior the the Pandemic, ironSource proved to be a company that cared about the growth and development of their employees. In addition, there's a level of care an transparency that I respect. Once the Pandemic hit, it was extremely impressive how quickly we were able to pivot and ensure all employees were taking care of their own health, mentally and physically. I have never felt so supported by a company. I have had countless growth opportunities and truly enjoy the culture in which we work in. This company is unique in that I enjoy working with everyone I've come into contact with. There's a sense of genuine connection and respect amongst everyone in San Francisco, no matter how much or little I have in common with an individual.

Cons

Even though there's ample growth opportunities, there's also a ceiling to that. However, it depends on the direction in which you'd like the grow. If there isn't an opportunity for growth in the direction I'd like, I can trust that I'd be provided the support to accumulate projects in order to bulk up my resume for an external opportunity.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work at!

Jul 9, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, awesome benefits, flexibility

Cons

Not the best work life balance, pay is low

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

People first company where personal growth is put first

Mar 9, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are encouraged to find what they're passionate for. If your current role doesn't fit your passions there is room to move to different departments internally if the job opening is there. ironSource stresses the importance of being experts in our field and provides training to ensure we're well equipped to be the best partners to our clients. Overall ironSource cares deeply about it's employees in both the professional and personal level.

Cons

Lack of autonomy, a lot of direction comes from top down.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to grow

Sep 5, 2019 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A very good place for people with desire, and innovative initiative mindset. A lot of autonomy, and responsibility for those who earn it.

Cons

High quality people around so might be intimidating at start. Not that it's a competitive environment whatsoever, but just being around a lot of smart people could be intimidating.

10. 5.0

Only big things to come

Sep 5, 2019 - Senior Sales Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- incredible product across multiple divisions - great leadership who cares about people - easy sales story: we’re cleaning up mobile in app video supply - we’re making the industry better - great benefits and compensation

Cons

- honestly, haven’t found any yet!

Continue reading